Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 127112 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 4 - Planning Mode
« Reply #750 on: March 11, 2013, 03:32:00 pm »

Uh I'd be more upset over losing the game then some dumb WIFOM shit.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 11, 2013, 03:40:07 pm »

Sorry to rock the boat, but does it really help town to declare out intents during the voting phase? If scum think a team isn't going to pass, even if it has a spy on it, then they're going to downvote. We can only catch them out if they have reason to think the team will pass when in fact it will not.

I mean, should I do a ZU/Ford and lie about my intent? That would make me look suspicious and make it less likely that I'll get on a future mission. And telling the truth might be just as disastrous: some of you seem convinced I'm a spy, so saying that I'll upvote a team that I want upvoted might have opposite effect and lead some town to downvote or vice versa.

Unless someone can give me a compelling reason why it's in the rebels' interest to declare our intents, I'm not saying which way I voted.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 11, 2013, 03:41:53 pm »

@Toony: We haven't lost yet. I've been accosted over WIFOM. I'm more annoyed at what HAS happened than what COULD happen.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42:22 pm »

Because openness is pro-town and secrecy is pro-scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 11, 2013, 03:43:48 pm »

I'm serious, are we really going to let this team pass BY ZOMBIE when we could make it a lot safer tomorrow?  I don't see any reason to let this pass because I'm smelling extreme suspicion here.  There is no reason the spies would accept this team IF it's genuine and they know they won't be able to do anything tomorrow.

The team right now is Toony/Toaster/Ford/Nerjin and I feel fairly confident in the town-ness of everybody but Nerjin.  I know I'm displaying a lot of doubt here, but this is a very climatic time!

Unless someone can give me a compelling reason why it's in the rebels' interest to declare our intents, I'm not saying which way I voted.
Okay spy?

I'm more annoyed at what HAS happened than what COULD happen.
What a dangerous way to think.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 11, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »

Toaster, I have given you a reason why in this game mode the opposite may be true. Arguments please. You too Toony.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 11, 2013, 03:51:50 pm »

Toaster, I have given you a reason why in this game mode the opposite may be true. Arguments please. You too Toony.
"Are you a spy NQT?"
"I'm not saying."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 11, 2013, 03:59:00 pm »

More like:

"Are you going to tell us how you're voting so we spies can follow general consensus and avoid looking like spies?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 11, 2013, 04:05:29 pm »

Toony:
I'm serious, are we really going to let this team pass BY ZOMBIE when we could make it a lot safer tomorrow?  I don't see any reason to let this pass because I'm smelling extreme suspicion here.  There is no reason the spies would accept this team IF it's genuine and they know they won't be able to do anything tomorrow.

The team right now is Toony/Toaster/Ford/Nerjin and I feel fairly confident in the town-ness of everybody but Nerjin.  I know I'm displaying a lot of doubt here, but this is a very climatic time!

Hmm.

You actually make a pretty compelling argument.  I don't see any reason you'd make this argument if you were scum, so I'm going to agree with you and switch to a downvote.

Oh wait, yeah, totally downvoting now.   I read back on ZU and found these two gems:

Busy week and stuff.

IMO I think the spies are LS, Toony, and Toaster. I've said this before. Thus I don't want to default the choice to Toaster.

Ford's last few posts have been full of wtf. Ford: please explain your final decision and your decisions leading up to it.

There's no way I'm voting up a team with both Nerjin and NQT.

The first was during NQT's pick.  The second was W3 D1- and since then, he hasn't mentioned Nerjin except to put him on his team.  I think he's just quietly slipping a only semi-suspected scum onto the list.  It's probably Nerjin.  It may be Ford, but at some point we run out of potential spies.

NQT:  A reason I don't much agree with.  I maintain that openness is good for town, including in this game type.

Toony is near-confirmed town to me now, and I'm very, very, confident of my Dariush read.  So assuming this team fails, my proposed team would be:

Toaster
ToonyMan
Dariush
Ford or Leafsnail

Nerjin is dangerously scummy by association with ZU.  ZU is scum by vote antics and process of elimination from Mission 2.  Tiruin is scum for reasons I've said many, many times.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 11, 2013, 04:12:26 pm »

Oh wait, yeah, totally downvoting now.   I read back on ZU and found these two gems:

Busy week and stuff.

IMO I think the spies are LS, Toony, and Toaster. I've said this before. Thus I don't want to default the choice to Toaster.

Ford's last few posts have been full of wtf. Ford: please explain your final decision and your decisions leading up to it.

There's no way I'm voting up a team with both Nerjin and NQT.
Holy Taco on a Flying Penguin... I didn't even notice that... Well... Yeah hate to follow ya but i'm gonna have to switch as well. Thanks for finding that.

Nerjin is dangerously scummy by association with ZU.  ZU is scum by vote antics and process of elimination from Mission 2.  Tiruin is scum for reasons I've said many, many times.

Care to explain how I"m scummy by association?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 11, 2013, 04:25:37 pm »

2. Toaster is on the team so if he's really a spy we lost and if he's not he can just make the Toony/Toaster/Ford/Dariush team tomorrow.
He isn't a spy :/ Because if he was, then I'm really lost with my leads at day one.

PFP

Just for organization - as we've been stating our opinions each and everytime - could everyone post their "What I think about everyone else" list of people? Like WHo is Town/Scum? Can't do it now as I'm currently busy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 11, 2013, 04:31:41 pm »

Just for organization - as we've been stating our opinions each and everytime - could everyone post their "What I think about everyone else" list of people? Like who is Town/Scum? Can't do it now as I'm currently busy.
Going from top to bottom here.  Top is confirmed rebel, bottom is confirmed spy.

ToonyMan
Toaster
Captain Ford
Dariush
Leafsnail
Nerjin
Tiruin
notquitethere
Zombie Urist
Deathsword

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 11, 2013, 04:33:42 pm »

I shall do the same.

ZU
Toony
Ford
Dariush
Nerjin
Tiruin/Toaster <- still not too sure.
LS
NQT
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 11, 2013, 04:34:39 pm »

EBWOP:

Toaster
ToonyMan
Dariush
Ford or Leafsnail
Fixed.

Tiruin is scum for reasons I've said many, many times.
Whatever. Go with your Mafia way of playing it and not listen Toaster. In fairness, I'm practically disappointed with how your read it over everyone else.

[...]this is a very climatic time!
It will be a clima(c)tic time now, and it will be the same At mission Five if by a miracle this works out. We've spent days debating over teams teams teams for over who knows how long and over undecided scumteams with the usual thought of "Oh he's scum, let's not vote this" or "The organizer seems fairly scum for me, there's something wrong with the team" even if the team seems mostly town?

We'll never get anything accomplished if we go by the current reasoning. Three people perfectly misleading everyone.

PPE Toony

Then ZU :/ Fast posts

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 11, 2013, 04:37:52 pm »

I shall do the same.
ZU
Toony
Ford
Dariush
Nerjin
Tiruin/Toaster <- still not too sure.
LS
NQT
...Why didn't you make a ZU/Toony/Ford/Dariush team?  Your placements of Nerjin and Toaster in the current team make no sense.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67