Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Magic up a storm - A king in troube? Who'd of thunk it?  (Read 3460 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Roll to Magic up a storm - A king in troube? Who'd of thunk it?
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:54:58 pm »

Intro

Hello! I thought I'd run a RtD, I've done one before in the past that had some players but life got in the way so I'mma start a new one.

This RtD will have you as magicians, what magic you use is up to you. It will be in a standard high fantasy setting of elves and orcs.

How I'm running it

This is a rough guide and will probably change, I will make a post when they are changed

You get to post one action, please make it the first thing on your post, like 'I want to research a spell of SUPER AWESOME MEGA DEATH...' and that's the basics, you can also post how your doing after your action for example '...by going to my wizards tower and looking through my spell books'.

I'm using a D6:
1: Oh dear... something cocked up but REALLY bad.
2: Well that could of gone better, a lot better.
3: Failure, but the only thing hurt was your pride.
4: Success!
5: Success and strawberries!
6: EPIC SUCCESS.

I want to start with 5 players, rules for inactivity are I will wait 3 days for all players to make their posts or I will automate you. Unless I'm told before hand, you get 3 auto turns before you get pulled out.

If I've not missed something, please tell me.

What I want from players

Name: (Easy enough)
School of magic: (Something general, whilst it's fun to be a mage of explosions... it gets boring quick)
Personality: (Basically if your good evil or grey, as much or less as you want here)
Additional info: (Want to already have a wizards tower? Do you have a familiar? Do you like to eat turnips but only on Tuesdays?)

Example:
Name: Errot Gregory
School of magic: Runic - Can inscribe runes onto parchment to channel magical energies
Personality: A shinning example of a model wizard, always helping his fellow wizards in studies and willing to share techniques.
Additional info: A human mage, always accompanied by a 4ft golem made of rock, runes of magic floating around it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:18:36 am by Keita »
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic up a storm - Any takers?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:55:32 pm »

Players:

Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fniff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greenstarfanatic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: jakeread1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Feldrain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:00:38 pm by Keita »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 12:59:15 pm »

Name: Adokul Bearcharger (Random gen)
School of magic: Void
Personality: A shut-in, most don't know him and the few who do wish they did not.
Additional info: Has a large(Double a grown man)crab familiar which seem to be made of red gems.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:10:52 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 01:23:44 pm »

Name: Brandon Lundgren
School of magic: Demonic
Personality: Ordinary young man. Seems to suffer from bouts of extreme depression, though the bouts seem to be decreasing in number and increasing in distance, but that doesn't make him an optimist. He doesn't seem to understand how to use his powers, claiming they just happen based off how he feels. Sometimes, you wonder if Brandon's controlling the demons or if the demons are controlling Brandon.
Additional info: When Brandon feels a very strong negative emotion such as sadness or anger, there is a chance he will involuntarily summon demons that will attempt to destroy the source of the negative emotion.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:50:48 pm »

Name: Alani Arnalei
School of magic: Earth/Stone
Personality: A shy girl. She often spends hours away from her hut, in the woods, and takes pleasure in the great outdoors. She usualy wears a green and brown cloak, to feel one with her surroundings. She's still learning her powers, and has accidentally destroyed a tree or two in her pursuits for knowledge, but she thinks she's getting closer to magic mastery. She's taught herself everything she knows so far.
Additional info: Alani has several stone creatures, such as birds and rabbits, that follow her wherever she goes. They are quite keen to being thrown.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:10:18 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 01:54:11 pm »

In, have a sheet ready in a few minutes.

Name: Erb Sest
School of Magic: Nature
Personality: A nice fellow, though not the sharpest tool in the shed. He is quite an optimist, and almost never sad.
Additional Info: Erb owns a small broken down farm, inherited from his parents. This is the reason why he learned nature magic, sadly his parents died before his return and the farm land has grown infertile and broken down.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:00:32 pm by jakeread1 »
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 01:54:30 pm »

Hey hey, interest is trickling in.

I'll wait for one more.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 02:06:44 pm »

Name: Diana Brinks
School of magic: Alchemy (if not allowed as a school, then just Healing)
Personality: Diana's basically a good person, if a little too obsessed with potion-making.
Additional info: Diana has a small little hut she operates out of, just above the treeline on the side of a mountain overlooking a rustic village. She has a pet crow, imaginatively named Crow.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 02:13:58 pm »

Okay 5 players~ If anyone else wants to drop a profile down I'll throw it on a waiting list and put it in if I feel I can handle more players.

I'll be putting up the first game post up tomorrow (I'm GMT+0 btw) and we can get rolling.

@SeriouseConcentrate: Alchemy is fine.

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:56 pm »

Also quick question, how story driven is this?
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 06:30:09 pm »

Name: Javier Correl, alias Correl
School: Life
Personality: A bit unhinged, but very creative...
Info: A mad man, who got sent to the afterlife by his own creation. He has since reincarnated and is trying to regain his magical lore.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 05:53:41 am »

Story wise I'll throw down a generic over-arching story, but you can ignore it if you want and do your own thing.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 05:59:11 am »

Name: Javier Correl, alias Correl
School: Life
Personality: A bit unhinged, but very creative...
Info: A mad man, who got sent to the afterlife by his own creation. He has since reincarnated and is trying to regain his magical lore.
.......T_T so mean!

Too bad my last name is even stranger than that!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 06:03:04 am »

Name: Nix Alenhearth

School: Illusion

Personality: Very tricksy, sometimes fiendish, sometimes harmless, always

Info: A thin human, wearing a simple tunic and pants, with a jesters hat. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:04:41 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic up a storm - The king is in trouble, who'd of thunk it?
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 06:17:05 am »

In the land of Allesia, it's all pretty dandy. Sure there's orcs, goblins and some trolls running around pillaging and even some odd fella's all dressed up in spikes and holding blood stained skulls but hey, the races of humans, dwarfs and elves are all working together at least!

In fact it's getting a tad boring around here.

In till one day you all receive a letter with a very spiffy looking wax seal on it. If you choose to read it you discover it from the King! Hot damn, he must want to make you the court wizard!

"Dear Mage,
                I am writing to you in a time of desperate need. My wife, Queen Julia,has been kidnapped from my very own castle! After a week of putting my knights on the task they have nothing to show for it. I ask you to look into this dilemma for me and will reward you with gold and appointing you the royal court wizard.

All I can offer you in ways of clues is that my old court mage, Rajak the Star Seer, disappeared 2 days before hand, he must be responsible! He had ties with the elves, never trusted them myself, your best bet I would say is to look into who his connections are, either in the capital city or the elves.

Please be careful, Rajak is a powerful mage and will have taken precautions to directly spying on him and his movements.

Yours Sincerely
King Edward the VI"

...huh, well how are you going to go about finding this Rajak?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4