Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 127110 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Down with the Evil Empire! Game Begins! Week 1, Day 1
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2013, 05:18:43 am »

EBWOP: Er, 1/36=1/6. Also, it's probably better to make it the tens of minutes and the... singles of seconds for those with uber-fast internet who can guess how many tens of seconds are going to be on their post's timestamp.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:42 am »

Player list:
1. Nerjin
2. Tiruin
3. Deathsword
4. Dariush
5. Captain Ford
6. Leafsnail
7. notquitethere
8. spaghetti
9. Toaster
10. ToonyMan

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3917841/

2. Tiruin
3. Deathsword
10. Toaster

Completely random, does not take any of the people who are WIFOMing even a little. There, that is the team I propose.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2013, 10:37:35 am »

The votes have been cast.

It is time to cast your votes!

The thread will remain open for discussion while this occurs. I will reveal the results when all votes are collected.
Please PM me your vote, with either a Yes or a No for sending the proposed team on it's merry way.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2013, 11:11:52 am »

Decrement the number in the link URL by 1. (3917841->3917840->3917839 and so on) Go on a journey of pathetic failure to do a basic 1d10 roll.

On the other hand, I see that the results Nerjin gave are indeed the first ones rolled. While that doesn't make him 100% town in my eyes, it sure helps.

Also, is Spaghetti actually playing?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2013, 11:17:05 am »

No. You successfully scared them off. I'm requesting Zombie Urist replace in, since they did volunteer.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2013, 12:00:02 pm »

Random picking is bad.  Firstly because there's only a 1/6 chance of rolling an all rebel team*, and secondly because it gives us no new information to go off for day 2 (or at least the mafia gets to decide whether they give out the information).  It's not actually a particularly bad team but I reject it on the basis of the selection process.

*6/10 chance to pick the first rebel, 5/9 to pick the second and 4/8 to pick the third.  Multiply together for 1/6.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2013, 12:06:01 pm »

Dude-bro, I don't blame you. But as I'm not entirely sure this "Almost-mafia" doesn't count weekends towards the limit I just threw together a team. I don't like being in control. All I knew is A) Notquitethere is too scummy to be sent on anything. B) I was running out of time to put forth a team. Of the people the numbers picked I felt confident enough to send them along. If not, I'd like to hear your idea for a hypothetical team.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2013, 12:42:27 pm »

Not scum
Trustworthy Player.
and so far there are precious few. I sorta wish I wasn't the one who had to do this. All the pressure is sorta hard to deal with. I don't want to be responsible for the first failure.
See that's funny, because I for one like to call myself a Freedom Fighter.  I have this nagging feeling you're scum (beyond having no confidence we will succeed the first mission) and Dariush and Captain Ford are probable scum by association.  Proof being Dariush and Ford trying to get you to switch (this would be in the spies favor for the early round, you only need one spy and any more would just get the group suspected and less able to sabotage) and Captain Ford also says that they "know myself to be a rebel" just now.
Are you a Freedom Fighter Ford?
My opinion right now is for you to construct an entirely new team.
Baseless-wifom-baseless-wifom-baseless-wifom-baseless-wifom
Mind if I ask why you suspect I'm scum other than I'm the first player to pick a team?
Because you don't know the name of your role?  I would have accepted some other rebel-sounding name (it's possible GG wrote up multiple names to shake the town up), but with that strike-through and the fact I highly doubt GG called you a 'Trustworthy Player' makes me doubt you extremely.

Toonyman:
ಠ_ಠ
Yes, I am.
Okay answer.  (though you're damning Nerjin even more)

I have this nagging feeling you're scum (beyond having no confidence we will succeed the first mission) and Dariush and Captain Ford are probable scum by association. Proof being Dariush and Ford trying to get you to switch (this would be in the spies favor for the early round, you only need one spy and any more would just get the group suspected and less able to sabotage)
My first problem with this is that you think Nerjin is dumb enough to include 3/4 of his team on his first proposal for the first mission.
It's possible or even likely.

My second problem with this is that you are assuming that if there was more than one spy on a mission, that they would all sabotage.
No they shouldn't need to, it's a strategy really, since one spy is likely to be in the first mission anyway.

My third problem with this is that you're making the incredibly dumb assumption that the spies would include more than one spy on the first mission, and then sabotage it. If the spies were going to throw one of the missions to the rebels to try to gain credit, it would be the first one.
No no no no, the spies would want to win as fast as possible.  Throwing it to the rebels is not right.  They just need three wins, if they can get the first (especially with multiple spies in the first mission to cause confusion) it's a more clear victory for them.

Also I need to remind you that your first problem is still in the works, spies can't communicate after the game starts.  While it's true they would know it's Nerjin's first to organize it's possible this was all set-up and you're trying to wiggle your way out of my statements.  The fact Nerjin has no confidence in his team choice (and even went so far as a random pick) makes this even better.

That is an incredible amount of paranoia right there.
Is that wrong?

Can I just tell GG No. in the thread?  NO.  I don't think I will ever accept a team Nerjin constructs.

Decrement the number in the link URL by 1. (3917841->3917840->3917839 and so on) Go on a journey of pathetic failure to do a basic 1d10 roll.
On the other hand, I see that the results Nerjin gave are indeed the first ones rolled. While that doesn't make him 100% town in my eyes, it sure helps.
Way to go, the scum got lucky.  I'm sure at least one of those three players is a spy.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2013, 12:52:07 pm »

I highly doubt GG called you a 'Trustworthy Player' makes me doubt you extremely.
Wow, even in a game without lynches you manage to be a tunneling word-twisting fuckhole from day one.
Way to go, the scum got lucky.  I'm sure at least one of those three players is a spy.
You're SURE? Do I need to remind you about the only circumstance in which you are SURE that someone is a spy?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2013, 12:58:36 pm »

Not scum
Trustworthy Player.
and so far there are precious few. I sorta wish I wasn't the one who had to do this. All the pressure is sorta hard to deal with. I don't want to be responsible for the first failure.
See that's funny, because I for one like to call myself a Freedom Fighter.  I have this nagging feeling you're scum (beyond having no confidence we will succeed the first mission) and Dariush and Captain Ford are probable scum by association.  Proof being Dariush and Ford trying to get you to switch (this would be in the spies favor for the early round, you only need one spy and any more would just get the group suspected and less able to sabotage) and Captain Ford also says that they "know myself to be a rebel" just now.
Mind if I ask why you suspect I'm scum other than I'm the first player to pick a team?
Because you don't know the name of your role?  I would have accepted some other rebel-sounding name (it's possible GG wrote up multiple names to shake the town up), but with that strike-through and the fact I highly doubt GG called you a 'Trustworthy Player' makes me doubt you extremely.

So you're an idiot. This much is apparent. Claiming someone scum due to them not picking a name that sounds just right to you. Either scum or a moron. You're choice. I lean towards both myself. It is equally likely, if you'll indulge me, that I simply did not think the actual question you were asking was "What was the flavor you got in your role PM?" My apologies for not seeing this.

Toonyman:
ಠ_ಠ
Yes, I am.
How? Mind if I ask what your logic is for this?

I have this nagging feeling you're scum (beyond having no confidence we will succeed the first mission) and Dariush and Captain Ford are probable scum by association. Proof being Dariush and Ford trying to get you to switch (this would be in the spies favor for the early round, you only need one spy and any more would just get the group suspected and less able to sabotage)
My first problem with this is that you think Nerjin is dumb enough to include 3/4 of his team on his first proposal for the first mission.

I won't deny it. I'm trying to put every possible member of my team on the first mission. After all Rebels need rebels on the team to win.

Can I just tell GG No. in the thread?  NO.  I don't think I will ever accept a team Nerjin constructs.

With your intelligence I'm not all that offended.

Well I'll ask you this question then, what's your team set up? Please, tell me truly I implore, who exactly do you trust enough to send on the mission? Try being less of an arrogant ass and try to contribute more than just "This guy is scum. Nothing he says is right." Why do you claim any of the players on my set-up is scum? Please, I'd like to hear your views on the team members more than the organizer.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2013, 01:28:29 pm »

Hi everyone I'm replacing in. Though I probably won't be active for a few days.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2013, 01:53:45 pm »

Something I noticed.
You could say this and you would be right 5/6 of the time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2013, 01:57:37 pm »

I highly doubt GG called you a 'Trustworthy Player' makes me doubt you extremely.
Wow, even in a game without lynches you manage to be a tunneling word-twisting fuckhole from day one.
Sorry.

You're SURE? Do I need to remind you about the only circumstance in which you are SURE that someone is a spy?
I'm fairly suspicious of Nerjin, if he's content with a team choice (even if it's the first legitimate roll) then I will say I'm sure there's at least a spy in that group.  I don't see the problem with this reasoning.

Are you a Freedom Fighter Dariush?

Not scum
Trustworthy Player.
So you're an idiot. This much is apparent. Claiming someone scum due to them not picking a name that sounds just right to you. Either scum or a moron. You're choice. I lean towards both myself. It is equally likely, if you'll indulge me, that I simply did not think the actual question you were asking was "What was the flavor you got in your role PM?" My apologies for not seeing this.
Sorry for being dumb, but are you going to claim you're a Freedom Fighter or not?

Toonyman:
ಠ_ಠ
Yes, I am.
If Ford says he's a Freedom Figher and you don't, what would that entail?

I won't deny it. I'm trying to put every possible member of my team on the first mission. After all Rebels need rebels on the team to win.
Huh, I think you read that statement incorrectly.  Your first and second sentence implies you're a spy but the third states you're a rebel.

Hey hey, I think I've called you dumb at worse and it's just game talk.  Of course I'm not going to accept a team you make if I think you're a spy!

Well I'll ask you this question then, what's your team set up? Please, tell me truly I implore, who exactly do you trust enough to send on the mission? Try being less of an arrogant ass and try to contribute more than just "This guy is scum. Nothing he says is right." Why do you claim any of the players on my set-up is scum? Please, I'd like to hear your views on the team members more than the organizer.
ToonyMan - I didn't like self-nominating in my first post but after back-and-forthing with Ford I did come to the conclusion that it's best at least for the early game because if it's me I know I'm town and if it's someone else that just turns into a 50/50 flip (4 scum 4 town) that wouldn't change much even if they didn't self-nominate.  This doesn't take into account player behavior during the game, but I can not fault you for nominating yourself at the start, purely based on that.
The other two would be mainly a procession of elimination but also the two people I could likely trust the most.  (Ford would have been a possible choice as well if it wasn't this game)
Toaster and Leafsnail have both made decent starting posts and decent mid-day posts.  Toaster is on the team list that Nerjin RNG'd but I would place more money on Deathsword and Tiruin for spy right now.

Hi everyone I'm replacing in. Though I probably won't be active for a few days.
We still will need Tiruin to show up for the next team organization...

PPE:
Something I noticed.
You could say this and you would be right 5/6 of the time.
Am I right ZU?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2013, 02:00:00 pm »

Probably.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2013, 02:20:10 pm »

Not scum
Trustworthy Player.
Sorry for being dumb, but are you going to claim you're a Freedom Fighter or not?

What exactly would that accomplish. If you are swayed by someone simply claiming than I think we're all screwed.

Toonyman:
ಠ_ಠ
Yes, I am.
If Ford says he's a Freedom Figher and you don't, what would that entail?

... It entails nothing. It means Ford will say whatever it takes to appease people. It also implies that you're easily swayed.

Huh, I think you read that statement incorrectly.  Your first and second sentence implies you're a spy but the third states you're a rebel.
I think you read mine incorrectly actually. As a rebel I want every possible team-mate on a mission.

Hey hey, I think I've called you dumb at worse and it's just game talk.  Of course I'm not going to accept a team you make if I think you're a spy!
Dumb=Lack of intelligence. The last part is obvious and needs not be stated.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67