Poll

Should unit switching be allowed? [4/7 needed to pass.]

Yes.
- 3 (42.9%)
No.
- 4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Lords of Centria: Fantasy Tactical Warfare [V.3.6] [Turn 5]  (Read 22041 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Centria: Fantasy Tactical Warfare [V.3.5] [Sign-ups]
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 10:30:34 am »

Yep. Like I've said before that one was randomly generated. Entirely. This one should be a bit more free movement.

Also I'm thinking of having "Pit" spaces kill you if you are pushed on them. Every unit would then gain a "Push" skill which forcibly moves back an enemy. Then, of course, each unit would gain a "Resistance" skill. Not sure how that would work out but it would likely make it easier or harder to push someone depending on if your resist is higher than theirs. Likewise it would give resists to certain abiliities. It's not gonna be in this game [if any] but I just figured I'd ask y'all since I feel pits could be used to an interesting degree in later games.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 03:22:37 pm »

You aren't waiting on me......
I sent in my stuff, I'll send it again if you need....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 04:05:44 pm »

Also I'm thinking of having "Pit" spaces kill you if you are pushed on them. Every unit would then gain a "Push" skill which forcibly moves back an enemy. Then, of course, each unit would gain a "Resistance" skill. Not sure how that would work out but it would likely make it easier or harder to push someone depending on if your resist is higher than theirs. Likewise it would give resists to certain abiliities. It's not gonna be in this game [if any] but I just figured I'd ask y'all since I feel pits could be used to an interesting degree in later games.
I'd call that Resistance stat "Weight" or "Stability" or something, but sounds cool.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 04:36:20 pm »

Hm, with the wieght thing maybe I could combine the Large Unit, Small unit, etc. stats AND deal with pushing.

Small units weigh .5, Regular units weigh 1, large units weigh 2, giant units weigh 4. Your team has a weight limit instead of a unit limit.

With regards to pushing a unit who wants to push a unit rolls a D6. If: [[D6 + W - E >/=  3 - 5 - 7]] Then they are pushed back 1 [3-4] 2 [5-6] or 3 [7+]. W = Weight of pushing unit while E = Weight of Enemy unit.

So Warrior rolls 3 on a push against a Troll. [[3]+ 1 - 2 = 2: Failed] so the warrior doesn't push the troll at all and loses the roll. But if they had made the roll on another warrior [[3]+ 1 - 1 = 3] so he can push the enemy warrior 1 space.

I dunno it's a rudementery idea so I'm willing to hear all of your ideas on this.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 05:00:29 pm »

Except that would close you off from making small but powerful units in the future, something like a archmage or a demigod or whathave you.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the game does not actually have any random elements in it other then what a doppelganger turns into and traps. I would definitely suggest you take a long hard look at if you want to increase random factor.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:05 pm »

Hm, with the wieght thing maybe I could combine the Large Unit, Small unit, etc. stats AND deal with pushing.

Small units weigh .5, Regular units weigh 1, large units weigh 2, giant units weigh 4. Your team has a weight limit instead of a unit limit.

With regards to pushing a unit who wants to push a unit rolls a D6. If: [[D6 + W - E >/=  3 - 5 - 7]] Then they are pushed back 1 [3-4] 2 [5-6] or 3 [7+]. W = Weight of pushing unit while E = Weight of Enemy unit.

So Warrior rolls 3 on a push against a Troll. [[3]+ 1 - 2 = 2: Failed] so the warrior doesn't push the troll at all and loses the roll. But if they had made the roll on another warrior [[3]+ 1 - 1 = 3] so he can push the enemy warrior 1 space.

I dunno it's a rudementery idea so I'm willing to hear all of your ideas on this.
Knights and other strong, heavily-armored units should get a bonus to Weight for the purposes of knockback.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 05:05:10 pm »

Warrior's shieldbash has a random chance to deal damage. Like I said I'm still not even sure about "push" being a thing. I'm just throwing out ideas at this point.

Though... Your "Small but powerful" thing does bring up something I want to run by every. "Heroes". I'd like to have each unit have a "Hero" variety that is more powerful and doesn't count towards total unit limit [or weight limit if that happens in the future]. I've no idea how they'd work and what their weaknesses would be but I just figured I'd throw it out there as an idea.

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 05:12:12 pm »

I like Pushing, but I've got two questions:

Would pushing a unit onto Rough/Difficult terrain require a result of 5 or more?

Could a unit push while Stealthed?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 05:25:34 pm »

Warrior's shieldbash has a random chance to deal damage.

That is true. But, I am still against it being random. As a potential instant kill ability, it might be a bad idea to give it to everyone, especially if it is random.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2013, 05:31:43 pm »

I like Pushing, but I've got two questions:

Would pushing a unit onto Rough/Difficult terrain require a result of 5 or more?

Could a unit push while Stealthed?

1. No.

2. No. I'm treating "Push" as an attack action.

Warrior's shieldbash has a random chance to deal damage.

That is true. But, I am still against it being random. As a potential instant kill ability, it might be a bad idea to give it to everyone, especially if it is random.

Against shield bash? With push... Perhaps a few larger units should be the only ones to possess it. It bears some thought I suppose.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 09:49:52 pm »

Version 3.6 already has some changes.

Ogre's now have the "Shove" ability which allows them to move an enemy unit 1 square in any direction. Moving them into pits kills them.

Small unit, Large unit, and Gargantuan Unit are no longer abilities.

There is no longer any limit on arcane/ranged units per team.

Units now cost a certain amount of points. Each game mode has been changed to reflect this change.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 09:59:12 pm »

Version 3.6 already has some changes.

Ogre's now have the "Shove" ability which allows them to move an enemy unit 1 square in any direction. Moving them into pits kills them.

Small unit, Large unit, and Gargantuan Unit are no longer abilities.

There is no longer any limit on arcane/ranged units per team.

Units now cost a certain amount of points. Each game mode has been changed to reflect this change.
We're still playing on 3.5?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 10:00:44 pm »

In every version I forget to do this: No changes will be made to the 3.5 ruleset. We will be using the 3.5 rule-set for this game. All changes take place during the next game!

Of note though: Would anyone be interested in running the 3.6 rules? I'd like to get a go in before we reach 4.0

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 10:01:53 pm »

In every version I forget to do this: No changes will be made to the 3.5 ruleset. We will be using the 3.5 rule-set for this game. All changes take place during the next game!

Of note though: Would anyone be interested in running the 3.6 rules? I'd like to get a go in before we reach 4.0
I would be fine with it if we got a chance to repick our army makup.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 10:02:15 pm »

I wouldn't mind I'll keep playing as long as it's fun. :3
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27