- 0 (0%)
////
- 0 (0%)
!2!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 09:40:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: Operation Archangel- Modern Role Playing Game *Accepting New Members...Still*  (Read 28201 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Archangel RPG
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2013, 11:17:16 pm »

Name: Patricia Garfien
Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 59 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (2), Contacts, Glock, Glock magazine (3) Glasses case:glasses
HP: 10
Stats:
Int: 9
Str: 11
Agi: 10
Skills: General Medic(3), Small Arms (3)
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Perks: Excellent bedside manner.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

-------------------

"It is worth a try" Goldman says over the communicator, as the helicopter changes, like some puzzle it shifts into a different position. Charlie starts firing from the turret, as the Baba Yaga has bullets thrown at it. You go behind cover and look at your wounds. Bruises are all the damage you both have, you take a pain killer and give one to the twin, suggesting you put ice on it as soon as possible. Internal bleeding is unlikely, it should be nothing more then an annoyance, the suit protected both of you from most of it.

Bullets pour out of the turret and hit the Baba Yaga, a few being blocked by piles of mud the Baba Yaga brings up as she sweeps the ground, a few missing, and a few scratching her and bursting blood. As a doctor, you note that that would probably knock a human to its knees and make it bleed to death, but it only seems to anger the Baba Yaga. The people still on the ground take up a position behind the Baba Yaga and you start firing. The first round of bullets from the whole group more or less hit, causing her to hiss at you and turn, trying to block you as well. The turret continues firing, a bullet landing in her torso and knocking her back, a second hitting her higher up and knocking her to the ground. The turret continued firing, turning the Baba Yaga into Swiss cheese, for the cleaner description.

Is there anything you want to do before you leave?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:44 pm »

Collect a skull, take a drink of whiskey. I'm gonna start grabbing momentoes from each battle.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2013, 07:03:53 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (4), Contacts, Glock, Glock magazine (3) Glasses case:glasses
Stats:
Advantages: She has steady hands, and is very calm in high stress situations. This can be a lifesaver in the field.
Disadvantages: Territorial about her work, needs glasses/contacts(farsighted), and a functional alcoholic.
Quirks: Racist. Yep. Against EVERYONE. Not to the point where she dislikes them, just the point where she believes just about every stereotype there is. Curiously enough, not religious, or homophobic, or sexist. I can change this if it might cause problems.
Bio: Patricia grew up in southern Texaz, raised by two rich white parents who fit every stereotype of rich white people there was, or almost. They did love their daughter, but they were also assholes to most people below their station. When she became a surgeon in college, they were delighted to see their little girl take up such a proud profession. When the chupacabras started striking, she managed to save her brother's life, barely, but had to run, and he was left behind. She rode a horse for hours, eventually letting the poor thing rest, where she was taken in by some kind colored people. Long story short, she ended up joining the Archangel foundation, to help keep the fighting men alive. That said, being a Texan, she's not bad with a pistol either...

-------------------

You grab a skull and take a sip of whiskey. The flames from the fight must have made it warm, to your annoyance. You didn't think fire even got close to you, must have gotten closer then you thought you think. The skull looks smaller then it did when it was flying around, and the flames had gone from their eyes. You put it in your backpack and head off for the jetcopter and back to the Cloud.

A few hours later, you arrive back at the base. It is night again, so you do all your nightly rituals, as well as icing your and the female twin's bruises and giving salve to the male twin. You then go to bed and sleep easily, putting the skull up on a shelf for later. In the morning, you wake up. You go out to the main room, with the smell of pancakes in the air. On the small table is a brown paper bag, with a note with your name on it. It contains two bottles of whiskey, which you gladly take to your pack. The twins are eating pancakes, and say you can have the left overs if you want. The male says they usually cook for their families back home, so they are used to making larger meals and have not gotten used to it yet. The female says you still have a few hours of cooldown left, if you want to use it.

Anything you want to do during cooldown?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »

Put the whiskey on ice. Have some whiskey(alcoholic; I should be drinking more). Take out contacts, see if they have a solution to clean them with, wear glasses for now. Have some leftovers, thank the twins, try and both remember their names, and figure out a way to differe between them when I'm talking, since I think they have the same name. Converse, ask people what they did, where they lived, etc. before the Events.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2013, 12:47:49 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (4), glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (3), Glasses case
HP: 11
Stats:
---------------------------

You have been drinking at least a bottle of whiskey a day. How much do the alcoholics you know drink? ???? Do you live in a Dwarf fortress or something?

-------------------------------

You put some whiskey on ice and drink it. It is good, and you go for a few more glasses. You clean your contacts and put on your glasses, leaving the contacts in your room for the time being. Your bruise has been improving, you think it will probably not be a problem on the next mission. You then go get some pancakes. They are cold, so you put them in the microwave to get them hotter. The pancakes are fine, but you think they would have tasted better fresh. The syrup tastes pretty good though, and goes well with the pancakes.

You go to thank the twins, and ask them their names. "Oh. Well our names are kind of embarrassing..." the female twin says "but we should probably tell you. I am...Athena" Athena says, blushing slightly and looking embarrassed. "I'm...Apollo" the male twin said. "We are named after the twin gods...We don't usually like giving our names out. As my sister said, they are really embarrassing..."

You continue to talk to them, asking them questions. The twins, that is Athena and Apollo, say that they had just gotten out of high school when this all started. When the panic started, they had offered a lot of benefits, full rides to whatever collage you want and bags of money to go with it, which is a good part of why the twins joined. They also say that if they didn't, there might not be a home to go back to, and they have younger siblings they have to protect. After a while, they excuse themselves to go to the shooting range to see a friend, explaining that is something they do daily.

Charlie is still working on the helicopter, so you go to see him. He mostly wants to talk about work, but you do get a little information out of him. He says he had a career in the military for a while now, rising thru the ranks as was deployed in several wars. This is just another deployment to him, he says. When he is not deployed, he has a wife and house in North Dakota, where he works as a mechanic. He eventually excuses himself and you walk out, to find Goldman on his break. You talk to Goldman a little. He says he was a librarian when the event happened, born to immigrants from Israel who taught him how to shoot. He had taken care of a small town library in Idaho, but felt it was his duty to join Archangel after the event happened. He puts the book he about to read on the shelf next to him, puts his empty cup in the sink, and returns to paperwork. Scout comes in a little later, and you strike a conversation with him to. He says he was a cop in New York, SWAT team officer to be exact, where he learned how to shoot. After he saw one of the zombie infestations, he had decided that fighting off the darkness in Archangel was probably helping more people then his current job, he had transferred. He eventually returns to his room to rest, saying he is tired.

A little while later, everyone returns to the room and starts preparing for the next mission. Cooldown has ended.

Anything you want to do before the next mission?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2013, 01:27:21 pm »

((I didn't mean drink a bottle when I said some..land Apollo's twin is Artemis, not that Patricia would know or care.))

Ask about the next mission. Put some of my flasks on ice, or a fridge, at 'home'.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2013, 01:54:33 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (3), Glasses case
Stats:

((I didn't mean drink a bottle when I said some..land Apollo's twin is Artemis, not that Patricia would know or care.))

Ah. That was my fault, stayed up late last night and still am not entirely awake yet. Her name Is Artemis, they both start with A so I get them mixed up sometimes... Thanks for pointing out the mistake. I would have probably switched later and we would both be confused. This is why I try to avoid writing from 10 to 10.

You didn't drink a whole bottle, you still have plenty left. I was mostly referring to when you downed half a bottle after fighting the oni. Like two days ago.

----------------

You put one of your flasks in a small hotel-like refrigerator in the kitchen, as you come out you ask about the next mission. Just as you are about to ask, an alarm sounds. People run around gather equipment as Goldman pulls out his laptop and speaks to it. A few minutes later, everyone lines up by the far door as Goldman comes to speak. "Interesting case, it looks like we are fighting relatively normal enemies. A cult has been dabbling in dark magic, successfully to some extent, and we have to put them down before they do something big. Expect normal humans, maybe dark magic, and in the worst case some horror or another."

Anything you want to fight a cult with?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »

A rosary, perhaps. This should be relatively simple.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2013, 09:38:16 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (3), Glasses case
Stats:

Do you think the event caused jinxes to exist?

--------------------------

You go to the armory and get a rosary, which was setting up next to some garlic and holy water, as you put it in your backpack. You then follow the rest of the group into the jetcopter and you launched off.

After a few hours, the plane flies over a small city, with snow on the ground a little as the helicopter heads to the destination. It doesn't look like America, some of the signs are in French. While you look at the scenery, Goldman starts to talk "They have secured an office building, two floors, with about a hundred men by last estimate. Local police have holed them up in there, and tried to talk things out peacefully, but received only failure. Lethal force is permitted. Our main objective is killing the cult leader, which should scatter the cult enough that the locals can take care of it. He is holed up in the center of the main building. We have to get to him, stop him by any means necessary, and break up the cult. The enemies are well armed, apparently they have had connections with the Canadian military. We are unable to get the jetcopter in a helpful position, they have reinforced their position well. So here is the plan. Patricia, Charlie, and I will go out to the front of the building, setting up a distraction at first. The twins will go in the back, using explosives to put a hole close to the enemy. Then the whole group goes in, the twins in back, with us going in the front. Then once we split their forces in half, we will push to the middle. Any questions?"

Any questions?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2013, 09:41:02 pm »

Equipment: Backpack :Surgical bag, .357 Magnum, hatchet, 60 .357 rounds (Speed loader) ,whiskey flask (3), rosary, glasses, Glock, Glock magazine (3), Glasses case
Stats:

Do you think the event caused jinxes to exist?

--------------------------

You go to the armory and get a rosary, which was setting up next to some garlic and holy water, as you put it in your backpack. You then follow the rest of the group into the jetcopter and you launched off.

After a few hours, the plane flies over a small city, with snow on the ground a little as the helicopter heads to the destination. It doesn't look like America, some of the signs are in French. While you look at the scenery, Goldman starts to talk "They have secured an office building, two floors, with about a hundred men by last estimate. Local police have holed them up in there, and tried to talk things out peacefully, but received only failure. Lethal force is permitted. Our main objective is killing the cult leader, which should scatter the cult enough that the locals can take care of it. He is holed up in the center of the main building. We have to get to him, stop him by any means necessary, and break up the cult. The enemies are well armed, apparently they have had connections with the Canadian military. We are unable to get the jetcopter in a helpful position, they have reinforced their position well. So here is the plan. Patricia, Charlie, and I will go out to the front of the building, setting up a distraction at first. The twins will go in the back, using explosives to put a hole close to the enemy. Then the whole group goes in, the twins in back, with us going in the front. Then once we split their forces in half, we will push to the middle. Any questions?"

Any questions?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »

Free time? Carve little words and passages from the tome into areas of the building that nobody will see. Make sure I am not spotted by anyone, carve as many as I can.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:00:05 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2013, 11:44:38 pm »

"Ain't splittin' up a bad idea, with so many o' them? Wouldn' it be better to jus' stick together, and not go in so loud? A surgical strike, so to say?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2013, 04:41:09 pm »

Name: Joe Cerrito
Equipment: Desert Eagle, 6 full clips for said Eagle, combat knife, tome of forbidden knowledge.AR-15, 1 clips AR-15, AR-15 clip (20) communicator.
Stats:
Int: 15
Str: 10
Agi: 5
Skills: Small arms (1), ???(3), Rifle (1)
Advantages: He has a tome of forbidden knowledge, might come in handy. Also never seems to give up no matter how F.U.B.A.R. a situation has become, though that crosses into disadvantage territory when the situation is can only get worse by continuing.
Disadvantages: He is pretty goddamn crazy.
Perks: Has the unnatural ability to always find a clip of ammo when he needs one, even where it should not be (check your potted plant. Ammo clip. Check your back pocket. Ammo clip. Check the inside of your computer. Ammo clip.).
Quirks: Carries a small tome of forbidden knowledge, losing track of the book leaves Joe incapable of doing anything but tearing everything apart to find the book. No one else is allowed to touch, read, or even have a clue what is in his book without later dying under suspicious circumstances.
Bio: Joe was an undergrad student at a local university when the first wave came. After looting a dead man's body of a shotgun, Joe was spotted by an Imp who was carrying a small tome. While Joe couldn't kill the Imp before it alerted others to his presence, he still managed to get away. Later, Joe felt a lump in his back pocket. The tome that the Imp carried had somehow gotten into his pocket. Against every part of him telling him to throw the book away, something seemingly forced him to read it. No one knows what he read, but Joe was discovered by the Foundation cutting off the hand of a demon who would not let go of the book even in death. Currently, the only information about the book that could be pried from Joe was "There is always more. No matter what, there is still the next page."
----------------------

You find areas of your room that no one will see, under the bed, behind furniture, under the carpet, and wright your words and passages where no one should be able to see, using pens and paint for the harder surfaces, your knife for the softer wood. No one distracts you, and you manage to cover a lot in the hours you have, covering almost every space you can think of that no one should be able to see. No one interrupts you, you assume they are doing some of their own things.

Is there anything you want to do before your next mission?

---------

Stats:

"We could stick together" Goldman said, "But there are two entrances, both in the front and guarded heavily. We have reports of squad automatic weapons being used in the hallways, going in the same entrance would basically be a world war one tactic. We can't sneak in either of the entrances, the police have tried enough that they shoot on sight, as well as the fact they have several cameras up. Even if we all go in the back, we would still be overwhelmed. I am hoping that by splitting up, we can cause enough confusion to get at least one person in. We could do a surgical strike, if you have an idea of how to get in?"

Do you have anything else to say?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2013, 04:47:30 pm »

Go to the facility's kitchen. Look for a bit of blood, preferably pig's blood. No one will eat the blood sausage they make with it, so no one should notice. Sprinkle the blood on the carvings. SUMMON AN IMP, and bind him to my desert eagle. Why? Because it's nice to talk to someone while alone on a mission :(
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2013, 06:04:08 pm »

Name: Joe Cerrito
Equipment: Desert Eagle (Possessed by imp), 6 full clips for said Eagle, combat knife, tome of forbidden knowledge.AR-15, 1 clips AR-15, AR-15 clip (20) communicator.
Stats:
Int: 15
Str: 10
Agi: 5
Skills: Small arms (1), ???(3), Rifle (1)
Advantages: He has a tome of forbidden knowledge, might come in handy. Also never seems to give up no matter how F.U.B.A.R. a situation has become, though that crosses into disadvantage territory when the situation is can only get worse by continuing.
Disadvantages: He is pretty goddamn crazy.
Perks: Has the unnatural ability to always find a clip of ammo when he needs one, even where it should not be (check your potted plant. Ammo clip. Check your back pocket. Ammo clip. Check the inside of your computer. Ammo clip.).
Quirks: Carries a small tome of forbidden knowledge, losing track of the book leaves Joe incapable of doing anything but tearing everything apart to find the book. No one else is allowed to touch, read, or even have a clue what is in his book without later dying under suspicious circumstances.
Bio: Joe was an undergrad student at a local university when the first wave came. After looting a dead man's body of a shotgun, Joe was spotted by an Imp who was carrying a small tome. While Joe couldn't kill the Imp before it alerted others to his presence, he still managed to get away. Later, Joe felt a lump in his back pocket. The tome that the Imp carried had somehow gotten into his pocket. Against every part of him telling him to throw the book away, something seemingly forced him to read it. No one knows what he read, but Joe was discovered by the Foundation cutting off the hand of a demon who would not let go of the book even in death. Currently, the only information about the book that could be pried from Joe was "There is always more. No matter what, there is still the next page."
----------------------

...Alright. So that is what the book does.

----------------------------------------

You go to the cafeteria in the hopes of finding blood. You talk to the kitchen staff and ask for several dishes, however the kitchen has none of them. Your own kitchen was similarly barren of anything with blood on it. One of the workers in the kitchen notice you, and you make up a story about liking to make homemade Boudin noir (A French word you heard on a menu once.). She points you to the requisitions officer, who is visiting the kitchen to stock it up. He goes to another room for a minute, and comes out with a small barrel of food marked "PORK" and gave you a small baggie of pork, pork blood, and some filler. He said he would give it to you for free, as long as you promised to make him some to. He continued to say his mom was from the French Caribbean and had made him a similar dish before, he would love for a homemade meal like that.

You return to your room with the ingredients, smearing the blood and putting the rest of the things in the fridge. The ruins and passages glow red, forming a circle as the light grows brighter. There is a brief flash, and you are somewhat worried about being seen by someone. Hopefully everyone was still gone, you think. A small creature, about the size of a cat and humanoid, with long ears and a tail with a spade at the end stood in the middle of a circle, cackling evil to itself. A second circle lit up, your attempt to control it. There is a blue flash, and it appears you are successful. The imp was successfully bounded to your weapon!

Anything else you want to do before your next mission?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43