Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 127095 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 2, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2013, 11:53:18 am »

Dariush: That's hilarious because thats almost the same team Tiruin wanted to take.

I think the spy on the team is Tiruin himself.
Reason? On both, for that matter?

Why hilarious - what does that mean?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2013, 12:04:25 pm »

It seems you're not even trying to figure this out. Or perhaps you missed my explanation?
I opened the spoiler, saw that you quoted a shitty stuttering quote from Nerjin without mentioning any of the scummy shit he pulled off while engaging in horrendous amount of WIFOM regarding to spies voting on teams, closed it, chalked a -1 to you and scrolled down. Fuck you and fuck Nerjin.
Also, why aren't you suspicious of them? What's the reasoning behind that?
Because they didn't pull off any scummy shit so far. Considering that all three of them (barring ZU, maybe) are more or less newbies, 'not pulling off scummy shit' counts double.

Also, Dariush, your team proposal is one short the required number of participants for this mission.
Ah, crap. Forgot about that. Okay, I'm willing to stick Leafsnail onto the team too. This has less to do with the fact that he's townish in my eyes (because he's less so than the other people I proposed) and more with that I'm far more suspicious of Tiruin and, somewhere in the middle between them, of Toaster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2013, 12:21:29 pm »

So at least one of Tiruin or Leafsnail is a spy.  My read on Leaf is fairly town, so that means it's likely Tiruin in my eyes.

Tiruin: I lost track of time and missed my chance to vote.  I would have voted yes.

Toaster has been picked twice, and downvoted along with DS. Whether this is a status quo vote, or something involving being unsure whether his buddy would sabotage or not (hence giving a marking of 2 sabotages), it may be because of these and only these. He did not state any objection to Nerjin, whatsoever, but to his buddies.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  If it's not clear, let me state now that I have no intention for ever voting for a team Nerjin makes or is on.

Dariush:
My current picks would be NQT, Ford and ZU. They are basically the only ones left of whom I am not suspicious.

So... process of elimination?  I'm fairly distrustful of NQT and Ford, but ZU and Leafsnail are okay by me.  I'd like to hear an elaboration of your NQT and Ford reads.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2013, 12:27:02 pm »

So... process of elimination?  I'm fairly distrustful of NQT and Ford, but ZU and Leafsnail are okay by me.  I'd like to hear an elaboration of your NQT and Ford reads.
When taken by their actual deeds, null. However, in pretty much every game I've been in with either of them they tended to be flashing neon 'LYNCH ME' signs, so a change from that bumps my read up a notch. Now please explain why you are distrustful of them.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2013, 12:36:10 pm »

Tiruin- there's a 33% one of you's scum which is a higher chance than we'll get if another mission fails. Let's play safe and leave you all out for now. Pfp

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2013, 02:11:59 pm »

I added the bit about number of sabotages to the post. There was one.
That means that either Tiruin, Toaster, or Leafsnail is a spy.  Since the spies can't communicate with each other I doubt they would hope the other sabotages.  This also means the other two are most most likely town.

Why aren't you nominating yourself Dariush?  Aren't you town?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2013, 02:35:51 pm »

That means that either Tiruin, Toaster, or Leafsnail is a spy.  Since the spies can't communicate with each other I doubt they would hope the other sabotages.  This also means the other two are most most likely town.
Because obviously spies didn't have a day to discuss things beforehand and are too stupid to figure out a way to make sure only one sabotage happens in case more than one spy goes on a mission, right?
Lolwat. Unlike a certain fucktard named Tiruin and another certain fucktardical cretin named ToonyMan I prefer to adhere to the rules that help us find scum (because unlike the aforementioned fucktard and fucktardical cretin, I am actually interested in finding scum).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »

Because obviously spies didn't have a day to discuss things beforehand and are too stupid to figure out a way to make sure only one sabotage happens in case more than one spy goes on a mission, right?
I don't want to give them that much credit, but you're right that it's possible.  They would have to set a system up in their one day of talking at the start where depending on which composition go into the mission who would sabotage and who would laylow.

This isn't true if there's only one spy still.

Lolwat. Unlike a certain fucktard named Tiruin and another certain fucktardical cretin named ToonyMan I prefer to adhere to the rules that help us find scum (because unlike the aforementioned fucktard and fucktardical cretin, I am actually interested in finding scum).
What does this even mean?  Not choosing yourself is like going "I don't care about boosting our chances in succeeding the mission."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2013, 08:53:56 pm »

I guess Tiruin is scum afterall, especially now he's defending Nerjin.  Ballsier than I expected to put himself on the team.

My current picks would be NQT, Ford and ZU. They are basically the only ones left of whom I am not suspicious.
Ah, crap. Forgot about that. Okay, I'm willing to stick Leafsnail onto the team too. This has less to do with the fact that he's townish in my eyes (because he's less so than the other people I proposed) and more with that I'm far more suspicious of Tiruin and, somewhere in the middle between them, of Toaster.
I'm flattered but I don't think this is a very good team.  It has NQT and Ford on it, and I'm pretty sure one of them is the third spy.

I'd suggest you and Toony to replace them.  You're getting really angry at Toony for no reason but I don't see how you can actually read him scum when you look at his interactions with Nerjin.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2013, 08:55:51 pm »

Perhaps, Leafsnail, because he is a word-twisting jack-ass for no real reason. Fishing for flavor over actually looking for scum. Basically because he blows a lot of hot air.

PFP
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2013, 09:38:33 pm »

Just a heads up: at this stage, I will downvote any team that has Tiruin, Leafsnail or Toaster on it unless anyone can give me a compelling counterargument. Each of them has a 33-100% percent chance to be a spy. Everyone else has a 0-33% chance to be a spy. There's no good reason at this stage to include any of them in the next team.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2013, 09:39:15 pm »

Mind sharing how you got that last number?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2013, 09:43:35 pm »

Just a heads up: at this stage, I will downvote any team that has Tiruin, Leafsnail or Toaster on it unless anyone can give me a compelling counterargument. Each of them has a 33-100% percent chance to be a spy. Everyone else has a 0-33% chance to be a spy. There's no good reason at this stage to include any of them in the next team.
This is wrong.
One of Tiruin, Leafsnail, and Toaster is a spy. There is a 1/3 chance any one of them is the spy.
There are 2 out of the remaining 6 of us. Thus there is a 2/6=1/3 chance any one of the rest is a spy.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2013, 09:45:48 pm »

This is wrong.
One of Tiruin, Leafsnail, and Toaster is a spy. There is a 1/3 chance any one of them is the spy.
There are 2 out of the remaining 6 of us. Thus there is a 2/6=1/3 chance any one of the rest is a spy.

The bolded part is incorrect. One of the three is a spy who sabatoged. They may all be spies, doubtful but it is a possibility we'd be foolish to overlook. The only question is: Is that plausible? No, I think not. But we should not rule it out.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2013, 10:30:33 pm »

Sure Nerjin: best case scenario, Tiruin, Leafsnail and Toaster are all spies (100%), and the remaining 6 of us are 0% spy. Worst case scenario, only one of them is a spy, leaving two spies among the remaining six of us, or 33%. Mathematically, there's a higher range of possible spies among Tiruin, Leafsnail and Toaster than the rest of. Thus, we should exclude them from the next mission. The chances will obviously change when we get the results of the next mission, but right now it would be downright idiotic to put forward any of those three.

Dariush, I can understand your reticence but after reading through the various arguments, I think we should allow self-selection: spies can always put other spies on the team. The only thing non-spies can be sure of is that they're not a spy. Not allowing self-selection removes one of the few weapons in the true revolutionary's arsenal. Am I wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67