Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 127128 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 3 - Planning Mode
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:26 pm »

PFP

Also put up a team and make sure to explain why you think it's a good team.
+1
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »

You're all a bunch of contradictory spies. Before I consider taking any of you, I want reasons for the following hypocrisies:

Tiruin: At #146 you say you wouldn't send Nerjin, CF or NQT on a team, and yet this is exactly the team you voted for when it was suggested by Ford. What changed your mind?

Dariush: at #41 you say there's no sane reason to put the same person two teams running, and yet you yourself put forward a team with Leafsnail and upvoted it.

Leafsnail: At #540 you say "I am going to downvote the next two teams" and yet you then have the audacity to suggest a full team to me. Would you downvote your own pick?

ZU: Leaving aside the issue of post #368, let's turn to #450 and #555 where you say Toonyman is scum and yet you upvoted a Toonyman-containing team suggested by Ford. What gives?

Toaster: At #34 you say that you have trouble reading Leaf. Do you still stand by the trust you bestow on him in #212? Your reads in general are all over the place. For instance, at #547 you say ZU is scum and only a few posts later at #559 you make out he's town. Where do you stand on this?

Toonyman: You've been consistent in reading NQT and ZU as spies. Consistently wrong that is. This isn't a question, I just wanted to say you'll be kicking yourself when this is all over (that is, unless you're a spy).

NQT: At #35 he claims he was trained by ninjas yet at #306 he claims to be an honourable gentleman. Both these statements cannot be true.

Anyway, my tentative picks:

Tiruin (has voted the same way as me on every vote. I know I'm town, so maybe this means he is too? This stands in sharp contrast to Toaster who has never voted my way.)
Nerjin (seemed earnest with the random team thing. Has the brains, hearts and muscle to win this.)
Toonyman (he's hated me this whole game but I don't have any compelling reason why he's scum despite looking hard for it.)
NQT (because I know I'm innocent, and I'd be an idiot not to put me on the team at this stage.)

Not-so-incidentally, this is also the full list of people who downvoted the last failed mission and everyone that hasn't gone yet because I think it's highly plausible that scum double-teamed at least one previous mission.

Reasons for not having certain other people on the team:
ZU, Dariush, Ford, for upvoting both failed missions.
LS because he's been on too many missions already.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2013, 08:22:45 pm »

Toonyman: You've been consistent in reading NQT and ZU as spies. Consistently wrong that is.
This is hilarious. I'm actually laughing LOLOL.

But seriously, the biggest reason I upvoted that team was because Ford proposed it and I wanted to pass it because I don't trust teams LS proposes.

Switch Toonyman with Ford on your proposed team.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2013, 08:26:09 pm »

Leafsnail: At #540 you say "I am going to downvote the next two teams" and yet you then have the audacity to suggest a full team to me. Would you downvote your own pick?
I thought suggesting a good team was worth a try, if only to help make you look scummier to everyone as you reject an all town team for no reason.  That said I'm pretty sure you'll pick a spy team in the end, so I'll end up downvoting.

Tiruin (has voted the same way as me on every vote. I know I'm town, so maybe this means he is too? This stands in sharp contrast to Toaster who has never voted my way.)
Nerjin (seemed earnest with the random team thing. Has the brains, hearts and muscle to win this.)
Toonyman (he's hated me this whole game but I don't have any compelling reason why he's scum despite looking hard for it.)
NQT (because I know I'm innocent, and I'd be an idiot not to put me on the team at this stage.)
This is a really bad team!  Switch yourself and Tiruin out for people who are not spies please.

Not-so-incidentally, this is also the full list of people who downvoted the last failed mission and everyone that hasn't gone yet because I think it's highly plausible that scum double-teamed at least one previous mission.
I fully agree!  In fact I think they triple teamed two previous missions.  The last two missions.  The ones you voted with ZU and Tiruin for and against respectively.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2013, 08:36:30 pm »

NQT:
Toaster: At #34 you say that you have trouble reading Leaf. Do you still stand by the trust you bestow on him in #212? Your reads in general are all over the place. For instance, at #547 you say ZU is scum and only a few posts later at #559 you make out he's town. Where do you stand on this?

On Leafsnail, yes and no.  As of post #212 I trusted him mostly off his interactions with ToonyMan regarding Nerjin.  I no longer value that very much for a read on anyone in general.  However, I still do read him town.  He is playing very strongly, and while he is indeed hard to read I believe most likely he is town.  Any gut distrust I have is unfounded in logic and reason.

ZU is scum, yes.  #559 was made by him, not me.  Assuming you meant #558, I don't see what you mean by me making him out as town.  I will still question people I have ruled scum.

Tiruin is scum so hell no.  Also I'd rather not send you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:33 pm »

Remind me again why we should think Tiruin is a spy?

LS, I don't care if you downvote or not: unlike you, I'm obviously going to put forward a team in which I can be certain that at least one of the participants isn't a spy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2013, 08:51:58 pm »

There's a lot of reasons, but his most flagrant and repeated one is his insistence that he knows there was exactly one spy on the Tiruin/LS/Toaster team that failed.  The only way he could be that sure is if there was one spy and it was him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2013, 09:05:12 pm »

Yeah but am I supposed to believe that without us communicating our intentions Tiruin has had the exact same intuitions as me for all five proposed teams. Either I vote like a spy or Tiruin is innocent. (Also, before you say that this means I must be scum, why would scum want to point out that they have voted the same as someone people think is scum?) Several people (including Zombie Urist) believed that there was only one spy on the initial team.

Tiruin off-topic:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 06, 2013, 09:07:07 pm »

Either I vote like a spy or Tiruin is innocent.
I'm going to go with option a), and also draw your attention to a wellknown expression about ducks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »

NQT:
Yeah but am I supposed to believe that without us communicating our intentions Tiruin has had the exact same intuitions as me for all five proposed teams. Either I vote like a spy or Tiruin is innocent. (Also, before you say that this means I must be scum, why would scum want to point out that they have voted the same as someone people think is scum?) Several people (including Zombie Urist) believed that there was only one spy on the initial team.

Remember me saying this?

Just know that "You must be scum because you voted town" is a terrible argument and I will come after you every time you use it.

Your argument smacks of this style of thinking again.  For one thing, the opposite (You voted scum so you must be town) is equally bad.  Concluding that someone is the same alignment as you because they vote like you is taking this fallacy and bending it around.  Also, see Leaf's comment.

But let's just run with it for a minute and see where it takes us.  You think like-minded alignments would vote the same, correct?  Let's assume you're correct, especially on D3 when the game is on the line.  You proposed this team:

Tiruin
Nerjin
Toonyman
NQT

Let's look at the previous vote, with your team marked out:

Nerjin: Up
ToonyMan: Up

Toaster: Up
Leafsnail: Up

Captain Ford: Down
Dariush: Down
Zombie Urist: Down
notquitethere: Down
Tiruin: Down

See the problem?  Assuming all spies did vote the same, there isn't a single possible scum team that doesn't include someone on your proposal, given that Ford/Dariush/ZU is impossible because of Mission 1's failure.

Vote pattern analysis is a great place to start, but it's not going to solve the puzzle for you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2013, 10:00:13 pm »

See, that's exactly the sort of joined-up thinking that I was fishing for. I don't actually think that like minded alignments would vote the same: there is no three-person voting block that has voted the same on every mission so this is clearly impossible. I think that scum are likely to vote roughly in line with one another and it strikes me as particularly implausible that any one of them would vote completely in line with a townsperson.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2013, 11:42:46 pm »

Spoiler: Off Topic (click to show/hide)

NQT: At #35 he claims he was trained by ninjas yet at #306 he claims to be an honourable gentleman. Both these statements cannot be true.
Sure you can, if you've got some kind of jekyll and hyde thing going on, except more ninja and monocle.

More seriously, I would not upvote that team. Even if there was a chance I thought Tiruin might still be a rebel, I would not put him and an LS sycophant (actually, LS might be a Toony sycophant, depending on how you look at it) on a team together.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2013, 11:47:10 pm »

(Just noticed that your profile says you're female. I'm sorry for getting your gender wrong in previous posts! The assumption was based on your avatar.)
NO.

O_O

My brain is full of all kinds of fuck. I can't believe I never picked up on that.

Excuse me while I marvel at how you focus on something that has no impact on anything.

Alrighty I'm over it. I wouldn't upvote your team NQT. I can't put my finger on it at this moment on why... Oh right, because everything you've said today either doesn't matter or makes little sense.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 07, 2013, 12:43:14 am »

I have no idea what's going on at this point.

NQT: Pleeeease replace Toony and with Ford/Dariush

What does ducks have to do with anything?

Also I always thought Tiruin was male and just put female otherwise. I dunno lol.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 07, 2013, 12:45:13 am »

Excuse me while I marvel at how you focus on something that has no impact on anything.

And the words "off-topic" meant nothing to you, apparently? Way to drag that out into the limelight, Nerjin. +1 douchebag point for you.

NQT: Pleeeease replace Toony and with Ford/Dariush
Toony and who?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67