- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28213 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG
« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2013, 10:43:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rose nods, smiling peacefully, as she states "Yes, I like to make some renovations from time to time. I was watching you from the window, and saw you needed my help. You need to be more careful, Cat. Your recklessness has already gotten you hurt!" worryingly. Behind her, Pinkerton continued the game of "doge bullet" with the Ninja Master, sending several well-aimed shots down the hallway only for the ninja to blur away. Rose put her hand behind her back, moving a kind of cloth forward to put it in front of her chest like Rambo's bullets, bandolier style. A cloth, making a rainbow of explosives and grenades, which Rose tied securely behind her back with a tight-metal clamp behind her, as causally as if it was an apron.

How do you want to fight the Ninja Master?

You turn on your communicator, playing with the channel until you hit radio static. You then causally walk up to Tommy, standing next to him as you wield your hammer carefully. Tommy looks at you blankly, blinking once or twice, though showing no outward surprise. You ask your question as Tommy blinks before answering.

"That is a strange question, don't you think Hammer-kun?" Tommy states blandly, as he begins to answer. "Helena-chan's great strength comes from her ring!" he continues, with space between the words, each one sounding deliberate yet emotionless. "The thing on her right hand. It is unable to be seen, however it can be detected by its slight vibrations when it speaks." Tommy continued, his words flowing together better now.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 03, 2013, 10:55:23 pm »

[I can only assume the spider rolled a one there for bluffing. That, or its deliberately trying to fuck with Alec's head. Maybe both. Also, shoulda figured I probably wouldn't of been able to hear Tommy's comm cackle. It was worth a shot.]

No. NO! "DAMN YOU!" Alec howled with rage at the deception, shirking his usually quiet nature in his anger. His face twisted in anger, he rears with his hammer, striking at the horrible specter of a possibly dead friend. "SPECTER! ILLUSIONIST! LIAR!" He accents each accusation with another attempted hammer blow.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 03, 2013, 11:16:49 pm »

You bring up your hammer and begin to strike, your hammer raised well above your head. Suddenly, as if a mist had been whipped out from in front of it, the Tommy in front of you changed. His expression was replaced by a happy smile, eyes closed as he does a victory pose, the shotgun in his hands being raised in victory. Your hammer swiftly comes down on Tommy's shoulder heavily, sending him flying back as if he was hit by a truck. Hit hit the ground hard, his shotgun spinning away as he curled up, blood starting to stain the concrete.

Tommy grasps his arm as he lay on the floor, looking up at you with sad, confused eyes. His face looked like an orphan child or puppy that's trust had been betrayed, tears beginning to form making his eyes water as blood started dripping from his mouth. He raised his head slightly off the ground, stuttering "Whhh....why?" weakly, blood dripping from his mouth worse and worse. You bring down your hammer again, cracking into the stomach of the man at your feet. You hear the still unfamiliar sound of bones cracking, as Tommy recoils in a scream of pain. You pick your hammer up to strike again as Tommy begins to shout "hheelp!" weakly, making a futile attempt to grab the rifle off his back using his working on. "He...Heeeeeeelllllleeenaaa" he shouts stronger, like a child screaming for his mother, as your windmill of hammers begin to smash into him, each one landing with a crack and sending their effects throughout Tommy's body. You continue hitting for several strikes, stopping once Tommy's mutilated body shows no sign of movement.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 03, 2013, 11:34:43 pm »

[Damn those spiders are tricky.]

Alec panted as he held the gore covered hammer over the mutilated body of Tommy. "Change." He nudges the body with his foot. "Change dammit." He gives a bit less of an friendly nudge with his foot at the dead body, the hammer in his hands shaking. "CHANGE! ...please..." The last part he hissed out of his heavy breathing, heart beating faster than he's ever known it to. "No..." The hammer fell from his shaking hands, as he stared at the blood on them. This can't be happening. This can't be happening. That was the only thought screeching through his mind over and over, faster and louder than he knew his thoughts could be. He fell roughly to his knees, clutching his head tightly. This can't be happening. This can't be happening. This can't be happening. "I'm sorry..." Was all he could manage to choke out.

He just shook for a moment, trying to come to terms with what he just did. He thought... The spiders... Tommy... But... Now he's... But he thought... His head swam, not able to right itself, trying its hardest to deny what he had just done. Oh god what have I done. This was his only predominant thought.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:59:28 pm by Xanmyral »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2013, 12:23:57 am »

Patricia looked over them, drew her hatchet, and smiled grimly. "Charlie, you keep any cultists off us, right hon'? Colt, if that Nazi guy comes, can you fight him long enough for us to finish? Apollo, Artemis, could you help cover me? And of course, Goldmann, if you get a shot...take it. Now, anyone got a bottle, empty or not? Something like that?"

((Molotov cocktails and axe-play, hurray!))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 06, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »

The body continues to lie there, no matter how much you kick it. It moves slightly at your kick, like a puppet who has lost its strings, but nothing more happens.

Next to Tommy's bloody dented head was a sound, a voice. "Tommy! My Tommy! Are you alright?". It was the communicator, next to Tommy's eye piece, apparently having fallen out when you hit him to the ground. Helena was speaking over it, her voice filled with worry. Your own communicator is still on a different channel, only static coming through.

What do you do now?

------------

The group checks themselves for bottles and explosives. Goldman pulls out a grenade from a hidden pocket in his uniform, handing it to you. "I have kept this in case of emergency, I hope it will suffice." He says simply, offering it to you. "Other then that, I believe that you are the only one with anything like a bottle. Your flasks may suffice for such a purpose..."

Anything else you want to do before fighting the boss?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 06, 2013, 07:00:10 pm »

Flasks are too sturdy. Oh well. Wrap the grenade in some bandages, soak it in whiskey. Lots of bandages. I can light it on fire for a make-shift firebomb. Hand my glock to Goldman. I only got a clip left; he's a better shot than me. Hatchet out and ready, drink some whiskey, and let's go.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 06, 2013, 07:27:38 pm »

[I think BAD END has been achieved for Alec. At least in his mind from what he perceives. Ah well, time for the roaring rampage of death to the spiders now, this was the kind of moment I was saving the salve for. Well, not exactly, the plan was more of a "use the salve, save the world team" kind of instance, not a "friend dead because of self, time to go rampaging on the enemies." Poor Tommy, he was my favorite of the team.]

Hearing the voice, Alec didn't know what to think anymore. The stark reality of what had happened finally entered his mind. He had killed Tommy. He slumped, his muscles no longer tense as they were before, as if he wondered what the point of anything was anymore. Alec wanted to show that he could use his strength to help people, prevent hurt, but he had... He had killed someone because of it. He wasn't strong. He couldn't help.

Alec lazily grabbed his hammer, inspecting the blood on it, then Tommy's corpse. It was his fault. He was so sure it was a spider, but... It wasn't. The spiders. He audibly growled in anger, his knuckles going white with strain as he held onto the hammer. THE SPIDERS. They still lived, while Tommy had died. They still live. There were still people to save, but the spiders still lived while Tommy had died. Alec gritted his teeth. He didn't change the channel on the comm, he wouldn't be able to handle hearing their laments, their accusations... It was all true, but right now he needed a direction. Then... Then after...

Alec gingerly grabbed the shotgun and tried to rig it to where it would sling over his back. With a deep, halted breath he grasped for the salve. The spiders. He felt his body go hot with anger. THE SPIDERS. Tommy may have died because of his own fault, but he'll be damned if the spiders lived another breath. He'll bring this whole place down on their heads if he had to, once he got everyone else out. Alec applied the salve on his body, all of it. There is no going back, no return, just the task ahead of him, and nothing else consumed his thoughts more.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 06, 2013, 10:32:48 pm »

You hand the gun to Goldman as you begin your fire bomb, taking supplies from your medical bag. You tell the team what you are doing, and they assist you in making the fire bomb. "I don't know how good it will be..." Goldman stated, "It is a fragmentation grenade. It would be unlikely to get your intended result." he started, though he did help get supplies.

You take out a bandage from your medical bag, soak it and whiskey and wrap it around the grenade. The twins had gathered up some of the enemies unspent bullets, removing the gunpowder from them to add to your bomb as the time ticks. Charlie uses his knowledge and equipment to assist you as well, making it in a package that is a good deal heavier then the normal grenade, but will probably do more damage.

Is there anything else you want to do before the fight?

----------------

You remove the pack from the pocket on your chest, crushing apart the cardboard as you rub it over your body as if it was sunscreen. You rub it all over your body, your arms going far under your uniform to get every inch, giving your body a greasy coat. From your arms to your toes, a slight itching sensation followed the salve. There was a lot more in the pack then meats the eye, you feel that you are wearing even more then the original Werewolves had.

Suddenly, your chest filled with an interesting sensation, like that medicine you used as a child. Your body starts to fill with fire, at first you think it is adrenaline, though it is a thousand times stronger. Every muscle in your body flexes, twitching as they begin to bulge. Your uniform rips in several places, your muscles simply breaking through them. Your head filled with rage, multiplied a dozen times from whatever you felt before, as your head begins to burn as if in intense anger. You give out a deep scream, turning into a half roar.

Your eyes blur as they fill with the burning sensation, swiftly focusing in like binoculars. It swiftly returns to your normal sight, then continues further. The dark subway station becomes as bright as day, your hearing picks up that you can still hear the tapping of the spiders, echoing down the hallway. Perhaps more importantly, you see the world as it truly is. Looking at "Tommy's" corpse, all you see is a pile of webs. Almost like a child's mummy doll, white silk rapped to look like a human. Looking at the spider's corpse shows a similar puppet, a pile of silk masquerading as a body. High above on the ceiling, two spiders tapped around, thin pieces if silk coming down from their joints and hands. Puppet masters, deceptive puppet masters. You can not see Tommy, but he apparently was not here. Your vision quickly changes, from a bright picture to a tunnel, only able to see the spiders.

During this whole transformation, a strange voice echos through your head as if it was your own voice. Insane laughter, genuinely ecstatic, starts, getting even stronger then your own thoughts, a happy and insane "AHHAHAHHA AAAAAAAHHHHAAAHAH!", stopping to giggle out a "Like a moth to a flame! AHAHAHAH!". It was the voice of a young man, somewhat high pitched. "For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain! Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." It continued, in a completely giggly way, between juts of laughter. After your transformation completes itself, the voice dulls, the laughter continuing to echo through the back of your mind.

What do you do now?
----------------

[I think BAD END has been achieved for Alec. At least in his mind from what he perceives. Ah well, time for the roaring rampage of death to the spiders now, this was the kind of moment I was saving the salve for. Well, not exactly, the plan was more of a "use the salve, save the world team" kind of instance, not a "friend dead because of self, time to go rampaging on the enemies." Poor Tommy, he was my favorite of the team.]

Ah, you finally used it. To be honest, I thought you would use it on something more physical, here your just losing a mind game.

Now would be a good time to go over superhuman combat. I am thinking about adding some different rules for it, probably adding some elements from Feng Sui. Just do the awsomest thing you can think of, keeping in mind your new superhuman strength, and Ill figure out the dice.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 06, 2013, 11:19:09 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Alec felt a surge of emotions he could barely comprehend. Anger, relieve, hope, fear, anger, hate, rage, wrath. There was a voice in his head, that which wasn't his own, but he barely paid attention to it, his own mind locked onto target. Tommy lives, or could live, or may be dead. But it wasn't his fault, it was the spiders! IT WAS THE SPIDERS! SPIDERS! HOW HE WOULD CRUSH THEM! HOW HE WOULD KILL THEM FOR TAUNTING HIM! FOR  HURTING OTHERS, FOR MAKING HIM THINK HE HURT OTHERS! THEY WOULD DIE, PAY, BE KILLED!

For some reason, perhaps the cackling voice in his head, he started laughing, a harsh laugh of one who laughs at themselves and the world. This whole time he was fooled, everything a farce. How long did it go? How high up do the strings that make the puppets dance flow? Only one way to find out. Moving as fast as he could, he grabbed as many strings attached to the two spiders as possible and yanked with all his might to pull them down. With the strings still in hand, he'll use them as flails to smash against the wall until they stop twitching, which being spiders might be for a while. If they refuse to be yanked down, he'll growl and move to go up to them, jumping at them with his new found strength to tackle one off the roof and chuck at the other one.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 07, 2013, 06:13:38 pm »

Nope. Let's kill this asshole.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 07, 2013, 08:49:01 pm »

You grab onto the strings, dozens of them in your hand, thin but incredibly strong, and give a hefty pull. At your first tug, the spider's arms twitched as if their arms would be pulled off, the second bringing them crashing down, the strings going lose in your hand. You swing them around to the other side, acting like a fishing fly, going limp in your hands before immediately going taught as the human-size spiders where flung over your head, smashing into the ground on your other side with a cracking sound, sending cement flying as they impact. Losing no force, you take the line with both hands, swinging it across to the other side with a similar crack. You continue this, smashing them from side to side like a rag doll, hitting them against the floor, walls, and even the roof. The hall is littered with small indents, as you effortlessly kill the spiders, nearly tearing them apart with your powerful onslaught. They lay down dead after several hits, limbs pointing out in random angels and the whole thing stained with green insides.

What do you do now?

Your team gets into position, you with the bomb in front of the door, with the twins on either side of you. Behind you, Goldman held your pistol easily, loading it up and checking it over. Charlie set up a defensive position at the doorway with Colt, in the case something happened. All under your suggestion.

The twins nod to each other as they take positions on either side of the door, as Artemis kicks the door in. Apollo looks over the room with his eyes on the iron sights of his AK, as he gives the "gogogo" sign with his hand. The twins and yourself rush in with Goldman following behind, entering a wide-open room. At the center was a large table, banquet style, filled with food. There was steaming turkey, bowls of fruit, steaks, even a roast pig, all ornately presented on silver-looking platters. While there was a lot of food, there was only one seat, filling the room with the sound of someone eating glutinously.

The one man in the room was wearing a cultist robs, with round flabs coming out. He was obese, more so then you would think humanly possible, giving him the appearance of a circle. He was putting fists of food in his mouth, only half bothering to chew, and when he did bother to chew he had his mouth open to fit more food in. At your entrance, he stopped eating momentarily to chew on some food, swallowing as he begun to speak.

"So you made it." he said in a booming voice, pulling an entire turkey close to his body. "You want this?" he continued, pulling out a blue cube with several runes on it, about the size of your hand, from the considerable flabs of his robe. "Common geddit!" he continued, as the twins begun their assault. Artemis fired a bullet directly toward his stomach, causing the man to...sit still. Large black ooze moved out of the way, making a large hole in the middle of his stomach and ripping apart his robe. The man reformed, the gasoline like ooze returning to flesh, now exposed by the robe. You can see his fat easily now, it is covered in eldrich tattoos much like the first cultist you had combated. "Lets get started" he spat out, as he pulled up the turkey, raising it above his head as he dropped it. His head transformed into the ooze, allowing him to eat the turkey in a single gulp.

What do you do now?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 07, 2013, 09:26:09 pm »

Patricia smiles, and lobs the bomb up so it will fall onto the man. "A snack for ya."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2013, 06:23:55 pm »

Alec chuckled, seeing the no-longer twitching foes that have caused him such pain. But it was in passing, there was much to do. Tommy is missing, there are hostages to rescue, and there are more spiders to kill. Usually he would feel apprehensive, on edge, horrified that he has to do this alone, but now... He feels alive. More alive than he's ever felt before, stronger than he ever felt before, emboldened that he can still use his strength to help people. Hammer in hand, tries to locate signs of a struggle, or any clues as to where Tommy might of been dragged off to, and if finding none just makes his way quickly down the path Tommy went when he went around the corner.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2013, 08:39:02 pm »

You give the firebomb a might throw, pulling the pin and throwing it with all your strength. The cloth-covered grenade flies awkwardly across the room, landing in the man's head sending black goo everywhere as it lands, not yet exploding. The man continues to transform, black ooze bubbling off of his body, growing it, first double then tipple. It expands into a fifteen-foot blob, a tar like amoeba filling up part of the room. The firebomb explodes as the cultist attempts to avoid it, sprawling his tarlike body as far away as he could. Your squad jumps to cover as the *BOOMWWOOOSH* sound goes off, sending fire sprawling everywhere throughout the room, with much of the black sludge following suit. The twins high five in celebration, only to be interrupted by the cultist rushing out toward you.

He was a little smaller now, the bomb looks to have done some damage, but his amoeba like body moves swiftly, he is next to your group in an instant. You can see little dots come out of his black cytoplasm, bloodshot eyes beginning to form as his body proceeded closer. Behind him, the flammable objects of the room had been set ablaze.

What do you want to do now?

---------------------------

You turn around the corner where Tommy dissipated, your eyes seeing easily in the dark room. You turn to see another long hallway as you walk along the tracks. Halfway down, you see an object. Your eyes act automatically, zooming in as if you where using binoculars, you see it is a spider's corpse. A real one this time. Its thorax was open, it looks like Tommy had gotten it with a shotgun. You walk down the hallway and look around the corner, looking for any further signs.

Several of the small spiders where tapping on the walls and floor, a few on the roof. A giant spider was in the middle, upon closer inspection you can see that it is dead. Your senses are also insulted by thousands of normal spiders, you can hear, see, and even smell them in the hallway.

What do you do now?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43