Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Pik-Pik Fortress Version 1.1  (Read 19246 times)

Poldon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pik-Pik Fortress Version 1.1
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 07:27:39 pm »

that mushroom thing from the first game.

It'a a Puffstool, and holy cow it could be terrifying here, especially if the change is permanent. It'd be like a huskifying cloud, but without the superbuffs and just turning evil. Might make a good and terrifying megabeast that forces players to avoid attacking it in melee.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 11:31:27 pm »

Yup, it's going to be one of the most terrifying creatures about. I have big !!FUN!! plans for it> DF has a lot of features that Puffstools could make use of.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2013, 09:35:44 pm »

It's finished?! Finally! Yessss! Thank you so much for your time Spiderking, I must give you all my respects!
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 05:12:19 am »

Yes! Was wondering when this would be released, was really looking forward to it when I first saw the "Gathering Interest Topic" a while back. Anyway very cool, always loved Pikmin and Dwarf Fortress, now I can combine the two. Thanks!

P.S.
Are there any plans to make the names... Pikmin-y, Pikmin-esque, Pikmonic? Actually I wonder how a Pikmin language would even work, I always assumed they communicated visually, or via pheromones.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 03:45:55 pm »

I have a DFlang thing to make languages based on vegetables, but then all the names look like saiyan names...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 08:42:07 pm »

In Pikmin 2 it says in one of the journal entries that their language is adorable. Not sure if that really helps.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2013, 01:10:13 am »

I figured their language was all those little sounds they made.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2013, 12:34:33 pm »

Not a pet or hostile. A neutral animal.

Yeah, it's a bit more difficult. I would use onions to do this: onions have seven castes, male (i don't know what you'd do for that), blue female, red female, yellow female, red seed, blue seed, and yellow seed. The male and females are pets; the seeds are not. When the seeds are born, they secrete a substance that transforms them into the respective pikmin color.

I thought you were talking about pellet posies with the original question, which is why I thought it would be so straightforward.
Male could be an extremely common domestic tiny creature that does nothing but breed all day.
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2013, 06:15:52 pm »

I am confused, how do I make pikmin?
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 12:38:50 pm »

This requires a outburst of joy I am simply not capable of.

Caldemar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 02:57:11 pm »

I just had to say, thank you for making this.  I will definitely be watching this for updates!

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 05:34:41 am »

Holy crap, my life is complete.

If I install this will I be able to play in Adventure mode, and will the pikmin be able to use weapons?

Also, the puffstool Pikmin (toadmin?) need to attack in hordes and occupy evil zones. They're the perfect Pikmin answer to goblins/zombies.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2013, 11:35:45 pm »

Could I start this up again, adding a spacemen civ? I was actually going to do both pikmin and spacemen in a mod of my own, but when yours came out right when I decided to start, I just forgot about it until now. I'm planning on having it take place some years after the events of Pikmin 2, with colonization of the planet in full swing, but most of the materials being salvage from 'treasures' or creature bits.

(Yes, I realize this is a hefty necro.)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2013, 11:47:16 pm »

not sure if it's a necro if the OP has it in his Sig, right now it's probably just a mod of his on "pause" since he and I are doing the CDDA mod.
Guess gotta see when he gets online :P

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 12:09:15 am »

You could always download it and add in that civ on your own version for your own play. This mod is really set in the beginning of the "colonization" of the pikmin planet and it really is still under construction and just on pause. So if you want to alter it for your play go ahead, but if you use bits in another mod please make sure to credit and link to the original.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5