Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small thing about burial  (Read 1020 times)

CR055H41RZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Small thing about burial
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:23:39 pm »

The burial screen lacks one button that would save me( and undoubtedly others) tons of time and effort, something that will show which dwarves are dead and which ones are alive, this would be extremely helpful for mass burial( of only the dead).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Small thing about burial
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:25:04 pm »

You can just set a coffin avaible for burial without assigning a dwarf to it, and dwarves will automatically claim it to bury the death. No need to micromanage everything.

Still, could be usefull.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 04:26:08 pm »

You can just set a coffin avaible for burial without assigning a dwarf to it, and dwarves will automatically claim it to bury the death. No need to micromanage everything.

Still, could be usefull.
+1

I would add, if you don't know this about coffins, you might also be ignorant regarding beds. You don't need to assign a bed to a dwarf, just zone a bedroom from it and leave it free, and the first dwarf to sleep in it will claim it (as will his/her spouse).
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:12:43 pm »

Can coffins even be assigned to deceased dwarves as of now?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

Nope.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 02:28:55 am »

A slight work around would be to, if that dwarf is already dead, open the tomb up to any burial while no other corpses are available to be put inside it. And if that dwarf is already in a random coffin somewhere else, simply remove the coffin and they'll move everything to where it's supposed to go.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

CR055H41RZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 02:21:32 pm »

Oops figured it out the 'hard' way. lol
HERP! (derp)

CR055H41RZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 02:36:23 pm »

Still, could be usefull.
+1

I would add, if you don't know this about coffins, you might also be ignorant regarding beds. You don't need to assign a bed to a dwarf, just zone a bedroom from it and leave it free, and the first dwarf to sleep in it will claim it (as will his/her spouse).
Oh but that wouldn't be that useful for me because giving 98 dwarves free housing comes with time, lots and lots of time...
So I'm backwards with this;
Tombs: Gold sarcophagi for everyone! (No R.I.P for you!)
Beds:
Must be over the age of 18.
Must be married.
Mustn't be a hissy fit dwarf.
(Sleep in the hospital you hobo!)
Nope.
E'yup.