Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Hunted Magi -Turn 7  (Read 7627 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunted Magi -Turn 7
« on: February 05, 2013, 02:37:31 am »

Hunted Magi

It is the year 1340, and all across the country hatred towards all things magical has begun to grow. Those suspected of practicing magic are being named as daemons or witches.  Men, women, and children are dragged from their homes by the inquisition and burned at the stake, or drowned among other punishments. Normally, you would have only been mildly worried at this state of affairs, having been free of any association with anything that could be considered magic... That is, until yesterday.  It was the fall harvest festival and you, with a group of other young adults, decided that it would be far more interesting to party in the burned out ruins near the outskirts of the village.  Among other nefarious myths, local legend states that hundreds of years ago, there stood the home of a powerful warlock who had ravaged the surrounding lands with all manner of foul beasts, and afflicted the local population with terrifying curses. The night wore on, and the group (including you) became progressively inebriated, eventually blacking out some time around midnight.

You awake with a start the next morning, finding yourself back in your home. However, your sleep was plagued by horrific images, and voices whispering in the dark as you slept.  As you lurch out of bed, something falls to the floor and a pained shock ripples in the pit of your stomach.  Reaching for the object, your hand crackles with energy as it snaps back into your grasp.  Terrified, you attempt to throw it away from you, but can't bring yourself to get rid of it.  In a panic, you attempt to throw it with all your might into the fireplace. Instead, you see a flash and hear a bang before falling backwards unconscious. Waking a few hours later, you are forced to begin your new life as a Mage. Know that you will be hunted until you can get rid of the object, or learn how to control it.

Rolling system and Rules;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You start off in the town of Rutsett, in the county of Surwall.  The country is called Waarwigh, the kings name is King Rendal III to your latest knowledge.

Rutsett;A small village of a few hundred people in the foothills of a large mountain.  A stream flows nearby but tends to overflow in the spring so there is no development in it's vicinity.  Otherwise there is forest on three sides and a mountain on the other.  A single road leads away from the village off through the forest, though no one travels the road much and merchants are so rare as to be nearly non-existent.  The forest is reputed to be evil, as well as the mountain.  There is a single small church with a solitary priest.  A blacksmith who mines and smelts his own iron from the mountain, a tanner, some sheep herders nearby, an inn that is mostly just a local drinking place and a general store that operates on a trade basis.  Otherwise the people living nearby and in the village make and grow everything they need to survive.  It is an exceptionally cut off town, having not even had a tax collector pass by in nearly a decade.  The last person who passed by brought news of the extreme actions the inquisition had been taking, he was at the village nearly a year ago.

Ancient Ruins;Known to only a few people in the village, it is regarded as a cursed place having many dark and terrible stories surrounding it's existence.  This is where you found your object of power.  Burnt stones and crumbled buildings in a valley on the side of the mountain, nearly a 5 hour walk through foothills from the village of Rutsett.

Stats;

Elemental Magic:

Other Magics

Character Sheets;
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:10:44 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted Magi -Players 0/4 (minimum)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 02:37:48 am »

Additional/Temporary Rules;

Turns will initially take the course of 24 hours.  So make sure to put in enough actions for your character for that space of time.  Once stuff starts happening the turn speed will slow down.

Health returns at the rate of 1/4th per night, mana is full each night.

Currently Not Alive;
Scapheap-Richard Ford

-----------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:49:18 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:38:19 am »

Raijinkit-Bree Wickerex

---------------------------------------------------

Narsis-Marcus

----------------------------------------------------

Unholy_Pariah-Jim

--------------------------------------------------------

lawastooshort-Osgar

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dwarmin-Gerald Abernathe
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:03:20 am by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

RaijinKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:40:45 am »

Name: Bree Wickerex

Stats:
Strength (Str) – 3
Constitution (Con) – 6
Wit (Wit) – 5
Intelligence (Int) – 6
Perception (Per) – 4
Dexterity (Dex) – 5
Charisma (Cha) – 6

Elemental Focus – Wind
Sub-focus – Fire

Trained Apprenticeship – Calligraphy
Current Occupation - Colporteur
Biography – Born the daughter of the town's established reeve, Bree has lived a life slightly better than most of the peasant folk in her village. Her childhood was practically uneventful, spending her early years reading whatever she could get her hands on. As the daughter of the self-proclaimed “most devout woman in town,” most of the written materials she had steady access to were enlightened/religious texts. Starting her apprenticeship with the abbey clerk at the age of eleven, she steadily learned to read, as well as to write in several calligraphic styles. Despite her studies, Bree managed to maintain the relationships her father touted as “necessary for economic and spiritual growth,” often acting as an mercantile emissary of sorts. In addition to helping her father in his position as reeve, she has more recently taken to working in the town's only bookshop, which sells a diminutive selection of religious and enlightened texts.

Physical description – Bree stands at the near average height of 5'5”, weighing approximately 115 pounds. Cerulean eyes usually peer about quizzically between strands of straight coppery auburn hair. Rarely leaving the bookshop during the day has left her with a pale complexion.

Startled awake from terrible dreams, Bree goes to work early in the bookshop, and spends most of the day examining and experimenting with her artifact in the back room of the store, as well as reading excerpts from books related to daemonology and lost territories near the front. A dull headache persists throughout the day, attributed to the previous night of heavy drinking. After closing the shop early, Bree heads to the tavern to maybe catch one of her friends who was part of last night's shenanigans.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:22:19 pm by RaijinKit »

Narsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:48:58 am »

Name: Marcus.
Stats:
Str-6
Con-7
Wis-4
Int-2
Per-7
Dex-4
Cha- 5
Elemental Focus- Earth
Sub-focus- Water
Object of power-
Trained Apprenticeship-Poaching.
Current Occupation-Bartender/poacher.
Biography-
Marcus never knew his parents; they were part of a caravan that was attacked on the road to Rutsitt leaving his parents and the majority of the traders dead. Those who survived stumbled into Rutsett but left soon afterwards and, not able or willing to take a newborn with them, left Marcus instead with the local bartender Dern.
   Dern was a kind enough man, but gave no room to freeloaders, and so as soon as Marcus could walk and talk he was either serving drinks or cleaning out the cooking pots in the kitchen. As he grew older and the winters grew harsher, Marcus often resorted to poaching game with some of the other villagers from the lord’s forest, it was there that he became a competent archer, as well as skilled with the skinning knife he keeps with him.
   Marcus is eighteen now, he lives in attic of the tavern and still works for his stepfather Dern.

Physical description-5’10, well built, short blonde hair, grey eyes.

Take the bow from my room and go into the woods as though hunting. When I find a suitably isolated spot, stop and tentatively experiment with the my artifact to see what effect it is having on me exactly. Return by the end of the day to the village and seek out last night's companions. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:15:12 pm by Narsis »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:52:16 am »

A book of cats, why? Most mages you heard of have cool things like a staff or a sword or even a symbol. Me? Pictures of cats. Fear Richard the crazy cats owner and his mighty picture book. Let see, I was not the only one at that ruin.

Go about my day trying to, with as much tack as I can, see if any of my drinking buddies also got 'gifts'
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:49:26 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 02:55:44 am »

Name; Jim
Age;21
Stats(assign 35 points with a min of 1 and a max of 10);
Str-   6
Con-   5
Wit-   4
Int-   5
Per-   6
Dex-   6
Cha-   3
Elemental Focus-Earth
Sub-focus-Fire
Object of power-"Dragon" tooth amulet
Trained Apprenticeship-Mason
Current Occupation- Mason
Biography- Tired of self indulgent nobles and the utter disregard they showed to the people they were sworn to protect he decided he would take what money he had saved from his apprenticeship to one of Surwall's prominent masons and start fresh somewhere new, out of reach of their greed and corruption and so isolated or insignificant they would not attempt to extort the inhabitants when short of coin... somewhere like Rutsett. Upon arriving at his new home he stayed with the blacksmith and helped him to mine iron from the mountain in exchange for food and lodgings while he built himself a small wooden shack, upon its construction he went to work quarrying the stone from which he built a modest home on the outskirts of town and spent his life doing stonework for the village folk simply because they needed it done.
Physical description-6'4, lean and athletic,slightly tanned white skin, mid length brown hair, brown eyes

go about my day, finish off any stone working jobs the villagers need done (if none go fishing) and then hit the tavern for a few drinks
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:07:21 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 03:35:09 am »

Spoiler: Osgar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oh, an action (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:36:59 am by lawastooshort »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 07:59:11 am »

You might want to change inquisition slightly. Inquisition only became a thing a little into the Protstant Reformantion. Burning witches was something completly different. I like you concept though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 08:09:08 am »

Is it possible to focus in those other schools of magic or do we have to discover them ingame?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 08:49:08 am »

You might want to change inquisition slightly. Inquisition only became a thing a little into the Protstant Reformantion. Burning witches was something completly different. I like you concept though.

Yes but it's an alternative universe, most importantly, and
Spoiler: Wiki says (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 09:25:52 am »

Name: Gerald Abernathe

Stats:
Strength (Str) – 10
Constitution (Con) – 8
Wit (Wit) – 2
Intelligence (Int) – 2
Perception (Per) – 4
Dexterity (Dex) – 4
Charisma (Cha) – 5

Elemental Focus – Fire
Sub-focus – Wind

Trained Apprenticeship – Mining
Current Occupation - Miner
Object of power: A strange coin made of an indeterminate silvery material. Unnaturally heavy, and thicker on one side than the other. Gerald cannot recognize either the faces or the words writ upon it.
Biography – Gerald is just another local face working in the recently opened Rutsett ore mine, tapping away 14 hours a day for meager pay-much like his father before him, and his before, etc and etc. He is relatively new to the town, and has gone to lengths to try and make new friends-though currently, he lives by himself in what amounts to a one room cabin-his father having passed away last winter in a mine collapse.

He's not the brightest sort, but is neither cruel nor a bully, which is sometimes assumed because of his strength and size. He considers himself handsome, and possesses a great deal of self confidence-and secretly, wishes he were something more than just a miners son.

Physical description –Gerald can be imposing at 6'3”, and weighing approximately 199 pounds. He has bright green eyes, and perpetually messy brown hair. His work has given him a strong looking body, and he takes pride in his looks.

Action: Usual routine, but try to get off work at the mine a bit early, citing a 'wild party' last night. Use the extra time to socialize and learn what people really know about the ruins, trying to not raise suspicion. Meet my drinking buddies at the end of the day...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:36:43 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 04:28:49 pm »

Yes but it's an alternative universe, most importantly, and
Spoiler: Wiki says (click to show/hide)
Yeah as well as the Spanish inquisition about that time, and while there was never much of one in England which is more or less what I am basing you place on.  This is taken from the point of view of what if people were vaguely sure that there actually was magic as well as what if the King happened to be a religious nutbag.

I'm going to start working on your finalized character sheets, you know health and stuff like that.  I'll probably allow everyone in but I'll also skip people if most actions are in and it's been a reasonable amount of time :p  you're warned.  Though I'm also not super evil or anything so idc that much.

Oh and as for focusing in the 'other schools', it's not possible to start with them ((it'll become clear why once we get going)), but there's nothing stopping you from trying to learn all of them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 04:35:40 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »

Name: Henaison
Str-4
Con-2
Wit-6
Int-7
Per-7
Dex-6
Cha-3
Focus: Water
Sub-element: Earth
Object: Clay Peripat
Apprenticeship: Woodworker
Biography: Coming later...
Description: This man puts you in mind of a sneaky serpent. He has deep-set green eyes that are like two clumps of moss. His fine, straight, brown hair is very short and is worn in a businesslike style. He has a lean build. His skin is pale. He has wide feet. His wardrobe is mysterious and tight, with a completely red and orange color scheme. He is dedicated to his work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 09:05:19 pm »

Turn 1:Begginings

Quote from: Gerald
Action: Usual routine, but try to get off work at the mine a bit early, citing a 'wild party' last night. Use the extra time to socialize and learn what people really know about the ruins, trying to not raise suspicion. Meet my drinking buddies at the end of the day...
Eating a quick breakfast before leaving for the day you lay down plans for meeting with some of the records keepers and perhaps the town’s lone historian.  First though, there is always work.  ! Attempting to leave your house you suddenly feel somewhat nauseous, as your mind turns to that strange coin that you woke up with.  ! You needed to retrieve it before you felt comfortable to leave for the day; you pocket the coin and then walk out of the house.  The morning is misty and cool, but otherwise calm, and within an hour you are at the mines.  Arriving in time to get the work order for the day, you and the other 4 miners set to work.  It's gruelling and hard work even though there is no large demand for much iron; as such the foreman isn't overly tough.  ! You don't see or hear another of the miners for the entire day, the mines being deep and winding things older then the village.  ! As the foreman passes by to notify you that it's lunchtime you make the excuse of a hard night and he hands you the 4 hours pay.  Walking back down to the village along the packed dirt road with the sun overhead you decide to make a line for the large manor house.  It consists of 4 or so buildings all connected together around a central courtyard, and though the old two story buildings could always use a bit of repair it's still impressive for a small village.  ! Going into the library sections of the manor building you see Richard sorting a small pile of papers over at a desk, after a quick exchange of words you learn both that there is no books about the ruins or even the area surrounding Rutsett as well as that he found some particular book of cats in the ruin  (How would a book have even survived out in the elements.. you can't help but feel a bit worried by this.).  Deciding to tell him about the coin on the way out the door you head out to seek other sources of information.  Hours later sees no luck on the subject, people are either as clueless as you are about the ruins or refuse to discuss what they call 'tales made to scare little children'.  !Just as you are about to give up and go to the inn to see if any of the others decide to head there, you are stopped by a very old and mostly blind man.  "Son, I heard you asking about the ruins?"  you reply with a quick yes and ask if he knows anything, "I do, a bit more than the tales they tell children.  According to the old tales which have slowly vanished as the village forgets the past, it was once home to a man possessed by a daemon.  He was supposed to have fled from his home in the village late at night, and by the time he was tracked down, he had built the entire stone mansion and walls.  How a lone man built such a large amount of stone structures within the few days he was missing was strange enough, but the people sent in to retrieve him never returned.  The weeks went by as attempts to destroy the house, kill the man, or burn it all to the ground, failed repeatedly.  Other strange things began happening around the town with people going missing in their sleep, until finally the church brought in some priests armed with weapons.  The monks managed to get inside and spread oil over the entirety of the building, nothing seemed to try and stop them.  After it had burned to the ground, the priests left and everything returned to normal.  Well at least that is what the survivors in the village told their children and grand-children afterwards."  he turns around and walks quickly off into the dusk and mist.  You then head to the tavern, to try and meet up with the others before it gets too dark to see out.  Walking in you take a seat with the others gathered around a table near the corner of the inn.
Gained 16 c

Quote from: Bree
Startled awake from terrible dreams, Bree goes to work early in the bookshop, and spends most of the day examining and experimenting with her artifact in the back room of the store, as well as reading excerpts from books related to daemonology and lost territories near the front. A dull headache persists throughout the day, attributed to the previous night of heavy drinking. After closing the shop early, Bree heads to the tavern to maybe catch one of her friends who was part of last night's shenanigans.
You wake up early in the Manor house, a large and slightly monstrous building comprised of a main house where you live, as well as several add-ons over the decades to accommodate the needed expansions in local government.  It houses the records office and the local library, which is run on such a strict return policy that most people decide to just buy books rather than dealing with the owner.  Also, the priest is housed in a side building that includes storage of the winter food supply in case of shortages.   Opening the shop for the day, and eating at the same time, you gather a small selection of the texts that discuss daemons, daemonic events, or the qualities of a possession and move to the back room to study your object.  !According to one text which claims to be able to "Identify Items and Persons connected or possessed by Satan and other Daemons", you should be able to just place the item on a bible and either it or the bible itself should experience some form of 'Hell fire'.  No such affect happens, so you move onto another text, !this one mentioning the application of holy water for the removal of 'Evil Spirits'.  Luckily you happen to have a small vial of holy water given to you by your father.  A few drips does nothing to the object, and no other texts reference items as being possessed.  !The ones referencing people all say that you should be doing things against your will, and apart from not wanting to be away from the object you are not being compelled to do anything.  Putting away the manuscripts and texts you decide instead to try something different.  !Leaving the amulet on the table, you walk out to the front room and leave through the front door, before getting more than a couple steps away you begin to feel sick and a few more brings you pain.  Walking back to the back room you realize that you can only be about 50 feet from the object before it starts having any adverse effects.  Trying one last thing, you pick the object up and griping it firmly, attempting to focus through it.  !Just as you begin to feel like something was happening, the bell over the bookshops door crashes and you lose focus.  A low 'whoosh' and dull 'thud' accompanies a blast of air slamming into the books on possession and possessed items that you were reading earlier.  The pages seemingly shred apart, flying out of the open books, the vial of holy water shattering on the hard floors.  You hurry out of the room as the last few pages tear themselves apart , swirling out of the books.  !The customer is completely unaware of anything having happened, and after the sale, you spend the rest of the evening cleaning up broken glass and torn pages before making your way to the tavern.  There’s most of your drinking companions gathered around the table in the corner, ! joining them you can’t help but notice that Marcus looks kind of tired yet pleased?  You shrug it off, the dudes always been a bit weird running around in the forest shooting small animals.

Gained 40 c
gained holy water then,
Lost all texts pertaining to possession as well as your holy water.
Gained partial knowledge of Air Razor

Quote from: Marcus
Take the bow from my room and go into the woods as though hunting. When I find a suitably isolated spot, stop and tentatively experiment with the artifact to see what effect it is having on me exactly. Return by the end of the day to the village and seek out last night's companions. 
Having woken up early and managing to get over any lingering shock while eating breakfast, you resolve to find out what exactly the artifact can do to you and possibly what you can do with it.  !Gathering up your bow and arrows you set out to what you think will be the perfect spot.  The morning is misty and just a bit cold, giving the woods a sort of sinister feel.  Though having spent so much of your life in these woods you feel at home in the twilight caused by the ancient trees and hanging mist, running over gnarled roots you make great time towards your destination.  Before long you arrive at the cave, a stone and moss hole underneath the roots of 4 great trees.  Having hunted out the cave before for bears and wolves you know that there is nothing living inside, and the holes in between the overhead roots let in plenty of light while still keeping it very dry.  !There is a few seats, a burnt out fire and a table in the old cave though it doesn't look used in a few weeks.  Just a bit unnerved, having thought previously that you were the only one aware of the cave, you decide to just go ahead regardless. Setting it down on the table you initially try and see how far from it you can get, and much to your dismay you are only able to walk perhaps 50 feet away from the artifact before you begin to feel nauseous.  !Trying to recreate what happened that morning, you try pulling the artifact into your hand but it only comes to you when you are but a few inches away from it, certainly nothing too useful.  !Suddenly you are hit by a bit of inspiration, as if something in the local area or the ring itself whispered an idea into your ear.  Taking up the artifact you focus on the remains of the fire, with images of growth and flowing water flashing through your mind.  ! Feeling as though some part of yourself is leeching through the artifact, you see a shimmering in the air between your hand and the fire.  In seconds the half burnt remains of wood begins to twist and writhe as though alive.  The blackness of fire disappearing underneath fresh verdant growth and by the time you feel exhausted a small sapling with orange leaves is growing merrily where the burnt fire once was.  A shaft of light that you feel wasn't there before illuminates the tree with light from above the cave, filtering down through a hole in the moss and overhead roots.  Feeling drained, you stand there amazed, and something within your mind tells you that you should be able to do this again when you aren't so exhausted.  !Packing up you head back towards the village with your new knowledge and taking your time to move slower through the dark forest you feel renewed appreciation in nature, and get the feeling that plant life is composed of elemental earth and water though that thought echoes as if not one of your own.  !Only by the time you are back to town and heading to the tavern does the thought that someone was camping in the cave strike you as odd, only you and a few hunters that you've worked with are even slightly aware of the cave and all of them know how to get back to the village from there even if they were blind.  Nothing has stopped the hunters from walking in horrific weather before and whoever was there spent a fair amount of time there as well.  Just as the sun is falling you walk into the inn, noticing that most of your drinking partners from the last night have gathered around a table in the corner, you move to join them.
Learned spell school nature magic=earth+water
Regrowth
Lost 4 mana

Quote from: Richard
Go about my day trying to, with as much tack as I can, see if any of my drinking buddies also got 'gifts'
Your breakfast is fairly boring, as is the walk through the mist in the morning to get to the library.  The Library itself is part of the 4 building amalgamation that makes up the center of government, food storage, and records office for the village.  It’s an old building that was originally just the manor house for the local head but it’s been added onto over the years as the village and its demands for governance grew.  ! Your day is incredibly boring as the other librarian never shows up for work and as such you are stuck there for the entire day.  The only bit of respite comes as Gerald shows up asking about books on the ruins, at this point you are too brain dead from boredom to really check through the whole list of books and instead just send him away saying that nothing exists.  Instead you decide to show him your book and when he seems a bit perplexed by how a book would have survived the elements for however long it was up there, Gerald ends up leaving.   ! Just as he walks out the door you remember to ask him if he found anything as well and turning to you, he just says yeah and flashes you some weird type of coin.  ! The rest of the evening slips by and when it’s finally time to close up you can’t help but feel overjoyed; taking the pay for the day’s work despite no one actually signing out any books you lock the doors and head to the inn.  Upon arriving you take a seat at one of the corner tables, and slowly the rest of your drinking companions wander in and take seats around the table as well.
20 c gained

Quote from: Jim
go about my day, finish off any stone working jobs the villagers need done (if none go fishing) and then hit the tavern for a few drinks
After having breakfast, you head to work on the stone house you were hired to construct for the Harringoth family.  It’s a pretty simple idea just a 3 room and one story house for them and their two sons,  but after the last wood house they had burnt to the ground they decided to spare no expense on getting something safer.  ! The load of stone is already there, as is the other items you needed so you set to work, ! It goes as smoothly as you could wish and the two children even help out as much as they can.  At the end of the day you have a full wall finished in record speed with only 3 more to go for the house to be complete, having fed you lunch they give you some food and cash for the work before you say goodbye.  ! Just as you get ready to leave it looks like the younger of the two children wants to say something to you, but gets distracted by a bird landing in the yard and runs off to play.  Shrugging you head to the inn, specifically the tavern part for a few drinks as the sun starts to set.  Heading into the bar you decide to sit with the group of your drinking buddies, who are gathered around a table in the corner. 
Gained pack of assorted foods (2 days food)
15 c

Quote from: Osgar
After a breakfast of milk and bread, walk over to Ealdwine’s cottage and workshop, carry on working on the chair I have to finish, have a lunch of bread, cheese, and an onion, and then start cutting the oak spokes for the wagon wheel I have to make next. In the afternoon spend a couple of hours hunting for birds or rabbits in the woods (with my bow) before heading home for dinner by the fire. Hopefully a dinner including something I might have caught, otherwise it’s bloody cabbage and potatoes again.
  Your breakfast is a tad boring but at least it’s satisfying, and the walk in the chill air is refreshing after the shock that morning.  ! Getting to Ealdwine’s cottage you are surprised to find that your old mentor is not at home, deciding to just set to work instead you begin finishing off the last parts of the chair.  ! It takes you barely any time to get done, and the silence is conductive to good work, just as lunch time comes around you are done and somewhat pleased with your handiwork.  ! Ealdwine still has yet to show up, and investigating his cottage and workshop shows that he in fact is not anywhere around, looking in through the window it appears his home is in quite a state of disarray.  ! You decide that it requires some explanation and forgetting your work you pop open the latch and slip into the cottage.  Jars are broken and clothes are strewn on the floor, tables are overturned and you see that one of the chairs had been smashed.  ! Panicking somewhat you search the house thoroughly and find blood dripped around the house as though there had been a fight.  ! Now focused and looking for evidence of other people you head back outside and see scuffs in the dirt and grass as though someone had been dragged off by two or more other people towards the forest.  Grabbing your bow and arrows so as to not waste any time you bolt off along the trail, your perceptive eyes and trained tracking instincts allowing you to nearly run along the well-marked set of prints.  ! Despite this you don’t manage to find the end of the tracks before night begins to fall, and by now you’ve run for nearly 6 hours.  The autumn sun falls behind the edge of the horizon as you slow to a walking place, studying the tracks for one last time before it gets too hard to see you can tell that your mentor Ealdwine is still walking in-between two or three large men, and the person bleeding is not your mentor but rather one of the apparent abductors.  ! You have no idea how they could have outpaced you so much, though thinking back you never checked to see if the blood was dry and it’s not rained in days so it’s possible the tracks were made more than 24 hours ago.  Heading back to Rutsett now would likely just let them get so far out into the forest that no one would ever catch up, and if it rains you doubt you could follow the tracks at all unless you manage to catch up with them by quite a bit.  On the other hand you have no idea how far away they are now or where they are heading, since the direction they are going is to your knowledge just forest and wilderness for a very long distance.

Status's
Nom nom nom
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9