- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28217 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG
« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2013, 11:20:07 pm »

Alec fully admits that he's typically not the first one to pick up on subtle clues in conversations, but you'd have to wake up way the hell early in the morning to not pick up on that, he thinks. All the things she did last mission, even he doubts himself could do those things as easily. With the way she struck the chandelier, well Alec tried to make a career on breaking things. When breaking a hard object with their body, people usually stop right at the object instead of carrying through due to fear of either not being strong enough, or of personal damage. With her though... He's not sure if he noticed any of that. It was a clear follow-through he believes.

Its obvious that they're hiding something, well at least Helena in any case. Why though? Alec isn't a fan of people hiding things from him, seems to make them seem untrustworthy. His thoughts drifted to the salve however. Perhaps they do have a good reason though... If they don't want to tell him now he won't force the issue he supposes. At least for now. His moment of contemplation up, he sighs and shrugs. He tries to bring the subject to a different page. "Has no one used the kitchen? Besides the microwave?" His voiced contained humor in it, as from what he had seen they haven't. The idea of that is a funny one to him, he figured it would of been at least broken in by now.

[No surprise, Alec's not exactly a big talker. Or thinker to be honest, he doesn't really plan that far beyond the now, and won't typically notice a problem unless its bothered/stood out to him.]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:23:00 pm by Xanmyral »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2013, 12:38:13 am »

"No smoke grenades, I take it? Ah well..." Jessica checks over her new weapons. "These are fine... I have a few problems with the uniform, though. It's a bit heavy, and I'd prefer more mobility over the extra protection. If you don't mind," She pulls out her knife, "I'd like to make a few 'modifications' before we get out in the field."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2013, 06:08:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Not true!" Tommy said, jokingly. "The fridge makes a great garbage disposal, and can even be used as a picture board!"

Helena and Tommy start to play a new game, but a small alarm goes off on Tommy's green eyepiece in his pocket. "Ah, comon' Helena, we have to get our weapons ready. See ya later, Alec!" Tommy says, as he and Helena go skipping out the door, Tommy picking up his larger guns, having his pistol holstered, in one swift motion as they leave the room.

Anything else you want to do during cool down?

----------------------

Drake waves you with the "go ahead" sign. "Yeah, we don't use smoke grenades much ourselves. Too situational, the space can be used for frag grenades. Go ahead, though most people think it better to be covered in Kevlar." he then took a bite of the barbequed shrimp himself, before continuing, "I can get some for the next mission, though for now you will have to go without. "

What modifications do you want to do?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2013, 07:36:08 pm »

Alec cracked a grin at Tommy's comment. Well, him being the only one to cook thing seems to be one of the many surprises this place pulls over him. He watched them play the game for a bit, then nodding and giving a farewell gesture when they departed. His mind briefly drifted to the guy on the picture, the one of the team. What happened to him? Alec wonders if he really wants to know. Maybe he was just transferred to another group.

Either way, Alec pondered if he should perhaps check out the library, or maybe work on the range again, or find a gym... But for right now he wanted to enjoy the down time while he has it. He checks to see if there is a vent in the room, and fishes out a cigaret and his lighter. Lighting it, he tries to see if there was a remote for the television, and if so attempts to find the news. Hearing a bit about the outside world would be interesting, see how things are fairing.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2013, 07:49:40 pm »

Jessica nods as she begins cutting off the sleeves at the shoulders, revealing a hoodie underneath. "Frags aren't really my style." She cuts off a few inches of pant-leg, wearing her running shoes in place of boots. "Too... Noisy." Finally, she cuts the fingers off her gloves for added dexterity. "Alright, I'm ready to go whenever you need me."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:19:48 am by AlleeCat »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2013, 08:37:01 pm »

Take them out from here. I'm vulnerable to return fire anyway, and here at least, I have cover, and theycan't use their strength or explosiveness against me.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 24, 2013, 10:15:46 pm »

You find a vent in the top of the room and start smoking, the smoke being pulled to the vent, as you turn on the TV. The number of news channels had doubled since the troubles started, now split in two groups. One group focuses on mundane news like before, the second focuses on Freak activities. Of course the two have a lot of overlap, the mundane news often ends up relating to the freaks.

When you first flick on the TV, there is a man talking swiftly about some random happenings. A long list of names come up the screen like credits for a movie, "Our brave Archangels. Died in the last twenty four hours.", followed by a longer list "Innocents lost", of civilian casualties. You change the channel, to a mundane station. It was showing a debate in the U.S, two men where debating on the foreign policy, focusing on weather America should send troops to assist other nations or have them all stationed in America. You flip the channel again, noticing a movie "The Candle of Hope", an incredibly high-budget recruitment movie by the Archangels using several famous actors and screened for free wherever they can fit it. You flip the channel to another news station, this one focusing on the recent phenomena of cults and magicians, warning the viewer of the potential negative side effects, and giving a number to call if you suspect a friend of illegal magic usage.

You check the time on the TV, finding you have an hour left of cooldown. Is there anything you want to do?

------------------------

You cut through your uniform, the strong armor difficult to cut, but you do mange it. Drake nodes, shrugging "Just wait a bit. We will be called any time now. Til then, just hang out here."

You wait, eating a few more of the shrimp, eating the same kinds of shrimp before, as well as some buttery shrimp, a raw shrimp that was much colder then the rest, and a shrimp puff filled with spices and vegetables of some kind. Eventually a loud alarm sounds, surprising you as everyone scramble's to get their weapons ready. Everyone picks up a gun of some sort, getting up and ready to do anything necessary. Drake runs to a laptop in the corner, speaking to it, though you can not hear what he is saying or see who he was talking to. He returns, everyone waiting for him to speak.

"A group of ninja has shown itself in Maine" Drake said, putting air quotes around the word "ninja". "Normally, we would ignore this, but the police had found several men poisoned to death, several more stabbed to death. The police had surrounded one, though he disappeared leaving a log in his place, making it our problem. They are defiantly Freaks, and they apparently have some connections to a cult. Any questions?"

Is there anything you want to do before fighting the Ninja?

------------------------

You get your pistol up and take aim at the one on the left, sending three bullets speeding down the hallway. He is to far to hit perfectly, but you manage to send the three bullets into his center of mass. Wood splinters fly everywhere as the bullets hit the brute, sending him stumbling temporarily as he crashes into the wall. You quickly fire a bullet at the two other brutes, missing one shot, but the other smashing into the brute's forehead, sending him falling to the ground as the bullet sticks in his head, a dent forming as if it had hit a steel plate. The brute left unharmed began to return fire, spraying his large gun at you in suppressing fire. Large bullets fly past you quicker then you can see, making the wall behind you explode with shrapnel.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 24, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »

Alec turned the TV off, deciding that perhaps watching the news was a mistake. He was hoping for there to be some cheerful news on, but he's not sure why he thought there would be. The world's changed, and not for the better. Seeing he only has an hour left, he finishes his cigaret and disposes of it, then heads outside the squad room.

Alec then tries to get his bearings and find the Gym, or gym-like equivalent this place would have within the hour, asking for directions if needed. Which he would probably need, he admits to himself. Alec ponders the possibility of this place having a map.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 25, 2013, 10:37:34 pm »

You snuff out your cigaret and leave the room, looking for people who don't look busy to ask if they know where the gym is. You ask several people who have no clue, and a few who point you in the general direction. You offer to assist several people in moving objects, in return for assistance getting to your location. After about half an hour, somebody finally knows where it is exactly, giving you directions that you swiftly follow. After going through the series of hallways, completely disoriented, you find the gym.

Much like the other facilities at archangel, it was large, with many people coming in and out double doors. You look through one of the doors yourself, only able to see part of the facility. Men and women dressed in exercise gear run on treadmills and other machines on one half, another half has men and women lifting waits and other arm-exercises with more machines. High-tech TVs jut out from the roof in some places, allowing the exercising patrons to watch. You enter the room, taking in the smell of sweat, and a hint of something else. Chlorine? Looking around, you find a pool room next to the arm exercise, leading into a large Olympic-style pool with men and women swimming. One one side, there was apparently a sweat house, with steam coming out of the doors as a pair of women entered. On the other side of the gym was less-high tech style exercises and more boot-camp style exercises, with large logs being carried around a muddy sandbox. There was also a large obstacle course, with several men and women running up walls, crawling along the ground, climbing ropes, jumping through tires and other such exercises, all in the muddy sandbox-style thing. On both sides there was a slight raise, making a box that keeps the mud in, a well used and effective hose and drain used to keep mud from tracing out onto the rest of the gym.

Looking at one of the television, you realize that you only have half an hour left. You could probably make it back in time, though you do have a little time if you want to do anything else. What do you want to do now?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 25, 2013, 10:51:41 pm »

"I'm ready when you are, Drake."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2013, 10:53:25 am »

Drake and the rest of the squad nodes. "Then....lets do this" he says, as he cocks his pistol. The group then nods, the sound of guns being loaded and readied fills the room. You remind yourself to load your own guns, putting the shells in the Benelli one by one and ending with a *chchink!*, the Berreta's clip sliding easily in. While the shotgun could be used as pump action, it had a switch that could turn it to semi-automatic, though a warning came from Rose. "Please try to keep the chamber empty and the safety on when the weapons are not in use." She said, smiling. "Safety first, after all." The squad then files into the back hallway, passing several doors as you open a large, steel that was sealed like the one when you first entered. It opened with a *whoosh* as air ran from the garage into the hallway.

The garage was smaller then the garage you had entered in initially, with a single helicopter the only thing that can be seen between the grey concrete walls and floor. The helicopter was small, it looked like a civilian helicopter that might be used for life flight or for traveling, with the Archangel logo on the side. A small steel step ladder extended from the open door, as the squad filed in uniniformly. You find an empty seat, next to Rose, with Hercules taking the driving seat and Pinkerton and Drake taking the seats behind you. Your seat is a strange and interesting cross between an airliner chair and a dentist's chair, a big chair that looks like it could fold down. After the squad files in, Hercules pushes a button on his council, causing the door to close as the helicopter started. You could see the roof open out the front of the helicopter, the two sides breaking apart like a clam, with glowing orange sides like part of a toaster. It was snowing heavily, but all the snow evaporated as it entered the building. The helicopter sputtered to life, flying out the open window and into the blizzard like snow. Everyone begins putting their weapons into a large bag next to their seats, with Rose assisting you and teaching you how to properly do it. The helicopter continues its journey for several more minutes, as the snow stops everyone puts on an X style seat belt, with Rose once again teaching you how to properly put it on, as they recline their chair to a lying-down position. A mask, like those used on jet planes, falls from the ceiling, with Rose for the third time teaching you how to properly put it on before putting her own on. You can't see anything through the mask. The helicopter suddenly shudders, as if it had been hit by a gust of wind, suddenly picking up a great amount of speed. This speed continues for several monotonous hours, ending when a second shudder causes your mask to pop off and stop giving oxygen. The rest of the squad was now removing their equipment from their bags and putting the seats back into proper positions. You look out the front window to see an average-looking town, with several normal looking houses on a road.

Drake begins to talk from his seat in the back, putting his foot on his chair and using it for a foot rest as his gun leans up against him. "Ah, before I forget, here is your communicator Cat" he said, handing you a black headset, "Itll help you communicate with the rest of the squad on missions. Now, down to business." he continues, clapping his gloved hands together. "We don't know a much about the Freaks or their capabilities, so we will have to go in careful. To avoid letting them escape, will will have to cover all the entrances, moving in and sweeping the place clean. So Hercules and I will take the main gate, Rose will guard the windows, and Pinkerton and the new girl move in the back gate. Any questions?"

Any questions?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 26, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »

Alec tries to remember how he got here, adding it to the list of places he knows in the facility. Just how huge is this place? Its like a domed city or something. He ponders how much such a constructional feat would cost, specially in such a place that's cold enough to need ice breakers to reach it. However, seeing as he only had half an hour left, he made his way back to base so as to be given enough time to be ready to go, and because he still felt rather bad for being late the last time.

Sure, it didn't amount to much, but its an annoyance to himself, as he would rather be on time to where he's supposed to be, specially in an important organization. His mind wondered slightly as to what mission could be up today, wondering if it would be harder, easier, or just different. Something always needed doing, else the death toll would be higher than it is, he figured thinking back on the report of deaths on the news.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 26, 2013, 01:15:12 pm »

You rush back to your room, getting lost three times, having someone point you in the correct direction each time. You burst through the cast iron door, noticing everyone waiting around, doing their standard nothing. You walk in and look at the oven through the door you never closed, seeing that you arrived three minutes early. The rest of the team greats you from their positions as you wait around for about an hour....

Suddenly, the alarm goes off again. The team goes scrambling around for their equipment, as they do their standard line up. "Jorogumo and Tsuchigumo have begun to show themselves in a subway station in Japan. They have apparently captured the subway, taking its human occupants hostage. The subway has been blocked off by the police forces in the area, but spider webs have made traveling difficult, meaning we will have to get them. Any questions?"

Is there anything you want for your next mission?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59:56 pm »

"Jorogumo? Tsuchigumo?" Alec tried his best to pronounce those words correctly the first time around, although doesn't doubt if he may of been off on some inflection here or improper enunciation there. He has no idea what either of those could be, although from the sounds of it, they have something to do with spiders.

Alec couldn't think of anything he'd need for this mission that would differ from the last: His gun, his hammer, some cigarets, a lighter, and the salve just in case.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 26, 2013, 02:29:39 pm »

Otonasi looks at you as he speaks. "Youkai. Giant spiders with the power to shapshift, powers over illusion, magical songs, and poison. They are known to eat humans, so we must hurry to the hostages. " The squad continues out to the hallway as Oto says one last thing "It is unlikely that this event is connected with the wizard, though if you find any evidence do not hesitate to bring it to me." as you file in the jetcopter. You quickly get more ammunition for your gun, as well as grabbing the salve, before you leave.

The jetcopter takes off as normal, and you find yourself in over Japan after a few hours of flight. There where several tall-well lit buildings with billboards and such under you, as you see the entrance to the subway blocked off by blue uniformed police officers.

"So here is the plan." Otonashi starts over the communicator, as he begins descending. "We must drive them away from the hostages in order to get a better chance to liberate them fully. Helena, David, and myself will go off in the helicopter to the other side, making a distraction. Alec and Tommy will stay behind, waiting several minutes for us to get into position. You two then move in, getting the hostages out your side. We will then sweep the rest of the tunnels. Tommy, you are the best shot, so you are the best to send if you end up in a fire fight near hostages. Alec can hold the line if necessary, making him the best to send in second. Is there any questions?"

Any questions?

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43