Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Saltbuckle: in search of the Giant Sperm Whale [new succession game]  (Read 8849 times)

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Saltbuckle: in search of the Giant Sperm Whale [new succession game]
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2013, 10:57:58 pm »

Gavakis, you're up!

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 01:18:10 am »

Im sorry guys, I cant do it, I have alot of schoolwork and I got no time for this ATM, can you just remove me? Sorry for being a buzzkill.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:15 am »

Alright, I'll get the save downloaded!

EDIT: err, I can't download the save. It says the uploader didn't give permission.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 09:54:57 am »

I am adding those who have deferred their turn to the end of the overseer list.  This game would be happy to pick up a few new overseers and dwarfs at this point, too.  I messaged Naryar about the save, I'm sure he'll get it figured out soon.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2013, 11:41:12 am »

I'm uploading it somewhere else, then.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2013, 05:07:22 pm »

Alright, finished my turn. I'll have the write-up up tomorrow, along with the save.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »

Journal of "Inspiredsimji", Head Chef of Saltbuckle

So there I was, makin' biscuits as always, when some dwarf comes up and tells me I'm the new overseer. Now usually I'd be one to turn down an opportunity like this, I'm a simple dwarf. But me back's been aching something awful, probably from the lack of good beds. And I figure if I'm overseer, I get a good bedroom, right?

The boys were slackin' off fishing, so I told 'em to get back to work. What's a fortress without fish for biscuits? Nothing, that's what.

I also told the miners to dig out a new bedroom for meself. Me back's feeling better already!

I saw some dwarves sitting around outside the fortress. I asked them what they were doing, they told me they had "no job, boss!". No meeting room? This is an outrage! I'll have one dug out right away.

Some migrants have arrived!... on a tiny ice island that'll probably melt any day now. Dumbasses. I ain't saving you.

The previous overseer must've missed this little problem when he was building a safe place for dwarves to fish... it would've flooded the whole fortress if I didn't install those doors there. Does the cook gotta do everything around here?

One of the dumbasses on the little island gets possessed, or something. I STILL ain't savin' 'em. Sorry, boys, you're going to drown anyway.

Goodie! Elves! A pity I couldn't find the lever to open the gate in the wall and had to build one myself, or we might have actually been able to trade with them.

Today the mayor stormed up to me and told me he had no rooms. By Urist's beard! I set some miners to dig him out a mayoral suite right away.

Migrants! And they weren't dumb enough to come in on an ice floe! Huzzah!

My top secret project for Cap'n has begun. I anticipate we'll finish it just at the end of the year.

Egads! A sea spirit, come to haunt us! I told the masons to being churning out slabs. Also, the mayor keeps mandating we make querns for some reason. I make a few, just to keep him from tantruming.

Disaster has struck! Someone must've dislodged the doors, and now the fortress is flooding! Good thing the water there ain't so deep, or we'd be in a doozy. The boys can fish off the shore like normal people from now on, I'm closing up the little safe place.

A brewer has withdrawn from society today. I wonder what he'll make?

A bracelet. A bone bracelet. Well, I suppose it could be worse...

Some kobolds ambushed one of the fishermen today. He's fine, but the kobolds sure weren't after our harpooners went after them.

I've set up a hospital for sick dwarves in my secret project. Quite pretty, don't ye think?

Dwarves flock to work on the project for cap'n. He'll be mighty happy with it, I hope!

BEHOLD! Cap'n Ahab's very own cap'n's quarters, aboard the S.S. Bomrek! I've commissioned some golden statues for his bedroom as well. Of me, of course.

Another possession! This time it's a weaver.

And the rigging for the S.S. Bomrek is complete! Good work, boys! Just in the nick of time, too!

And on the last day of the year, a poor baby was stolen by a goblin. Ah well. I've had enough, the next overseer should give the mayor my resignation letter. And don't you DARE take my room.

--Overseer InspiredSimji

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2013, 05:26:18 am »

Have I been dorfed?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2013, 08:59:15 am »

I had no idea there were people who hadn't been dorfed :S

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2013, 10:04:29 am »

Sounds like a good year.  I love the ship!

Too bad about the migrants.  That ice plug probably lasted well into the spring, so maybe the next overseer should think about building a wharf that reaches out to it (and to the other bigger ice plug in the mid-ocean) just in case this happens again. 

Was ocean water pouring into that fishing area, or was it flooded because of waves crashing over the top?

BronzeAge, your turn is next.  Be sure to dwarf NRDL as Nix.  It's probably about time to grow the militia anyway.

joeclark77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2013, 10:10:49 am »

In other news, we have fan art!  Be sure to thank Blue Viking Hog for his picture which now adorns the first post in this thread.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2013, 11:59:30 am »

Yeah, as soon as I realized how long the ice floe lasted, it melted. Talk about bad timing! Luckily most of the migrants weren't very skilled, and I did manage to save a legendary miner stuck on a different ice island.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6