- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28209 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #420 on: May 13, 2013, 10:19:44 pm »

[Hah, so it was all an illusion. Suppose I have the voice to thank for waking Alec up, but that's still rather strange. Why save him? Really though, it was also asking him to strike at his friends, but that was also a part of the illusion... I'm still leery to really listen to the voice, but damn if it isn't seeming like it was just trying to help him all this time. I'm quite surprised none of that has lowered my health any.]

Once all of that has been taken into Alec's head, quite a few things buzzed through it at once. The first, was that perhaps he should indeed listen to the voice in his head more often than was previously believed, which was coated with confusion as he had assumed the voice was probably something he shouldn't listen to. The second, was that he should probably do something before he dies of either suffocation, poison, or having two fangs stabbing into him and holding him up like they were meat hooks, this thought was followed with pain and anxiety. The third, was a simple FUCKING SPIDERS being shouted in his head, and this thought burned brightly with anger. It all combined into a very simple command. DO SOMETHING!

Alec's mind raced as he thought about the actions he could do, adrenaline sure does pep up the mind. His hammer and Shrike are too big to move around, and he cursed not having a smaller one on him, but now wasn't the time. He had to be careful with this, or whatever has him can just crush him he'd imagine, so first things first he needs to get out of this coffin of silk and away from those terrible fangs. There wasn't anything he can do about the poison besides hope that it doesn't kill him too quickly. Seeing what he could move at the time, he attempts to stay calm, or rather exploding with anger but in a non-panicking sort of way. Moving his elbows that he can, he tries to stab them at the silk prison while taking hold of the fangs in his sides, trying to forcibly yank them out of himself and free himself of their grasp.

He'll... Work on the rest of this plan as he goes, he decided. And makes a mental note to smash the living hell out of this spider until its past recognition.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 15, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Gawd damnit Patricia, the hell did yall have to set the room on fir for!" Colt says, his accent becoming more pronounced. "Damit,damit,damit,damit" he begins to chant as he turns his finger into a gun once more, walking toward the shogoth with the twins behind him. You guess that even if he is a Freak, he doesn't have much experience against things of this caliber. He walks through the door way with the twins at either side, just as you had, though this time the twins stop to avoid the fire. The twins begin opening fire, as Colt rushed through the flames, one hand in front of his face. You can see a little through the flames,  Colt had his feet stuck in the shogoth, much like you had. The twins fire in front of him, squirting out the black substance and helping Colt move forward. Another step, and the Shogoth came over him like a wave, engulfing him completely. His form is then lost to you, stuck beneath the ocean of bloodshot eyes and tar. The twins start firing desperately, the guns changing from short bursts to full auto. Not that they could miss the massive shogoth. A few moments go by, the shogoth retreating its horrid mass back little, mostly settling on standing in one place.

Suddenly a hand shoots out of the side, displacing an eyeball into the nearby fire. It is Colt's hand, finger gun still up, holding the blue cube detonator. The barrel of the gun pushes the side of the detonator, and thunder like sound goes through the bunker. The whole bunker shakes, some dust falling off of the roof for a second, with some of the loose items on the hotel like room fall to the floor. Well the summoning circle problem is solved, at least. The cube glows blue and falls away like ash, as Colt's hand falls back into the shogoth....

What do you do now?

----------------

[Hah, so it was all an illusion. Suppose I have the voice to thank for waking Alec up, but that's still rather strange. Why save him? Really though, it was also asking him to strike at his friends, but that was also a part of the illusion... I'm still leery to really listen to the voice, but damn if it isn't seeming like it was just trying to help him all this time. I'm quite surprised none of that has lowered my health any.]

Yeah, I couldn't think of how to handle your stat sheet for the increased strength. I had originally changed both your and strength to XX, negating the problem, but I guess I didn't save that version. At the moment your currently on a kind of "health credit", the salve keeps you from having anything under complete destruction effecting your health, but when you lose the salve power your going to feel it. Badly.

---------------------

You stab at the steel like silk with your elbows, feeling as if they where someone else's elbows. You manage to get a little room to move around, stretching it out a bit like a balloon where you hit. However the effort removed air from your lungs, seemed to speed up the poison to your head making your dizzy, and alerted the spider, which moves its fangs in tighter sending drops of blood falling from your sides. You then quickly grab at the fangs. They feel like a wet sort of bone, making your hands slippery and not helping your grip. You use all your effort, even under the super strength the fangs resist for several moments before giving away. You fall to the ground, crashing into the floor swiftly. The silk goes over your face like a plastic bag, temporarily robbing you of the air that was just robbed from your lungs.

You swiftly pull of your silk coffin, now more of a silk blanket. Apparently it is hard when stretched taught, something had apparently made it a lot weaker. Above you, a giant spider throws down a punch, which you manage to step away from in the nick of time, the harry spear crashing into the silk in front of you, sending cement flying up. You hardly notice, but around you are several pods much like the one you had been trapped in, stuck on the walls in pods.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 15, 2013, 07:32:11 pm »

Time to save him. CHAAAARGE!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 15, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »

[...I kind of still have my reservations that this might be another illusion. For all I know, Alec might be being restrained right now by his teammates, trying to get the salve off of him that has raddled his mind and is making him act crazy while he slept. But for now, I think this is actually real. I'm guessing jumping into the circle wound up putting him as the focal point to whatever mojo was going on there, strong enough to overpower the salve, for that moment at least. Things probably went down hill from there for Tommy, as the rest of the team as well I have a feeling.

As for the health, well best take advantage of it while he's still standing then. I have a feeling he'll be passing out/almost dead once that salve conks out.]

Moving as quickly as he can, Alec snags the sledge off his back and takes a swing at the leg in front of him, the one that smashed the concrete if it was still there. He couldn't use his gun, there was a chance of hitting another pod, which probably held someone. Although such idea was also backed by the intense anger he was currently going-with-the-flow with, and it told him that the gun would just make its death too swift. Using his sledge, he'll go about wrecking this spider up as horribly as he could, aiming to block or dodge any incoming legs coming his way, as well as any coming towards any of the pods. He'll try his best to keep the fighting away from said pods. Time to make up on that mental note.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 15, 2013, 10:13:28 pm »

You take out your hatchet, rushing forward with it raised above your head. However Artemis puts out her arm to stop you, almost cloths lining you. "Patricia! Getting yourself killed won't help him any. The fire is getting worse..." Artemis starts "Unless we go in with a plan" Apollo finishes. "Do you have any idia of how to get to him without getting ourselves killed?" They both ask together, reloading their guns.

--------

[...I kind of still have my reservations that this might be another illusion. For all I know, Alec might be being restrained right now by his teammates, trying to get the salve off of him that has raddled his mind and is making him act crazy while he slept. But for now, I think this is actually real. I'm guessing jumping into the circle wound up putting him as the focal point to whatever mojo was going on there, strong enough to overpower the salve, for that moment at least. Things probably went down hill from there for Tommy, as the rest of the team as well I have a feeling.

We both know how this is going to REALLY end. Here is a little spoiler:

Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. (Note:The above is not valid in any way, shape, or form.)

-------------------------

You begin to swing at the arm as it comes out of the ground, but it removes itself as swiftly as if it had dipped its hand in water. It begins a barrage of punches, like the one in the illusion. You manage to perry the first blow, but are hit by the second spear coming from the other side, scratching your leg and tearing a small part of your flesh off. You instinctively jump back as the other two punches hit the ground in front of you, as you go to hit them using your sledge hammer. However, you catch your feet on some webbing, sticking to your legs and causing you to fall to the ground, tangled in them. (The dice must hate you.) The spider strikes again, sending a punch toward you. You manage to roll away at the last minute, breaking past the net like webbing around your foot as a treelike hand bashes into the ground next to you. You pull your sledge hammer up and make a quick whack at the spider's leg, managing to scratch it a bit, sending a small crack onto the outside as you graze it. Taking the distraction of the spider, you dive toward it, an animal like pounce. You then bring your hammer down on one of its walking legs, snapping the joint almost to the point of breaking. More green ooze exited the spider as it hissed at you, bringing all four limbs down at once. You tumble away, toward the spider, as a large hole appears in the concrete and silk behind you. Again you swing at the bottom leg, the right one this time. However, the spider reacts by raising the leg you where attacking with, parrying your blow enough to send you off balance. Apparently, the salve didn't do too much for your agility (You also scored a critical failure.). Your hammer's force is diverted toward the ground, smashing your own little hole in the concrete. The spider jabs the arm at you, however you doge, actually catching the spear in your now massive armpit. You feel the long hairs brush against your body as you use your armpit as a crab-cracker, bending it to the point of cracking, more green ooze getting on your uniform. The spider growls as it falls, nearly on top of you. Enraged, it begins biting at you, its fangs flinging out green poison. You swing down your hammer as its monstrous head, as it swings its own at you. You hit directly in the middle of its many eyes, and it hits you in the exact spot it had held you earlier. You both stand still for a moment, your weapons in each other's wounds, before the spider shudders and dies, a gaping green wound on its head.

That was a lot harder to kill then the illusion ones.

---------------

Well... I didn't expect that to last that long, sorry I dragged it on so long. You just got a few bad roles in a row, the ones you got good on where mostly dodging. On top of that, the new "Super human combat" rules I am trying out have different rules for fighting faceless mooks and more important characters, so the fight naturally went a different direction.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:52:21 pm by Stirk »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:56 pm »

Not really. I mean, like they said, there's not really any water. Maybe we should just look around for something we can use to put out the fire, or protect ourselves long enough to get Colt out safely.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 15, 2013, 10:32:31 pm »

"....Maybe we could use our barriers?" Artemis suggested. "But we have never tried them in a fire and won't be able to hold them very long" Apollo finished, as they speak to each other and you. "Maybe Patricia is right, we could find something to put the fire out." Apollo starts, "But what will we find? A fire extinguisher won't do much against that..." Artemis finishes. Suddenly, all three of you are quit, as you hear a large *WHOOP* sound. You look through the door as the twins turn to see it as well. On the far side of the room, the shogoth was poised like a snake, banging itself into the wall over and over. Pieces of concrete fell off at the jackhammer like hitting. It melted a little bit at the fire, but the first hit distinguished it. The shogoth then continues to let out a pseudopod like arm, eating the concrete as it continues to smash the wall. After several seconds of it, it hard removed a large portion of the wall, revealing a large steel pipe. The shogoth hits once more, as water began to gush out of the wall at an amazing rate. The shogoth then began diverting the water, putting out the fires as its bloodshot eyes look in every direction. The water continues to flow, as if an entire river had been diverted for the cause, soon filling the room with a thin sheet of water. The shogoth expands, spitting up gisers of water toward the remaining fires at a swift rate.

"...Looks like the shogoth doesn't want to die" Artemis begins, "...But shogoths are even stronger in water." Apollo finishes.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 15, 2013, 11:20:46 pm »

[You wouldn't be the first one to comment on my strangely-consistent bad luck.]

Alec growled at the pain, shoving the spider off of him. Not his finest moment. Growling a bit more, he gives a few more swings at its already dead and ichor-oozing body until he was satisfied. Then, taking as deep a breath as he can manage, he sets about ripping open one of the sacks to see what was in it, and listening to see if he can hear anything.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 16, 2013, 05:14:56 pm »

"We get Colt out, and then we run like the devil's on our heels. Which I ain't too sure he ain't. Maybe try usin' them barriers of yers ta move that sludge stuff off where Colt is, so I can grab him, and then we hightail it out of here?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 17, 2013, 07:31:31 pm »

After beating the corpse a bit, your lungs filling with air, and a new fire comes through you. You sense something, as if some force had warned you of "Danger". Ignoring it for the moment, you opened up the nearest sack, ripping it open with your bear hands, like you did with your own, the razor like silk biting into your hands a bit. Green liquid seeps out of it, a little like the spider's innards, but stickier, slimier. Like some kind of mucus. Hundreds of little round balls, each with an embryonic spider with it, surround a man. You pull him out, he is wearing a three piece suit and is still breathing, apparently alive. The mucus like stuff must be keeping him that way, like an egg, somehow. Magic?

While you where pawing around the sack, the growing sense of something coming closer grew and grew. Your limbs still felt the numbness of the poisons, and the voice returned...laughing, lightly in the back of your head. Somehow it sounds...less insane now, still lacking in sanity, but not as much as before.

Suddenly, a large section of the wall collapses at the end of the section, almost landing on several pods. An arm like a pine tree sticks up from out of it, bending like a crab. Large hairs jutted out at random angels, though the end looks much sharper then the last, both of the hairs and the arm.Though the most impressive thing of the leg was its sheer size, filling the whole room. The single leg was the size of one of the giant spiders.

What do you do now?

-----------

"Worth a try" Artemis states, as she begins running toward the shogoth with her gun raised, Apollo doing the same thing in exact synchronization. "But we have to find him first" Apollo said, as you begin to follow him. "Maybe you could try fire again, ah Patricia? Worked great the last time!" Artemis stated jokingly. The shogoth begins forming a film over and under the water, expanding its massive girth to make it almost a part of the ever growing water.

The twins take position and begin firing into the shoggoth, the bullets slashing up more water then ooze. It is amazingly agile in the water, like an oil spill ninja. It dodged around, making it difficult for the twins to be able to hit anything, rippling around in bizzare patters, the occasinal eye popping up to see what is going on.

How do you find Colt, if there is anything left of him?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 17, 2013, 07:42:57 pm »

Use my hatchet. I remember that Walter survived a full on swing from it into his neck, Colt will survive a slowed-down one.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 17, 2013, 07:58:47 pm »

[Ho-shit, you're really not pulling any punches with these things. I like it. Now to try and ponder how to kill it without killing the hostages. ...Idea.]

Alec stared at the leg for a moment, his brain trying to process how huge this thing must really be. He has a feeling none of this was expected for this mission. Such thoughts was pushed past him though, as he realized a few things. One, this thing could probably easily kill him if he wasn't careful. Two, it could even easier kill the hostages. Three, spiders are rather protective of their young.

With a wide grin, he takes a part of the sack and tries to rip a decent sized piece of it off. When that's successful, he'll pull up the edges to make a bag or pouch like thing made of the silk and shoves as many of the embryonic spiders as he could into the bag. With this complete, he'll dash to the nearest exist away from as many of the hostages as possible with said bag. When at the exit, he'll withdraw a handful of the eggs and throw them at the spider's leg, taunting it. "COME AND GET ME!" After which he'll continue fleeing away from the hostages, tossing more eggs at either it or the walls to try and get it to follow him.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:01 pm »

You use your hatchet,fishing around in the goo looking for Colt, getting incredibly close. You take a swing in the water, wetting your hatchet as the shogoth rushes away from your slow blow. However just as quickly, it rushes back, running up your hatchet, as if it was eating it. Suddenly your whole hand was covered in the mist, pulling you into it like it had Colt. Behind you, the twins fired two shots each, crushing into the bindings pulling you and freeing your hand, though it still had the black goop, the bloodshot eyes looking at you, full of hatred. You hit them against the wall, and the glob exits willingly. You swing again, this time a wide swing with a follow through, to not get caught again. It rushes away from you, revealing what you think to be a hand, if just for a second out of the corner of your eye. You cut madly, slashing back and forth like a pendulum, whipping away water as the goo retreats.

You see Colt's hand for another second, and go to grab it. You momentarily think of why the shogoth brought it so close... A trap? A shield? Maybe it just thought Colt would die from being without air so long? In any case, you take a hold of his submerged hand, pulling on it with all your might. Colt was remarkably light, but an amazingly thick layer of sludge had covered him, once again surrounding your arm and threatening to pull you in. The twins aim their guns at the shoggoth in order to free you, but hesitate, seeing Colt's hand and fearing friendly fire.

What do you do now?

-------------

I decided that if you where going to use the salve, I might as well make something worth using the salve against.

That is, if this isn't another illusion.

---------------------------

You rip of a piece of the webbing, using it as a cloth to gather a large amount of eggs. You get about a pillow's worth, as the giant arm takes notice of you. It begins to bend toward you, apparently realizing the limited space available, returning into the hole for a second. Second later, four large holes burst through the wall as if it was cardboard, four gargantuan behemoths. None of the sacks where damaged, apparently the spider worked to hard to keep them alive to just kill them now. You begin running away from the threat behind you, the legs moving crablike to the side, their enormous sound almost deafening to your heightened senses. You begin running faster, on all fours, away from the hostages as the noises intensified. You momentarily look back, fighting the enormous blood lust successfully, to see the giant spider halfway out of the hole it had left. If its legs where trees, its main body was a mountain. The spider took up the whole tunnel, hairs pressed to its body as it scrapped both the top and bottom. Its fangs where the size of a car each, poising dripping onto them as they scraped into the ground. Its many eyes where each as big as a man, as dark as black die, and all focused on you. The spider seems to realize it can not get to you without crushing the eggs, and returns to its hole for a moment, You hear the sound of digging behind you, then the spider burst through once again. Looking back once more, the urge to fight momentarily causing you to stop, you see its strange position. It is so large, each of its eight legs are jammed into the concrete, the body taking the full area of the subway. You can see the arms rotate, as if the spider was an old battle ship, sending the spider moving forward at a startling pace. It isn't much faster then a normal jogging pace, but considering the circumstances that is itself remarkable.

What do you do now?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 17, 2013, 09:49:37 pm »

"I found him didn't I? Barriers?" Patricia asks, hacking wildly at the ooze around Colt, planting her feet as well as she can as she pulls.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »

[True, this could all be some horrible, horrible dream brought on by the salve.]

Alec figured this was far enough, he isn't at risk of harming the hostages anymore. Not needing the baby spiders anymore, he'll rear back and throw them as hard as he could at the giant spider. With that hopefully distracting it for a moment, he sets about trying to break off a part of the tracks with his hammer, attempting to acquire a large metal railing. If successful, he'll try and throw it at the spider's head and move to get ahead of it again.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43