Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 131857 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 4 - Planning Mode
« Reply #810 on: March 12, 2013, 12:38:05 pm »

On Dariush:

Look at this team.  Assuming for a second that Dariush is scum, why in the world would he have downvoted it?  By extension, this applies to Ford as well.

If we label them both town, then let's move back and apply that to this team.  It failed, so at least one member was scum.  If we assume Ford and Dariush town, that means at least one of Leaf and ZU are scum.

I don't see any real reason to label him scum.  But just for giggles, Dariush:  Who would you send at this point?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 12, 2013, 01:00:36 pm »

Yep, it's safer that way.  I know LS was talking about that and why he still up-voted ZU's team, but I don't think the spies are coordinated masterminds.  It's certainly more likely NQT is a spy, but he's been up-voting almost every single team (like Tiruin).  It's quite possible you voted down without realizing your partners were going for it along with oblivious NQT and me.
Sorry to have to call you out on your bullshit, but there have been seven votes, of which I have upvoted four teams. 4/7 is not 'almost every single team'. You yourself have upvoted 3/7 teams.

(Call me crazy and I'm just throwing this out there for the record, just in case, but I've got a weird intuition, a hunch or gut feeling, that the spies would want to rub their win in our collective faces and your 'ballsy' town team is actually three quarters scum.)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 12, 2013, 01:21:29 pm »

If we label them both town, then let's move back and apply that to this team.  It failed, so at least one member was scum.  If we assume Ford and Dariush town, that means at least one of Leaf and ZU are scum.
Yes, ZU is scum.  You can see this more clearly from the Week 3, Day 1 vote.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 12, 2013, 01:22:35 pm »

Dariush:  Who would you send at this point?
You, me, Ford and Nerjin.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 12, 2013, 01:29:07 pm »

@NQT:
"I'm not saying."
A majority then.  In recent memory I could only think of you up-voting with Tiruin.  Maybe the fact your team was ONLY up-voted by yourself and Tiruin rubbed that in.  Great eye.

Dariush:  Who would you send at this point?
You, me, Ford and Nerjin.
I would have to disagree.  That's exactly the same as the last team but Toaster instead of me, you aren't going to convince Toaster to take me off the team the same way I likely won't be able to take you off.  When did you start supporting Nerjin again?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 12, 2013, 01:33:32 pm »

Could this be further evidence that Toony isn't as squeaky clean as some suspect, or am I literally the only person in this game that keeps track of votes? For the spy, what has happened before is of no interest because for them the facts of the game need never be critically analysed.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 12, 2013, 02:32:17 pm »

NQT: Words matter too.  Not just votes.  It's very easy for spies to vote against their interests once in a while and make the analysis you're trying to use give meaningless results.  What you need to look for is people whose words contradict their actions or other words.

For instance, going into Week 3 you made one concrete recommendation: don't put Nerjin and ToonyMan on the same team.  Then you immediately upvoted a team which had both Nerjin and ToonyMan on it.  Why?  Because you were also on that team and you don't care about the alignment of anyone else on that team, because you are a spy.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 12, 2013, 02:52:04 pm »

I agree with Toaster's reasoning. We should definitely exclude LS, Tiruin and ZU. From there, we only need one of NQT, Nerjin and Toony. Taking Toony is the safest bet.

As I sidenote, I am very amused by the fact that Dariush has been included on so many teams against his will.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 12, 2013, 03:21:02 pm »

We should also exclude NQT because he is a spy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 12, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »

Could this be further evidence that Toony isn't as squeaky clean as some suspect, or am I literally the only person in this game that keeps track of votes? For the spy, what has happened before is of no interest because for them the facts of the game need never be critically analysed.
I've never analyzed votes critically.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 12, 2013, 04:46:35 pm »

LS, you're probably right that I shouldn't have upvoted a team or suggested a team with both Nerjin and Toony. My change of mind was based on the notion that there was more than one spy in at least one of the preceding teams. On further reflection, I don't believe we can be sure of this. I'm not claiming that the votes are the only thing we should look at, merely that they're the most concrete thing we have. You're right that people can lie with their votes as well, but overall scum must upvote scum teams. I only hope that you and Toony are spies after all, as you'll both look very foolish when I flip rebel at the end of the game.

Toony, ah yes, your dazzling insight that led to the conclusion that I am very likely a spy. I liked the colour coding and you had some interesting things to say. And maybe ZU is a spy. But me? Come off it. I downvoted that team chiefly because it was proposed by Leafsnail who, thanks to being on two failed missions, had gained an aura of untrustworthiness. I could not in good faith go along with anything he suggested.

Only spies or fools can maintain such certainty in such uncertain conditions, Toaster. I bid you not to take either of them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 12, 2013, 06:22:34 pm »

Holy shit

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 12, 2013, 06:28:13 pm »

LS, you're probably right that I shouldn't have upvoted a team or suggested a team with both Nerjin and Toony. My change of mind was based on the notion that there was more than one spy in at least one of the preceding teams. On further reflection, I don't believe we can be sure of this. I'm not claiming that the votes are the only thing we should look at, merely that they're the most concrete thing we have. You're right that people can lie with their votes as well, but overall scum must upvote scum teams. I only hope that you and Toony are spies after all, as you'll both look very foolish when I flip rebel at the end of the game.

Okay Mister Math, what scum team of three plus Deathsword generates the highest sum of scum voting for scum teams?

Toony, ah yes, your dazzling insight that led to the conclusion that I am very likely a spy. I liked the colour coding and you had some interesting things to say. And maybe ZU is a spy. But me? Come off it. I downvoted that team chiefly because it was proposed by Leafsnail who, thanks to being on two failed missions, had gained an aura of untrustworthiness. I could not in good faith go along with anything he suggested.

Only spies or fools can maintain such certainty in such uncertain conditions, Toaster. I bid you not to take either of them.

I think you're reading different Toony posts than I am.

I'm rapidly running out of options if I don't take them.  Also, Tiruin is far more guilty of "certainty in uncertain times" than either of them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 12, 2013, 06:36:51 pm »

Damn I saw you posted and I was all like "sweeeeet, I can just...  noep. No team proposal. Awww."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 12, 2013, 06:57:14 pm »

Damn I saw you posted and I was all like "sweeeeet, I can just...  noep. No team proposal. Awww."
Be a bit more optimistic mod!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67