- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28211 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2013, 09:39:02 pm »

Throw the grenade over, hack a tentacle, try and use another one to run and jump into the circle with the guy. He will die.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2013, 09:34:01 pm »

Name: Patricia Garfien
Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 44 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (1),  Glasses case
HP: 11
Stats:
Int: 9
Str: 11
Agi: 10
Skills: General Medic(3), Small Arms (3)
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Perks: Excellent bedside manner.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

------------------

You throw a grenade at the man, but it is blocked by part of the tentacle with spikes on it, like a hockey goalie. The grenade goes flying to the side, exploding on the other side of the room harmlessly. The tentacles keep coming at you, but you keep scratching at them. Apollo had cut the hand tentacle in half again, causing it to split into two more, one with inside out noses along the side, another with brains going down the side. This apparently made the cultist's concentration thin to much, the tentacles stated flailing wildly as if they where having a seizure. You manage to get further in the circle, walking paste the random swinging tentacles as the crush around you. You manage to make it into the circle, as you slash your way getting closer past the jungle of tentacles.

You make it in the circle, rather close to the cultist. He appears not to notice you, but is flying wildly back and forth by the bone tentacle, giving you only a poor shot. You yell for another grenade, but they respond saying that you are too far away. What do you do?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2013, 09:44:21 pm »

Swing the hatchet into where it looks like his neck will hit. Then again. AND AGAIN.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2013, 10:10:28 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 41 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (2), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (1),  Glasses case
Stats:
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

------------------

You get in close and swing your hatchet, the first time swinging thru the air and nearly hitting your own foot. You swing back again, hitting him in the center of his body. You go for his neck, but he is at least five feet off the ground, making it difficult for you to get a good hit. Your hatchet goes in like the cultist is a steak, causing what appears to be insane laughing coming from nowhere. The body stops swinging, and the tentacles all start heading for you. You pull your hatchet out as walls of flesh swing wildly at you, smashing the ground but not hitting you. The other squad members take this opportunity to use their guns, the triple burst of the twin's guns mixed with the almost constant fire from Carlie's heavy gun. The tentacles seem to attack them instead, as you take a second swing. You get another good hit, better then the other as he appears to be lower this time. The laughing continues as you pull your hatchet out. You know that under normal circumstances, he would probably fall down and bleed to death, but something seems to keep him fighting.

You take a step back and pull out your gun, unloading your revolver into his head now that he stopped swinging. Your first bullet smashes into his head, only causing the laughter to get somehow more insane, and the tentacles to notice you again. You fire three more times, the second knocking the body back, the third knocking it down, and the fourth stopping the laughing. The grotesque tentacles start to go back to his arm, the bone forming the bones with the rest of the tentacles returning like a slinky, with screams coming from no where, as the tentacles once again form flesh where the man's arm once was, twisting horribly into sinews and muscles, nerves and fingernails. Then the screaming stops, and the man is silent.

Your poor a whole flask of whiskey on the man, and prepare to ask for a light, when you look at his tattoo. It is quite simple, you might be able to copy it...After all, it could be used in an emergency. And even if you never end up using it, it may end up being able to help amputees, and you are a doctor after all. If you would just memorize it for later use...On the other hand, you could just set it to fire to get this unholy abomination off the planet. It probably has some side effects, the man didn't exactly look sane while using it. What do you do?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2013, 10:55:25 pm »

Burn the fucker. Then drink. Alot.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2013, 05:43:57 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 41 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (1), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (1),  Glasses case
Stats:
--------

You motion to Charlie, who has gotten out of his position to see if the cultist is dead. He throws you a lighter, which you then use to set the body on fire. You think for a second that you might want to get one yourself, and maybe some gas. You seem to be burning things an awful lot lately. The fire expands from the cultist, following the lines left by the ceremony and burning them, as you turn to leave the room you take out a flask of whiskey and down a large gulp. It tastes really strong for some reason, and the flask kept it moderately cold. 

Is there anything you want to do before you leave?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2013, 10:40:43 pm »

Take chopped off tentacle or something as a trophy/reminder not to get cocky.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2013, 09:13:22 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 41 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (1), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (1),  Glasses case
Stats:
--------

You search around of a remnant of the tentacle, finding a small spike, about the size of your pointer finger, stuck in a piece of concrete. You pull it out and put it in your backpack. You hear Goldman speaking over the communicator, as the police burst into the building like a flood, arresting anyone who is somehow alive and searching the place. You exit the building to find Goldman waiting in the jetcopter, and you get in to return to the Cloud.

Back at base, you are informed that the young man you had tied up had, somehow, vanished without a trace. They didn't even find the robe you used to tie him up, footprints, fingerprints, or anything that could tell them anything. Goldman congratulates you all on a job well done as the twin's finish telling him the story as he sits in his stuffed chair, while you prepare for bed. You put the new keepsake next to the skull, starting your somewhat macabre collection. You sleep soundly after all the exercise, after half falling asleep even in the swift ride on the jetcopter. You wake up at the normal time, with several hours of recovery left.

Anything you want to do during recovery?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »

Talk with everyone. See how they're doing. Eat something. Try to ask the twins if they'd maybe start teaching me how to use the big guns.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2013, 10:51:22 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 41 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (1),  Glasses case
Stats:
--------

You go around, talking to everyone you can find. Charlie is in the garage as always, this time exercising using a pull-up bar. He stops to talk to you, after getting a long drought from some energy drink. Charlie tells you that his gun is heavy, and the last match managed to make him a bit tired. He decided he needs more exercise, and this is about the only time he can get it. You continue to talk to him, mostly about work and your last mission, before he dismisses you to starts lifting a weight.

You walk out to the hallway, you see Scout (I hope that is what your scouts name is. If it isn't, I forgot it.), he seems to be in a hurry. You have a quick conversation with him, he explains that there was something wrong with his personal transporter on the last mission and he wanted to fix it before anything else happened. He quickly dismissed himself.

In the main room, Goldman was in the corner reading The Idiot, sitting in his chair next to the bookshelf. He closes the book, after butting in a leather-like bookmark to talk to you. "Ah, Patricia! I have been meaning to get to you..." he said, pulling a shopping bag up from next to his chair. "Here are the rations you asked for." You take the bag and look inside, to see two flasks of whiskey like before. You thank him, and end up having a conversation with him. You learn a little about him, he explains that he loves classic literature and his annoyance at not being able to read anything but paperwork in a while. He was a librarian, after all. You continue talking about nothing in particular until the twins burst in the room, at which you dismiss yourself to talk to them.

"Patricia!" Artemis said, after you greet her. "We where looking for you earlier. You must have slept in or something. You usually eat our leftovers..." she said, going over to the fridge in the next room. She takes out a blue Tupperware like bowl filled with hash browns, and a second one with several sausages. She offers you some, which she puts on a plate and puts into the microwave. While it is warming up, you and Apollo stand next to her to speak. "We had to go see our friend at the range again, or we would have offered it earlier. So whats up?"

After explaining that you want their help training, Artemis's eyes lit up and Apollo cracked his fingers. "Of course we can help you train!" They said, almost in unison. "We may have just been civilians, but we are gun nuts true and trough. We could help you train in whatever kind of weapon you want!" Apollo says, putting his hands behind his head. "What kind of gun do you want to use?" he continues. "How about a sub machine gun?" Artemis offers, taking a pose of deep thought. "It doesn't pack much more kick then the pistols, but you can get more ammo off..." she continues. "besides, it is probably the closest thing to a pistol we have." "Maybe you want something a bit bigger...an assault rifle like ours?" Apollo interrupted. "Strong, accurate, and easy to learn. There is a reason it has been the main gun of armies since WWII." "Maybe...you would like a shotgun?!" Artemis asks enthusiastically. "A lot of firepower can help, and you probably have used them in Texas. Accuracy is poor, but if we get you a Siaga you might not need it..." Apollo interjected once again, "Or on the other side, we could get you a sniper rifle. Nice and accurate, high powered to. But we already have Goldman in our marksman position, so the strategic bonus is minimal..."

How do you answer?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2013, 11:20:10 pm »

"Well. Y'all got the assault rifles covered, and like ya said, Goldmann's our sniper...why not try the sub-machine gun and a shotgun? If I can remember right, a shotgun can use a buncha different shells and such, so it'll come in handy. And I should get used to the other one right quick. Would that be alright? I mean, it'd be silly to take 'em both on a mission, of course, but I could choose the one better for what's needed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2013, 12:10:07 am »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (3),  Glasses case
Stats:
Skills: General Medic(3), Small Arms (3), Shotgun (2), Sub-machine gun (2)
--------

Artemis claps here hand together, as she says "Great choice!". The microwave beeps, and she pulls out the plate of steaming food. You poor a little salt on the hash browns and eat the food quickly. It is pretty good, though you think it would have tasted better fresh. After you finish eating, the twins quickly take you out of the room. You head down the hallway once again, following the twins as they bounced happily along. After a good amount of time walking, you end up at a large wall with several doors, reminding you of some kind of storage. People in grey workers uniforms came in in out, using two wheeled pushing tools to lift cardboard boxes in and out. A few Archangel members also walked in and out, with the sound of gunfire echoing out every time one of the many doors slammed open.

You walk through the door, with the sound becoming even louder. Artemis smiles as she hands you two orange ear plugs and a headphone set, which you quickly put on. The twins follow suit. Apollo takes a deep breath from his nose, and a muffled "Ah. I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning" came over the communicator, which apparently can work through the headphones.

You look around the room. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of reasonably sized ranges, some fitting one person some fitting a whole squad. Most of them where filled with men and women, firing everything from pistols that barley fit into the palm of your hand to hundred-pound heavy machine guns, with gunfire and copper flying everywhere. Both sides had men firing, witch concrete walls on all sides. On the spaces where no one was shooting where sound absorbers, large sheets that seem to be trying to hide the huge amount of noise. It seems to fail miserably, with everyone in the range needing double ear protection to not go deaf instantly.

Artemis goes up to a man at a small desk around a padded column near the start, handing him a ticket and apparently saying something over the communicator. The man points, and Artemis turns around with a gesture of thanks. She comes back and leads you a few down to a medium sized range, with four circle targets on the far wall and four pulleys on the top. Artemis switches a dile on her communicator and speaks a few words. A few minutes later a man comes with what looks like an AK-47. "Siaga" Apollo explains as he grabs the gun, handing it to you. "Full auto shotgun" he says, giving a hand-sign of thanks to the man. They try to teach you how to use it, but you end up doing it wrong and giving yourself a bruise. Artemis calls for a new gun, and another man comes with a smaller caliber weapon. The twins teach you how to use the weapon, firming their own pistols and the Siaga, talking with you over the communicator, and laughing happily. You eventually get the hang of the shotgun (Though you do end up with a few more bruises...) and give the Siaga a try. It isn't very accurate, but every shot puts a nice size hole in the targets. At first, the twins put up a black outline human target using the pulley, pushing it further and further away as you learn how to use the gun. The twins are really accurate, and you end up learning a lot about how to use shotguns. Whenever you run out of ammunition, Artemis asks for more over the communicator, and a man comes over with whatever she ordered.

A man comes to take your shotguns away, as you trade them for a small gun, a little larger then the pistol. "Scorpion" Apollo said with a smile, as he picked it up and extended the handle. Two more came over, you gripping one how the twins show you, Artemis taking the other. They give examples on how to use it, sending lines of bullets down the range into tight groupings. You learn a lot of technique, they teach you how to fire with and without the stand, how to burst, when to fire full auto, and other tips, all with a smile on their face as they shoot their own guns.

After a while, Apollo looks at his watch. The communicator blares up "Time to go!", as Apollo makes the hand single for regroup. Artemis calls over a man and hands in the guns and ammo, except some that you remembered to order for your own guns earlier. Artemis checks out at the desk, and you turn in your hearing protection and head back to the main room.

Anything you want to do before the next mission?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2013, 12:35:47 am »

Nothing to do. Ask for new contacts to be ready when I get back.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2013, 08:07:02 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (3),  Glasses case
Stats:
Skills: General Medic(3), Small Arms (3), Shotgun (2), Sub-machine gun (2)
--------------

You return to the room with the twins, and ask Goldman to get you some new contacts, at which he complies. The rest of the men returned to the main room, and started their preparations. An hour or so later, the alarm starts ringing as always and people start scrambling to get fully prepared. Everyone lines up once more, with Goldman standing in his position.

"Objects have been moving and attacking people in a museum in Washington. We don't currently know the cause of this, so be prepared for anything." Goldman says, as he looks at Scout. "I understand that you can't do your normal job this time. I want you to join us, on the ground. Clear?" Scout replied with a salute, his face red with embarrassment. The squad then separated, gathering equipment needed for the next mission.

Is there anything you want to use on the next mission?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2013, 08:16:46 pm »

Shotgun. See if I can get some incendiary and explosive shells.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43