Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Hunted Magi -Turn 7  (Read 7642 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 2.5
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56:34 pm »

totally missed putting that into the character sheet on the first page... sorry.  Shoulda said something, I'm trying to keep the third post up-to-date as opposed to keeping a running tally underneath each turn.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 1.5
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2013, 12:23:33 pm »

"Look, I didn't think, I'm sorry... I thought they might get away and... and yes, we should hide the bodies. I heard them, there's more of them and they're going to raid the village. We need to tell someone."

Check the bodies for any signs of who they might be. Also check for keys to Ealdwine's shackles - and take them as evidence if possible. Take one of the leather armours if it looks like I can wear it comfortably and unencumberedly. Ealdwine should carry one too if possible. Both me and Eealdwine should take a sword; in fact I'll take two. Keep a look out whilst doing this, then hide the bodies as well as possible a reasonable distance from the path and head back to the town. We can eat and drink on the way. Be careful not to active the jawbone in Ealdwine's presence unless we are attacked - in that case use it. Also cover our tracks if it is possible.

Waking up, Richard open the book. Yes it was still there, along with all he knew about the spell which was not the greatest amount.

He went to work and pondered. The spell was draining at his level of skill so not good to train with. Yes he plan to train his magic. It was part of him now, best to learn it now then burning down half the village by accident.

The burning net spell or Ensnaring Fire as his book called it was made by his will. Maybe he could make another one, but what. Best to stick with fire since he knew he could do that. What would be the weakest and lowest cost fire spell? Fireball? No that would be a fire part and a contain part therefore the simplest would be a blast of fire.

Turn for tomorrow, go to work, when free time come up find empty space and try for a low cost fire blast spell.

Bree smiles distantly up at Marcus as he hands her back her belongings. "I must agree with Marcus.. We need to find somewhere hidden, somewhere safe." Bree winces as she looks down at herself once more, her head still pounding somewhat. "I'm sure we're all fairly ragged after a night like this."

Action: Gather my stuff and attempt to get up and follow Marcus, trying to find someplace to sleep off this headache.

I suppose you are right, perhaps we should find a place outside of town to recuperate and decide our next move.
follow bree and marcus, upon arrival at wherever we hide take a seat out of view and offer to share my food before i begin eating, once finished lean against a wall and get some sleep.

"I don't think going back to the village with a wounded man and a blood-soaked girl would be the best idea. I suggest we seek out somewhere nearby, sleep and then I think I can heal Jim, after that we can work out what to do.

This everyone but Gerald's (Dwarmin) right?  I'm going to start on Iawatooshort's turn next, though atm it might intersect with the other peoples so we might be seeing the first 'everyone at once' turn in awhile.   Also didn't I see something about someone torching the building and trying to adsorb the fire, and then it got deleted? 
Nom nom nom

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2013, 03:31:42 pm »

Yeah i was gonna do that but the others decided to bugger off and find somewhete to sleep and i figured that would be an easier method of regaining mana

Less awesome, but easier
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2013, 04:39:06 pm »

Action: Follow Marcus's lead and attempt to watch for more trouble during the night. Try to stay awake as long as I can.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2013, 06:21:00 pm »

Quote from: Bree
Bree smiles distantly up at Marcus as he hands her back her belongings. "I must agree with Marcus.. We need to find somewhere hidden, somewhere safe." Bree winces as she looks down at herself once more, her head still pounding somewhat. "I'm sure we're all fairly ragged after a night like this."

Action: Gather my stuff and attempt to get up and follow Marcus, trying to find someplace to sleep off this headache.
Quote from: Jim
I suppose you are right, perhaps we should find a place outside of town to recuperate and decide our next move.
follow bree and marcus, upon arrival at wherever we hide take a seat out of view and offer to share my food before i begin eating, once finished lean against a wall and get some sleep.

Quote from: Marcus
"I don't think going back to the village with a wounded man and a blood-soaked girl would be the best idea. I suggest we seek out somewhere nearby, sleep and then I think I can heal Jim, after that we can work out what to do.
Quote from: Gerald
Action: Follow Marcus's lead and attempt to watch for more trouble during the night. Try to stay awake as long as I can.

Moving together you set off, stumbling through the darkness.  Before too long it becomes apparent that both Bree and Jim won’t be able to walk by themselves for too much farther, and so Bree begins leaning on Gerald while Marcus helps Jim stay on his feet.  ! Despite it being nearly an hour away the group attempts to get to the hunting camp that Marcus frequently uses.  !  The going is slow, though entirely uneventful and by the time everyone staggers into the natural cave created by the overhanging roots it has become exceptionally late in the night.  There are a few pieces of furniture in the large dirt cave, and the cave itself was created by a number of ancient trees growing together while the dirt wore away from underneath their roots.  It is dry and spacious, with the tightly grown ceiling keeping any water from falling through, except at the hole cut in the ceiling near the middle to allow for smoke to escape.  Marcus pauses for a second and stares at the tree growing from the fire pit in the center of the natural cave, ! shrugging off the strange feeling he had when seeing it he moves to set Jim down beside the fire pit.   Bree takes a seat on the other side of the fire pit while Gerald and Marcus gather a small amount of fire-wood to ward off the cold night air. 
     Jim splits up his food into 4 piles on the bag it was in, leaving enough for breakfast and by the time he’s got everyone’s food organized Marcus and Gerald walk back into the cave with wood for the fire.  ! Sighing Marcus moves to pull out the young tree in the fire pit, and to his astonishment the sapling comes out exceptionally easily with all its roots intact.  He sets the small tree down outside the cave before coming back in to sit by the fire pit.  ! Meanwhile Gerald fills the fire pit with the scraps of wood, and sets about it with his flint and steel, the fire sparking to life quickly and banishing the choking darkness from the cave.  Everyone eats in silence and watches the small fire, the cave begins to warm somewhat as Bree and Jim lay down to sleep. 
    “So Marcus, I’m going to hold off on sleeping for as long as I can to try and keep watch… do you want me to wake you before I go to sleep?” says Gerald in a quiet voice, mindful not to wake the already asleep other two.
     “May as well, I doubt that anyone would show up here but you can never be certain.  Goodnight then.”  Marcus whispers before lying down to fall asleep himself.   Gerald moves and sits in the chair near to side of the cave to keep watch ! however it isn’t long before he falls asleep himself, forgetting to wake Marcus.

Gerald- ! You dream that you are working the mines with your father.  The rock giving way under your combined blows as you work in silence digging a new tunnel to access deeper stone, though you begin to feel something is wrong.  Looking back over your shoulder where your father was working all you can see is piled rubble.  Panicking you try and dig him free, only to realize that you too are trapped within a small air pocket.  The darkness creeps in as your lantern burns lower and lower, all the while you try and dig towards where your father should be.  Suddenly your panicked digging causes the ceiling to shudder and the stone falls inwards.  You wake with a jump and fall out of the chair, moaning into the dirt as you land on the floor of the cave.  Looking around you see everyone else waking up, and the noon sun burning down through the few holes in the roof, ! and notice that Marcus seems to be holding the hand of a small sapling.  You stare dumbfounded at the tiny tree moving around near Marcus’s feet with a glowing rune on its bark.

Marcus- ! You feel stuck in the same place, trapped within flesh that won’t move.  Cold and exposed you are subject to the whims of everything around you, but your will begins to take root and slowly the immobile flesh gives way. ! A new sense of being, seeing the world for the first time you move towards the source of warmth that you recognize as a parent. ! The body is awkward to move in, though it grows to a vaguely more human shape as your will ever increases the mobility and a glowing rune takes shape on your body.  It serves as the focus for your thought and sight, and you feel that the source of warmth which you can now see as a sleeping man is the person dragging you into being.  Wondering who this man is you prod him with an outstretched limb. 
      Jumping awake you see a small tree with a vaguely human shape standing beside you, you try and back up across the dirt floor of the cave before it leaps on you.  It wraps it’s small branches around your arm and you think that you can sense it laughing with excitement.  Pushing it gently back it stands on the dirt floor, and the glowing swirly rune on its trunk seems to be staring at you.  The little sapling has an inch or two wide trunk, with two separate limbs ending in a mass of roots and dirt for legs.  It’s branches sway slightly as it tilts to gaze at you through the rune, and two larger branches look slightly like arms, but otherwise it looks like a normal sapling. ! Without the rune it would appear to just be a slightly strange looking tree, and you try and ask it if it can make the rune disappear.  The rune instantly flickers out, and it stands perfectly still.  Worried that the new little sapling died you reach towards it, the rune flickers back to life and it grabs ahold of your hand with twisting branches in a loose grip.  You think that you can hear it laughing lightly though no sound reaches your ears.  Realizing that it’s not a dream you look around to see that the others are all staring at you and the sapling.
-Gained Follower; Sapling
-Learned Partial Knowledge-(Advanced Nature)-Impart Life-???-???
-2 Mana max increase

Jim- ! Your sleep is decent enough, as long as you can avoid rolling over onto the arrow in your shoulder.  Waking up a half-dozen times in the night due to the pain, ! you still manage to get a decent amount of rest.  At one point during the night when you wake up you think that you can see Marcus glowing slightly, though you quickly just roll over and fall back asleep.  Come morning you groan and sit up beside the burnt out fire.  Rubbing the sleep from your eyes you notice that there is a sapling rooted in the dirt beside you, ! though when it suddenly moves you fall backwards and pin the arrow underneath your shoulder.  Shouting in pain you roll over and sit back up, fresh blood dribbles from the wound as you move away from the living plant a bit.  Your arm feels a bit numb, and you are having some trouble moving your fingers now, though whether that is from landing on it or just having an arrow in your shoulder, you are unsure.

Bree- ! Your sleep is so deep that you do not dream for the entire night.  Waking up, your clothes creak from the dried blood in them as you sit up.  Stretching you yawn, and try and shake off the dull ache still present in your head.  Moving out of the cave before everyone else wakes up; you make your way to a nearby stream and wash your skin and hair.  The little stream runs red as you wash off the dried blood, and the morning mist makes you feel uneasy being out alone.  Finishing you head back into the cave while shaking the water from your hair.  Just as you get back in you hear Jim shout in pain ! and Gerald crashes to the floor, fearing another attack you react and form a swirling ball of air in your hand.  Summoning the power of your Air Razor you look around for the enemy, but seeing nothing you let it dissipate.  Only then do you notice the little moving plant that is holding onto Marcus’s arm as he laughs and tries to push it off.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 3
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »

Scapheaps and Iawatooshort's turns incoming next, will be up tonight I swear.  (p.s. sorry for not giving you a turn update for like 4 days iawatooshort)
Nom nom nom

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2013, 06:40:02 pm »

Uhhh marcus? Why is there a small tree attached to your arm?

consult marcus on how the sapling came into being, engrave the swirly rune onto a rock for future reference. After that is done head down to the stream and wash my shoulder and shirt.
Grab a handful of sand once im done and take it back to camp then grab hold of my amulet and try to make the sand form a dagger shape in midair, if succesfull cast inflame on it to turn it into glass.

Pull the arrow out of my shoulder seconds before the regrowth attempt

Also have a very important question... what species of tree is it?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:33:08 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »

It's definitely deciduous, as for actual species I can leave that up to Narsis.  Oak maybe?
Nom nom nom

RaijinKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 12:29:09 am »

Bree rolls her bright blue eyes at the scene as she approaches the fire, a very small, amused smile pulling at her cheeks. “You nearly scared me out of my knickers. Is that thing.. under control?” She sits down at a close, but safe distance from the fire, trying to dry herself off. “How did everyone sleep?” Bree asks while combing her hands through her hair, the fire slowly leeching the cold from her bones. “I slept soundly.. As for the sapling, do you think it might be possible to do.. things...while we sleep?” She begins to frown worriedly over to Marcus and Gerald, before remembering that Jim had shouted. Her gaze shifts over to him, her brow furrowing at the sight of the arrow still buried in his shoulder. “We should probably send someone back to town.. for clothes and medicine.”

Action: Inquire about the nature of the sapling, then examine my own artifact once more. Out of curiousity, I focus on the fire in an attempt to make it dwindle momentarily. Wait for a response from the rest of the group about sending someone to town.

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 10:23:02 am »

I play with the sapling while talking to the others, letting him swing off my arm and clamber onto my shoulder. "The night after we were in the ruins I was testing out my powers and this guy grew out of the ash pile, but he was just a tree before. Other than that I'm as lost as you lot, but he seems to listen to me well enough" I stand up and let the little tree sit remain on my shoulder "He's no threat to any of you so at the moment he's no one's concern but mine, however, we do need to do something about Jim's shoulder, so if its alright with him I'm gonna try and sort it out.".

Action: If Jim will let me, attempt to heal the wound with Regrowth. Then find out what the rest of the group want to do.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2013, 12:10:17 pm »

Gerald felt almost as if he were being pulled in two..

One side a destroyer, the other a preserver.

Action: Practice my wind magic to start, learning to control it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2013, 07:29:23 pm »

well on the one hand it might work but on the other hand you might just cause any splinters left in my shoulder to grow into trees.

Go for it..

Whatever you do dont roll a one, i have no desire to sprout an orchatd from my shoulder.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:31:17 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2013, 08:31:04 pm »

((he's not intending to remove the arrow, he specifically pm'ed me about this))
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2013, 10:52:08 pm »

Quote from: Osgar
"Look, I didn't think, I'm sorry... I thought they might get away and... and yes, we should hide the bodies. I heard them, there's more of them and they're going to raid the village. We need to tell someone."

Check the bodies for any signs of who they might be. Also check for keys to Ealdwine's shackles - and take them as evidence if possible. Take one of the leather armours if it looks like I can wear it comfortably and unencumberedly. Ealdwine should carry one too if possible. Both me and Eealdwine should take a sword; in fact I'll take two. Keep a look out whilst doing this, then hide the bodies as well as possible a reasonable distance from the path and head back to the town. We can eat and drink on the way. Be careful not to active the jawbone in Ealdwine's presence unless we are attacked - in that case use it. Also cover our tracks if it is possible.
  Searching the bodies you manage to find some sort of certificate on one of them, it reads “Officially annulled of your crimes by the future king, Lord Jace.  The holder of this certificate is required to serve in the revolution army to account for past crimes, on the pain of death.”  Huh, it seems these guys were ex-criminals, and there is some dude planning a revolution.  Some more investigation on the bodies turns up another note discussing how under no circumstances should the people of Rutsett be harmed except in the course of defense.  It goes on to say how it should be a peaceful as possible occupation, and that the townspeople’s support will be needed later on.  You figure that the soldiers working for this Lord Jace have their own opinions about what should happen at Rutsett, this doesn’t bode well; an army composed of criminals under the leadership of a revolutionist who clearly has little hold on them.  Deciding to leave the heavy metal shackles behind in favor of the document and weapons you ask Ealdwine to come help get the armor off the corpses.
    You unceremoniously strip the bodies of their weapons and armor.  Looking a bit annoyed at the arrow holes you fit the shorter man’s armor over your chest.  With some adjustments of the straps you manage to get it fitting relatively well, though you are unsure how effective it will be; certainly didn’t slow down your arrows.  Ealdwine takes the taller man’s armor and fits it on as well, “So Osgar, how big of a portion of them do you think are like our three here?”
   “Enough I would think, that these three had no issues with thinking they wouldn’t get away with whatever they wanted.  Here take one of the swords, we need to get back to town as fast as possible.”
     You toss Ealdwine one of the swords in its scabbard, and he attaches it to his belt.  Once he’s done you toss him the keys to his leg shackles before checking over the bodies one last time.  You manage to find a bit of cash but otherwise none of it has any value to you.  Attaching the two swords to opposite sides of your belt, you wonder whether you could use them effectively together… you then realize that you haven’t even had training to use one by itself.
     “If we ever get the time kid, I’ll have to teach you to use that.”
     “You know how to sword-fight?”
    “My father taught me and his before him.  I don’t know how useful it would be but at least I could get you up to date on the basics.”  You smile and nod, then grab ahold of one of the body’s legs, Ealdwine grabs the other leg and together you drag it off into some bushes.  It won’t hide the bodies for too long, especially once they start to rot a bit but at least they aren’t in view anymore.  Arranging yourself you nod to Ealdwine and together you set off back towards Rutsett.  By the time it is noon you have only managed to get halfway or so back, and though it is far quicker going since you know where you are going to, it still takes a long time.  You start to notice though that the path you are following is in fact an ancient road, having not noticed it in the dark last night or when you were running in the early morning mist.  It is so old though that only the occasional stone is proof of what it once was, though you figure it must have once been on a map at some point.  That means that at least you know the armies definite route of attack, they’d follow the old road so as to not get lost as well as making sure that they come to the river at the bridge. 
    ! The forest looms around you, and you encounter no other living creatures.  It seems that even the birds are hiding from the soon to be mobile army.  A chill breeze blows from the north and you worry about the possibility of a mid-fall snowstorm.  It is uncommon but not unheard of; at least the harvest was brought in first.  Having gotten most of the way back to town, and only being 3 or so hours out, you and Ealdwine sit down for a minute.  It’s into the evening, and the forest is eerily quiet.  Waiting to regain your breath and eat some of the foraged food and apples you picked on the way back, you figure it will take you till it’s dark again to get back to town.

**I hope to get a full turn of everyone together, or perhaps two out over the weekend.  Sorry for the sporadic broken updates, RL sucks sometimes.
Nom nom nom

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Turn 3.25 Coming Storm
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2013, 04:26:53 am »

((Apologies that I don't have time to post better yet. I guess we all need to meet up but Osgar doesn't know a reason to at the moment.))

After resting, continue to the village. Head to my family's house with Ealdwine. Eat and sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9