Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: You are (apparently?) a dark lord!  (Read 5041 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: You are (not) an adventurer!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 11:56:53 am »

"So... I'm hearing: Sell the swords for a new trophy rack type thing. Got it!" Well, at least he's obedient. Even if he did mutter something about weapons being for losers on the way to... Oh, what's this now? The moment he entered the town shop, you got linked into Magenet(TM): Your first and only stop for all your quest-related needs! Gah, and it comes with a pile of magic popups! Well, whatever, once you've got that cleared out (apart from the talking hat that apparently serves as your assistant for this thing?) this Magenet thing actually looks pretty useful.

"Welcome to Magenet! I see that this is your first time using our service! Would you like to: Request a Quest? Hire a mage? Become a dark lord? Register as a hero? Or check your MageBucks account?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 12:04:23 pm »

Hit on the shop keep. And I don't mean flirting. Claim this shop in the name of all things made of love.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

Hit on the talking hat.
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »

Hit on the talking hat.
...Just to be sure: You do realize you're suggesting hitting on a parody of Clippit, right?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 02:14:10 pm »

Hit on the talking hat.
...Just to be sure: You do realize you're suggesting hitting on a parody of Clippit, right?
Yes we are.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 03:58:00 pm »

Become a dark lord.
We're a wisdom amulet, we can corrupt the mind of this idiot of an adventurer to serve us.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 04:02:23 pm »

Become a dark lord.
We're a wisdom amulet, we can corrupt the mind of this idiot of an adventurer to serve us.

+1
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 04:53:42 pm »

Hit on the talking hat.
I whole heartedly support this, if only just to mess with the GM.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 05:50:44 pm »

Your point?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 05:55:31 pm »

You make several exceedingly cliche advances on the magical assistant, prompting an almost immediate response: "It seems you're trying to flirt with a partially-sentient spell! Would you like to: Contact a psychiatrist? Purchase the sensation of drunkenness? Have me nod and pretend to be impressed?"

The selection of the 'become a dark lord' option goes much more smoothly: You are instantly presented with a selection of currently unoccupied dungeons, volcanos, and abandoned towers in need of someone to staff them with monsters and plot evilly within. There is one slight snag though: They all cost MageBucks(TM), and while you can earn a salary providing quests for adventurers (And 100% of the belongings of any who fail to stop your plots) you don't appear to have the capital required to begin.

A quick search through the help menus tells you two more things: First, the talking hat it uselessly slow. And second, 'MageBucks' are actually some form of raw magic used as currency by wizards and sentient magic items like yourself. Meaning to get any, you'll need to either find a natural wellspring of magic, or disenchant some junk.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 06:08:59 pm »

Let's disenchant some junk!
Tell the adventurer to disenchant 2 of the swords for now, along with the compass.
How does that work for getting us started?
EDIT: Disenchant the gauntlet too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:18:56 pm by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 06:11:41 pm »

You make several exceedingly cliche advances on the magical assistant, prompting an almost immediate response: "It seems you're trying to flirt with a partially-sentient spell! Would you like to: Contact a psychiatrist? Purchase the sensation of drunkenness? Have me nod and pretend to be impressed?"
Contact a psychiatrist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 06:16:03 pm »

Have me nod and pretend to be impressed?"
Just like real life!
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 06:16:52 pm »

Disenchant the adventurer for some MageBucks.

Failing that, disenchant the compass and the gauntlet; they're probably going to end up being useless.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 06:25:14 pm »

I'd rather keep the compass just in case but yeah, disenchant away.

Edit: You're probably right about the compass not really useful in game, but in real life I have a paranoia about getting lost which is undoubtedly transferring over into this game for me.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:27:02 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5