Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 126908 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Down with the Evil Empire!"

With that call, the meeting sprang to order. Nerjin, designated as the newly formed Resistance Cell's first "organizer", quickly called the meeting to order and got down to business.

"Things are going to start off pretty simple," he said. "We need to build up a bit of experience, so we're going on a simply PR run. Only 3 of us will be heading into the field for this mission - we'll be spray-painting the outside of a local government office. The rest of us will head around town spraypainting random targets away from the main mission site, causing a distraction and building a message. We should all try to learn from the experience. It might seem a bit silly, but make no mistake - the Empire treats this as a serious matter, and they'll have no qualms about punishing us severely if we are caught. It's also one of the cheapest and most effective ways to get out our message and let the locals know a Resistance Cell is operating in their area, and that we're brave enough to take action - the first of many steps in building popular local support."

He goes on to explain how he'll select the team of three, and the group as a whole will vote on whether or not to go through with the mission. There's always a chance of the Empire's devious spies infiltrating the group and wreaking havoc, even on such a simple mission as this, so it's important that we trust everyone who gets sent out into the field. If we can't come to a consensus today, the organizer status will move to the next person on the list, and we'll meet up again the next day until we do. We need to come up with SOMETHING by Friday (today is monday) in order to have time to pull it off over the weekend and keep up with the big push the resistance is making around the city.

He goes on to describe his plan, and the discussion (and tangential socializing) begins...

The Planning Stage will end roughly 72 hours from now, or when the organizer has decided the stage should go to a vote.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Down with the Evil Empire! Game Begins! Week 1, Day 1
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 09:42:54 pm »

"Alrighty kiddos... We gotta make sure we send out resistance members on this crucial mission. So I have a few questions for you before I even begin to assemble a team."

@Tiruin: If you were a spy who would you want on your team?

@Deathsword: If you could be certain of one person's role who would you choose to know about and why?

@Dariush: You seem to dislike the Bm-less Speghetti despite the fact that he is a staple food-source. Do you automatically discount him as scum or do you simply see him as a bumbling accident waiting to happen?

@Captain Ford: You've seem to have done well in every game I've seen you in. Who do you think would be the most detrimental spy team out there? What colour suits would they wear?

@Leafsnail: Who are you most cautious about?

@notquitethere: Than where are you? More specifically how would you answer the question I asked Leafsnail?

@spaghetti: Dariush seemed to give you a hard time earlier. Do you think he was just being his regular charming self or do you think he was trying to psych you out?

@Toaster: I haven't seen you around... I don't really know what to ask. So please answer the question I asked Leafsnail: Who are you most catious about and why?

@Toony-Man: Fill in the blanks: "I would want to be ____ Because _____"

Just off the top of my head I'm catious about sending Dariush and Spaghetti. Dariush because he frightens me. Spaghetti because, as a newbie, I have no idea what reads he gives off.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 09:57:07 pm »

My face when I always get asked that question: õ_ô

To answer your second question, the thing I'm most cautious about is caution itself.

To fight caution we must become caution.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »

... What does that even mean?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 10:08:03 pm »

Down with the Empire, those evil bastards!

Nerjin:  I'm most cautious about the unknowns and unfamiliars.  That'd be Spaghetti and you chiefly.  Leaf's someone I have trouble reading as well.

Leaf:  Mission one, three people go out, and it's a success.  How much do you trust the three people that went on the mission?

Dariush:  Mission two, four people go out, and there are two sabotages.  Mission one was a success, and one of the three people on mission one went on mission two.  How do you gauge the four mission two people?

NQT:  Do you want to go on the first mission?

Tiruin:  If you were scum, which mission would you want to go on first?  (IE: Would you want to go on the first mission or wait till a later one?)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 10:21:57 pm »

Nerjin: That's exactly why you need me on your team: I was trained by a ninja cult in the black art of predicate logic.

Toaster: Of course: if I'm on the team and the mission is sabotaged then I'll know for certain one of the two co-rebels is a spy. However, I won't obstruct matters if I'm not on the first team as I trust in the wisdom of our cell leader until analysis of the facts proves him to be a collaborationist traitor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 10:25:50 pm »

That reminds me.

Glyph:  If someone's team is accepted, do they pick first next mission or does it move to the next person?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 10:29:46 pm »

It moves to the next person.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 10:55:55 pm »

@Captain Ford: You've seem to have done well in every game I've seen you in. Who do you think would be the most detrimental spy team out there? What colour suits would they wear?
That would be because I am a genius have ridiculous amounts of time on my hands.

Let's see ... Toaster, Tiruin, Toonyman and Leafsnail. From what I've read, all of them (save Toonyman) are quite good at not looking like scum. Toonyman has been here for a while, so he knows their meta as well as anyone. Basically, except for Dariush, there'd be no rebels who knew their meta very well, and Dariush is ... well ... Dariush.

And they would wear Turquoise suits.

To answer your second question, the thing I'm most cautious about is caution itself.

To fight caution we must become caution.
O_O

I have just moved one step closer to enlightenment.

notquitethere: If you were a spy, what would you have wanted to discuss in the meetup before game start?

Also, if you're always not quite there, does that mean you can never actually be anywhere? Or does it mean that you're always just a little bit off from where you're supposed to be? Or does it just mean that your car broke down? Do you need a lift?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 06:02:54 am »

If I had have been a spy I would advocate the following strategy: one of the spies should be the active spy and the rest sleeper agents: the active spy would try and disrupt every mission until caught, then activating the unknown sleeper agents for the final missions.

To answer your other questions: I'm somewhere, just not there; pretty much; I haven't learned to drive yet; yes please, pick me up at eight.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2013, 09:35:27 am »

Dariush are you going to try and be less angry and wrong this game?

@Leafsnail: Who are you most cautious about?
Toaster since he almost never gets lynched.

Please provide us with a preliminary team as soon as possible.

Leaf:  Mission one, three people go out, and it's a success.  How much do you trust the three people that went on the mission?
Not too much - the scum can probably afford to throw away one round for town-cred.  If mission two were a success following a mission 1 success I'd be inclined to trust the people on mission 2 though (being stuck in a "must win" situation would really hurt scum and they'd want to avoid it).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Down with the Evil Empire! (Signups: 8 / 5-10)
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2013, 09:47:47 am »

Just ignore Dariush. He's always angry about things that he's wrong about.
Which is precisely why I'm always calm and collected.

@Dariush: You seem to dislike the Bm-less Speghetti despite the fact that he is a staple food-source. Do you automatically discount him as scum or do you simply see him as a bumbling accident waiting to happen?
Yes on both counts. It's pretty obvious that only scum would try to join a game without playing a BM first.
Dariush because he frightens me.
But why?! I'm all fluffy and cuddly! Just like a fluffy and cuddly Shub-Niggurath.

Dariush:  Mission two, four people go out, and there are two sabotages.  Mission one was a success, and one of the three people on mission one went on mission two.  How do you gauge the four mission two people?
What do you mean, how do I gauge them? I know that among them is one person who is at least 66% likely to be scum and that whoever organized or approved of the team is either an idiot or scum, because there's really no sane reason to do so, since if the repeater is scum, then he basically handed the scumteam the victory.

PPE:
Dariush are you going to try and be less angry and wrong this game?
I am always perfectly calm and perfectly correct. Anybody who disagrees with this must be a FUCKING LIAR.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2013, 10:19:01 am »

As a note: The Current Team Leader can initiate a vote on his proposal at any time by name 3 players in red.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 10:42:07 am »

Nerjin
Dariush
Ford

Is who I'm thinking so far. Anyone have suggestions or reads on these people that would indicate I shouldn't take them?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 10:49:25 am »

@Deathsword: If you could be certain of one person's role who would you choose to know about and why?

Tiruin, since he is the player here which I have the most trouble reading.

I'll post questions later today, I am not feeling well right now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67