Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Bay12 Fortress FUMBBL League Thread  (Read 12455 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Fortress FUMBBL League Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 12:54:00 pm »

Having to replace my Minotaur with a beastman journeyman pretty much guarantees the next game will be a loss.  So who wants it?  I'd like to share this likely win with my friends in B12.
Hardly -- there's no one on your team so critical that you cannot play without. Especially at such a low TV. Be optimistic, maybe he was going to fail all his WA rolls and get lots of skull/pows that game.
You've got a point, it's not like the Minotaur was terribly useful in my first game, lol.  I've learned a fun fact about Wild Animal: If you fall down, you either need to blitz, or you've only got half a chance of getting back up.  So they're not the most reliable walls.

I'd still like to give first-pick of this team's next match to fellow league members, although I might go outside the league if nobody expresses interest.

I will mention that when I started playing in the Bay12 BB League, my Humans lost their Ogre in the first game but won the second game. Granted, I had better than a million GP in Inducements, but still.

Anywho, PTW

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 06:26:08 am »

Well, assuming everyone takes their invites, we'll have 13 players. Yaaaaaay.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 12:13:59 pm »

Coach: Azkul
Team: Fishy Fingers

I have no idea what I'm doing  :(
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 04:02:31 pm »

I think this is the ruleset they're using

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 08:03:25 am »

Sent the invite anyway. Perhaps once you accept it we could have a Tournament? I think there's an option that lets us have 2 sets of 7 teams, so it would be an impromptu round robin.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »

Note that Werty892 needs to remake his team from scratch.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2013, 05:23:43 am »

...Huh. How the hell do you spend 1000k on 4 players...? Oh, rerolls and shit. Yeah, Werty, you need a new team. Removing the current one.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2013, 11:21:43 pm »

Bump so that either Werty notices that he needs to remake his team or so that someone else decides to join in his place.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2013, 05:45:35 am »

Is there more to this game than creating a team? I'm kind confuzzled here.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 06:22:51 am »

Well,

Just wanted to commend ExKirby at becoming the closest to actually getting a FUMBBL league started in Bay12 history. It still hasn't happened yet, and at the current rate we're going at (no movement whatsoever in over a week,) I'm not holding my breath for it to ever to do so, but... with that said, consider this to be another bump to the thread, in the hopes that it doesn't die.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 10:17:33 pm »

Heck with it, more Blood Bowl is better.

My username is monk12, and Monk's Megalosaurs are my Lizardmen. I've never used FUMBBL, but hey, first time for everything, right?

For all the rookies out there, this site helped me out a great deal when I was first playing, in particular the articles on player development.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2013, 06:29:44 pm »

Yeah, I've already got that site bookmarked, it's great!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 05:12:01 pm »

As a content-bump, I'll discuss what I've been doing since this group started:
1) I finally pitted my league team against someone outside of our league, and tied!  Everyone that said the minotaur wasn't necessary was right, of course.  I managed to get two Chaos Warriors to learn block, and the Minotaur is back on the pitch.
2) I've also entered two tournaments with other teams, one stunty and one blackbox.

I also had an idea for a format: Empires at war.  Essentially, all the teams are divided up into two or more empires.  Each round, either the empires go to war with one another, or they try to determine the emperor.  While going to war with one another, the opposing emperors chose who faces who (they essentially determine the matchups for the tournament and the win conditions for either empire).  While trying to determine the emperor, the teams fight in a single-elimination knockout tournament within their empire until somebody wins.

When two emperors can't decide on the rules for a tournament between themselves (or can't even agree on which empires should fight one another), a new emperor will be determined for the indecisive empires.  When all empires have emperors, the existing emperors can determine a new way for the empires to determine an emperor.

If the above is confusing, the terms "king" and "kingdom" can be alternated, or whatever ruler-territory terms sound best.  Preferably the players in a territory would determine it's name, and the first ruler would name their ruling title.

For added fun, I also thought that some wars could lead to player transfers.  For instance Empire 1 and Empire 2 go to war, afterwards a random non-emperor team is transfered from the losing empire to the winning empire.

Just a few interesting ideas for leagues/tournaments that I haven't seen yet.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2013, 07:20:51 am »

...So I let this die =P

There is a good reason though: Mock exams. Apparently, they are really important. Either way, I've got through the thick of them now, so I can start paying more attention to the internet now. So yeah, back in business. Anyone for a match at some point?

Also, I'm fairly sure Empires at War is too complex for FUMBBL =P

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 11:33:30 am »

Coach: Pnx
Team: Grimdark Warriors

I'm interested in trying this out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5