- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28203 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #465 on: May 24, 2013, 10:45:51 pm »

Alec has no words on the things he's seeing Helena do, but honestly didn't have time to contemplate such. If they didn't have the spider's attention when Tommy shouted, they sure as hell do now. And they need that gun... Alec mentally sighed, knowing he'll have to trawl the wellspring of bad ideas that's within him. Most of his thoughts were of trying to squash the over sized spider himself, hammer and gun in hand, and while tempting he knew that wouldn't help the squad. He knew what he had to do.

Alec steeled himself mentally, and physically for what he's about to do next. Taking a deep breathe, he released his grip on the wall and dropped himself down to the ground as well as he could. A mental checklist was in his head, of what he had to do. Get ground side, distract the Freak, get the gun back to Tommy, don't die. If it wasn't for the salve, he'd be shaky on the last part, but its death seemed less a possibility, more an inevitability. It will die, that thought was singular and unopposed in his head, either by his hand or his squad's.

[Gotta wonder, how predictable / unpredictable are Alec's actions? Also, as a random comment, I really wouldn't be surprised if this salve has some not-so-nice after effects.]

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 25, 2013, 12:19:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some of Alec's actions are predictable. Some of Alec's actions are unpredictable. Predictable enough to write an overlying storyline without railroading or forcing actions, unpredictable enough to still be interested in what happens. Sometimes what you do is obvious, other times not so much. The one thing that surprised me most is how you handled the salve, I didn't think youd use it. In things like this, when Tommy drops his gun, Alec usually seems to go for the most obvious thing. I had assumed Alec would have gone for the gun, but he could have done something less obvious, like distracting the spider so Tommy could reach his gun, or by retreating a bit to find spider parts and webbing in order to make a kind of device to grab the gun from far, or grabbing rocks to throw like you had done earlier. Its fun to see how you guys react to the stuff I throw at you, that's why I stopped giving out suggestions. As for the effects, you will just have to wait and see. Can't tell you anything OOC, might spoil it. Besides, I have always had problems with "show, not tell". Telling you would just further ruin my already messed up writing!

Ah, the end of the school year is coming. You can tell that I am working less, and writing a lot more. Probably going to get shorter again when summer comes, so don't worry...
------------------

You release your grip, falling to the ground. You remember some of the advice on falling they had given you before the mission in France, bending your legs slightly and getting in position to lesson the fall. You drop to the ground quickly, your arm stinging from the biting rock, as you hit the ground solidly, sending up some dust, as you stand still for moments as your mind catches up to you. You must have made some strange vibrations, as the spider's enormous head gazed at you, with the eyes that where as big as you where. Its enormous body moves to attack you, as you begin your rush for the gun. It seems your lucky, the spider is on its back, and has to move its arms awkwardly in order to hit you, the joints of the spider bending completely backwards each hit, slowing it down enough for you to doge the incoming attacks. One of the backwards claws comes toward you, as you run at the gun on all fours, you manage to doge to the right easily, then left, then right again as two more come toward you. Apparently deciding that you where the biggest threat currently, the spider turned all of its legs to the catorcanist like position, pulling itself off the ground with the backwards legs, flipping its entire monstrous body, sending some of the latent dust flying into the air.

Now in a fair position to attack you, the spider bashes you relentlessly. The attacks come one after another, turning the cement around you to rubble as you manage to doge the attacks, making it to the gun on time! You pick it up, it is even heavier then your gun with the attachment, but you manage to lift it as easy as if it was a handgun. The spider brings down its amazing head, as you jump backwards, hitting the wall hard, but your armor seems to absorb much of the impact. The spider's head gets stuck in the ground, the poison causing the stone around the impact of its fangs to sizzle as it pulls its head out once again. It then jams it's titanic head toward you, the amazing eyes gazing at you full of hatred. They land a good distance away from you, cracking into the concrete, the two fangs that are the size of a truck each. They ooze green poison that drips off in fist-sized goblets as they begin crushing together, breaking apart the concrete slowly around you, trapping you like a fly in a web.

Seeing it as your only option, you throw the gun up, using your super strength you throw the gun over the titanic spider, hoping somehow Tommy would get it...It spins above the spider, stooping in mid air for a second...to be caught by David and Oto! They had released some slack on their own webbing, now halfway between the floor and ceiling, as they catch the heavy gun together. As the spider still fixes on you, the crushed concrete getting closer and closer, now entrapping you enough that you have to move your body sideways, Oto and David give three swift swings, moving the cable like a swing set, as they throw it together. Helena jumps up, catching it in one hand, as she swiftly hands it to Tommy, now on solid ground. Helena quickly helps Tommy to higher ground, standing on Helena's shoulders as easily as firm earth, wielding the gun as he quickly takes aim.

There is a "Pdfff* sound as several missiles leave the strange apparatus, leaving white smoke behind. Several missiles go off to the left and right, with several more going up and down, forming the image of a cross. You can see a little of this whole spectacle over the monster's building size head, the smoke white cross with Tommy, standing on Helena, in the middle, David and Oto levitating above. More missiles exit, several coming out each after the other, standing seconds in the air in that cross shape. Suddenly, the bomblets explode, sending hundreds of bright explosives toward the spider, as if each as if each missile was a god's shotgun. The missiles make a firework's display, flying in every direction, creating a briar patch of smoke as they make contact with the titan of a spider. Every hit sends a tower of dust and green mist, vaporizing half the spider within seconds. The large eyes of the spider glaze over as its fangs, inches from crushing your body, stop in their tracts.

Above you, Tommy gives a "thumbs up signal, still wielding his heavy gun. Helena jumps for joy, almost sending Tommy falling as they struggle for balance when landing. Above, Oto and David give each other a high five, as they continued to descend to land. They then put down another cable, the entire squad going to greet and congratulate you, using the cable like a walk-climbing wall rope. Helena and Tommy come to you first, offering you a hand, helping you up the giant fang, which seems to be flat enough for you all to walk on without trouble. David comes with his hand raised and his gun up, waving to you while smiling. Behind him, Oto was kneeling on the face of the fallen giant, wiping his finger against it then bringing it up to his face, examining it.

Oto then walks up to the rest of his squad, his face filled with anger and his steps deliberate. Your eyes choose now to fail you, as the world starts to darken and blur over, as if you had tears in your eye. Your strength starts to retreat from you, your healing dulled. "I have discovered the cause of the empowered spider" he stated, his voice becoming louder with each word, saying them as if he was holding back himself. "It appears that the spider has covered itself in what I deduce is the same salve used in werewolf transformations, or an expert recreation of it..." he stated as he came even closer to you. He wiped two fingers on your arm, on an area of your uniform opened by some of your injuries, getting some of the salve on his fingers. The voice in your head begins laughing again, once again turning somehow more insane. "And I have deduced where it has come from..."

Suddenly, Otonashi grabbed the collar of your uniform, picking you up and spinning you down, causing you to look up his face from a half-lying down position. It was easy, your muscles seem to have retreated fully, starting to fill your body with pain as you go limp. "What the HELL where you thinking, you damned IDIOT!" Otonashi yelled, echoing through the tunnels "You idiot! You idiot! You idiot!" he continues, shaking you by your uniform to punctuate each "you idiot". Your senses continue to fade, the world around you looking like something you see on TV, as if you where fading out..."Oto! I think he is hurt! Let go..." You hear Helena say, as she looks at your injuries. You fade out, the sound of laughter being the only thing you can hear...

Suddenly, you find yourself in what appears to be another world. Darkness is everywhere....are you dead? You attempt to look around, finding nothing. You can see your own body, the wounds gone. After a few moments, you start to hear something. Music, relaxing music, and footsteps. You see something ahead of you, a light. It gets closer, as the footsteps and music grow louder. Suddenly, it is directly in front of you. It is a human, a young man, he looks somehow familiar...as if you had seen him before, maybe in a picture in a book somewhere. The light shined behind him, illuminating his pure white robes. He greeted you with a laugh, the same laugh you had become familiar with, but now it seems to have all the insanity ripped out of it, becoming as pure as a church bell. He held his stomach while laughing, as if he had heard the world's funniest joke and had not wanted to share it.

"Hello my son." he states, his voice filled with solace and happiness, in spite of yourself you feel a little happiness as well. "It is great that we can finally meet each other, face to face like this!"

What do you do now?

-------------

There! Now YOU have gotten your way-to long post to, and everything is fair. Now I have been writing way to long and should probably go to bed.

Tomorrow, I am thinking about getting into chapter 2, seems like a good place for it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 25, 2013, 12:20:59 am »

Patricia looks around. Seeing nothing but white-washed walls, and feeling her arm still in pain, she falls back asleep. A few times, she's woken slightly be voices, but it's a while before she's fully coherent again; such a fight takes a lot out of you. When she next truly awoke, she saw a friendly face watching worriedly.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 25, 2013, 02:10:59 am »

...Last Alec remembered was everything fading quickly, Oto shouting at him for being stupid, and everything shaking a bit, and lots of pain. Now he's in a void, nothing fading but just... Dull, everything. He contemplated on if he was dead, it seemed feasible to him. Poisoned, stabbed, who knows what else while unconscious, almost crushed. His body seems alright though, no mark nor mar. Alec doubts that he's dead for some reason though. Maybe? He's not really sure, everything is... Well, fuzzy he supposed would be a word for it. He feels almost like he's out-of-tune with what's going on. When Alec was about to say something to see if there was sound in this void, he heard a noise.

...Music? Music here? Now he's more confused than he was before, something he wasn't sure possible. Footsteps too, he noted. Something off in the distance. Alec put his hand up over his eyes as if shading them from some unseen sun while he squinted to get a good look, when just as suddenly the source was right in front of him, him taking an involuntary step back in surprise. That laugh, he remembered that laugh, gone was the insanity, it sounded... Soothing now, like bells from a church in his childhood. The man seemed to find something funny, very funny indeed.

With the words spoken, Alec stared at the man for a bit, almost as if he didn't believe what was going on around him. Is this the same guy as before, in his head? The so-called 'false prophet'? He's not so sure if the name is apt anymore, with everything that has happened. Who is he, what's going on, where are they, is he involved with the salve? The bible? Questions streamed into his head, although through it all he felt at peace for some reason. "...Hello?" He didn't really know what else he should say, still stunned at everything.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:17:52 am by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 25, 2013, 02:31:22 pm »

Apparently, I am even more predictable then Alec.

--------------------------------

You wake up, feeling significantly better then when you had fallen asleep. You look around your surroundings. There was an IV, several of them. You recognize one filled with blood, one with drugs...one appeared to be filled with water, and another with some substance you do not recognize. You check over your wounds under your hospital like robe, finding most injuries repaired without so much as a scar. To your left, there was a medical curtain.

To your right, there was a young woman, dressed like a nun, similar to the one who had picked you up. Behind her was the rest of your squad, save Colt, waiting around. "Miss Garfien, you have some visitors..." she said with a slight smile, as the squad begins to surround your bed. "Good to see your ok!" the twins say, greeting you with a smile. "Ah Patricia, I have requested to get some of your equipment replaced they are delivering the medical pack right now. The rest the equipment can be found in the armory, including your replacement uniform..." Goldman stated, as he brings up a brown bag. "Oh, and this can be replaced now. The medics tell us you an get up whenever, and that it is now safe to drink..." Goldman continues, handing it to you. It contains two new flasks of whiskey, like the ones you had recently lost. "Try to not do that again..." Charlie stated, "you might not make it back next time."

What do you do now?

---------------

[Yeah, that's what I figured. He's not one to come up with innovative ideas all the time, but he does on the occasion. Originally I had the idea to have him try to slide down the wall while firing at the spider to draw its attention, then grab the gun and toss it up, or respond in a different way after depending on what happened.

Funny enough, I actually considered the salve a predictable thing. I've hinted at it before but Alec really did build up most of his actions and life on the idea that he can help people by being strong instead of hurt people. The fact that he thought he just killed a friend, after already fearing that he was dead and that he was getting vengeance, was mind shattering to him as if he himself proved such a task was impossible and that strength would only bring destruction, not construction.

That isn't all I meant by how Alec used the salve. I am surprised he took the salve at all. I am surprised he didn't tell anybody. And I am surprised he actually used it.

---------------------

The man laughs in response to your greeting. "You have done well my son. Many tests have come before you already, and you preformed admirably." he continued, as he came closer to you. "Come, let us go on a little walk, my son." he stated, moving his hands in the "follow me" gesture. As he turns around, the blackness fades. Instead, you find yourself in a picturesque valley, filled with flowers. The sky is blue above you, with several clouds. The bright light around the man has faded, a small halo surrounding him as if he was glowing is the only noticeable aspect. In fact, the entire valley seemed to glow with a soft light, though there was no sign of the sun in the sky. The man  begins to walk, a small wind blowing the yellow flowers around, apparently not damaging any of them. You are compelled to follow, walking behind the man, as he continues unhurried.

The field changes as you walk, the warm wind gently blowing against you. The field changes slightly, the yellow flowers transforming into red, orange, pink, black, shifting and changing, wonderful and bizarre patterns forming and vanishing as you walk. The man kneels down, causing you to stop behind him. He puts his hand around a lotus flower, gently picking it, as he brings it up to his face. The flower was pure white, having the same glow as the rest of the valley, made it look somehow ghostly.

"I suppose you have many questions, my son." the man continued, observing the flower still. "I have several of my own. It is only fair for me to answer your own questions first..."

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 25, 2013, 07:10:52 pm »

[Ah, that. Alec is a man of faults. He was jealous of the werewolves' strength, their power. In his mind, he saw himself using it for good, not evil, to help, not harm. He hid it out of shame, knowing that he had done wrong but rationalized that he could use it for good. He used it in desperation.]

Alec watched the scene unfold around him, everything change, the fields, the man. He wasn't sure what to think of it all, and his thoughts went back to pondering on his possible death. Were his wounds that bad, the poison that potent? Had the spider actually crushed him and the rest he dreamed? A side effect from the salve?

Watching the man mess around with the lotus flower, and his questions, he spoke up. "Where are we? Who are you? ...Am I dead?" Not the most inspired of questions, but they were the most present in his mind.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 25, 2013, 07:56:51 pm »

The man turns to you, casually examining the flower as he speaks. "You are in a hospital, preparing to be transported to that hateful organization's medical bay. Your in a kind of coma, the trauma brought upon you by the various sources was stopped by the Salve of Sampson, once its effects had warn off you had collapsed. I am praying to the LORD, far away in my private church. Together, we are in your mind. Your head, your soul, your consciousness..." he states, slowly and reassuringly, as he puts the lotus flower on his shirt. I am Ezekiel, a messenger from GOD. I had thought you where dead, and you where nearly so, however something had pulled your soul from the abyss. It appears one of your allies has some healing power, and has saved your life. You are not dead, not for the time being. Is there anything else you wish to learn, my son?" he continues to ask, holding his hands as if he was about to hug you and smiling.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 25, 2013, 08:36:10 pm »

Hateful organization? Hospital... healing powers? Alec took in all of the answers, more questions swirling around in his head. He looked Ezekiel over closer than before, pondering what to ask next. There were a lot of things to choose from, but he after a moment he had an idea. Alec tried to think of a polite way to phrase his question, seeing as the man was polite to him, but failing to find one just states it. "You are... Involved with the wright and werewolves? ...Why help me?" If the man hated the organization, why would he help one of them then? More questions, and he was a bit curious as to what the man would ask him.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 25, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »

"Those where some of your tests, my son." he began, his voice even calmer then before. "And forgive me, but I feel it would be best to answer the question more in depth, starting my own questioning." he stated, as he twirled his hand. Smoke came off of it, as if he was a magician, and when he showed you his hand again it contained a pack of golden cigarets. "Would you like to smoke?" he offered, putting his hand out for you to grab. The music picks up again, a soft song filled with foreign words. Latin? He then begins walking again, as you follow him by compulsion. "The world is changing, my son." he said, moving his hand to illustrate a point. The grass and flowers of the field rose up, becoming pine trees, with forest animals running about. Squirrels, deer, and a small lake filled with fish. He walks up to a deer, a large buck, as he starts speaking. "And for the better." he states, as he begins to pet the deer as if it was a dog. "I have reason to believe the rapture is coming. All these things, these myths, these beliefs are coming to life, and their must be some cause to it. They are a gift from the LORD. They are a sign that he is coming to Earth once again. The righteous shalt ascend into heaven after a great battle. I was once like you, working for that...wretch of an organization. I thought I was doing the work of GOD, but I had been deceived. Now that I have seen the light, it is my holy duty to show it to others as well. To take the hand of the deceived and turn them over to the LORD, before the sheep and the goats are separated...."

He turned around, once again making the "I am about to hug you" motion, as the deer behind him runs off into the forest. He gives an ecstatic laugh before speaking again. "I am sorry my son, I have just been waiting to see you for so long... Doing the work of GOD, knowing that I will be able to meet him in the flesh, to fight by his side, it simply makes me ecstatic!" he continues, going into another fit of laughter, hugging his own sides as he gave a bright smile, his pearly teeth apparently glowing as well, with their own light. "Now if I may get to the rest of my questions..." he continues, getting control of himself, his face looking like he is about to beak out laughing again."

"Do you know why you are fighting, my son? Do you know what you are fighting for? Who you are fighting for?" he asked, once again putting his hands out in the hugging motion.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 25, 2013, 10:08:07 pm »

Alec listened to the man, taking the pack of golden cigarets from his outstretched hand and looked at the curiously. This is all in his mind? His soul? He held onto this thought as he watched the man, Ezekiel move about and speak, changing various things in the landscape. He wonders if he could do similar.

Alec isn't really sure what to think of the man. He admitted to aiding the werewolves, the wright... Tests? tests for what? The strange man certainly seemed jolly, happy and calm. A sharp contrast to what he heard with the salve...

"...For the people. I fight to help who I can."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 25, 2013, 11:06:48 pm »

"Help? You think you are helping them?" Ezekiel states, his voice again filled with pity. "What makes you think you are helping people? Those men, the ones who had taken the hair and salve of Sampson, who lay dead for your actions, where they helped? The Archangels are deceiving you. It is a trap for humanity, one that I am sorry to say far to many people fell for. Do you even know who, or more accurately, what runs that organization? Have you seen the face of those who give you orders?" He continues, looking toward you sorrowfully.

The forest around you begins to fade, the blackness engulfing you once again. Ezekiel examines the lotus on his shirt sorrowfully as it dissipates, the cigaret in your mouth vanishing in a puff of smoke. Funny, it felt just like the real thing, without any of the negative side effects. "Well my son, I enjoyed our conversation immensely. I am sorry I was unable to speak with you more, if there is anything else you wish to say, please do so swiftly."

-----------------------

And that looks like a good time for both characters for me to start Operation Archangel: Part 2. I am either going to call it "A demon is just a fallen angel", "An angel is just a demon waiting to fall", or "Cruel angel's thesis", depending on how it goes. What is the difference from part 1, you ask? Well the plot is starting to get moving faster, out of the more introduction oriented version of the first part. I am also planning to send you on some longer- "campaign" oriented missions, missions that contain more of the overarching part and take in-game days rather then hours, as apposed to the more "dungeon" oriented ones I have now. I am still going to stick with "dungeon" until I can get a good plan for "campaign" though...

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 25, 2013, 11:23:58 pm »

Alec reflected on the man's words, what he said. Archangels deceiving? They help people though, don't they? The hostages, the people attacked by the Freaks, the effort and lives put down on the line... What would it all be for if it wasn't to help people? He thought of what he's seen so far in the Archangels, what's been going on... Seems like they were helping people. The werewolves were attacking people, the undead harmful, the spiders with the hostages... His mind is drawn back to the wright, how during its last moments it looked... Happy.

"Then who? Who runs Archangel?" Alec asks Ezekiel, not sure what to make of any of this.

[Sounds neat, can't wait to see what you have cooked up.]

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 26, 2013, 11:54:27 pm »

PART II
A Cruel Angel's Thesis
An Angel is Just a Demon Waiting To Fall
Or An Demon is Just a Fallen Angel.

The candle of humanity continues to shine, growing more brightly with each passing hour. The candle throws a flickering light, sending images dancing around the room. But with light comes shadow, specters dancing across the the walls. What threats are true, what shadows are harmless, what specters still hide in the darkness beyond, all mysteries that may soon be uncovered. Will that little candle of humanity glow into a bright inferno, casting out all shadow once and for all? Or is it merely flickering before going out?

Even in the short time since you have joined Archangel, the strange occurrences are only becoming more frequent, more powerful, and stranger. Though through the combined efforts of Archangel and the military and police forces of the world, there was not yet a major catastrophe, but hundreds still die every day to the effects of the Freaks. Perhaps the most interesting occurrence, and the one to be thought about the most, was the discovery of a "bubble outside reality". While the Freaks before had been combated on the Earth, there has been a discovery of a lone house. This house, while harmless and empty, was discovered to not be on Earth. Communications and troops could be sent in and out, however the GPS and compasses where thrown off upon entering. It is theorized that these may grow, offering a vast new battle field for the fine soldiers of Archangel to combat...

-----------------------------------------------------

There! The intro for part two, done, just as I promised.

---------------------------------------

"I could tell you that, my son. But that would mean endangering your life needlessly, perhaps you will discover one day." Ezekiel continues, just as serene but now rushed rather then deliberate and thoughtful. "Eternally, GOD bless" he finished, as he fades away.

Suddenly, you find yourself awakened, your vision blurry as you blink several times. You feel groggy, as if painkillers had been implanted on your body. You look around. You where wearing a breezy robe, kind of like the ones normally warn by people in hospitals. Though it was rather different, it was a pure white, with dozens of runes on it in black. Pentagrams, eyes, snakes on a pole, and dozen other symbols, a bizarre graffiti on your pure white robe, covering it almost completely. You go to move, finding that your wrists and ankles are tied to the hard bed behind you, by something cold. Looking above you, there are dozens of triangles, all made of yarn, with mulch-colored rings making what looks like a tree's rings, all put on a sort of cage like structure, surrounding the bed you are in.

A new voice comes to your ears, registering in your head through the drugs. It was a man's voice, a little high pitched but still masculine. It was the voice of someone who is normally patient, but with a sense of urgency, stating everything quickly but clearly. "The god's eyes detect a little corruption" he stated, to someone who you do not see. "In the back of his mind. It is a powerful and dark magic, we can not operate without the risk of permanent mental damage if it struggles." Otonashi's voice piped up, once again under control "Then he must stay under custody permanently?" he stated, more with a sense of annoyance rather then worry. "Unnecessary." the unknown voice speaks up again, "I will give him an Agimat pendant, so long as he wears it the hex will be unable to effect him. Do not let him remove it."

Suddenly, the God's eyes begin to rise as a mechanical sound, much like a garage door opening, filled the room. You are able to look around more, finding yourself in a strange hospital room. The walls where pitch white, much like your robe, filled with runes and charms and symbols, crosses, and general pictures. You now can see an IV stuck into your arm, or several to be more precise, each filled with a different color liquid, one blood red, one clear, and one clear but glowing. On the other side of the room, your squad was waiting. Tommy and Helena where sitting on simple chairs, Tommy waving his feet back and forth and Helena puffing her cheeks and laying back, David leaning against the wall with his eyes closed, and Otonashi standing with his arms behind his back. Otonashi was facing the new man, talking to him. The new man was tall and wide, though not unnaturally so. However he was strangely dressed, he was wearing a large lab coat that covered the majority of his body, including half of his face. Pure white gloves could be seen from inside his overly long sleeves, his feet where hidden under the robe like lab coat. His eyes where hidden behind over sized sunglasses, with the only part of his body visible being his dark brown hair. He held up an amulet, a small triangle with dog tag- like chain coming from it.

"It looks like your friend has awakened." The doctor stated as he walked up to you, putting it over your head. "I apologize for the security, but it was necessary to protect the base in the case you had something worse on you." he continued, as he walked back toward your group. "That was a very stupid thing to do, Private Rowe." Otonashi stated harshly, though he still kept his professional tone. "You had created a powerful enemy, almost gotten yourself killed, and you let that damned wizard into your head!" Otonashi stated, his face and voice getting steadily louder and harsher as he continued his sentence, slamming his fist against the wall as he has bleated "damned".  "Oto Soto" The doctor stated calmly, unchanging from before. "Would that be Oto Oto, then?" he mused, putting his hand to his head, thinking, "Otonashi Oto? Ah, Oto I always had trouble with Japanese names. I must speak with you in my room." he stated, as he walked to a door in the side of the strange room. "You as well, Helena Troy and Tommy Gump, you participated in his initial healing and observed his behavior respectively, I need you to aid me in my final evaluation before we can allow him to leave with you." he continued, holding his hand to the door as Helena and Tommy happily got up and followed him, Tommy making airplane arms as his guns flopped against his back. They all leave the room, leaving you alone with David.

"Boy, you pissed Oto off." David stated, still leaning against the wall. "You should probably know..." David continues, more hesitantly now. "Oto has a little....history with the wizard we have been fighting." he continued, hesitating at each word. "He has gone as far as request anything relating to him goes to our squad, why do you think we have had so many missions involving him? David continued, less hesitantly. "I would tell you more, but it is kind of a private thing..."

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2013, 12:27:33 am »

[Gotta wonder how things might of gone different with the salve, but I think this is probably the best path with it, makes things overall more interesting.]

Alec's face as solemn as he overheard the conversation, and didn't change throughout the event. He listened to David speak as he moved his non-IV'ed arm against the restraint softly, forgetting about them until then, instead simply watching the cords in him before turning his attention back to David. He rather thoroughly knows he fucked up. Seems Tommy and Helena are taking things well, Oto not so much, and he has a feeling David not as well either. Tommy and Helena healed him? First Ezekiel said so, the man in his mind, the... Wizard? Then the doctor as well. Alec still wonders who exactly they were and how they did the things they did.

Alec shook his head when David finished, if it was private Oto should be the one to tell him then, if he ever would. "Guess I screwed up." He took a kind of grim humor to it, a grim smile that soon receded back to a solemn, passive face, still bleary with the drugs. His voice probably didn't sound very steady either. He briefly wondered what they put him on. After a moment of silence, he spoke again. "Everyone else okay? Hostages?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 29, 2013, 05:18:05 pm »

"We got all the hostages out alright" David said, almost casually, "They received a much smaller bite and a much smaller dosage of the poison, about the size of a normal spider bite. There was one that the doctors where afraid might not make it, mostly because it was a frail old man, but he managed to get out of the hospital three days ago..."

-------------

And just like that, I am back to short paragraphs.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43