Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Playing DF at work.  (Read 11149 times)

Vox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Playing DF at work.
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 06:17:19 pm »

Oooooor, you could be a good man child, and do your work
Or play the Xbox you have in your workplace
Pffft.
Mutitasking is what I do.
Plus being able to murder dwarfs is a much nicer alternative to using my co-workers for my !science!
You... You're about to weaponize chickens. You are my hero.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 06:20:06 pm »

Are we all accessories to a felony : /
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Vox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 06:22:56 pm »

Most likley.

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 06:23:42 pm »

Most likley.
Watch out for the Hammerer!
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 06:35:44 pm »

"Honestly ossifer! I really thaut that he wuz jus' wuntin tah' testify his sekuritah and stuffs! I didn't knaows he wuz a gunna break no lawz!"

(In my home state, using the stereotypical natures of others as a smokescreen is very useful sometimes!)

JonhyBee

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Experience is a cruel mistress
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 06:37:43 pm »

I decided to write my second intervention (been lurking for months now) to confess I have been using companie hardware to play DF. My companie as all the same
paranoļa issues then any one out there, but there are also kind of... lax or dishorganised in some way. And I have my own laboratory with a PC I built and set up myself just like I want it, it has all kind of access to companie database and such but its just mine, I run it and everything on it, IT does not even want to help me debug it because I have to test all kind of weird beta version of a driver running high complexity tasks right in the kernel and I crash and kill it often. So what I do is play on it, I even had someone see me once but in ASCII with the console open and stuff running they prolly could not even make out what I was doing.

haha, I just had to confess this.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »

You came to the right place.

We can definitely come up with the best possible way to get you fired and behind bars.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 06:54:42 pm »

Laptop? Install a computer in your eye?
'Why is your head shaped like a box?'
'No reason.'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:21 pm »

Seduce a person that can allow you to just download and play it. No security is safe from your charm.
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »

DF is awesome, but man if your job is that dull, you might consider another line of work (carefully, of course).  Don't get yourself fired over this: the economy blows.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Brenticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 10:21:49 pm »

Play using co-workers.  Go to the furnace room and find a way to make magma.   Maybe a pump stack...   Dig deep and look for clowns! 

Make it to upper level management by being the only survivor who doesn't throw a tantrum over the !!fun!! Stuff that can be had.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 11:10:41 pm »

Seduce a person that can allow you to just download and play it. No security is safe from your charm.

Do this.  Put on a nice slinky dress, and next time you have something to send to a manager don't e-mail- print it out, and carry it to their office.  Sit right on their desk when you're handing them the document, and when they take it from your hand, use your other hand to caress their wrist.  Say "My goodness, look at your hands.  You must be a gamer.  I just love to play... games..."

Then wink, and push up your bosoms.  I do not say breasts, because I assume that you're a man.  Lick your lips, and talk about how screw pumps really put you in the mood.  This will naturally prompt your manager to ask about screw pumps, and then you know you have them:  once you start discussing dwarven physics, the deal is closed.  Well, almost- you might still have to operate their pump stack (if you know what I mean), but I think you'll agree that even with that consideration this is still the best plan by far.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:13:07 pm by Randy Gnoman »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 11:38:25 pm »

.......I don't see this ending well...........

Vox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 11:47:28 pm »

DF is awesome, but man if your job is that dull, you might consider another line of work (carefully, of course).  Don't get yourself fired over this: the economy blows.
Economy isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
I've had no problem finding and keeping a job even in this economy.
Even took a couple months off from my job to go work the summer in Alaska for shits and gigs.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 12:20:51 am »

Economy isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
I've had no problem finding and keeping a job even in this economy.
Even took a couple months off from my job to go work the summer in Alaska for shits and gigs.

"So tell us, under what circumstances have you left your previous job?"
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7