Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 131854 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 4 - Planning Mode
« Reply #840 on: March 12, 2013, 08:39:15 pm »

You're the worst Shinji ever Nerjin!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 12, 2013, 08:44:02 pm »

Shinji? Hold on a moment... What does that mean?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 12, 2013, 08:49:35 pm »

The mission has begun. Please submit your actions.

Toaster nods and gestures to the map. "There's no question. ToonyMan, you will be infiltrating the fireworks factory here, and smuggling out as much powder as you can. Dariush, you'll be disguised as a security guard, watching his back and helping him carry once he's secured the stash. Captain Ford, you'll handle the getaway vehicle, and I'll handle the most important job - seducing the employee in the security room watching the cameras. Is seducing the right word? Whatever, delivering pizza and distracting. With me body. By which I mean punches to the face. You all have four hours to get ready.

The following team has been chosen for this mission:
Toaster
ToonyMan
Dariush
Captain Ford

The mission has begun. Please submit your actions.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 4, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #843 on: March 13, 2013, 02:48:57 pm »

Things... did not go according to plan.

Toaster, your head was still swimming at the sensations that still burnt your nose and rang in your ears and quickened your heart. Smoke. Fire. Screams of terror.

It had started with so much promise. Things were going well... but that damned security guard. That damned... ah, well. Things went downhill quickly. And then Toony had the bright idea... right, the "bright" idea to light a fuse and run to cover your escape, allow you a way out.

And it worked.

Well, it worked for you, and the rest of your team. The factory itself was reduced to cinders, but you'd managed to toss three barrels full of powder into the back of the car and burn rubber, escaping in the chaos, amidst the exploding rain of fireworks, amidst the terrified screams of those living nearby, terrified that you'd be hit by an errant missile and your vehicle (and your teammates, and yourself) would be gone but for a scorch mark on the road.

But you made it. And the newspapers the next day were provocative. Incendiary. People were talking about you. No one was quite sure WHY the rebels had blown up a random fireworks factory, but they were sure it was some meaningful blow against the tyranny of the empire.

It was, in a word, glorious.

And with these materials at your disposal...

"Toonyman," Toaster said. "Quick thinking back there. Hope you can keep it up - come tomorrow, you decide what we do next."

The Mission was a success!

It is now Week 4 - Toonyman is the new Team Leader.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Fire, explosions, and so much screaming...
« Reply #844 on: March 13, 2013, 02:50:15 pm »

Fuck. Yes.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 13, 2013, 02:50:37 pm »

So now we just go with the same team yes?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 13, 2013, 02:53:40 pm »

You need to add a person this week.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 13, 2013, 02:58:35 pm »

So 5/9 this week needs 2 sabotages.

6/9 players on week 5 with only 1 sabotage required? Seems fair enough.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 13, 2013, 03:07:03 pm »

It's 5/9 the last week two, but only 1 sabotage needed.

The mission team numbers are:
M1: 3
M2: 4
M3: 4

M4: 5 - This mission requires TWO attempts to sabotage in order to cause it to fail.
M5: 5

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 13, 2013, 03:09:03 pm »

There will be five rounds total. Each round requires more members to go on a mission, meaning that you must be more and more sure of who you trust and who you don't as the game progresses.

Guess I misread this or overlooked something?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 13, 2013, 03:21:08 pm »

MUAHAHAHA GAME OVER REBELS
To explain this, because I was about to become confirmed rebel I wanted to get some reactions to ID spies.  From what I've seen Nerjin seems pretty genuine town.

will post more when home

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 13, 2013, 03:30:25 pm »

Umm ... pretty sure it's 5/9 both weeks.

PFP

I think most of us have already figured out that no matter who we add this week, the mission will succeed. If the person we add is actually a spy, it would be ridiculous of them to not lay low. So our choice this round is not so much about who we send, but more about who we want organizing next week. If ToonyMan passes this week's team, then that means Nerjin is up first next week, and Leafsnail is last.

Personally, I would feel most comfortable if we arranged it so that both the first and fifth organizer of next week was a confirmed townie, which is only possible if we have Dariush arrange this week's team, which would make me first again, and Toaster last again.

Speaking of which, I know I haven't done much to inspire confidence in me as an organizer. But if I was the one organizing week 5, I would base my pick primarily on the consensus of the four players who are definitely rebels (which includes myself).

Most of my notes on this game are at home, so I'm going to wait until after work to make a recommendation about who to add to the team.

PPE: ToonyMan

Wow, you're right. I guess Nerjin is a pretty damn obvious pick, isn't he?

Huh. So then either I was wrong about NQT, or the scumteam is Tiruin, ZU AND Leafsnail.

...in any case, I'd be happier with Nerjin than Leafsnail or NQT at this point.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 13, 2013, 03:50:13 pm »

I don't like that team order since it again gives scum two attempts to make a team in a row with the pressure of an automatically accepted team after them (while Toaster being a confirmed rebel lessens this worry someone could still be pressured into voting for an NQT/ZU team if they disagreed with Toaster).  That said I don't care all that much because we literally only have to agree on ONE person, how hard can that be when we have at least 2 confirmed town team proposals?

I would upvote the 4 confirmed rebels + me or Nerjin.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 13, 2013, 04:24:53 pm »

Nerjin is a spy.

And I have ironclad proof.

The possible spies are:
Nerjin
Tiruin
Leafsnail
notquitethere (I'm humouring you guys)
Zombie Urist

Of which three must be spies. Right?

If Leafsnail is a spy, then Nerjin is a spy. How do we know? Because the team Leafsnail put forward for the fifth vote included only confirmed town and Nerjin:

Captain Ford
Nerjin
Toaster
Dariush

Not to mention Leafsnail's comment in the post above "I would upvote the 4 confirmed rebels + me or Nerjin"

If Zombie Urist is a spy then Nerjin is a spy. How do we know? Because, just like Leafsnail, the team he put foward for the seventh vote included only confirmed town and Nerjin:

Toony
Ford
Toaster
Nerjin

It is impossible to form a three-spy team from the list of spy suspects that doesn't include either Leafsnail, Nerjin or Zombie Urist. Therefore, Nerjin is a spy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 13, 2013, 04:30:35 pm »

It is impossible to form a three-spy team from the list of spy suspects that doesn't include either Leafsnail, Nerjin or Zombie Urist. Therefore, Nerjin is a spy.

This is true. Just as true is me saying "No possible spy team can be made that doesn't involve Leafsnail, ZU, or NQT. Therefore NQT is spy.

Or there is no possible spy team that doesn't involve ZU, Tiruin, or Leafsnail, therefore Tiruin is spy. Or any other combination. Naming 3 out of 5 people automatically makes the claim that one of those three are spy correct.

Also you're little thing about stating I am spy because I voted WITH confirmed townsfolk doesn't really make sense.

Try again kiddo.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 67