Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 126909 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Final Week, Day 1... Planning Stage.
« Reply #960 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:48 pm »

You voted identically with your spy partner NQT and being able to cover yourself by doing things not in your best interests would probably be worthwhile to success.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 15, 2013, 09:39:05 pm »

Err, NQT isn't my spy partner...Doesn't matter though.

But is me being associated with being a spy due to the vote pattern?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 15, 2013, 09:45:38 pm »

This gametype seemed kindof odd overall.  It felt like it was really hard to assemble a non-spy team at first, but once that happened it became a lot easier for the rebels.  That's probably why there was such an anticlimactic feeling.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 15, 2013, 09:47:24 pm »

I dunno, this is a pretty good climax for me.

It's certainly been fun.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 15, 2013, 09:48:37 pm »

If y'all want I could re-post the team with lots of Micheal Baysplosions.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 15, 2013, 10:11:22 pm »

This gametype seemed kindof odd overall.  It felt like it was really hard to assemble a non-spy team at first, but once that happened it became a lot easier for the rebels.  That's probably why there was such an anticlimactic feeling.

I think that's the way it's supposed to work.  With the odds seriously against a W1 team being all-rebel, the rebels are almost forced to play for a come-from-behind victory.

If you think about it, the game ends up being very similar to Dethy, but a bit less spreadsheety. (Not that I didn't use a spreadsheet)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 15, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »

Oh god did I use a spreadsheet.

I tore that thing UP.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 15, 2013, 11:20:53 pm »

Dethy is actually basically impossible for the mafia to win unless the town either gets very unlucky or does dumb things like targeting the same person twice, forgetting to inspect, claiming incorrect results etc.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 15, 2013, 11:21:32 pm »

Still missing a vote from Dariush.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 15, 2013, 11:22:25 pm »

He got pretty angry at Totem 2 so he may have left us.  You should try sending him a prod anyway.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 16, 2013, 12:34:40 am »

pfp

A few months ago. I was on Liars dice with wuba and Dariush, in which i proceeded to beat Dariush 2-3 games in a row. Upon which he promptly ragequitted. At that time Wuba and I both thought he would rejoin in like 5 mins, but he never did.  :(

He just might have quit. Also I do recall him actually and completely quitting LoL, which Ive never seen anyone else do.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 16, 2013, 12:55:51 am »

I quit LoL- just ask Wuba.

Though it was because I could never play a straight game without having to get up and tend to one of the kids.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 16, 2013, 02:38:18 am »

At that time Wuba and I both thought he would rejoin in like 5 mins, but he never did.  :(
Ignoring the extremely minor detail of no more games being ever hosted, yes, you're right. I played no more Liar's Dice since then.

What's the point of a vote if the team is identical to the yesterday's one? Why not simply copy them over?

And LoL is a time-sucking pointless unrealistic piece of shit with an absolutely atrocious community.

Well, the necessity of another post kind of detriments the effect of my last one, but yeah, the gist is correct. Unless it's something really interesting like this game where town doesn't have reason to just lynch whomever just to stay alive and hope for the best or maybe an interesting bastard, I won't be playing any 'standard' games in the foreseeable future.

And when sending the prods, regardless of the ragequitness state of the receiver, it pays to look at their profile to see when it's the middle of the night for them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 16, 2013, 07:48:23 am »

Well, the necessity of another post kind of detriments the effect of my last one, but yeah, the gist is correct. Unless it's something really interesting like this game where town doesn't have reason to just lynch whomever just to stay alive and hope for the best or maybe an interesting bastard, I won't be playing any 'standard' games in the foreseeable future.
That game's not over yet...And the lynch whomever was a situational basis.

But still, sad to see one less player in 'regular' games now :/

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 16, 2013, 08:41:09 am »

It wasn't really a prod. It had only been a handful of hours, I figured you weren't around, but it couldn't hurt.

Final Vote:
Everyone but NQT: Up

NQT: Down

NQT packed up his bags. It was clear the way the tide was turning. He had to get out of there - now.

Meanwhile, a dozen blocks away at the TV station...

"Go, go, go!" yelled Toaster, kicking the door in. They'd manage to acquire several high powered assault rifles through newly sympathetic contacts, but the goal here wasn't to shoot people - no, that wasn't even close. In fact, they'd been lucky to get through as much of the building undetected as they did. As Toaster swung into the seat for the camera equipment, Dariush  kept his weapon trained on the workers hudding in the corner and laughed, and Nerjin kicked the newscaster out of his set with a boot to the face.

In another part of the building, ToonyMan and CaptainFord secured the technical end of the mission - they'd taken over the transmission room, insuring the broadcast would not be cut off the moment Toaster's team entered the room. After locking the civilians in a closet, they turned to the monitor to see Nerjin step up to the screen.

Elsewhere, eyes locked on a television receiving the signal, Leafsnail voiced his support. "You can do it Nerjin! It's all up to you, now!" Nerjin could not hear it, of course, but as he began speaking, he showed no hesitation.

"People of the Empire!" Nerjin's voice rang out. "We've come here today to send you a message, in the clearest terms!" Toaster and Dariush cheered as he begain. "We've come here today to reveal a terrible injustice, to take credit for acts against our foul oppressors, and reveal a list of demands and a request for the people to rise up in our support!" More cheers. "For too long, we have cowered, but now we want the world to know - Man boy love MUST be made legal in the empire! Too long have we the people been kept realizing our lust with the ultimate target - children! Too long have we had to make love to disgusting women or disgusting adult men!" Dariush looked around, suddenly confused, and swore. Toaster's mouth hung open. "And not just make love to them! We should be able to purchase them, trade them! Have whole harems of them! I know I'll be cut off any moment, but this is truly what the Rebellion is about, and-" ToonyMan, finally, killed the transmission.

"What. The. Fu-" was all he managed before both doors flew open under the weight of a heavy battery rams, and a duo of heavily clad, armored special forces enforcers crashed through the window, weapons firing.

Back in the studio, Dariush launched into a stream of vulgarity. Toaster still seemed shock. Nerjin raised a hand. "Worry not, Dariush, I can explain. You see." He raised his rifle, and fired three rounds directly into Dariush's chest.

Back with leafsnail, in front of a Television miles away, ZombieUrist and the rest of the espionage crew gave a cheer, and he shared a high five with Leafsnail. "We fucking took that man, did you see that? Glorious!"

Tiruin, watching from home, his carton of Ice Cream oozing accross the rug from where it hit the floor, looked up just in time for the door to blast open, and a dozen swat units rush into his living room. Throwing a black bag over his head, they dragged him into the van parked out front - one well insulated from sound escaping, where none of the neighbours could be disturbed by his screams as he revealed everything he knew about the rebellion and who was in it.

At NQT's home, something similar occured - except that NQT was nowhere to be found. An All Points Bulletin was sent for his arrest, but it seemed that he'd disappeared entirely. A disturbing loose end remained open... but overall, the victory was total.

The Resistance cell was crushed. Popular opinion has turned against the Rebellion as a whole, at least for now.

It's over.

The Empire has won, again.

The Evil Empire is Victorious! All hail the spies! Nerjin, Leafsnail, and Zombie Urist have all received the highest honours!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67