Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Hunted Magi -Turn 7  (Read 7628 times)

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 5.5 The Inferno
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2013, 12:35:07 pm »

Actions:Avoid the deserters and follow the smoke back to the camp. If the fires are as out of control as they were, attempt to repress the flames with Water or Earth magic. If that is possible enter the camp and try to guide as many of the knights to safety as I can. 

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2013, 02:18:44 pm »

Action: Continue my efforts to guard Bree, and perhaps generate some wind magic if it helps smother out flames harming myself or allies.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RaijinKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2013, 10:42:22 pm »

Action: Start going on the offensive by lobbing fireballs at bandits, whilst keeping an eye out for Gerald.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:48:55 pm by RaijinKit »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2013, 03:46:01 am »

Turn 6:Consumed by fire and pages
"Fire!"

Find and book before putting out the flames on me and the book(possible by spell) and then leave my house.
    You rush to the door, your left arm falling off in chunks as the flesh turns to ash.  Slamming your way through you stagger straight into the heart of the inferno.  Flames crawl up and down your body and with the last of your power you lash out.  The power ruptures from your skin, splitting your flesh as your soul rends itself free.  The body falls behind you, engulfed with fire and crumbling into ash amongst the inferno.  Reaching for the book amongst the flames your specter drifts harmlessly through the burning house towards the book.  As your hand touches the still open blank page you see a temporary image of your own screaming face on the page.  Hooks come from the page and dig into your incorporeal form, dragging you down into the burning book as its pages blacken and fall out.  Staring up from the hole you are being dragged into you see the cover of the book come slamming down and everything goes black, a tiny whiff of flame curling off into the abyss.
     Outside the village people watch on helplessly as the inferno of your house collapses in on itself, the ruins crumbling down into the basement even as the torrential rains begin.  The flames die away, leaving a crumbled shell of your old house.  The revere is broken by screams as the village scout runs into the main street, arrows chasing him in.  He is torn down by the hail of death, and lies dyeing in the rain and the street, people run away or to the defense with hastily grabbed weapons.  They forget their dead quickly in battle, and memory of the simple burning house fades quickly in the eyes of the chaos.

"Oh balls. Well, it was nice knowing you, comrades..."

Observe the bandits whilst staying hidden. Try to discern who is the leader.

Cast Predatory Wind Rush and if it will only take 1 mana throw one of my swords through the head of the leader and then flee (otherwise shoot 5 arrows at him and his lieutenants, then flee, then shoot 5 arrows). Presuming some bandits follow, shoot up to 8 arrows into them and then continue to flee. Head away from the village to draw the bandits away, but whilst the Wind Rush is still in effect turn back towards the village (evading the bandits) to warn them that the bandits are coming and to prepare to fight to the death. Try not to let them see my supernatural speed and try to replenish my arrows.

Once they are warned, head back out to intercept the bandits (stealthily...). Cast Wind Rush when I find them. Grip my jawbone tightly in my fist and then shoot half my remaining arrows and then get the hell away from them because I will by now have no mana left unless my jawbone does something awesome and so will probably die. Flee and hide.

Basically I want to see if I can slow them, possibly by killing and dividing some of them and leading them astray - either whittling them down very slightly to improve the odds for the village, or slowing them down enough for my comrades and the knights to have a chance to get there and rescue us all. I really have no idea what would be better to do.

Of course, I'm not sure how long the wind rush lasted last time, so if it won't let me do all this then... I'll have to think, and possibly just run to warn the village, get the biggest pile of arrows I can, and then use my powers to help us build a wall of dead in front of the village barricades before we die If THIS happens, try to use my powers of windiness to blow the inevitable flames away from the buildings.

Either way I'm quite pessimistic about my being here in several turns.
      Calling on your power, you feel the blood begin rushing through your veins. Sneaking closer, you find that it is impossible to tell which of them is leading the group.  The power makes it hard to stay still, pushing you closer to your prey, the predator’s soul wracked with hunger for the chase. The sheer amount of enemies brings your blood to a roaring boil; the expressions of the deserters convey a sense of security and safeness, which makes you scowl. Your weapons call to you and answering them you aim at the nearest man’s neck.  With a flash the five arrows are free, before you jog backwards away from the camp.  Watching with satisfaction, you grin wildly into the night as the arrows strike home and spill fresh crimson. Laughing to yourself with no small amount of crazed hilarity, you turn around and rush madly off into the night, your laughing and taunting drawing a sizable portion of the bandits after you. Leaping into the air, you spin whilst drawing another arrow and land atop a large boulder.  You impatiently wait for the deserters to come within sight once more.  Just as you feel your enthusiasm ebbing, they come into sight. Aiming for the whites of their eyes, you nock and unleash another five arrows into the cold wind.  Smirking, you can’t stop yourself from trying to shoot through all of them as they line up with near perfection for the kill. With a blast of power, you send an arrow splitting through the night air.  You jump for joy as you watch the three deserters crumble to the ground, bones shattered and bodies limp, and with a cheerful spin you go running off through the woods.  It appears that none of them are following you, and after a few minutes of running, you nearly turn around to go track more down.  Momentarily, you realize that the power is filling you with an insatiable maniac blood lust. It takes all you can muster to reason with yourself, that there will be more fighting after you get back to the village.
     “Well then, my little one, why are we running around in the woods killing the weak ones?  Let us go, to the hunt, to the battle, to death and gore and battle!” You cackle to yourself, and with a bubbling giggle you launch off into the woods towards the village.  Managing to get back to the outskirts before the power begins to fade, you rest for a second to compose yourself.  As the power ebbs and the insanity subsides, you hear an echo inside your mind. “Call me if you need me, little one.  Oh… and at least let me watch if there’s battle.  Normal life is so… boring… *yawnnn*.”  You see smoke rising from the village, and hurrying into town find that there appears to only be an accidental fire at the moment. Struggling to avoid helping put the fire out, you instead run to the government buildings in an attempt to warn the people. Finding that many people have already begun arming themselves out of the old storehouse, you rush to your parents, who are still talking with the Reeve as he coordinates the defense.  Explaining the situation as best you can, the Reeve manages to get everyone moving twice as fast on the defenses.  Looking about, it seems that most of the townspeople have blocked off the large trade square in the center of the village, the houses on each side forming a natural wall with the four main roads blocked by wagons and barrels. In the center of the square is the large old government building, and off to one side is the church. The stone church itself is fairly small, whereas the wooden government building is massive, consisting of four separate structures connected together formed as add-ons to the mayors house.  Even with the entire population of the village in the town square, the defenders at each of the roads barely number thirty for each road.  Another eighty are in the buildings around the town square, armed with bows.  Women and children crowd into the church and government buildings for safety, while the torches of the men form a barrier on the edge of the square.  You head into the storehouse and grab a barrel lid that someone had made into a quick shield, as well as all the arrows your quiver can hold.  On the way out the door, you snag a wood axe that was leaning against one wall. Walking through the square, you head to the street that would take you back towards the bandits. You sigh at the fact that most of the men are holding only basic farm tools, or an occasional chipped and rusted sword.  Just as you go to climb over the barricades, men on the opposite side of the square scream in agony as a wave of arrows ripples over the defenses.  Standing atop the makeshift barricade you look across the square and see a mass of deserters walking down the street. Even as you watch, someone shouts for you to look out.  You leap off the barricade and land on the ground with the defenders as a wave of arrows skirts overhead. From the other sides of the square, men begin shouting that they are under attack, and all around you people scream for help. Staggering to your feet, you see the first wave of deserters climbing over the barricades. Many are struck down by the archers in the buildings, but they seem endless.  The group you encountered had to just be one of many… there’s no way that there was this many before, you desperately try and ready yourself as the battle begins.
      Thunder cracks in the heavens and a torrential rain begins, instantly soaking and chilling you to the bone.  A voice whispers into your ear “So then little one, we are trapped… let’s show them our fangs?”

Arrows=50
+Barrel Lid Shield
+Woods Axe
-3 Mana

***Be warned, you can do amazing things but you are still as fragile as a human being at the moment.  Death comes to all in time.
Nom nom nom

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 6;First Death?
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2013, 04:01:38 am »

Yay this games still alive  :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2013, 04:07:35 am »

So, I am dead-dead or just ghost trapped?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2013, 05:12:41 am »

So, I am dead-dead or just ghost trapped?
Bit of both, you are both trapped and you have no physical body.  Honestly... the way the rolls went you were dead.  If someone gets the book you might be able to rebuild a body though.

Yay this games still alive  :D
Next round of turn updates coming tomorrow after I pass out for a few hours <3
Nom nom nom

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »

((Right... bugger. I will have to reveal myself and possibly let myself be overtaken by the bloodlust or my home town may be massacred. Hmm.))

Dash into the nearest building that offers both protection and good line of sight (the church if possible). Grasping the jawbone, plead for power and protection from it as I activate the day's last Rush. Loose all but the last arrow into the bandits as they cross the barricades. Take offensive action and hunt them down if they get in amongst the buildings, favouring the bow until I have only one last (dramatic emergency) arrow. Once down to this arrow, if I can't get more from my fellow defenders then draw axe and attempt to fight my way to the church if I am not already there, and try to protect the main entrance (from inside). Hope I don't give in to the maniac blood lust, but if that's what it takes to protect me and mine so be it.

((I wanted to say something like activate Rush and then charge at the bandits, trying to drive them back as I shoot 50 arrows at them, but then I reread the last line of the last turn... Also, pleased to have an update :) ))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2013, 10:32:46 pm »

Bump because the 504's are gone and i wants my turn   ;D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2013, 11:53:57 am »

Look around my prison.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2013, 05:01:54 am »

Turn 6.75;Not my arm again!
Action: Start going on the offensive by lobbing fireballs at bandits, whilst keeping an eye out for Gerald.
     The rain steams off your skin, and with a blast you launch the first projectile off into the fighting.  It screams through the air and blasts into the back of a deserter.  He shouts in surprise, and attempts to pat the flames out.  A nearby knight takes the opportunity to relieve him of his head; however your flames die off rapidly in the rain.  Taking careful aim you shoot at the men who are in the middle of combat, causing enough distractions that the fighting slowly begins to turn in the knight’s favor.  With the amount of rain, even direct hits to exposed skin appear to be causing little more than mild burns.  The torrential rain is sapping at your strength, your flesh burns hot but the rain is unending.  Casting about for more energy you quickly absorb what is left of the once raging inferno.  As the last of the fires die, the camp is plunged into the darkness of night.  You stagger unable to see after having stared into the heart of the flame.  Attempting to light up the night with your power, any flames you bring forth quickly fizzle and die away.  You feel the last of the power drain from the amulet and your body, and with a whimper of pain you fall to your knees in the mud.  Blinded and powerless you watch the last bits of fire spark out between your fingers, jumping as Gerald lay’s his hand on your shoulder.  With his help you rise to your feet, and take ahold of his arm.  Slowly he helps you out of the fighting towards the edge of the forest, relieved you begin to see indistinct shapes in the darkness and he sets you down on a rock at the edge of the field.  Looking up at his dark form you hear him say, “It looks like the last few deserters are making a run for it now that the fires are gone… however there is nothing left in what was once the camp.  There are only perhaps 12 soldiers alive and staggering around, and I can’t see an unburned structure.  We need to get back to the village soon or at least out of the rain.”  Just nodding your agreement you slump over against his arm, completely exhausted.  By the time your vision has returned enough that you can see without the fires, all the survivors have joined up with you and Gerald at the edge of the field.
-Drained of charge

Action: Continue my efforts to guard Bree, and perhaps generate some wind magic if it helps smother out flames harming myself or allies.
    Standing watch, you begin concentrating on the air currents and patterns.  The torrential rain pattering against your skull makes it hard to focus, though you feel the wind shift and begin blowing away from the center of the camp.   Impossibly the wind begins blowing outwards gently in all directions, with the air and rain coming down together at the center of the camp.  Focusing on guarding Bree and maintaining the control of the air currents at the same time is taxing, and you barely manage to notice the man sneaking up behind you.  Spinning with your hammer in your hands you swing wildly at the man behind you, he leaps backwards out of range while shifting the dagger in his hand to fight.  The fires around the camp are quickly fading in the torrential rain and it is hard to see where he is until he gets very close.  Barely avoiding his blade as he slashes at your arm, you pivot and swing with your weight behind the hammer.  The man is far quicker than you and the momentum causes you to stagger forward.  He raises the dagger above his head and swings down towards your neck; dropping your hammer into the mud you grab his wrist just inches from your exposed flesh.  Standing back up straight you bend his arm downwards forcing him to his knees and with a single punch from your free hand you send him sprawling in the mud.  Retrieving your hammer you move to finish him off, but find that he bolted into the night when you weren’t looking.
      Looking around the camp just as the fires begin to die away, you see that there is nothing left of the tents or any other structure.  The surviving deserters are fleeing into the darkness now that the fires and smoke has been blown away, and all you can see of the soldiers are 14 men in a group near the center of the field.  Two you recognize as Jim and Marcus, shuddering at the sheer amount of dead and dying scattered around the camp you look back to Bree.  Seeing her shaking with exhaustion you protectively place your hand on her shoulder.  Guiding her to the edge of the field to be sure that none of the deserters are still alive and dangerous you sit down next to her on a rock and say to her;
      “It looks like the last few deserters are making a run for it now that the fires are gone… however there is nothing left in what was once the camp.  There are only perhaps 12 soldiers alive and staggering around, and I can’t see an unburned structure.  We need to get back to the village soon or at least out of the rain.”   After a few minutes your eyes adjust enough to the night that you can see somewhat without the fires.  Eventually Jim, Marcus and the surviving soldiers join you at the edge of the woods.  The soldiers look to be in bad shape, though none have life threatening injuries. 
+1/10 hammer skill
-3 Mana

hmmm demon you say?

follow and assist Sir Erwin, have my dagger fly around above me hidden in the smoke and use it to slit the exposed throats of deserters who try to engage us in combat.

((you forgot to add the shield Sir Erwin gave me))
     Sensing the magic infused dagger in your pack, you levitate it out of your pack and send it into the air.  Strapping the shield to your left arm and readying the sword with your right you follow behind Sir Erwin.  The knight moves like a man possessed and you can barely match his speed, he scythes through the night and slaughters the deserters he encounters with a single blow.  Though as you work your way closer to the center of the fighting you notice that most of the knights seem incredibly sluggish, and as you watch one of them falls to his knees and retches into the mud.  Seconds later he collapses onto his side and twitches for a second or two before dying.  Hearing Sir Erwin mumble about poisoned food and weaponry you raise your shield nervously.  Few of the soldiers are left alive as many fall to the poison after just a minor cut, you then realize that Sir Erwin is covered in small cuts and yet seems to be perfectly fine.  However before you manage to contemplate it, a number of deserters attack you and Sir Erwin, as the knights they were fighting collapse into the mud.
        The knight cuts his way forward deeper into the combat and leaves you facing off against three men.  The first charges forward with his hand axe swinging, and you instinctively bring the dagger out of the smoke and send is flashing through his raised arm.  He drops the weapon into the mud and screams in pain, his arm falls limp by his side and he runs off into the darkness in fear.  The other two stagger backwards before charging you as well.  You bring the dagger flashing back out of the smoke and strike one of the two in his chest, he grabs ahold of the hilt as you try and pull it free with your power.  The dagger breaks and the glass shards go slicing through his hand and body.  With a gurgle the man crashes to the ground and you lose control of the dagger as it disintegrates into a cloud of glittering dust.  Barely reacting in time you block with your shield, and the force of the impact from the last deserters mace sends you staggering backwards a step.  His attacks are unfocused and panicked as he continues to slam the mace into your raised shield, you trip over a body and fall into the mud.  The deserter leaps towards you and slams the mace onto your raised shield, and with a crack the shield breaks apart and you feel a shooting pain through your arm.  Just as he raises the mace once more you bring the sword up and slash it deep into his armpit, cutting through his ribcage and into the man’s lungs.  The man sputters fresh blood onto your face before collapsing on top of you.  Groaning in pain as he traps your hurt arm between the two of you, you struggle futilely to free yourself.
     You can see the light from the flames disappearing as the rain continues to fall onto your upturned face, your struggling churns up the ground beneath you as the water from the torrential rain raises in large puddles.  The mud and water begins rising above your ears and for a second you panic that you will drown in the middle of the battlefield.  Just as you start to feel water leaking into your mouth as the weight of the massive dead man pushes you ever deeper into the mud, the weight suddenly disappears and you see Marcus standing over you.  He helps you to your feet and you see that the battle is over.  Only twelve of the soldiers are left alive, and it seems the only proper knight left alive is the man you saved initially.  You go to remove the last bits of your broken shield that is still attached to your left arm and find that you are barely able to twitch your fingers, and the bone is at least fractured if not broken.  As painful as it is, you manage to free your arm and stagger with the rest of the survivors to the edge of the battle field.  On the way Sir Erwin thanks you for the help, and explains to you how the deserters killed all the wounded, even their wounded, as they fled.  The idea of the complete lack of any mercy makes you momentarily sick though you can’t help but notice that even though Sir Erwin’s armor and cloths are in tatters, he appears free of poison and completely unhurt.  You then realize that even the slash that you saw him take to the side is caked in blood but looks to have sealed itself shut during the fight. 
      Cautiously you ask him “Sir Erwin, are you wounded at all?”
      “No, but you are.  We’ll need to get you a split or something like that… unless you have more tricks that I don’t know of.”
      “Do you have any tricks I don’t know of?”
      “Kid, you live long enough and you might find out.  Don’t bring it up again tonight.”  You see an angry glint in his eyes and shudder, stepping away from him a bit you relax against a large boulder that Bree and Gerald are sitting on.  The group of soldiers mill about a bit, some talking in hushed voices with Sir Erwin while others bandage up each other’s wounds.
Lost Shield+Dagger
+Fractured Arm
-3 Health
-2 Mana (Dagger Shattered and caused feed-back on your power)

Actions:Avoid the deserters and follow the smoke back to the camp. If the fires are as out of control as they were, attempt to repress the flames with Water or Earth magic. If that is possible enter the camp and try to guide as many of the knights to safety as I can. 
    Managing to work your way back into the camp, you wait for a minute at the edge of the woods.  The heavy rain is quickly putting out the many fires, and it looks like a lot of the grasses have already burned away to the dirt.  However you still attempt to put the fires out quickly and focusing yourself you try and imagine the fires being buried underneath the mud.  You feel energy leaking from yourself into the surrounding area; however you don’t notice anything different in the rain or ground.  Deciding to just attempt to help the surviving soldiers you hurry past the rapidly fading fires and through the torrential rain into the battle.  You tell Ash to hide himself inside your backpack, and once he is hidden from sight you enter into the main part of the battle.  With the walls of fire gone, the deserters are mostly fleeing from the camp in all directions and many pass you quickly without a glance.  Deciding to help those alive as opposed to trying to kill the fleeing you rush into the combat.  All around you soldiers are falling from poisoned blades, while even more deserters are fleeing or dying to the trained men.  The knights who are not wounded ignore your attempts to lead them from the camp, and the wounded ones die before you can manage to summon any of your power.  Just then you notice a live man trapped underneath a large corpse, and moving the body aside you find Jim sinking into the mud.  Pulling him free from the churned ground, you help him from the combat as the last few deserters flee into the dark of night.  In very little time the battle is over and the last of the soldiers have gathered beside your group. 
      Looking about you see that the devastation of the fire, though short lived, was utterly complete.  None of the camp is still standing, and the torrential rain is quickly turning the ground to ankle deep mud.  Realizing that the mud is due to your own magic, you attempt to break the enchantment on the field but find that it’s utterly impossible to remove at your current strength.  Looking about it seems as though the water is either rising unnaturally fast or the ground itself is slowly sinking downwards.  It’s hard to tell what is happening in the darkness and rain, though the ground at the edge of the field is still very solid.
-2 Mana
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:05:00 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 6.75
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2013, 05:09:50 am »

Sir Erwin after consulting with the other surviving soldiers approaches your group.  He looks between your faces and suddenly drops to his right knee and bows his head. You watch as the other soldiers behind him all kneel to the ground as well.  Once the last of the soldiers kneels into the mud Sir Erwin looks up towards your group and says "Without your help the last of us would have certainly perished, whether you are daemons, angels or something else entirely we are indebted to you for the remainder of our lives.  What would you have us do?"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:21:32 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2013, 08:48:30 am »

Gerald straightens himself up and speaks to the Knight, feeling a bit uncomfortable at the praise and pomp.

He supposed when you started fireballs around, people respected you alot more.

"You can stand up now, sir Knight-I'm not the sort of person you should be bowing to, anyway. Just a miners son.

And...right now, we're just looking to meet that Lord Jace-that's what we came here for, anyway-since all high talk of debts and honor aside, right now we're trying to keep our home of Rutsett out of this mess as best we can. Can you help us?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2013, 09:05:14 am »

Find me a splint good knight and ill call it even for my part, alas my tricks do not cover the mending of bones. says Jim with a pained grimace.

get a splint for my arm until such time as i can get it properly healed, try to get a little rest if possible while the others confer with Sir Erwin about recieving an audience with lord Jace.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2013, 09:20:14 am »

((Right... bugger. I will have to reveal myself and possibly let myself be overtaken by the bloodlust or my home town may be massacred. Hmm.))

Dash into the nearest building that offers both protection and good line of sight (the church if possible). Grasping the jawbone, plead for power and protection from it as I activate the day's last Rush. Loose all but the last arrow into the bandits as they cross the barricades. Take offensive action and hunt them down if they get in amongst the buildings, favouring the bow until I have only one last (dramatic emergency) arrow. Once down to this arrow, if I can't get more from my fellow defenders then draw axe and attempt to fight my way to the church if I am not already there, and try to protect the main entrance (from inside). Hope I don't give in to the maniac blood lust, but if that's what it takes to protect me and mine so be it.

((I wanted to say something like activate Rush and then charge at the bandits, trying to drive them back as I shoot 50 arrows at them, but then I reread the last line of the last turn... Also, pleased to have an update :) ))

You make a run for the church, hearing arrows and stones crashing around you from the attackers.  Barely managing to avoid getting hit you rush in past the men standing guard at the church.  Leaping past the frightening people you grab ahold of the old wooden ladder that leads up to the bell tower.  Climbing quickly you open the hatch and jump through into the dusty old space.  Locking the hatch back down behind yourself, you then turn and throw open the four windows around the tiny room.  Years ago the bell was taken out for repairs, and for one reason or another never put back in.  Setting your weapons against one of the walls you pull the jawbone from your pocket and concentrate.  Talking to the voice you heard before you plead for it to give you all the power and protection that it can muster and before long that maniac bloodlust begins rising within yourself.  Panicked that you might turn on the villagers, you almost cut off the stream of strength before realizing that they suddenly feel like pack members to you.  The terrified cries of the children in the lower part of the building along with the fresh blood flowing in the street awaken the ancient thing deep within the bone.  Managing to avoid breaking into maniac laughter you yell down through the hatch to the men standing at the door “Get me any arrows left in the supply NOW!”  Your tone and the fact that you are hanging upside down out of the hatch forces them into action and you pull yourself back up into the bell tower.  Retrieving your bow from against the wall you quickly look out each of the four windows before deciding to help the northern defenders first.  Shooting rapidly into the oncoming enemy you manage to kill or at least wound with most of your arrows though the darkness of night makes it impossible to tell how many there still are.  Just as you begin to run out of ammo the first of the men you sent for arrows comes up through the hatch, and dumping a bundle of wooden arrows into the room he turns around and takes another bundle from the next person.  Unfortunately it seems that all they have is the target practice arrows that lack any sort of metal tip.  Moving from window to window you fire the wooden arrows into the attacker’s ranks and at any who manage to get past the first line of defenses. 
       However having exhausted all of your normal arrows except for one last one, you are only capable of inflicting light wounds on the oncoming enemy.  Before long you have burned through even the last of the practice arrows as one of the men that you sent for supplies sits on the floor staring at your unnatural speed.  You hook your bow over your shoulder and pick up the axe and shield.  The man stutters something meaningless about how you shot nearly 500 arrows in the last six minutes, and you hear shouts from outside that the defenders are falling back to a ring around the two central buildings.  You kick open the hatch and with a laugh leap down the hole, slamming to the ground fifteen or more feet down you then bolt out the door of the church.  All around you the defenders desperately try and form a defensive line to protect the women and children though their lack of training is painfully evident.  Luckily none of the attackers seem interested in actually getting to the women and children, and so with a whooping cry you sprint off towards the nearest fight.  Throwing your axe you catch the first man in the back, and ripping it free slash directly into the next.  Dancing and laughing through the fight you inflict injury upon injury, never stopping to deliver more blows then needed to incapacitate the enemy.
     You feel stings like those of small insects upon your body but continue your dance of death, your blows striking so rapidly and freely that the air fills with a crimson mist.  The battle spins into a blur of gore and losing your shield to something you draw a sword in your free hand.  Before what seems like very long the haft of your axe shatters and you draw the second sword.  Twirling and singing you dance through the melee though begin to become aware that ever less of your allied defenders are present.  Working your way back to the church you stand guard at the entrance and are comforted to see that the defense of the government building is going somewhat better.  However as the square clears of the defenders the assault backs off as archers come to the front.  You slam the church door shut just as a wave of shafts ripple across the woodwork and shatter windows.  The rain patters against the roof and only now are you even slightly aware once more of your surroundings.  Coming to your senses you order the men inside the church to throw the storm shutters closed, and even as the protective wooden boards close another volley ripples against the building.  One of the men hands you a spare shield, and you take stock of what you have left.  Only 7 able bodied defenders managed to get within the church, and the pews and floor is filled with huddled civilians. 
     The bloodlust fades completely and you are suddenly aware of a number of cuts across your body.  An older woman lays her hand on your shoulder and asks you to sit down for a minute.  Meanwhile you hear the attackers being ordered to create barricades and begin looting the town, it seems that they intend to starve you out or wait for the rain to stop and burn you out.  With the churches heavy iron and wooden doors and windows shut, you worry about the people inside the government building more than yourself.  Allowing the older women to sit you down on a free bench, she gives you a piece of wood to bite into while she begins sewing your injuries closed.  The experience is many times more painful than when they were inflicted and your coating of blood makes it difficult to tell where you are bleeding and where it is other people’s blood.  Eventually she finishes and wraps most of your arms, legs and chest in bandages; you had failed to notice how many times you had been hit.  Someone brings you a glass of water though you realize that most of the people are shying away from you, and feeling somewhat faint you lean backwards against the wooden seat.  Meanwhile outside the church you can hear men arguing over valuables they are stealing from the homes and shops.  It sounds like there are still a large number of people outside.
-6 Health
-2 Mana
-Feared and Revered by the populace of Rutsett
Lost Axe
Lost Barrel Shield
Gained banded iron and wood shield
Used 49 arrows
-Leather Armor Sliced to tatters

Look around my prison.
    You find yourself in a very dark space, and feel as though you are trapped in-between worlds.  You can't feel your body, or anything else for that matter however you can sense that either you or the book is trapped beneath a large pile of rubble.  Occasionally you can hear people talking or yelling, and after what seems like a short period of time you begin hearing the dying screams of men.  It echoes around you like twisted music and no matter what you try to do you are unable to shut out the sound as their pained screams flash past you deeper into the oblivion. After what seems like an eternity the screams fade away and you are left alone in the abyss once more.  You can feel people moving around nearby but they all seem dull and only half alive to you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:25:04 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9