Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 131845 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 3 - Planning Mode
« Reply #675 on: March 07, 2013, 10:04:45 pm »

I'm actually considering
Ford
Nerjin
Toaster/Tiruin
Dariush

Hmm...
If it's Toaster and not Tiruin this is acceptable.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 07, 2013, 10:10:41 pm »

ZU: ...I don't see a good reason not to allow you to use the extension. I don't think Toaster will need it, and saving it for week 5 is kind of pointless if we can't get a team through.

But if you put up that team with Toaster on it, I'd upvote.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 07, 2013, 10:17:45 pm »

Tiruin, cast your vote. Now.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 07, 2013, 10:22:33 pm »

I think I speak for all of us when I say that Tiruin would probably vote with me. Maybe... Isn't he in a different time zone? I'd say give him a few hours. Unless his vote won't change anything.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 07, 2013, 10:23:37 pm »

I think I speak for everybody when I say I have no idea what Tiruin's been up to lately.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 07, 2013, 10:30:44 pm »

...damn. Tiruin said something that made a lot of sense ... hmm ... and I'm wondering if that comment by Leafsnail wasn't ... hmm ...

NQT: I'm probably gonna stick with my current reads in the end, but what about LS, ZU and Toony? I just looked over Toony's vote record with that team in mind and their voting pattern made a lot of sense to me. I'm not sure why my brain picks Toony as the most likely third ... but ... well, there it is.

ZU: Same here.

Nerjin: ...with you? Tiruin already upvoted.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 07, 2013, 10:41:48 pm »

Tiruin's probably asleep, given she lives in the Philippines.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 07, 2013, 10:55:43 pm »

I missed GlyphGryph's post. D'oh.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 08, 2013, 03:09:11 am »

Tiruin, cast your vote. Now.
\
PFP sorry!!

Its sent now, I thought I sent it yesterday. Just saw now that net error happened...  :-\

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 08, 2013, 03:29:54 am »

I'm objecting to the team itself because Tiruin is on it, mostly.
I told you NQT. Pick Toaster over me. This goes for everyone else.

Though, I'd like to ask you why, Ford?

I think I speak for all of us when I say that Tiruin would probably vote with me. Maybe... Isn't he in a different time zone? I'd say give him a few hours. Unless his vote won't change anything.
What would be your vote then?

I think I speak for everybody when I say I have no idea what Tiruin's been up to lately.
Sleeping. School. Living.

...damn. Tiruin said something that made a lot of sense ... hmm ... and I'm wondering if that comment by Leafsnail wasn't ... hmm ...
Ellipses D:

I'm actually considering
Ford
Nerjin
Toaster/Tiruin
Dariush

Hmm...
My intuition is telling Dar = scum. Just wanted to say that as I'll be back later. Re-reading...All of it. Again.

Still, regardless of my gut feeling-which-is-mostly-right, tempered by reasoning, I'd upvote this. Just shift me for Toaster.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 08, 2013, 09:56:35 am »

Two reasons why it's really weird that Tiruin would want to promote Toaster:

1. If I was town and on a failing team with two other people, those two other people would be a lot more suspicious to me than everyone else.
2. Toaster and Tiruin have voted completely differently on every vote. On votes alone, they don't agree on anything!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:00 am »

@Tiruin
I'm convinced that Tiruin voted like a town and her arguments that that's not logical only convince me further. We'll find out at the end of the game whether this is a rational way of deciding things. For now, I think it's too big a coincidence to ignore. Picking her precludes taking Toaster, and so I'm going to go with the team as it stands:

Tiruin
Nerjin
Toonyman
NQT

Fixed that for ya. I'm downvoting mainly because of NQT being well... there. Very little you said yesterday made coherent sense and I just don't trust it.

That.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 08, 2013, 01:14:42 pm »

Two reasons why it's really weird that Tiruin would want to promote Toaster:

1. If I was town and on a failing team with two other people, those two other people would be a lot more suspicious to me than everyone else.
2. Toaster and Tiruin have voted completely differently on every vote. On votes alone, they don't agree on anything!
3. Tiruin knows who else is the scum on the M1 team but nobody else believes that.
4. Tiruin is spy. Always scum. Therefore Toaster is a better choice.
5. Tiruin has been illogical and confusing from the start! Oh goodness, spies should learn to play safe harder!
6. Toaster is spy too? Possibility confirmed.
7. #s 3-6 work as a satirical note on what I've seen people 'out' me as scum by. And people believe it. Huh.

But really, you know the person with higher chances of being upvoted and less likely to be scum (talking, obviously, from the general viewpoint) is him. I keep on pushing the notion that there is one spy on M1, and there is. Somehow, and on a funny note, people allude that to me calling myself out! (As the standard, those who've issued that statement have no reasons behind it. Again. I'm leaving the question on why right here, but I expect to be ignored - just like in the previous pages.)

I'm just wondering why those people are mainly ToonyMan and Toaster, two people who score Town in my eyes. Now, the list of people-who-score that number have also been labelled as null, which somehow others (I believe that's you, Ford?) have been confused over? Clarify: Null reads are put under the Town folder. I cannot assume those [in general] are scum without conclusive evidence. This is not Mafia. The principle of Mafia is still present, but that kind of thinking doesn't help here.

@1: Not really. Those two other people rank as null in my eyes. Considering the fact that there are 3 spies - 3/9 people,
@2: That's one of the things I'm pointing out. Why does vote correlation mean I'm town, he's town, I'm scum, he's scum, or any of these variables interchanged and mixed? Vote correlation is the very thing I've poked you about when you first issued my name up for the team. It either also signifies differing opinion: something I believe townies have in contest with each other, manipulated mostly by other people's words.

8. No I'm not, ever, going to go under the assumption that Toaster and Leafsnail are both spies. One thing is, even though people offered the idea up, nobody tries to prove it and instead falls back to the one-spy-M1 thing. Due to the large number of people talking, and no time limit, many drop an "I think you're scum" without pertinent reasons why. It's like a one way opinion; 'And then what', comes to mind as there is no continuation with that sort of conversation.
2a. Toaster has, in an interesting way, labelled me as STRONG SCUM in his 'gut reads'. I've asked him for reasons why. Up until now, he hasn't come up with any of them. - this pokes at my thinking that he's being Town, or just lazying around given his past record of playing. Just to state, LS ranks higher on my list for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Now can you just please shift me for Toaster ZU, because I'm really getting tired of reasoning with declarative and not interrogative sentences, thanks.

NQT: Given #1, why do you think those other two people are more suspicious than everyone else - especially when the everyone else part has my suspects (those who I've suspected precluding this) instead of them?

#2: I see you're following your Logician profession, much like the previous game we've played in. How does vote correlation work between townies, in a hypothetical situation? Two townies. I'm asking this to see how you view it, so please be honest here.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #688 on: March 08, 2013, 01:25:31 pm »

The consensus was clear - No one trusted NQTs proposal. The mantle of leadership was passed on to zombie urist.

The team:

Tiruin
Nerjin
ToonyMan
NQT

Has been rejected by a vote of 7 to 2. The vote breakdown follows:
notquitethere: Up
Tiruin: Up

Toaster: Down
Nerjin: Down
ToonyMan: Down
Dariush: Down
Leafsnail: Down
Zombie Urist: Down
Captain Ford: Down

Zombie Urist is now Team Leader, welcome to Day 4 of the week. If this player's proposal is rejected, the next players proposal will be automatically accepted.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 4 - Planning Mode
« Reply #689 on: March 08, 2013, 01:31:03 pm »

Why did Dariush downvote?  Nevermind.

ZU's Toaster proposal would probably pass.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67