Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 131834 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 4 - Planning Mode
« Reply #780 on: March 11, 2013, 08:57:30 pm »

Out of curiosity, who would you send instead?  I think I know your answer, but I'll ask anyway.

Well this is where we dive into a bit of harsh territory. I'd send myself obviosly but you don't trust me [which I understand considering the argument you presented] so we'll have to go further down the list here:

Honestly... I sorta lean towards Tiruin of the remaining probably spies on your list. ZU is obviously right out due to his dishonesty and I don't trust NQT. Though I notice that ZU is higher up than Tiruin despite ZU essentially flipping scum. I don't recall what Tiruin's done to make you think he's spy but I'm sure you have good reasoning... or something.

I suppose now that I look at the alternatives I'm forced to the choice of Glyphgryph LS or Ford anyways.... Ugh... I don't like this one.  bit.  I'll commit to a course of action tomorrow. I need more time to think.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 11, 2013, 09:07:07 pm »

Leafsnail has been on two failed missions already. Ford has posted reasonably, but he did upvote both failed teams (as did Dariush, who is otherwise quite reasonable). I suggest myself: there is no rational argument that I am a spy. You may think I'm mad, you may even think I'm a poor player, but I certainly haven't acted or voted like a spy.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 11, 2013, 09:09:04 pm »

hahahaha

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 11, 2013, 09:12:14 pm »

Meh.

I too suggest myself.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 11, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »

Meh.

I too suggest myself.

Quiet you. The Town is talking.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 11, 2013, 09:14:42 pm »

:-X
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 11, 2013, 09:16:27 pm »

hahahaha
Your rigorous and sound arguments have won me over, Leafsnail: this doesn't look like the Revolucion version of an OMGUS, no not at all!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 11, 2013, 09:17:22 pm »

(that or he's just messing with us)

I know much time Mafia can take, so I wouldn't waste your time.  If I was scum, I'd post a game-winning team and some lolcats and be done with it.

Meh.

I too suggest myself.

No thanks.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 11, 2013, 09:45:51 pm »

Huh. I didn't actually vote. (I guess GG totally forgot about me)

I have no idea how I would have voted.

I know my behavior has been atrocious since my team proposal, but in my defense, I only acted that way in a mistaken belief that nothing I could do would change that. Obviously, I was wrong, and I've worked on tightening up my game again.

That said, I'll let my case lie on the objective evidence compiled by Toony and everyone else.

I'd say I'd support any team that Toaster supports, but that doesn't mean much at this point.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 12, 2013, 12:00:25 am »

Holy hell, I did forget about you. o_o

Whoops.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 12, 2013, 12:02:16 am »

Voter fraud! I have lost all faith in the system. I demand a three week investigation into the matter to prove that Glyph is actually an impartial judge and not some empire spy who wants to lose town the game through magical mumbo-jumbo voting methods.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 12, 2013, 12:39:56 am »

Sure.

Glorious Rebels
Toaster
ToonyMan
Dariush
Ford
Leafsnail

Nerjin
NQT
Zombie Urist
Tiruin
Filthy Scumbag Traitors

The space is intentional, and represents the midpoint.

PPE:  GG, you might want to double check that vote count.
PFP

I believe we have 5 spies then, Toaster.

You forgot Deathsword. Again.

Constant mission members: Toony and Toaster. Send them.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 12, 2013, 12:42:00 am »

I think that's just on a scale. It's a Ordinal Number thing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 12, 2013, 06:13:36 am »

Yeah, where I end up last because of my opinions?

I just believe that scum play this in a calculative and speculative manner. Nobody would mess it up that early, pertaining to Nerjin @ Day 1. Being quick to call others out on the same principle as in a Mafia game - this one lacks anything of concrete tells - would also be a factor.

Anyway back and here's mine: LS and Dariush - the latter is wavering but I'm leaning scum on him due to how he treated Nerjin (them taunts? Yeah, I don't like them. Not just because they're seemingly offensive, but how you call them out in relation to his presumed role). Then comes ZU because of what Ford presented in the strange vote shift - its different from mine in that it didn't have any hints beforehand.

Then the list gets muddled and confused. Toaster,  Toony, Ford and  Nerjin stick to the town side in descending order of me being sure. NQT, I'm quite confused with. Reason why regardless of what others have said:

> He mentions things from an open-minded point of view without care of the consequences. Sure, I understand he's a logician, but there are some variables which don't apply into a game such as this which would factor into persuading people from a reasonable way.
> How he interprets people's alignment - call me quite worried on how he got my role (that one explanation after blue-ing out my name? That one)
> His call to honesty. That's a bad thing to do. While this game focuses more on the conversational side and not on the "I KILL YOU BECAUSE YOU SCUM" kind of ill-logic, stating a definitive that proceeds out-of-game is like stating your last will and declaration of rule. That wipes off the fun of getting to know a person via scientific method (or as far as that method goes here...) and also dissuades thought into a one or the other idea.

Not a good thing to do NQT :/

Anyway
Given that Toaster is innocent (that or he's just messing with us), we shouldn't send either Leafsnail or Tiruin.
Whatever the reason, don't send any of us at this moment. You only need four people.

I'm tired of reasoning anyway, but just send Toaster already and be done with this team picking shenanigans.

Voter fraud! I have lost all faith in the system. I demand a three week investigation into the matter to prove that Glyph is actually an impartial judge and not some empire spy who wants to lose town the game through magical mumbo-jumbo voting methods.
Only GG is the true spy. I've stated that before. The others are just actors playing as rebels with their fancy wordplay and nailing scum down like hotshot detectives.

Cowards.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 12, 2013, 10:05:55 am »

I see what your saying, Tiruin. Each game I try to experiment with approaches, trying out what works and what doesn't. I've always got my core logical approach, but in this game I've tried new approaches: from casual zaniness, appeals to honour, and wild intuitive leaps from scant evidence. This has led to me seeming erratic, but really it's just continued experiments. If something works then I'll know for future games. Obviously, it hasn't done me many favours in this game. If I were a spy, I would have the spy-plan to follow and my play would have been smoother.

As town, my goal should have been to be as trustworthy and earnest as possible so as to get on more teams and increase the likelihood of a town win. I have, of course, failed completely to that end, getting on no successful teams. About a week ago, having realised that I seemed inextricably scum to more players than the spies could account for, I embraced the role and essentially stopped caring what signal I gave off: this too was another experiment, though probably not one in town's favour. I don't feel too bad for letting town down: the odds were stacked against us from the start, and not all the other players have behaved entirely reasonably. Who knows, Toaster might select an all-rebel team by fluke and then we might still win this. I hope so.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 67