- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28219 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG *NEW PLAYERS WELCOME*
« Reply #255 on: April 08, 2013, 11:24:01 pm »

Ta-Ta-Ta, the Shrike sounded as Alec tried to get a handle on it as ten bullets spewed out of it. Some hit, most didn't. He once again mentally chastised himself for not practicing with it before live combat. Another bright flash, and another werewolf blinded. Before the flash though, Alec caught sight of David firing down the tunnel. Seems the two were close at hand. He felt his pace quickening, the familiar adrenal rush, the focus.

Alec couldn't fire at the Alpha, not with Otonashi so close. He doesn't trust his aim. He couldn't go to help him, else that would leave David on his own against the two. Focus is an interesting thing, helps strike down the nonviables. Alec hurried himself to a position where he could effectively see both of the oncoming werewolves. From there, he sees two paths in front of him that he could take...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2013, 07:35:18 pm »

"On the ground, Cowboy!" the woman yells as she dives.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2013, 10:15:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You look down the tunnel, using your limited light to see that they are somewhat far down. You take position in front of the cave, spewing bullets out of the gun as fast as you can. Twenty bullets fly out of your gun, but do to your lack of training and light, as well as the growing kick of the gun causing you to practically spray bullets down the hallway the best you can, the flash giving you a little bit of light, allowing you to see a few hits as you slow their run. David takes up position where he was to start with, firing his gun from the side. He also seems to be limited by the light, but scores several more hits then you do. It seems your greatest effect was slowing the werewolves down greatly. They are almost out of the tunnel now, continuing to rush toward you.

Behind you, Otonashi is fighting the large werewolf, dodging behind the spikes as the werewolf smashes into them as if they were nothing, firing his pistol at the werewolf as he dances with it. He doesn't seem to have the underhand, but he doesn't look anything like he is about to win. The light continues to dance as he moves around, his every turn changing the layout of the room.

What do you do now?

---------------------------------------

Name: Patricia Garfien
Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, hatchet, (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (3), double barreled shotgun, HELLFIRE shells (4), shotgun shells (26), grenade (1),   Glasses case
HP: 11
Stats:
Int: 9
Str: 11
Agi: 10
Skills: General Medic(3), Small Arms (3), Shotgun (2), Sub-machine gun (2)
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Perks: Excellent bedside manner.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

-------------------------------

The cowboy looks around confused as he does the same, slamming against the ground. You dive first, landing hard on the cement floor, though nothing is damaged. The guns of your squad mates all light up, sweeping the room and knocking the rest of the shelves over. All kinds of objects were torn apart and thrown to the ground as an impressive amount of gunfire filled the room, as if someone had swept a sword over the room. The Nazi sees what is going on, and duck and covers himself, after the firing starts. Within no time, another quarter of the room is taken out. The twins and Goldman duck out of the room to reload once, though Charlie lets out a continues burst of fire from his large gun, getting on his knees, apparently for stability.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2013, 10:55:12 pm »

Flashing bursts of light as twenty bullets whirled out of his gun in screaming report, most missing their mark but some hitting their intended targets as well as harrying the charging foes. Alec cursed to himself, but he at least hit a few and slowed then down none the less. But now they near, almost here, that won't do. Won't do at all.

Alec growled to himself, pledging to both get a light attachment for his Shrike, and to also train. A lot. But that's not here nor there for now, more important business is at hand. "Help Oto." Alec said as calmly as he could muster over the comm to David. Oto needs the help more than he does, one can only dodge for so long and he doubts Oto could take many hits from such a thing. David is a better shot anyway, with Alec's aim he's afraid to clip Oto with a bullet. "Now." Without checking for a response from David, Alec moves to try and block the entrance with himself, spraying more bullets down the tunnel at the two werewolves. Let them come, he'll be waiting.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2013, 10:12:13 pm »

You move in front of the door, attempting to block the entrance, as you spray bullets down the barley lit hallway. David simply gave a half shrug and turned around, firing a few bullets at the Alpha and scratching him a bit. You try to keep your gun steady as fifteen more bullets fly out, your belt feeding your gun as flashes fill the tunnel once more, a few more bullets making their targets, many more missing, as you slow down the advancing werewolves. Behind you, the alpha turns to face David, as Otanashi pulls out a round grenade from behind his back, letting it lie in his hand for a few moments before he throws it to the top of the cave high above you, exploding once it reached the top with a defining noise. The explosion knocks off a large spike, causing it to fall and hit the alpha, crumbling as it does so and pinning him to the floor.

David and Otonashi now look toward your direction, now illuminating the hallway. You can see the blood-stained werewolves continue to jog down the hallway, getting continuously closer. Now that the light was directly on the werewolves, and they are closer, the whole squad opens fire, including yourself, knocking down the werewolves and turning them into pelt-covered corpses as the bullets cut them down.

What do you do now?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2013, 01:11:56 am »

More bullets rattle the tunnel with their shriek from the Shrike, some hitting the oncoming werewolves, most hitting the walls. Even through that though, harried as they are, they keep coming much to Alec's annoyance and worriment. He was aware, painfully so with his ears, of an explosion behind him, but didn't turn to look, only hoping that it was in their favor than not. Ears ringing, he noticed Oto's light showing the enemies in the tunnel could only mean one thing, the Alpha has been put out of the fight somehow. Probably with the explosive, he guessed as much.

Alec sighed, giving a final look at the corpses in the tunnel to check for any movement before turning his attention to Oto, David, and what befell of the Alpha. Seeing them relatively unharmed, he checked on the Alpha seeing him trapped prone under rock. He trained his Shrike on the trapped Alpha, speaking to David and Oto as he does such. "Knock unconscious?" His finger is off the trigger, resting on the trigger guard instead, waiting to see what David or Oto will do to attempt to restrain the Alpha. He'll offer any help in any way that is needed in knocking out or otherwise restraining the Alpha.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2013, 08:00:29 pm »

Hatchet out, tackle the nazi. Let's cut his head off!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2013, 11:19:35 am »

"No." Otonashi says, as he pulls something from behind his back. "Just get ready. Ill put this pill in his mouth and he will revert back, for less then a second. David, grab the cloak and pull it off. Alec, restrain him. Even if we remove the cloak, the salve may be able to give him enough strength to tear an arm off, be prepared for the worst."

Otonashi takes the pill, a purple capsule, and puts it into the half-dazed alpha's mouth. He shudders for a second, vibrating the rocks over him, as David rushes to pull at his hair. In under a second, David raises the cloak, larger then the rest, leaving a man in its place. Strangely, it was a frail old man, with hardly any muscle on his bones and gray hair. You pick him up as ordered, holding him in a kind of nelson hold, as Otonashi begins his interrogation.

Otonashi pulls out his gun and cocks it, probably for intimidation effect, as he puts it to the man's chin. The man growled, as if he was still a wolf, as he spewed out insane comments. "He told me you would come! The world is ending, can't you see that! I was just trying to let my family survive!" He said, with a surprisingly deep and growling voice. Otonashi ignores him.

"I only need to know one thing. This form of transformation is typically a wizard skill. Who had given you the transformation ability" Otonashi said, putting the gun closer. "NEVER!" The old man replied. In a sudden burst of strength, coupled with his skin being coated in some kind of salve, he slipped out of your grasp and began running on all fours, heading toward the corpse and the cloak. Otonashi went to fire, but his gun was unloaded. Three bursts of fire came from David's gun and the man falls to the ground, never to move again. "Damn it!" said David, as he slams the cloak he was holding to the ground.

"It seems our interrogation proved futile. All we must do now is clean up. Gather all the cloaks for burning, use them like a towel to wipe off all the salve, the townspeople will take care of the bodies." Otonashi said, as he reloads his gun.

You start the gruesome job of cleaning the Freaks. You mostly watch, David and Otonashi seem skilled at this and don't need your assistance much. But for a second, a strange thought goes into your head. You could probably find their salve, and a cloak, to use them for yourself. You apparently keep in control of yourself during the transformation, after all, and if you get even more strength, there is no telling what you could do! But of course there might be negative side effects....

Other then that, is there anything you want to do before you leave?
---------------------------------

And there is your first adventure. Made it a little more obvious that you have an overarching plot, rewrote some parts to avoid PSTD on your character on his first mission (Originally, I had envisioned the former-alpha ripping his own arm off to get away from you, justifying shooting him a bit more, but decided that was a bit dark), overall I think it went well.

------------------------------------

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, hatchet, (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (3), double barreled shotgun, HELLFIRE shells (4), shotgun shells (26), grenade (1),   Glasses case
HP: 10
Stats:
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

You pull out your hatchet and jump at the Nazi, who is currently lying on the ground from the last round of fire. The moving cement goes to shield him, but the cowboy fires at the Nazi, causing it to shield him and giving you an opening. You easily get on top of the Nazi, swinging down and directly hitting him in the neck. A jolt goes up your arm as you hit him, it was like you had hit a metal bar. Unfettered, you swing once again, twice again, putting all your strength into hits as sparks fly from the Nazi. Every hit bends his head a little more to the side, as the smile is wiped from the Nazi's face, ending with his head at shoulder level.

Somehow, the Nazi punches you, and it feels as if you had been pistol-whipped. Your suit takes a lot of the impact, but it is enough to get you distracted, allowing the Nazi to escape. He swiftly gets up, running like a drunk man, as he pops through an emergency door in the back, causing an alarm to sound, before anyone can do anything about it.

The cement quickly surrounds you in a shell, as you see several items come close to you. It looks like the objects are planning to trap you then simply impale you when you can not move. What do you do now?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2013, 11:48:13 am »

Swing at the items coming close. Get out my pistol and be ready to shoot them or the cement if I think it might give me an opening. "Darn you I won already! Let me go!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2013, 12:07:25 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, hatchet, (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock(13),  Glock magazine (2), double barreled shotgun, HELLFIRE shells (4), shotgun shells (26), grenade (1),   Glasses case
Stats:

You ready your glock and prepare for the items. Suddenly, items burst through, a chair leg busted through the cement and crashed next to you like a spear. You shoot it when it hits the ground, causing it to splinter as it breaks in half. A second item came flying through, a pot. It was much slower and you managed to hit it as it entered the cement, causing it to shatter into clay shards.

A large anvil flies through the cement like a bullet, flinging cement everywhere as it smashes into the wall, flying past your head. The opening is much larger then typical, and you take the opportunity to jump through it, once out sending a bullet into the stuck anvil, chipping it. The smoke had died down as had the fire, and the other squad members had removed their masks and were now firing normal, aimed shots into the room, helping you to finish off the remaining items.

All that seems to remain is the cement beast, which now starts moving toward you like a snake, zinging and zagging along the lines, heading straight toward you. What do you do now?

--------------------

I couldn't remember how much your glocks had per magazine, so I hope I guessed right at 15.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2013, 12:29:18 pm »

"Block this."

Grenade out!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2013, 12:49:34 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, hatchet, (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock(13),  Glock magazine (2), double barreled shotgun, HELLFIRE shells (4), shotgun shells (26),    Glasses case
Stats:

You throw your grenade directly at the cement, as the cement absorbs it like a puddle. The grenade then explodes, sending fragments of cement flying everywhere, leaving only a splatter were the beast once was.

You look around the destroyed room to see objects lying everywhere in pieces, the ashes from the Hellfire round are still visible on the ground with some things they set on fire, and bullet casings littered the ground. The squad walked in, looking around themselves in combat positions at first, later relaxing into a less combat position.

"I don't know who the Nazi was..." Goldman started, "But I wish I could have shot him. The cops should get him, I don't think he can escape easily....Ah, were is my composer. We destroyed a lot of artifacts today." "In this museum? I would be surprised if there was two true artifacts." Charlie said, "Most the stuff we saw was reconstructions. Or heavily modified, the real stuff is probably in the bigger museum elsewhere."

Artemis and Apollo, looking at you while pointing their guns down, spoke as well. "Who is the cowboy?" Apollo asked, pointing while asking. "Is he a Freak?" "I...I don't know..." Replied the cowboy, nervously. "I ...ain't got a clue who I am. I ain't got a clue what I am doing here." You give a brief explanation of how you met the cowboy and how he helped you.

"Well what do we do with him then?" Apollo asked. "We could probably just let him leave, not much he could do. He is on our side anyway" "To dangerous." Charlie said, half readying his weapon. "We need to keep him watched. I say we either take him with us or kill him, just to be safe."

What do you suggest you do with the cowboy?

And, is there anything you want to do before you leave?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2013, 01:24:09 pm »

[Hey man, don't pull the punches if you don't want to. I give full authority for you to go full on darker than dark on me if you so choose, I have a weakness for the more morbid or dark fairy tales. Unseelie and such. Nothing like a good shiver down the spine to waken one up after all. Heck, if anything I'm surprised no one got hurt in this mission. Lucky rolls perhaps? How does combat work anyhow? Apologies for the length, didn't realize it got this long until I had written it.]

Alec nods at Oto, and watches the flurry of movement of Otonashi popping the pill into the Freak's mouth, and David yanking the cloak away. Alec was taken aback to see that the large Alpha was in fact an old man, pausing for almost a second before restraining him quickly in a pseudo-nelson. He watched Oto nervously when he cocked his gun. Its one thing to kill a Freak, but this guy... Well, he's old. If it wasn't for the situation, Alec wouldn't of conceived that this man might of been that hulking alpha from a while ago.

Then the old man spoke, more growled and yelled he supposed. Someone warned them of us? The world is ending? Things seem fine, besides the Freaks, what in the world is he talking about? Wizard skill? Wait, someone gave them this transformation? Questions swirled around in Alec's head, but shook them from his skull. There were more important things at hand for now, but the lapse in concentration was all that was needed. With a surge of strength Alec would never of guessed from such an old man, he broke from Alec's grasp.

-Click- Oto's gun was unloaded. Alec didn't know whether to feel happy about such a revelation that Oto never planned to kill the man, or annoyed now that the man was darting towards a cloak and salve to try and reform. *CRACK* David's gun was much less unloaded. Alec understood though, because he looked like an old man he had underestimated him, forgetting what he actually was. He shook his head. Need to focus more. Alec dug out a cig and his lighter, letting his Shrike at rest as he lit the cancerstick. This first mission could of gone worse, he supposed.

Alec did what he could to help Oto and David with cleanup, but a thought plagued his mind. That old man, he was strong, strong enough that Alec doesn't have a doubt that he could probably of matched himself in strength. How did he get so strong? He looked frail, small, yet there was strength. Oto mentioned something about the salve before... Could that of been it? Would the others notice if he bummed a cloak and salve? Would he even want to take some? Alec shook his head softly to himself. No... The alpha, the others, they all seemed feral. They may have their personalities, but it seems they are missing their minds. But if he could have that kind of strength, how many more could Alec help? The thought weighed heavily on his mind. "I'll check ahead." Alec called over the comms to David and Oto, meaning the tunnel that the alpha and the other two Freaks came out of. There may be more, perhaps, or captives, or something. Its the Alpha's room, he guessed, so it must have something in there. The salve was still on the back of his mind... What if he just used the salve...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2013, 01:51:47 pm »

You did get decent rolls, though I can't exactly kill anyone off on the first mission unless you did something incredibly stupid. Combat is a house-rule system loosely based on GURPS, you tell me the action you want to do and I roll a (virtual) 6 sided die. I then take your skill into account and other factors, like the lack of light, and decide the damage the action will do based on the dice roll. 1 being a critical success, 6 being a critical failure, you consistently rolled medium numbers.

------------------------------------

You enter the room and look around. It was a large cave, with bones lying around on the floor. There was a crack in the top of the room, letting in a sliver of sunlight, allowing you to see a little, though it is still dark in the room. You found what was apparently their bed, a patted-down dirt floor with some leaves in a large circle, apparently for the Alpha. You keep looking, finding a smaller cave that is apparently their storage. The stench of rotting meat mixes with the smell of your glowing cigaret, as you enter a dark room. Deer and cattle lie on the floor, as you look around for anything that might be interesting.

Then, in the corner of the room past a sheep corpse, you see a small pot next to a wooden stick with some wolf pelts on it. You go over to investigate in the limited light, finding the pot filled with the salve. It is large, but you could probably take the whole thing, even if you want to keep it hidden.

Do you take the salve?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2013, 02:08:29 pm »

[Ah, GURPS. I only have a passing familiarity with it, and tend to get it mixed up with Traveler a bit, nice system choice as a base though none-the-less.]

There was a crunch underfoot as Alec entered the room, discovering the bones on the floor by accidentally stepping on one. He only hoped they weren't human. The crack in the ceiling let in light in the room, enough that he could spot the basics. Again he reminds himself that he needs to carry a flashlight with him. Spying a smaller cave, Alec entered. He covered his nose with a free hand, not enjoying the horrid smell of decayed meat and flesh. Well, seems they probably would of died to disease anyway even if they didn't go there, how old is this? He idly wondered if there were indeed some out, catching more food, but pushed the thought away for now and turned his attention to his new discovery.

More salve and some wolf pelts. He disregarded the pelts, noting in his mind to burn them later. But the salve was different. There was a lot of it, but should he take some? Alec looked behind him, towards the entrance to the small cave trying to see if anyone was watching. Should he...? This might make him stronger, so he could help more people, but the commander did say to burn it with the pelts... Maybe just a little wouldn't hurt, surely? Keep it for a rainy day, maybe? Never know when a boost in strength could help... Alec does what he can to obtain a small amount of the salve, just enough for maybe one or two uses, without getting it on himself, and hides it the best he can. Afterwards, once he deems it hidden enough, he uses the comms. "Storeroom: more pelts and salve. Nothing else."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43