- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28222 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #285 on: April 14, 2013, 11:28:47 am »

Patricia starts making grits, and looks around for some vodka and milk. "Any of you want some?" She calls back.

((Grits is southern.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 14, 2013, 12:12:24 pm »

Finding the library, Alec couldn't help but be a little awed at its scale, happy to see that this place actually does have such a thing. He figured as much, but was starting to get worried when the first few people had no idea. Everything here is huge, it seems as well. How much did it cost to build all of this? How many people must they hire just to keep it in good repair and shape? Its much less a military base and more a city. He was about to ask a librarian something, but noticing the time quickly made his way back to his team's room.

Arriving there, he apologies for his tardiness and gathers his gear quickly and making sure everything is well and down pat. If no one is looking and he has time, he retrieves the salve. Alec knows that when he'd need it, it would be on a mission. However he hopes he wouldn't.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 14, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You look harder, finding the ingredients for grits (whatever that is), and making them while the bacon continues to cook. You offer the grits to the others, but they refuse, saying they had already eaten. The twins soon leave once again, saying they are going to meet a friend at the range, while Goldman and Colt continue to look through the book.

You serve yourself the bacon and grits, finding a plate and silverware nearby. The bacon tastes good and well-seasoned with pepper and other spices you can't identify right way. The grits tastes like grits. You finish your meal, with no one disturbing you. You feel full now, after the good meal.

Anything else you want to do during cool down?

---------------------

You apologize for being late, as you gather your gear. No one seems to be too angry, and most everyone is sitting around, fiddling with gear or playing video games. You get your matchbox full of sale and put it back in your combat pocket, ready for emergency use. You then go over all your equipment, making sure everything is working. It isn't for an hour after you arrive that the alarm sounds, as everyone rushes to line up. You join them, standing in a line with Otonashi in front of you, arm behind his back.

"A Barrow Wright has appeared in France. A large graveyard in a small town, with several hundred undead from the burial practices. This may be connected to the last event, please do look for any hints that may point that way. If this is the case, our nemesis may be more powerful then I had first imagined. Bullets will be able to do the job, the helicopter can keep the field, but we will have to send men into the catacombs in order to find the Wrights. Any issues are questions before we leave?"

Anything you want to get for the next mission?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 14, 2013, 04:05:41 pm »

Alec is putting the finishing touches on his arranged gear, making sure everything is where he could get at it easily, when he heard the alarm. He quickly rushed out and lined up with the others, making an attempt to stand at attention as the Commander, Otonashi, spoke.

A barrow wright? Blast, another thing he's fuzzy on... Some kind of undead thing, if he remembers? Apparently with a small army behind it either way. Several hundred undead, well. That can't be good. Alec contemplates if it would be like zombies in movies, or maybe more of the magic-ey undead he's seen in some fantasy books and games. Wait, wrights? Plural? "How many Wrights?" Seems this mission would be harder than the last, but Alec is feeling up for it. He has no other equipment he wishes to requisition. After a bit of thought, he comes up with another question. "Demo the catacombs?" Why bother going in if you can just bring the roof down on them? Might not get all of them though...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:07:16 pm by Xanmyral »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 14, 2013, 04:15:37 pm »

"In theory, there is at least one. If my assumption is correct and our wizard is a necromancer, it will likely mean that there is one powerful one running the rest, or multiple weaker ones. As for the catacombs, they are solidly made stone underground structures and are practically a bunker. We could get one down with a bomber, but all our bombers are currently occupied with other things. So unless you would prefer to fight a leviathan, we are going to have to go in."

Any other questions before the mission?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 14, 2013, 04:16:46 pm »

((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits))

Have something to drink, then see if I can get some more sleep.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 14, 2013, 04:35:09 pm »

[Funny thing, I'm actually fighting one in another game.]

Alec nodded, having no other questions. Seems we'll have to do this the hard way.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 14, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

Name: Patricia Garfien
Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, hatchet, (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock(15),  Glock magazine (3), double barreled shotgun, HELLFIRE shells (5), shotgun shells (30), contacts,  Glasses case
HP: 11
Stats:
Int: 9
Str: 11
Agi: 10
Skills: General Medic(3), Small Arms (3), Shotgun (2), Sub-machine gun (2)
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Perks: Excellent bedside manner.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

-------------------------------

You wash your meal down with what you can find, either water, whiskey, or milk. You then return to your room and sleep, easily falling asleep in your bed. You wake up a few hours later to the sounds of alarms, as you scramble to find out what is going on. Scout is heading out of the hallway and you ask him. "Cultists. The same ones from before, if I am correct." Scout says, as he walks. "Oh. And...thanks" he continues, stopping in the middle of the hallway to look back at you before continuing. You quickly gather ammunition, as you go out to the main hallway. "The cultists are back." Goldman said, tiredly. He apparently, still has not gotten any sleep.

Is there anything you want to fight the cultists with?

-----------------------

---------------------------------------

Huh. Well we will have to see who does it better now, won't we?

------------------------------------------------------------

The troops search around for extra equipment. Helena comes out with what looks like a backpack, though that is all you notice in the rush to make sure you have all your own equipment. The troops then file into the helicopter and lift off, the same procedure as last time. You were careful to make sure your salve in your pocket was not crushed by the tight seat belts, as the plane shuddered to high speeds.

Several hours later, the helicopter shudders, slowing down once again, allowing you to move a bit. You look around. It must be mid day, but it is dark  out, with a light rain dusting the small, hilled town you are flying over. You look down even more, noticing a makeshift barricade, military sandbags and barbed wire in a tall wall a long way away from the graveyard. The actual graveyard itself was a horrible sight, at this distance all you could see is what looks to be a large crowd of people, like what you would see at a concert. Otonashi, while driving the helicopter, begins to go over the the plan.

"We can not stop." He began, "If we were to land, our jetcopter would be over run. Instead, we will do a flyover with Tommy on the gun. That will make a large enough opening for you to enter the catacombs. Helena, David, and Alec, we need you to jump, using the low-altitude deployment pack Helena has brought. You will have to do a little fighting to get in, even if we gun them all down more will appear from the graves. Once you enter the catacombs, David will have to watch the opening. Helena and Alec will continue into the opening, Alec providing fire support when needed, and if necessary block the entrance as well. We will continue to fly over in an attempt to limit the amount getting in, though you can not rely on it entirely. Once you defeat the Barrow Wright, the rest of the undead should fall, in the case there is more then one the undead it controls will fall. Any questions?"

Any questions?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2013, 06:03:07 pm »

Patricia grabs the submachine gun, leaving the shotgun behind. "Do we have any explosive bullets? I think if we're going up against these guys again they'll be a bit more useful. Or armor-piercing?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 14, 2013, 06:39:21 pm »

You grab a submachine gun, leaving the shotgun behind, picking up an interesting looking gun with a pistol handle, it looks kind of like someone took a pistol and added metal to the top. It is a bit heavier then your normal pistol, but the twins had taught you how to use it effectively. Artemis was walking down the hallway, getting her own equipment, when you ask her about the bullets. "For the PP-19 Bizon? All we have is Russian overpressure bullets..." she answers, pointing to your gun. "They have good steel pierce and are light weight, they should probably work well." She states, as she walks over to a metal box and hands you some ammo, putting it in your gun in the interesting magazine that goes along the barrel. You take it, testing out the folding stock, as you think of anything else you want to bring.

Anything else you want to do before the next mission?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2013, 06:48:09 pm »

Not really. A lighter.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2013, 08:56:19 pm »

[I'm pretty sure I'm going to die horribly in that fight, but time will tell. Going by the adage of "throw enough anti-matter at it and it will go away." I don't think that will work very well though.]

Alec watched the town from above in the flying jet-copter. They must of been through a lot of hell. He turns his attention back to Oto when he starts to speak, listening with an impassive face. So, seems he has to head into the catacombs, have David try and hold off the entrance while Tommie and Oto blast however many they can, while he and Helena try to kill the wright. Alright, simple enough. "Good." Alec spoke over the comm. This will be interesting, to say the least, but that doesn't put down the gnawing sense of dread he's feeling. There's a lot of them, and only a few of us. What if... He tries to calm his jittery nerves by paying attention to what he should be doing than what might happen.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 14, 2013, 09:42:20 pm »

You quickly grab a lighter as you go out to the jet copter jetcopter with the others, quickly starting your journey. A few hours later, the plane shudders as it slows down. Looking out, it looks the you are going to an average house on a ranch. It was pretty big and wooden, but other then that it was pretty unassuming. "We don't know much of what lies ahead." Goldman says, a little more awake. Charlie had driven the jetcopter here allowing Goldman to sleep the ride, somehow he managed to do so even at those speeds. "We will go in together, search the place, and destroy everyone for good this time. Land the jetcopter there." He continues, as the copter goes to the landing. Everyone grabs their weapons and files out, heading to the door in the awkward combat position. By the time you get to the door, you are pretty much a line, and enter as such with the twins in first. You all file in and look around.

The house is empty, but not particularly eerily so, it was as if someone moved away and the house had been left alone. There were many rooms, all empty, but the light bulbs were left in and you could see just fine. Cobwebs, some really large, had taken root in the corners of one room. Maybe it had been a false lead? You continue down a hallway, when suddenly you hear a noise.

The two walls, in front of you and on your left, had creaked a little bit, something that happens a lot in an old house, but it sounded as if a hinge had been lose. Everyone else is in another room, searching for themselves. It is probably nothing, and might waste your time searching, but do you want to search the walls?

------------------

Otonashi nods, putting his hat over his face and pulling up in a little salute as the helicopter shudders a little, a door opening and a large turret gun sliding into place, like a puzzle. Tommy got up and put on his green eyepiece, pushing a button as he takes the gun and begins firing. Down below, you can now see the undead more clearly.

They where a horrible sight, it was an old grave, meaning that many had rotten away almost completely, leaving browned bones walking. Some were more fresh, newly rotting, with the smell of death reaching all the way up to the helicopter as you continue to look below. Tommy's gun spat bullets, crashing below and tearing apart undead as if he had run your sledge hammer into the wall, sending rotten body parts flying to the ground, and making a small path of destroyed earth and corpses. The copter quickly turns around 360 degrees as you, David, and Helena quickly get up, holding hands in a circle with Helena wearing the backpack, jump out of the jetcopter. You scarcly hear the "gogogo!" From Tommy as he adjusts his aim. You fall, in a star shape with the other two squadmates holding you in a death grip, for seconds before the pack on Helena's back opens with a *twink WOOSH*, causing a drastic loss of speed and Helena holding both of you up, as several parachutes launched from her back. You saw a circle one, one shaped like a wing, and a larger square one above her, and below her launched a thick sort of bouncy-house like material. You think you saw something like it on a picture of the new mars rover. You take a second to notice how strong Helena is, holding the two of you easily and you quickly descend. The landing is still hard, as you quickly hit the pillow like landing gear, an arm, bone more like it, had grabbed between the seems, feeling around and grabbing your leg. Even through the bullet-resistant uniform, you felt its chill, as David quickly shot it. It hung on your leg a second before falling, as you and the rest of the squad get up.

"Veresk don't fail me now!" Helena says happily, as she pulls out two pistol-like guns from holsters on her hip, smiling toothily. One of Tommy's comments during your training comes to mind, when he half-jokingly told you that you would need super strength to wield even two pistols accurately, but insisted that you could wield two machine guns. Helena fired the guns in bursts, apparently easily controlling them as she shot some undead that had been ganging up on your landing zone. The group quickly gets up and starts running on the path Tommy had cleared, crunching the bones of corpses as they run, you on the side. The smell gets worse every step you get, undead being only a few feet away being driven off by your two squad mates as you run. Once, you saw David stand on a legless corpse that grabbed him with both hands, making him stumble temporarily before he shot it in the head, breaking off his arms as he ran. As the whole army of undead seemed to get closer and closer, you finally make it to the small stone gate of the catacombs. It had been built into the hill, a thick stone entrance into a stone hole in the ground. As you enter, Tommy begins opening fire, now that you are out of the way he can shoot again. The same reason why you had avoided firing, you were told that the ones on the side are the ones you have to watch and the faster people would hit them better, the ones behind would just be a waste of ammo. The guns mow down the disgusting corpses like grass, as you notice more bones with dots of flesh rising out of rectangular holes in the ground.

While you enter the catacombs, your demolitionist training kicks in, and you notice a structural weak point in the gate. You may be able to take it down in just a few minutes with your sledge hammer. This could break down the gate over the entrance, keeping some undead out, and helping David with his task. Of course this will make it harder for you and your squad to get out, which could cost you your life if you are in a hurry. Besides that, you are not sure it would work, and could just waste time that could be used to hunt the Barrow Write.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2013, 10:34:18 pm »

Death. Death was the best way to describe the scene unfolding around him. Grasping arms of long dead bone and flesh, dried, ancient blood speckling a few with colors of rust on their decaying bodies. The roar of a gun mean to take down titans of metal that shriek with shells of gunpowder, turning the many jerking, moving bodies into dust and still twitching piles of rotted corpses. Everything seemed to pass in a flash to Alec.

One moment he was checking his gear one last time hurried as he heard the gun wind up, then the jump out of the jetcopter. He felt the air push against his frame, trying to push him back into the sky as gravity sent him plummeting towards the earth. Then it went dark.

Next he was falling out of the air, clutching onto Helena as her strange parachute kicks into life, Helena herself surprising Alec with her strength to hold both himself and David without too much fault. He wondered how she could be as strong as she is, unassuming as she is. The landing wasn't as bad as he thought, although he felt a chill on his leg, the grasp of death itself. A crack of a shot from David, some words from Helena, then her firing with her two pistols. She is stronger than she looks, it seems. Then it went dark.

Next he was running for his life, his legs working like an oiled machine to push him further and further with the squad, to reach possibly safety, no, nothing is safe here, not now. Maybe before, when it was nothing more than a place to pay respects to the long departed, a place of solemn reverence to the dead, but now it houses nothing but the restless. But it didn't go dark. The gun kicked in again as they were about to reach the catacombs, shredding more of the restless, grasping death. Soon the sounds were muffled slightly as they raced inside.

From there, Alec noticed something useful. A weakness in the gate. A crack here, some bits seemingly gravel like there, pores a bit too open than they should be for the old, weathered stone, rusted metal. All small things that told him one thing, this wall could break if given the right amount of force for a time. He could bring the gate over the entrance, making it harder to get in... But also out. Would that be a risk worth taking? He has no doubt about David's abilities but... There are a lot of them. More than he has bullets, assuredly. More than he has time to shoot, if they all decide to rush him in some attempt to defend their master. It could trap them all in there however... But they would be trapped anyway if David were to fail. Its a risk he's willing to take. "Stand back." With a heft of his hammer, he brings it towards the weak spot.

For a moment, he could feel the summer sun shining down on him, the chatter of the other workers talking about who's sport team was in the lead in an event, bets being laid down for lunch items, a  muffled laugh from a raunchy joke told in hushed tones. The smell of broken gypsum and concrete, the faint beeping of construction machinery in the background. Alec missed his old job... But as the world changes, so too shall you.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2013, 07:41:26 pm »

Patricia walks through the old house, pistol in hand, carefully looking around the rooms she entered. She hadn't expected to hear anything though, especially in a house as empty as this... She might have normally ignored it, but this was the second time against the same people, and they really ought to make sure they were gone...so she carefully strode, pistol in one hand, to the corner, and began her search, using the lighter to look for hidden drafts like on the tv shows.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43