Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Bay12 Fortress FUMBBL League Thread  (Read 12463 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: The Bay12 Fortress FUMBBL League Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 04:13:53 pm »

Bump.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 06:32:18 pm »

I'm semi-unfamilar with the Bloodbowl software, so I'd be interested in running a game so that I know how to run it smoother when playing with perhaps less cooperative players.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2013, 06:09:17 am »

Here's what you need to do:

1) Go on to the FUMBBL website.
2) Find the Gamefinder link and click it.
3) Select the league team.
4) Wait for an opponent
5) Click the tick.
6) Select "Play" or whatever the valid option is.
7) Play.

Left click opens the action menu on the clicked on character.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2013, 03:02:13 pm »

How long does it take normally until he finds an opponent? I've been searching for 10+ minutes and he still doesn't find any.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 03:38:21 pm »

You're playing with league team right? There are more players playing random games if you play with Ranked team.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2013, 05:04:27 pm »

I've been offline for a bit, if that was directed at me.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »

If you still want to run a game, I'll be in the gamefinder for a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 07:23:54 pm »

And EuchreJack's Chaos Team, Fortress Friends, is off to a rocky start.  They end their first game with no skill promotions, a wounded minotaur, and enough money to purchase, well, nothing.

Having to replace my Minotaur with a beastman journeyman pretty much guarantees the next game will be a loss.  So who wants it?  I'd like to share this likely win with my friends in B12.

No hard feelings Chosrau, congrats on your win, but I'd ask that we give this easier game to someone else.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 10:13:12 pm »

Having to replace my Minotaur with a beastman journeyman pretty much guarantees the next game will be a loss.  So who wants it?  I'd like to share this likely win with my friends in B12.
Hardly -- there's no one on your team so critical that you cannot play without. Especially at such a low TV. Be optimistic, maybe he was going to fail all his WA rolls and get lots of skull/pows that game.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:36 pm »

Hardly -- there's no one on your team so critical that you cannot play without. Especially at such a low TV. Be optimistic, maybe he was going to fail all his WA rolls and get lots of skull/pows that game.
You've got a point, it's not like the Minotaur was terribly useful in my first game, lol.  I've learned a fun fact about Wild Animal: If you fall down, you either need to blitz, or you've only got half a chance of getting back up.  So they're not the most reliable walls.

I'd still like to give first-pick of this team's next match to fellow league members, although I might go outside the league if nobody expresses interest.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:22 pm »

Minotaurs are bluh bluh bluh.  Beast of Nurgle is the best big guy period.  Nobody fucks with beast of Nurgle, and it's out of the ordinary for one to go a whole game against non-dwarves without killing somebody.

But enough gushing about Nurgle, Kanil's right.  Beastmen aren't that bad, though the journeyman part sucks.  I usually start chaos teams all Beastmen.  They're not great at anything, but they're not terrible at anything either and a homogenous lineup means there's no targets and I can build the team however I like, from claw/mb/po bullshit murderdudes to adequate ballhandlers.

Anyway, here's my team if it's not too late.  I forgot.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:57:05 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 01:04:30 am »

It's nice to see a new ballhandling team, even if it is one of those dreaded leaf eaters (just kidding, I've got a Wood Elf team that I'm fiddling with).  Our league was looking a bit bash-heavy.

Though I'm surprised you're not going Nurgle, Chaos or Chaos lookalike, or Skaven.  Aren't you going to miss mutation fun?  :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 01:10:21 am »

Nah.  I'm not quite crazy enough for Skaven, I've played too much Nurgle, and honestly Chaos is a little too far in the murderdude zone for me.  That can be fun, but the best case scenario is you do really well and then nobody wants to play against you because you'll kill their guys.
Shoes...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 08:15:09 am »

Nah.  I'm not quite crazy enough for Skaven, I've played too much Nurgle, and honestly Chaos is a little too far in the murderdude zone for me.  That can be fun, but the best case scenario is you do really well and then nobody wants to play against you because you'll kill their guys.
I've been playing Chaos in the Bay12 BB League, and while they have access to the dreaded Claw, it's really only useful in bash-heavy leagues. So, in my experience, it's the bashers who are most afraid of playing Chaos, because suddenly, they can be hurt! :-)

Of course, in its early seasons, my Chaos team was lead by a team of extra-armed beastman, one of whom got extra AGL, and one of whom got extra STR. They became a two-man scoring nightmare, despite their slow speed.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 09:53:55 am »

I have no idea what this is, but I think I made a team.

Name: Dutchling
Team: Skavengernomicon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5