Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47718 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #660 on: November 03, 2013, 10:11:11 am »

Blood = Fun!

We still miss a deity here in the north. Now lemme think, there was a god who I dimly remember would fit the bill...something like Amik, or Ammak, or Armak....can't for my life remember but I am sure I'll have it soon....

Sounds like quite the fun conclusion to the conflict and a good way of uniting Bay12ers. I'm hoping Bralissi can join in peacefully and then we can focus on expanding outwards.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 04, 2013, 10:44:55 pm »

Btw, calling me a pompous ass on the M&F forums, dennis? Hey, screw you, too, buddy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:28:18 am by Gervassen »
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 04, 2013, 11:56:00 pm »

Btw, calling me a pompous ass on the M&F forums, dennis? Hey, screw you, too, buddy.

I am pretty sure I said pretentious ;) and to be fair I said "you are sounding like" not that you ~are~
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:59:20 pm by dennislp3 »

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 05, 2013, 12:40:16 am »

I'm pretty sure I didn't say you were wrong. Still, screw you. ;)

It's true that I didn't know anything about Levenshtein distance until today, but I can easily see that it is too restrictive at guarding realm names. Not that I really care. I don't have a realm. I was thinking about making a "Kingdom of Cyan" with a map colour of cyan, though...
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 05, 2013, 12:47:30 am »

I'm pretty sure I didn't say you were wrong. Still, screw you. ;)

It's true that I didn't know anything about Levenshtein distance until today, but I can easily see that it is too restrictive at guarding realm names. Not that I really care. I don't have a realm. I was thinking about making a "Kingdom of Cyan" with a map colour of cyan, though...

Cause that wouldn't be obnoxious to look at lol

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 05, 2013, 09:16:02 pm »

I have some rather tedious and intensive stuff happening atm irl so instead of doing this in some sort of sane manner I'll just dump the 4 extra keys here:

1ho41n57bh6so48s0w
1aedp72qshlw0gw40s
2yc2zupw74w0s40ww
1d5hh4ywi4pwwggkk4

I understand that this involves someone getting mildly disappointed about the keys being used so I do apologize in advance.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:18:24 pm by Mookzen »

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 09, 2013, 07:50:32 pm »

Bump !

m0nster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 10, 2013, 10:13:54 am »

Thanks for the keys Mookzen!
I was surprised to see that they aren't gone yet. :)
(I took 1d5hh4ywi4pwwggkk4.)

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 10, 2013, 10:29:18 am »

Quote from: Mookzen
1ho41n57bh6so48s0w
1aedp72qshlw0gw40s
2yc2zupw74w0s40ww
1d5hh4ywi4pwwggkk4

Took that 2nd one. Thanks!

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 15, 2013, 01:46:07 pm »

12 hours left for the campaign ! Hope there's a funding push before it ends, Tom ought to get funding to build upon this already solid foundation he has.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 16, 2013, 06:28:06 am »

Well, it raised 6500€ with 100 funders. I'm kinda sad that it didn't go higher, but well. There's a surprising amout of high pledges though. I'm hoping that Tom will be able to do more awesome stuff once it gets running and there's income.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 16, 2013, 12:43:55 pm »

It seems that almost everyone who played the game donated generously, the funding went up and then pretty much stopped. Basically the campaign had no reach and/or the concept was either unappealing to the general gamer populace or too hard to understand how the idea translates into a game. In any case, we can hope for a small but dedicated community that grows over time.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:00:24 pm by Mookzen »

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 16, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »

The fact that it was indiegogo, and that the game will be by subscription didn't help the crowdfunding I think. I do hope that the released game will attract more people though.
Anyway, I won't be part of the guided start, I didn't donated that much.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 16, 2013, 11:17:58 pm »

The guided start sounds a little boring anyway.

I'm concerned that the lack of a free trial will discourage the already small community from growing. The saving grace about BattleMaster--no matter how atrocious the UI may be, or how slow the gameplay--it always had a steady trickle of people trying it for free. If only 5% stayed long-term, that was still a healthy gain over time. Tom seems particularly testy about any attempt to mention free trials in M&F, though.

The Indiegogo campaign was a misfire. Most of the game is managing lands, and best when you have several settlements; but I only see old alpha and BM vets with lands, so newcomers were largely shunted into landless knight roles, which are not very fleshed out. If the whole map had been devoted to the alpha test, and if people could register freely without keys just once for this test, perhaps there would have been more traction. It is impossible that the only people interested in this game just happen to already be those already playing--and willing to pay big. It has to be a failure to reach out more.

Also, the words "... in BM we ..." should be banned if newcomers want to feel like they don't need to research old games before they can play M&F.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

VisionShift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 17, 2013, 09:14:40 pm »

I have some rather tedious and intensive stuff happening atm irl so instead of doing this in some sort of sane manner I'll just dump the 4 extra keys here:

1ho41n57bh6so48s0w
1aedp72qshlw0gw40s
2yc2zupw74w0s40ww
1d5hh4ywi4pwwggkk4

I understand that this involves someone getting mildly disappointed about the keys being used so I do apologize in advance.

The remaining two don't work.  Looks like an interesting game.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47