Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Witcher III - It's a thing.  (Read 26119 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witcher III - It's a thing.
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2015, 11:16:17 am »

I found a pack of wild horses... they started to ran as I came close. I gave chase and hopped onto the white one's back, and it reared up and threw me butt-first onto the ground.

I'm loving it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2015, 03:12:42 pm »

I got hairworks to cost 0 FPS on my system.

So now I'm playing on mostly ultra, with hairworks fully on, and testing in middle of the starting town...30+ FPS with occasional dip to 28-29 for a second.

Game looks a lot better. I had to do a lot of trial and error and researching what settings to do, and what ini settings to use. But got the game to actually go PAST the default ultra settings, with hairworks all on and at a good fps level (for me)

Only thing that might be lower (customizing settings in the config file doesn't show properly in settings window in-game and resets it (even with config file read only (which needs to be set as), if you go in the settings area, you'll have to exit the game and back out for it to work properly so it reads the config file again)...is shadows. That was too taxing. That is probably set at low (there is little difference for me between low and high anyway). And textures might be at medium or high. Everything else is past ultra.

And my system is so crappy too for the game lol

only a gtx 660 2gb card :P and an i5 660 CPU :P Which shouldn't even be playing ultra, let alone past it lol.

Good thing for PC and being able to customize the settings for the game to play better :D

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:14:44 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2015, 09:53:01 pm »

Anyone playing without the HUD at all? And no fast travel?

I never used fast travel in Skyrim, Fallout 3 or New Vegas...not my thing lol.

Its actually possible compared to other games though.

Low health? Game shows you by a subtle effect on the sides of the screen (might need that vignette thing on though)

And the game at least gives you a good in-game quest guide of sorts (unlike a certain other game I mentioned above)...still need to explore, but its definitely possible (at least in the 1st area, haven't gone past it yet as I've still been tweaking settings, but I'm done with that now I think). You can use your witcher sense and that helps a lot. You can still use the map (not the minimap) anyway.

The minimap thing was way too annoying for me. Too many icons, and it felt like I was back in WoW following the minimap for all the annoying icons like I was in a themepark following a guide. And not looking at the game world. With it off, I've actually learned enough of where places are (in 1st area anyway) that I barely ever open the map now. Plus the minimap was huge, even if I tried making the interface smaller...it looked exactly like I was playing WoW with it on lol as far as interface goes. But maybe thats just me.

Then again, I didn't like the compass in FO3, NV or Skyrim either :P Too easy to know where enemies were, no paying attention to the surroundings. FO3 and NV both got way scarier with it off lol.

Actually, compass would work. Except, I'd have liked it more if it was an actual compass you had to take out and look at...not part of the interface. Now an actual compass you take out, that would be epic...maybe a mod can do that if witcher 3 ever gets good modding support.

But most people probably don't want to play with that much immersion or hardcore experience :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2015, 10:12:13 pm »

There's a major bug in the game right now where if you're higher level than the quest you're doing, you will get no exp. CD Project is aware of this but no ETA on patch.

Honestly I don't really care. I prefer not being overlevelled.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2015, 05:20:23 am »

I honestly thought that was intentional.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2015, 05:46:52 am »

By the looks of it, it was probably intentionally or unintentionally left in there by a dev. It's quite usual to not give exp for quests you've overlevelled in RPGs.

Then again, I felt like combat gave an insignificant amount of exp, so you might actually need those lower level quests later on. Though I have no idea how high quest/enemy levels go by the endgame and if you can actually beat them if you skip many sidequests...

(Those enemies marked as dangerous level can get crazy. Then you get a single level and curbstomp most of them.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2015, 07:07:28 am »

so i managed through a lot of dodging and DK shenanigens to take down a Fiend whos level rating was 29 only to find out that the items dropped, scale to the players level (14 in my case).
shouldn't players be rewarded for killing mosters that are much higher level?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2015, 07:11:47 am »

Shoes...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2015, 07:13:53 am »

Cnsidering that in witcher 2 you didn't get experience for killing certain monsters past a ertain level i'm quite sure that bug is intentional.
Heck in WoW when you overlevel a quest you literally get scraps for doing it so i don't see why it shouldn't be the case i nthe witcher.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:54:48 am by kcwong »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2015, 04:35:48 pm »

So, uh, I haven't been following the game, but now seems as good a time as any.

Anyway, spoilers!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2015, 06:04:44 pm »

Geralt's into some weird shit.

What do you expect man? After 2 other games Geralt has banged his way across the whole world. He's been dead and was brought back to life. You think the normal variety of kink is enough to get him hard after all that?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2015, 07:24:23 pm »

Holy shit. I wasn't expecting Skellige to be so huge...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2015, 11:52:14 pm »

If you have 600/700 series Geforce cards. My GTX 660 2gb got a 5-7 FPS increase in Witcher 3, with the latest drivers (353.06 version)

Someone with a 770 on reddit said he got almost a 15 fps increase on his card.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12