Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 127056 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Down with the Evil Empire! Game Begins! Week 1, Day 1
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2013, 08:47:26 pm »

Leaf: Explain this "ganking" to me, please. I suspect you, Toaster, Toony and NQT are all guilty of the same logical errors, and I'm wondering if you don't all know something I don't.
I probably do know something you don't considering you're scum, yes.

As Toony says it's not that Nerjin gave a response other than Freedom Fighter.  It's that he didn't realize the significance of Freedom Fighter after Toony said the words, at all.  Maybe you are stupid and don't read your role PM (or more likely you do and you are a spy) but I don't think Nerjin would.  In any case I'm testing whether the rolenames are publically available information so we'll see if your theory is even possible.

The rest of your stuff is just splitting hairs.

I'll explain once why you're scum and then start ignoring you because you're scum.

You answered ToonyMan's question with something that wasn't the rebel rolename.  Ok, fine.

But then when ToonyMan mentioned what is supposedly your rolename you didn't notice what he was getting at.  His entire line of questioning went whooshing directly over your head.  You explicitly stated that you didn't know what he was getting at, even though it should have been obvious to anyone with a rebel role PM.

It is within the realms of possibility that Toony is scum (I don't think it's likely though).  However that would require him to have planned this with you ahead of time.  So even if Toony is scum you are scum too.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Replacement Needed! Week 1, Day 1 (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2013, 09:46:16 pm »

I like you Leafsnail. This is why I took a little bit to sit back and be calm about this. I looked at happy things to prevent any sort of rage from happening. I respect you. You seem like a nice person; however I feel that you are being somewhat.. unreasonable.

Let us assume we're playing a regular mafia game. Let us assume that you are correct and I am scum. If I were to say "I am a Freedom Fighter." At what point does that make it so? Role PM's are usually set up in the OP correct? I know this is the case for BM's. In a BM, let us say for clarity, I say "I am a Townie". Does that increase or decrease my likelihood of being a townie? The sad fact of the matter is no. I ask you one thing, after that you may ignore me with no ill-will gained: Does roleclaiming increase towniness and if so how much?

I'll explain once why you're scum and then start ignoring you because you're scum.

You answered ToonyMan's question with something that wasn't the rebel rolename.  Ok, fine.

But then when ToonyMan mentioned what is supposedly your rolename you didn't notice what he was getting at.  His entire line of questioning went whooshing directly over your head.  You explicitly stated that you didn't know what he was getting at, even though it should have been obvious to anyone with a rebel role PM.

Equally likely: I didn't think it was important.

I'm sorry things had to end this way Leafsnail, I actually was kinda looking forward to playing with you. However if you are set on ignoring me than I will respect your decision. Farewell.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16:29 pm »

I feel the same way as Nerjin. If this bullshit is the norm around here, I want out.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2013, 10:22:44 pm »

Spoiler: To Nerjin (click to show/hide)
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »

Spoiler: To Ford (click to show/hide)

I don't want out, I just want everyone to logically think through the whole "Role-claim or scum" thing is a little over-blown, if it has any credence to begin with.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2013, 10:37:06 pm »

Then what was the "farewell" for?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »

I included a phrase from my flavor in my first post.  Although Ford says here that all role flavors are probably different?  It's possible, I tried grabbing the words that stood out the most.
I'll confirm that I don't recognize a thing from the flavor in my role PM. Which isn't surprising, considering that there's no way in hell all the rebels got the same role PM as me.

We can't all be rambo, after all.

The fact that all four of you are pushing it so much is making a pretty strong case to me that you're all spies, because rebels would have the perspective to realize how full of holes it is.
And you're defending Nerjin because you're a spy as well isn't more likely?  Smaller conspiracies trump larger ones.
The sad thing is that you really don't realize how full of shit you are.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2013, 10:40:59 pm »

Last conversationsal post on the forum, sorry, but we gotta play the game.: Because he's going to ignore me so I took that as a good-bye from him. Apparently we won't be interacting anymore. I took it as a good-bye.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2013, 11:03:59 pm »

I will try to post results later tonight, I think they are all in.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:37 pm »

Fair enough. I misunderstood.

I am still appalled at the lack of basic critical reasoning skills in my supposed "peers". I'm still not sure how failing to acknowledge something that isn't significant is scummy.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:27 pm »

Well I have two theories about Leaf, but I may be wrong.

I think what it is is:

A) He actually believes it. Unlikely but not impossible. He's more experienced so maybe there's something to it.

B) He's scum, is bandwagoning, and trying to distance himself from the "Most" scummy player.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:15 pm »

WTF is actually going on? Too much dramaaaaaaaaaa.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2013, 11:23:37 pm »

As Toony says it's not that Nerjin gave a response other than Freedom Fighter.  It's that he didn't realize the significance of Freedom Fighter after Toony said the words, at all.  Maybe you are stupid and don't read your role PM (or more likely you do and you are a spy) but I don't think Nerjin would.  In any case I'm testing whether the rolenames are publically available information so we'll see if your theory is even possible.
Are you an idiot? GlyphGryph already answered that question.

The rest of your stuff is just splitting hairs.
Same to you.

This is pathetic. I've been over their exchange eight times and I still can't see anything incriminating. ToonyMan dropped the role name so many times that it lost its significance. I gave you the benefit of the doubt but you really are set on licking Toony's boots for some reason. I just find the whole situation completely bizarre, like I've stepped into the twilight zone when I wasn't looking. Are you bizarro Leafsnail? Could you please point the way back to my own universe, where people are rational and not complete loonies?

Also, (@Toony), I'm not defending Nerjin so much as trying to figure out who's been handing out crazy pills to all the "smart" players.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2013, 12:10:03 am »

(As a note, the potential role names I chose from included Resistance Member, Freedom Fighter, and Rebel Leader. I'm not saying I used all of these in the current game - spies obviously displaced some roles, after all. I'm just saying they were on my list, not that I picked them. I was a bit less creative with the Spies and just called them all Spy right from the get go. Everyone got themselves unique flavour though!)

The arguing eventually came down to a vote. 4 in favour, 6 against. Nerjin sighed heavily, but didn't seem to upset. "I'm glad to see you're all taking this seriously and taking initiative. I pass the mantle on to Tiruin now - we will all meet here again tomorrow, but he will lead the meeting and propose the team make-up, not I. Good luck in your new role, Tiruin. Meeting dismissed!" As everyone walked off, Nerjin just shook his head. Well, back in the saddle tomorrow then - he wasn't going to be leader anymore, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to get a say. And they still had four more days to decide, after all...

The next meeting begin pretty quickly. Tiruin was prompt and organized, ready to get down to business, and so they did...

The proposed team was:
2. Tiruin
3. Deathsword
10. Toaster

The final vote counts layout was:
In favour: 4
Nerjin: Up
Dariush: Up
notquitethere: Up
Tiruin: Up

Against: 6
ToonyMan: Down
Captain Ford: Down
Toaster: Down
Leafsnail: Down
Zombie Urist: Down
Deathsword: Down

It is now Day 2. Tiruin is the new group leader.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:19:44 pm by GlyphGryph »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Replacement Needed! Week 1, Day 2 (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2013, 01:06:34 am »

Interesting.

Ford: Why did you down vote?

Dariush: Why did you up vote?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 67