- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28200 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #480 on: May 29, 2013, 07:33:20 pm »

Alec sighed, although it was from relief, and relaxed more. He felt a slight weight lift off his shoulders, one that he's happy went well considering the current circumstances. Alec rested more comfortably in the bed, staring at the walls for a bit trying to pick out symbols he recognized amongst the mess on there, then looked back at all the IVs. "...How bad was I? Didn't feel much..."

A lie of course, there was some pain, but Alec doesn't feel the need to really mention it and it was easily ignored with pressing circumstances and anger. It all seemed so far away, like it was a dream or something instead of his last waking moments. Alec was shocked with how he acted, rash and confident, but angry and rage-focused. Salve of Sampson? Such strength, but such anger...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"You where almost a corpse" David stated, yawning boardly. "You had many injuries, most of them would have killed you if not immediately treated, poison, and a necromancer beaming ideas into your head. We gave you magic first aid, brought you to the hospital, then brought you to magic healing from the best doctors of history, and it still took you about two weeks to be healed enough to walk around. Boring two weeks. We couldn't do anything while waiting for you, so we pretty much just hung our while you sat here and had spa water pumped through your veins..."

David then got up from his position and gets closer to you. "We should probably talk before the others get back..." David stated in a whisper, near your head. "I came to check up on you a few times, just to make sure you where OK. One of these times, they where doing a test on you, and I happen to see that the tests say you where in a kind of REM sleep, consistent with lucid dreaming. I figured it had something to do with the spell on you....Is there anything you want to tell us, Alec? Holding secrets isn't going to help anybody..."

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 29, 2013, 10:22:45 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Magical healing? He thought Archangel was against such? Well, magic that is, not the healing kind. Magic in general, isn't that a thing of the Freaks? Wouldn't they be against such...? He's not really sure thinking on it. Alec turned his attention to more at hand matters though. Lucid dreaming? David must mean the weird dream-talk with Ezekiel... Should he? Thoughts crossed his mind as scales were weighed. On one hand, he's done enough damage to the team that holding out on them would just be more damage, he shouldn't seek to worsen his ties to them. On the other hand, he pondered what Ezekiel said, how Archangel isn't what it seemed... His mind went back to past missions, tests as Ezekiel called them. A feeling of distaste was in his mouth. Alec thought on how Ezekiel asked if he was helping the werewolves, yet didn't mention the dead not laid to rest, nor the people going missing by the werewolves...

Ultimately, Alec nodded softly, then hesitantly spoke silently to David. "I... I talked to him."

[Sorry for the long wait, got distracted. On terms of Ezekiel, well, with Alec he was playing the right tune but the wrong chords. Doesn't mean he didn't worm his way into his mind, figuratively along with literally in this case however... He may play them right next time they meet, I'm pretty sure there's no if as to the possibility.]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:24:20 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 30, 2013, 06:07:38 pm »

["Us" Ah, so the rest of the gang is watching in from behind a one-way wall or something. Or he's bugged. I'd be heavily surprised if the room doesn't have a camera in it though. May be inferring too much from a simple word, but eh. Question is if I should, well rather the real question is if Alec would.

All assuming this isn't another horrible mind trick that is.]

I am sorry, citizen but this information is currently placed at security clearance VIOLET. Questioning to much is treason. Please proceed to the nearest termination booth. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice day cycle!

[Sorry for the long wait, got distracted. On terms of Ezekiel, well, with Alec he was playing the right tune but the wrong chords. Doesn't mean he didn't worm his way into his mind, figuratively along with literally in this case however... He may play them right next time they meet, I'm pretty sure there's no if as to the possibility.]

Yeah, I think Ezekiel is more effective on the "Join Me!" part then Patricia's insane Nazi friend over there, it will be interesting to see what happens next.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Him?" David continues to ask in a whisper. "The wizard? Did you get anything that can help us? His location? His plan? At least what he looks like?" David asks as he leans closer. "This...spell on your mind, it was related to the werewolves. It is possible that you could fall into madness like they had. Have you been feeling....OK?"

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2013, 06:49:50 pm »

[Hah, love Paranoia. Er, I mean YES FRIEND COMPUTER, RIGHT AWAY!

Made a mistake in the previous OOC comment though, the "I'm pretty sure there's no if as to the possibility" wasn't geared to "playing the right chord" but rather "if they will meet again in the future." Now if he does play the right chord, to continue this metaphor...]

Alec nodded when David asked who. When prompted questions, he furrowed his brow as he thought, trying to look back. It was fuzzy in his mind, he remembered most of it but details... When David leaned in closer to ask him about the last thing, he almost paled. The thought of him always being consumed with rage and anger, possibly going mad and turning on his friends, those he wants to help... The thought frightened him, the possibility that he couldn't control his actions and bring harm to others.

Alec tried to mentally check himself over... He's not really sure how he felt. Confused, regretful, relieved, tired... He remembers the anger from before, but he doesn't currently feel that, he thinks. The thought that it might come back and consume him though... "I... Feel... Okay?" He didn't really sound that sure of himself, less sure than he did before. He tried to push those thoughts away for now, to the previous questions. Alec tried to think of what he looked like, or location, but it was still... Fuzzy.

"The... Wizard. Called himself... Ezekiel." Alec answered to the probing, trying to remember more.

[Good job David, you managed to make Alec much less sure of himself than he was before, as if the illusion party the spiders hosted on his brain didn't already do that before.]

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 30, 2013, 07:19:41 pm »

David sighs as he begins to back away. "His name is all you got? I knew a kid back home named Ezekiel. Otonashi's old squad member was named Ezekiel. Ezekiel was something like the thousandth most popular name in America, even more if he is using his last name..." he continues, getting back into position leaning against the wall. "Well if you ever need help, you can always talk to me. If you don't want to talk to me, this base has plenty of of psychologists, sociologists, chaplains, priests, rabbis, doctors, kittens.... I am sure you will find something that can help you, but if you have a problem, you need to gets some help...."

Suddenly, the door burst open. Tommy, followed by Helena, where making airplane arms and running in formation out the door, followed by Otonashi and the strange doctor walking slowly behind them. "Now Alec, you have a two-hour grace period to be sure that your body is working properly before your squad must work again. The drugs should wear off by then." The doctor states, as he pushes a button on a remote, causing your restraints to lift themselves off of you. "Please stay near the hospitals if possible. If you need assistance, just tune into frequency 911 on your communicator."

"We will be waiting in the base when your finished, Private Rowe." Otonashi states, not even looking in your direction as he exits the room. David follows.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 30, 2013, 08:16:04 pm »

Yep, Oto's still pissed. Alec sighed as he slowly, slowly rose into a sitting position, carefully trying to remove the IVs himself from his arm to free it from their horrid plastic tubing grasp. If someone offers to help him remove them, he'll accept, if not he'll continue the attempt by himself. If they're expected on another mission in two hours, he'll need to be on his feet and moving after all. Last thing he wants to be now is a dead weight.

With the IVs gone, he swings his feet off the bed and inspect his own clothing and items to see what exactly he has. After this is complete, he'll check his sides, then his shoulder where he was bit gingerly to see how along they were. With self-evaluations out of the way, Alec will feel the pendent around his neck lightly, inspecting it as well, before sighing and putting his hand back down. The thing struck him as a leash, almost, although he understands the need of it. Scratching his head as he shook it lightly to try and remove the grogginess manually, although didn't work, Alec looks at the doctor for a moment before speaking. "Thank you. For the..." He couldn't remember the name the doctor had called the pendent by. He also spares a glance at Tommy and Helena, them still in the room.

Damn did he need a cigaret right about now.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 31, 2013, 10:26:01 pm »

You get up, no one offering you any form of help. Looking at your wounds, you find them nearly perfectly healed, with only a red sunburn like mark in the areas you had been damaged in, surrounded by a small bit of dried blood around it. You don't feel anything hurting in it, though the drugs have not worn off yet. You feel the pendent, a hard metal slightly warm to the touch, though you where cold in the robe. It was triangular, with Latin inscriptions on it, in strange patterns, jutting out slightly from the base.

You speak to the doctor, and he puts his hand to his head, staring at you as he waits for you to finish your sentence. Seeing you not do so, he scratches his for a second before answering. "Medical attention?  Evaluation? Agimat? Yes, you must mean the Agimat. Why else would you be looking at it? I was never good at reading people..." he continues, still scratching his head. "Part of the anting-anting magic system, made from meteor iron. We have had a lot more meteor iron since the Freaks showed up, so it was no problem getting any. Oh, one more thing. I have never had a good memory. You will have to come Good Friday to recharge it. Now I must go, lot more patients!" He continued, as he exited the door, pulling out a clipboard. Suddenly, the door bursts open again as he returns. "Ah, one more thing." He stated, his hand returning to the side of his head, "Your equipment is back in your squad's room, feel free to get it when you have time. And you should probably stop smoking, I can't seem to find a cure for the damage it does to the lungs." he states quickly, before exiting once again.

Helena and Tommy had bust through the door at the earliest convenience, eager to do something. How long had they been sitting there? In any case, you find yourself in the room, alone, wearing a medical robe.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 31, 2013, 11:20:46 pm »

[Ah, thought they were still in the room since they came back with Oto, but wasn't mentioned their leaving.

Now for something funny: Getting back to base to recover his clothes without embarrassing himself horribly due to medical robe.]

Good Friday? Alec ponders how close said day was... Although he supposed it would be nice to know what day today is actually. Two weeks? Two weeks he's been out? He can't say he's much happy about that. He instinctively patted the side of his thigh for a pack, him usually keeping them in a pocket, before remembering he wasn't wearing his usual clothes. ...Screw what the doctor said, he needed a smoke. Bad. Anything to help him think right now really, or just to help calm his nerves.

Alec sighed, still feeling very groggy due to the meds. Alright, time to see if he could stand. Alec attempts to get on his feet, and if successful takes a few steps trying to judge how well he can walk. If not so well, he'll lean against a wall and keep trying until he can walk steadily, or at least semi-steadily. If successful, he'll make his way to the door and peer out of it.

...Right, another thing he forgot. Where the hell is he in this monster of a base? He felt very conscious of his lack of clothes beyond the robe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 02, 2013, 02:30:40 pm »

[Ah, thought they were still in the room since they came back with Oto, but wasn't mentioned their leaving.

Yeah, I was in a hurry to finish the post. I had somewhere to go, and thought I had like twenty minutes left, but we ended up going to dinner, leaving early. So I had to hurry. It shows.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You get up and take a few steps, finding yourself slightly tipsy but nothing debilitating. You make it to the door drunkenly, opening the heavy door and looking outside. You peek through the slit, seeing the strange hallway. Much like the room you where in, it was pure white, with strange graffiti covering every visible surface of it. It looked sanitarium run by the inmates. The hallway was rather small, enough for maybe two men to walk side by side each other. There where several people walking down the hallway, a nun carrying a jug of water, a group of people wearing different kinds of robes walking in line with each other, a normal looking janitor coming toward your room, and several other strange people walked by. A cold breeze blew in the room as you opened the door, freezing you in your incredibly thin robe.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 02, 2013, 04:17:47 pm »

Why did no one think to leave him some of this clothes in his room? Did they not expect him to try to be up and about the moment he was up? Alec supposes so. More symbols too, symbols everywhere, Alec made a mental note to inspect those further once he gets the chance. At least no one is about to--And a janitor is heading his way. Dammit.

Alec pondered what to do, maybe ask the janitor for help to find some clothes? Anything really, as long as it isn't this damn medical robe. The janitor may interfere in his mission to get back to base and get his fix though, or the janitor may give him directions. Alec doesn't look forward to the thought of possibly walking through the whole base to get to his squad room in his current clothing however. Speaking of clothes, he becomes acutely aware of how cold it is.

Alec tried to think of what to do again. He can't sneak out, the janitor would see him, and hiding won't do him any good either as that would raise a fuss he's sure. He guess his best option is to hang back and ask the janitor once he gets here... Alec waited a few steps away from the door, by a chair or some place he could sit, waiting for the janitor. When the man enters, he'll greet him.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 02, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »

You sit back in a chair, the one Tommy was sitting in. The chair was cold as well, probably a side effect of building the Archangel facility in the coldest place they could find. The janitor opens the door, dragging his cart. You greet him and he trips in surprise, almost spilling his cart as he gazes at you. "Scared me there. Shouldn't you have left?" he asks, leaving his cart next to the door as he comes to stand in front of you. "What do you need buddy?" he continues to ask, ignoring the fact that you are in a medical robe.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 03, 2013, 04:57:30 pm »

Why must it be so cold? Why did they have to choose such a place to build such a giant base? Urgh. Alec shook the thoughts off and instead wondered at the janitor's statement. Unless he lost track of time the doctor only left a few minutes ago? He mentally shrugged, just someone mistiming things he figures, nothing too out of the ordinary. "Sorry." Alec first started, apologizing for giving the poor man a start, before continuing as to what he needs. "Clothes..." Why they'd give someone so few clothes when at so cold of a place is a mystery to Alec. "...Directions too would help. Squad rooms?" He should be able to find it from there. Although Alec wishes this place had a portable map he could have, he can't help but wonder how easier that would make navigating around.

[Sorry for getting this in so late.]

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 03, 2013, 06:00:54 pm »

Its fine. Not like I could have written much, I spent the rest of the day working on some final projects before school gets out for the summer. Now I have to go back and repair everything that was broken and finish everything, good thing I have breaks...

Besides, it isn't like you are in a big fight or anything. You only seem to have problems when you are buying dinner or walking around in a robe.

-----------------------

"Cloths? Sorry buddy, but I don't just carry around cloths. People look at me funny if I did. I got directions to the squad rooms, though." He says, pulling out a folded piece of paper. He hands it to you. You open it to find a ruff outline of a hallway, with a red arrow pointing down it, winding around several times around like a maze on a restaurant kid's mat. Every once and a while a crude drawing of some landmark, a door here a tank there, showed were to turn. At the end the red arrow pointed to your room, with a crude picture of the figure eight snake eating itself.

"Anything else you need buddy?"

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 03, 2013, 07:05:03 pm »

Alec wanted to question why the janitor, who thought he was gone, just so happened to have a map that leads directly to his squad's room. His mind immediately jumped to spiders and illusions, which caused him to look at the man oddly, before stopping, sighing, rubbing his head a bit and thanking the man for the map. "Thank you." He's sure the explanation is probably something that would just confuse him that has Helena or Tommy as the root. Besides, its the Archangel base, if there's one place he should be safe, it should be here, right? Just old jitters making his already muddled mind confused.

"You know where I can get clothes?" Alec figured he should ask, although he has a feeling the answer is no, or his own squad room.

[I can't help but feel this guy's weird. Either its a trap, or its Helena/Tommy thinking of Alec and giving him directions. Although why they couldn't just leave it in his room I'll never know. Nor why they didn't leave him clothes. ...This is some sort of impromptu squad hazing ritual, isn't it? Probably as payback for making them wait out for two weeks.]
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43