Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark/Trading just a few specific items  (Read 585 times)

Alavander

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Battered Kobold Veteran
    • View Profile
Embark/Trading just a few specific items
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:17:37 pm »

First of all, hello all.
I was stalking the forum and uncle Google for the past few hours to search for the answer, but to no avail.

Got the following problem: Currectly im trying to make a more advanced version of Kobold Camp mod, more to my liking,
and I got a serious issues with the whole embark/trading stuff.

Tried to give them a reaction, hoping only a few of the listed items would appear on embark/in trade:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently, its not working. They can start with copper, or even bronze shovels/choppers, and when you remove them from embark screen, you can't get them back.
But no bows, no arrows, and no spears neither. Would like to add wooden bows somehow, too. As bows made from copper are a bit.. uhm...

Giving them bars would make them bring in a bars for trade, which I would like to avoid if possible.
It fixes the problem though, giving access to all copper items, but I would still prefer just a selected few items.

I would like to have a much bigger control over to what you can embark with, or what the caravans would bring.
It is possible with just a dummy reactions?
The kobolds of Kador Kar knew the meaning of word "hardship". But they we're wrong. It certainly wasn't the right name for these giant hamsters.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Embark/Trading just a few specific items
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:26:52 pm »

The way you are doing it I would have thought would give it to the trade caravans, but maybe not available to you on embark because they aren't domestically available goods.

The other option of course is [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SHOVEL:FORCED] in the entity file which makes it a "domestic" product, goes through the normal forge system so requires access to copper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:38:32 pm »

FORCED doesn't do anything there and isn't necessary; it only works for armor.

Also, reactions can only force bars for embark.

Alavander

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Battered Kobold Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:07:45 am »

Thank you for the answers.

Just gave them access to bars (and access to all the copper items and copper bars).

Its a damn shame that so many things are hardcoded... :(
The kobolds of Kador Kar knew the meaning of word "hardship". But they we're wrong. It certainly wasn't the right name for these giant hamsters.