- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28215 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG
« Reply #360 on: April 26, 2013, 02:55:26 pm »

Huh, I could've sworn I posted something yesterday.

"I'm ready when you are, Drake. Point me at the bad guys."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 26, 2013, 02:55:44 pm »

Alec nodded at what Oto said. More things to mess with their heads, great. He grabbed what was needed and filed into the jetcopter with the others. When the got there, Alec listened to Otonashi's plan to hear what was necessary to do. So they cause a distraction, and while that's going on he and Tommy sneak in and get the hostages out, sounds simple enough.

Chances are it won't be that simple though, so far things have never been quite that simple. Specially with poisonous, shape-shifting illusionists involved. "Hostage numbers? Enemy numbers?" 'Course, understanding how well the plan is and how smoothly it goes off depends on how many enemies and how many hostages there are.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 26, 2013, 03:19:44 pm »

Huh, I could've sworn I posted something yesterday.

"I'm ready when you are, Drake. Point me at the bad guys."

You did. And I responded with a wall of text. Repost!

Thats what you get for being the only one to write for...

------------------------

Drake and the rest of the squad nodes. "Then....lets do this" he says, as he cocks his pistol. The group then nods, the sound of guns being loaded and readied fills the room. You remind yourself to load your own guns, putting the shells in the Benelli one by one and ending with a *chchink!*, the Berreta's clip sliding easily in. While the shotgun could be used as pump action, it had a switch that could turn it to semi-automatic, though a warning came from Rose. "Please try to keep the chamber empty and the safety on when the weapons are not in use." She said, smiling. "Safety first, after all." The squad then files into the back hallway, passing several doors as you open a large, steel that was sealed like the one when you first entered. It opened with a *whoosh* as air ran from the garage into the hallway.

The garage was smaller then the garage you had entered in initially, with a single helicopter the only thing that can be seen between the grey concrete walls and floor. The helicopter was small, it looked like a civilian helicopter that might be used for life flight or for traveling, with the Archangel logo on the side. A small steel step ladder extended from the open door, as the squad filed in uniniformly. You find an empty seat, next to Rose, with Hercules taking the driving seat and Pinkerton and Drake taking the seats behind you. Your seat is a strange and interesting cross between an airliner chair and a dentist's chair, a big chair that looks like it could fold down. After the squad files in, Hercules pushes a button on his council, causing the door to close as the helicopter started. You could see the roof open out the front of the helicopter, the two sides breaking apart like a clam, with glowing orange sides like part of a toaster. It was snowing heavily, but all the snow evaporated as it entered the building. The helicopter sputtered to life, flying out the open window and into the blizzard like snow. Everyone begins putting their weapons into a large bag next to their seats, with Rose assisting you and teaching you how to properly do it. The helicopter continues its journey for several more minutes, as the snow stops everyone puts on an X style seat belt, with Rose once again teaching you how to properly put it on, as they recline their chair to a lying-down position. A mask, like those used on jet planes, falls from the ceiling, with Rose for the third time teaching you how to properly put it on before putting her own on. You can't see anything through the mask. The helicopter suddenly shudders, as if it had been hit by a gust of wind, suddenly picking up a great amount of speed. This speed continues for several monotonous hours, ending when a second shudder causes your mask to pop off and stop giving oxygen. The rest of the squad was now removing their equipment from their bags and putting the seats back into proper positions. You look out the front window to see an average-looking town, with several normal looking houses on a road.

Drake begins to talk from his seat in the back, putting his foot on his chair and using it for a foot rest as his gun leans up against him. "Ah, before I forget, here is your communicator Cat" he said, handing you a black headset, "Itll help you communicate with the rest of the squad on missions. Now, down to business." he continues, clapping his gloved hands together. "We don't know a much about the Freaks or their capabilities, so we will have to go in careful. To avoid letting them escape, will will have to cover all the entrances, moving in and sweeping the place clean. So Hercules and I will take the main gate, Rose will guard the windows, and Pinkerton and the new girl move in the back gate. Any questions?"

Any questions?

--------------------------
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Unkown as of now."Otonashi says over the communicator once again, the helicopter landing, though the blades still spinning. "We know at least one subway car has been taken, several managed to escape to tell the news. A whole subway was taken originally." He continues, as you and Tommy exit, weapons on your back. "Good luck" he says, as the helicopter flies off once again, sending air swirling around and making the grass dance around.

Tommy readies his rifle, a custom Remington Model 700 he tells you, walking over to the entrance. The police scattered out of your way, as you and Tommy raise their guns. You and Tommy then sit down and wait for several minutes, as Tommy messes with his equipment impatiently. He starts to hum some song as he sits back board. Otonashi comes back again over the communicator, "Go go go!" he said, unstressed. Tommy jumps up from the position he was sitting with, yelling "Finally!" as he raised his gun with a smile. You walk over to the opening, to see it covered in a large, thick webbing acting like a wall. Tommy points to your hammer saying "Your turn!", as you proceed to demolish the web wall.

You bring your hammer down on the wall of webs, it is stronger then many walls you had faced before. Webs stuck to your hammer as you smash in, sending small spiders scrambling out with each impact. After about three hits, the wall was torn enough that you and Tommy could walk in the dark tunnel. Tommy adjusts his green eyepiece as he speaks to you, "Howd you like to do this?"

How would you like to proceed?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 26, 2013, 03:33:07 pm »

"Nope, I just hope Pinkerton can keep up." Jessica smirks, slipping on her headset.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 26, 2013, 03:40:01 pm »

Alec sat around with Tommy as they waited for the signal, checking to make sure his Shrike is in working order. He knew that since they're to rescue the hostages, if an enemy is around them he'd be almost useless at a range, and with what they're facing he's more than a little worried. The waiting seemed almost unbearable to him, each moment just increasing the tension until he started wondering if something went wrong. By then he had lit up a cigaret, trying to take his mind off of what they were about to do soon, and the ramifications if it doesn't work. When the order finally came, Alec dropped the cigaret and stamped it out, following Tommy to the wall.

It didn't take long to get rid of, although it was definitely different. He'd never taken down a wall of webbing, and definitely not one as strong as this one. When it was down, they progressed into the dark, Alec flicking his flashlight on. "Quickly, before they realize." Being slow about it will just give them more time to harm the hostages, or to discover the ploy. The quicker they got the hostages out of there, the better.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 26, 2013, 04:49:46 pm »

The helicopter continues its journey, slowing down as you fly in front of a larger building. It is a Japanese-style house, with three floors, the strange porch like roof jutting out at odd angels on each floor. It looks out of place next to all the average buildings around it, a strange palace. The helicopter flies over it, a rope ladder falling from the helicopter as the door opens. "This is your stop!" Drake says as he gives a mock salute. Pinkerton starts down the ladder, as you follow. The ladder buffets a little in the wind, otherwise it is stable as you descend to the ground. You land on the ground as the ladder returns to the jetcopter, pulling up like a fishing real. You look around.

You are still in an out-of place looking area, the palace was ahead of you, casting a shadow to the side. A paper gate was over the entrance, probably not something that can stop you. Behind you was a pond, with several Lilly pads and straw like crass growing out of it. Several large goldfish swam around in it, it probably goes a few feet down. Pinkerton had taken out his large gun, scanning the aria with his eyes like you are.

Your eyes both go to the pond, as a movement draws you to them. Two of the strawlike grasses where moving, quickly, like there was someone under it.

What do you do?

-----------------

"Alright" Tommy said, walking down the stairs ahead of you. He didn't have a flashlight himself, and like Helena, apparently didn't need one. You follow him down the stairs, your flashlight illuminating them. It was just like the entrance to any other subway, though somehow when the lights are off it seemed somewhat more sinister. Your steps echo off the walls, which have the hints of spiderwebs across them, mundane ones, not like the ones blocking the entrance. You quickly enter the subway station, moving your flashlight around in order to see. There is nothing there, simply more spider webs. Tommy jumps down to the tracks, motioning for you to follow. He looks down the hallways and quickly goes into prone position, as a scream echos through the hallway.

You quickly act, shining your flashlight to see what is going on. Illuminated by your flashlight, there was a young women, being used as a shield. You can't see what is holding her fully, all you can see is grotesque limbs, four of them, with large brown hairs jutting out randomly. At its feet was a baby in a carrying case, also being held by a hairy appendage. The legs bent at random angels, each leg taller then a man, making the whole creature big enough to take up most of the track.

What do you do?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 26, 2013, 06:23:45 pm »

Jessica runs up to the pond, shooting a blast into it with her shotgun, before taking a few steps back to wait for a response.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2013, 08:44:25 pm »

You run up to the pond, firing a shot, sending water spraying up. The stawlike reads stopped for a second, then started to go around in circles crazily, as you step back to see what happens. Pinkerton walks up to the pond and throws a rock in it, squatting down as he waits....The reads just keep running around wildly. "....." Stated Pinkerton with enthusiasm, as you continued to wait.

Suddenly, from behind a large rock next to the pawn, two people jump out, taking martial arts like poses. "HA! You have fallen for our trap!" said a woman, dressed in what is apparently a Halloween costume of a ninja as she points at you. "You are no match for our superior Ninjitsu!" said a man dressed similar, as he also points at you in a similar fashion. "We are the super ninja guardians of the back gate!" They state together, going into a pose as if they where on an old TV show.

"....." States Pinkerton, looking at the Ninja. ".....These guys are idiots. To stupid for words." he continues, as he turns around, ignoring them. "Other squads get to fight werewolves and giant spiders and cultists....While I am stuck fighting insane idiots in children's costumes." he continues, walking to the door. "Bu...But wait!" Said the male ninja, putting out his hand as if to grab Pinkerton. "Don't you want to know how we faked the moment!? Ill give you a hint, it involved a turtle, some string, and an air soft gun!" the ninja said desperately. "They don't pay me enough for this..." Pinkerton continues, sliding open the paper door. "We will stop you, one way or another!" The ninja say together, as the female ninja pushes a button on a remote she kept hidden in her sleeve.

Suddenly, the strawlike grass spits out two darts traveling at swift speed, smashing into the palace in the exact place Pinkerton had been a second before. He had gotten lucky and hit the floor before being hit, as another volley comes toward him. The ninja pull out knives, strange thin knives that they wielded in each hand. Pinkerton fires a burst from his gun, a crack coming from it as a bullet hits the place where the ninja had been seconds before. All that he hit was a blur, the ninja then showing themselves on the other side of the pond.

They may be idiots, but they are not weak. How do you want to fight the ninja?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2013, 12:19:45 am »

Cat pulls her hood up, trying to quickly skirt around their field of view and flank them from the side or even get up right behind them. They can't dodge a point blank shot to the back of the skull, can they?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2013, 12:23:20 am »

Alec trudged behind Tommy in the dark, only lit up by his flashlight. Seems Tommy doesn't need light to see either, although he does have that eye piece of his that he usually wears, probably has something to do with it Alec figures. Doesn't seem to be anything here though, just spider webs and darkness... All the same, Alec couldn't help but feel tense, rolling his fingers on his grip of the Shrike. He wondered if they should be hearing something related to the distraction, yet so far he can't hear a thing beyond themselves.

Tommy went prone suddenly when they were at the tracks, looking in one direction and Alec was about to ask him why when the scream sounded. With a reflex, he moved the light and Shrike barrel towards the scream to see the scene before him, horrible legs and the woman and child. He grimaced, there was no way he could take a shot now, not with a chance of hitting them. Alec couldn't just sit there though, no, the thing seemed to know they were there, or if not knew now. He had to act.

Alec knew what he had to do, he had to get the legs away from the woman and child, fast. Letting his Shrike go slack, since its of no use now, he gripped his sledge in one hand and charged without a yell or a shout. His mind bugged him, what if he didn't get there in time, or accidentally hit the hostages? He couldn't let the questions hold him back, inaction was worse here. He would try to get to the woman and child, and attempt to break them free of the legs, not swinging at the legs with his sledge for fear that they may bring the child or woman to bear the strike for it. He knew this is probably a stupid, suicidal idea, but he couldn't do nothing.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 28, 2013, 12:01:46 pm »

You put up your hood and start sneakily jogging behind the ninja. The ninjas smile, wielding their knives, as Pinkerton let another *crack* from his gun, sending them blurring to the other side again, the ninjas then go into a different pose, taunting Pinkerton. He shoots again, acting as a distraction as you continue to run. The ninjas again blur away, ending up standing on the lake water, each trowing one of their long knives at Pinkerton. Pinkerton manages to block them, using his gun as a kind of shield, and returns fire, sending them to the other side again, lying around as if they had been relaxing. Now you made it to about where they would go....Pinkerton fires one more time, sending them right next to you!

You have your gun directly in the face of the male ninja, feeling the kick of the gun as you fire a shot directly into his head, as he had begun looking toward you. It looks like he tried to block it with his knife, which flies to the side as his body falls gently backwards into the water, blood mixing in the pond and sending the goldfish fleeing. "You....MONSTER!" The female ninja shouts, twirling her knife as she begins to stab toward you. Pinkerton fires another shot, stopping her knife in its tracts, as she clumps over holding the wound.

Pinkerton stands up, brushing himself off as he wields his gun in a ready position. "Well...There are two hallways here. We need to keep the ninja from escaping. I could watch the door and you could go in, playing to our strengths, but meaning you will be alone. I could go in as well, and we could each go down a hallway, sweeping everything and making us closer to each other in the case we need reinforcements. Or we could go together, meaning we are a stronger fighting force, which we'll need if we are going to fight anything stronger then those idiots, but some might get past us. Any idea?

What strategy do you suggest?

-----------

...What is the plural of "ninja" anyway? Ninja? Ninjas?

--------------

You charge up to the giant spider and grab on to the woman, attempting to pull her free. You put your arms around her and give a mighty pull, but feeling no give, it was as if she was trapped there by steel chains. The woman continued yelling, tears falling down her face, when you try to pull once again before the spider acts. An echo rings through the hallway, and the spider suddenly gives away! You pull the woman free, as the spider begins retreating down the hallway, you manage to grab the baby case with your foot. Apparently, Tommy had made an amazing shot in the dark. The spiders large legs sounded like tap dancing shoes, though louder and more sinister, as that taping sound rang throughout the hallway, the spider retreating as your flashlight points to the wall.

You are continuing to hold the woman in your arms, who is now sobbing quietly. "Arigatō...Domo arigato" the woman says between sobs, tears soaking through her wiry black hair that covered her face. You are about to say something else, when suddenly the woman's hair tightens around your torso like a net, forcing your right hand and sledge hammer close to your body. "...Thank you for being my children's first meal!" She continues, no longer sobbing as she begins to change, her face jutting out fangs and growing eyes, large hairs forming themselves as she begins to transform, like some kind of werewolf. Her hair changes to the steel-like silk like the kind blocking the entrance, sticking to you as you attempt to escape. She continues to transform, her body expanding to become two hairy bulbs, her arms growing as they bend in horrible angels, then growing hair themselves at odd angels, tackling you to the ground as her fanged mouths begin to cover your legs in the silk. She ends up being the size of a large man, like yourself, if not a little bigger. Your flash light falls to the floor, now pointing at the baby carriage. Spiders, thousands of them, are pouring out of it and coming toward you, smaller versions of the one that used to be a woman, leaving behind what appears to be eggs in the baby carriage.

What do you do now?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 28, 2013, 12:24:04 pm »

"You stay here. I'll try and flush some your way if I can't take them myself." Cat looks toward the wounded ninja, "As for her... Ugh... I can't stand to see anyone bleed out like that, even a Freak." She turns back to Pinkerton, "Try to stabilize her and take her prisoner, or put her out of her misery. It's your call, just don't stand there and let her bleed out."

The plural of ninja is ninja. This is because the Japanese language doesn't distinguish between plurals IIRC.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 28, 2013, 12:41:30 pm »

Try and keep the brutes from advancing, but make sure to be behind cover. My fellows should arrive soon to support me. And of course, try to kill them if I can. Go for gut shots; seems like it's their bones that are incredihard.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 28, 2013, 01:20:14 pm »

Pinkerton looked over at the ninja,"Her?" he said, "I dinged' her aorta, or at least that is what I was aiming for. If she is anything like a human, she should already be dead." his gaze softens for a second, before hardening once again as he looks at you. "But...if you insist" he starts hesitantly, "I will see what I can do, so I can get you off my back."

You enter the palace, looking around. The walls where made of some kind of stone or concrete, as you look both ways. The hallways seemed completely the same, so you choose to take the right randomly one. After you first step you hear an explosion in the distance, startling you for a second, though you do not notice any change. Your sneaks squeak as you go across the wooden floor, it has apparently been polished to a shine. You go around the corner, leading to another small hallway, which is apparently completely empty except for a window, filling the hallway with light.

You walk down the hallway, when out of nowhere you feel something grab your ankles. You quickly look down, seeing two black-gloved hands coming out of two floor boards, flipped up like a trap door. Above you you hear a slight *chic* as a ninja jumped from a trap door in the roof, wielding a katana and yelling "KIAAAAA", as it jumped on the other side of the hallway and started running toward you. Just to top it off, a side on the wall gets taken down, revealing a ninja with a hand of throwing stars.

What do you do now?

----------------

You dive to the side, entering the open door to cover yourself with the thick wall, leaving only your gun to the side to provide fire, not leaving any of yourself exposed. You hear more gunfire coming from the hallway, the others apparently have gotten better. You fire five shots down the hallway, hitting the freaks in the gut as they rush down the hallway, sending them falling over and stalling them. One stayed back, spraying bullets into the concrete and scraping it away.

Suddenly, the brute at the end of the hallway's head sent wooden splinters flying again, then more begun spinning out, like he had been hit with a drill. The shrapnel continues for several more seconds, as you go back behind cover, looking back out again to see a heavy broken chair in it's place, with Colt twirling his revolver at the other side. Apparently he had used another one of those fancy bullets. The brutes turn to see him, as he loads what looks like a lawn-mower blade attached to a bottle rocket, pointing it down the hallway with one hand. He then pulls his trigger....and his gun hits the floor, Colt pulling his hand back quickly in surprise as a scraping sound goes through the hallway. His gun lies on the ground, with blades going through the barrel like a flower, ruining his gun. The freaks begin to fire at him as he dives to the side. You manage to take this opportunity to aim carefully, putting the rest of your magazine into the nearest freak's back, causing him to fall over as a dull metallic sound goes through the hallway. The freak tries to crawl closer as he draws his detonator, dropping it after a half drag, causing it to explode, sending fragments down the hallway as you go back into cover. You then exit, finding the remaining brute to have been caught in the explosion, a banged up sword and armor piece where the brutes once where.

You walk down the hallway to see Colt waiting.

What do you do now?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2013, 04:07:46 pm »

Cat ducks at the last second as the katana flies over her head, pressing her shotgun into its wielder's gut and pulling the trigger. She pulls out her sidearm and blows a few holes in the floor, right between the arms holding her ankle in place, before diving towards the only remaining target, rolling, taking a knee, and firing several more pistol shots in its direction.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43