Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Witcher III - It's a thing.  (Read 26113 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Witcher III - It's a thing.
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2016, 06:49:09 pm »

Judging 1 vs 2, I'd say if neither grabbed your fancy neither will 3.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2016, 06:50:02 pm »

So I didn't like the first game but played a TINY bit of the start, but I heard the second was vastly improved.

I didn't play the second game.

So... Should I get the third game? I won't know the story beyond the basic premise of what Witchers are... AND the Third game could just be the first game with its DDR combat again.

I bounced off the 1st game.
Enjoyed the 2nd game, but didn't finish it.
I love Witcher 3. Definitely my game of 2015. The story, lore and all the quests are extremely well written. And there is an absolutely crazy amount of detail/polish put into the game.

If you're worried about understanding what's going on there are a few youtube videos specifically tailored to people who want to play 3 but haven't touched 1 or 2.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2016, 12:46:57 am »

No matter what you will meet characters in 3 you will have Never seen in 1 and 2. I don't find it annoying because I love the characters page, which gives an easy catchup on however Geralt knows them from the books.

My brother never played any before 3 and enjoyed it to bits. Even chose random options on the "previously" diologue.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2016, 01:19:24 am »

There is a mod called Geralt Human Doppler (easy to find on Nexus) that lets you play as different characters. You can "kinda" make some yourself by switching hairstyles/faces/bodies. So if you want to play as say some random dude, you can choose from a bunch of clothing/hair/face options...or female or whatever.

And if you look in the comments, someone figured out how to get female combat voices as a female character. Will still get Geralt talking in normal scenes though and the actual cinematics are premade so those can't change. But until someone finds a way to silence Geralt voice (but not everyone else) or somehow switches it to a female, I play my custom male dude. The female combat voice is quite a huge upgrade though, than hearing Geralt in combat...which was pretty unimmersive.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2016, 03:16:29 pm »

So, uh. Anyone got tips for the Blood and Wine end boss? Right now I feel like I'm spending more time in loading screens than actually fighting.

It's the motherfucking goddamn jesus christ swarm attack in the second stage I can't handle. I can't get a sense of when I'm supposed to dodge - manage with luck sometimes. I can only afford to fail it once, and that drops me to a tiny sliver of health.

I'm using Quen, useless as it is here, Superior Vampire Oil, Enhanced Black Blood, with light armor (which I've been using the entire game and have the abilities to go with it).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2016, 03:28:35 pm »

Good timing with a crossbow is really your only friend in that stage.
But the swarms are a pain. Step-dodging isn't going to cut it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2016, 05:46:45 am »

I actually did the second stage without bringing him down with crossbow or aard.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2017, 06:26:00 pm »

Kind of at my wits end here trying to mod Witcher 3.

Witcher 3 modding compared to Skyrim modding, even with Nexus and NMM, is a trainwreck.

Anyways:

Steam non-GoTY edition. I just bought the base game.

Installed the Unification Patch.

-Compilation Mod Texture pack works fine.

Got my script merger.

-All Quest Objectives on Map and Colored Map Markers work after merging.

Friendly HUD and Preparation though....many problems trying to get these to work.

-I merged them and things seemed to work ok after I figured that out. But I don't have the Mod Options Menu on the main menu, and various feature (like a random starting screen) don't seem to work.

-I read that you need "Custom Localization Fix" to make that menu appear.

-I install CLF. I re-merge mods. Everything almost passes muster until I run afoul of charactermenu.ws.

-I uninstall everything, short of reinstalling the game.

-Apply the CLF first.

-I get several errors including some messages about shit in C not being exported.

Code: [Select]
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.

I seem to get these when installing any scripted mod, whether that's the LCF or an actual gameplay mod, even though they don't report any conflicts.

I can actual get FriendlyHUD to load just on its own.....just no Mod Options Menu.

+++

I can reinstall everything else: unification patch, texture patch, All Quest Objectives and Colored Markers and the game starts up fine.

But something about the LCF, or my install, is totally borked. I think by merging it with Friendly HUD and/or Preparations, I managed to resolve some conflicts but not others.

I don't see any other Localization Fix available. Just this one which hasn't been updated since last year.

Can anyone help me make sense of this mess? CPR really fucked up the modding scene by having multiple versions of the game with differently named files and attributes.

I can get a long with what I have but mmmmmaaaaaaaaannnnnn I really want Friendly HUD and Preparations to work. But without being able to get the Mod Options menu showing they're mostly useless. I see plenty of people reporting success and wondering wth did I do wrong? Do I just need both DLCs so the game believes I'm a GoTY buyer, and all this shit will work? Should I reinstall everything fresh and try it again from the top?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:34:59 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]