Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47730 times)

TanSerrai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #645 on: November 01, 2013, 08:11:01 am »

@Gervassen:
Actually Sakkan would have _liked_ to hand out a settlement as a fief. Attacking him will provide a different answer though   ;)  In addition, its not about an 'impoverished third rate fief'...further south, another of my characters has given troops to a vassal who was able to double his holdings from 2 to 4 due to that - and that vassal is in the process of gaining more and better troops for further conquests right now.

Note that this is not a game of 'every one carves himself an empire' but of cooperation....so lets see how this turns out. To arms, ye MacBastards!

PS: this game already has me _quite_ indignant about losing one of my settlements....grin. I love it.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 01, 2013, 09:53:53 am »

one day in game when it says for buildings, traveling etc. is one turn(4 real hours)?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 01, 2013, 09:58:31 am »

6 hours afaik, but they don't always run on time.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 01, 2013, 10:06:32 am »

ah right

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 01, 2013, 10:56:50 am »

I'm starting to think that all us northern folks should unite under a collective banner. North Star, Bralissi, and the other independents banded together would be quite the regional force in the area!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 01, 2013, 12:37:11 pm »

The North seems to be the biggest realm in, well, the north (Oxbow Burn). Mercia is big too, but it's a bit too much east for me. Though, the map can sometimes be deceiving. Minas Thalion is about 5 villages I think. I'm the Northmanni, with 4 villages currently.
And there's a bit too much d'Serrai around here, they're cutting my fief into 2  :-\

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 01, 2013, 01:05:48 pm »

There will be much shedding of d'Serrai blood today, especially if Ank and Knave can come up to relieve me in Thybewell in time for the battle. Either way, I salute you on the eve of such a murderous blood-letting between our two clans.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 01, 2013, 02:27:24 pm »

Nah, Torium has to go...

As long a we have a dorfen emperor I am fine with letting others join the realm, but one dorf to rule them all!

EDIT: wait, why are we fighting each other? Let's unite against "The north"!

DORFS COMBINE!
*power rangers sounds*
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:29:33 pm by ank »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 01, 2013, 02:28:08 pm »

And in the darkness mine them.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 02, 2013, 03:10:32 am »

I doubt dorfs can combine together when Knave tells me that he "overshot" while travelling to his capital several times and couldn't pick up troops in time to aid an ally in a series of three battles that he knew would be coming. There isn't enough trust now for teamwork. Bralissi may be big, but its heart is a pink marshmallow. I have no need for the soft ways of the Bralissi.

Stay south, O Cortobel, there is nothing for you in the North but death. There are no silks and perfumes, no warm breezes and rose petals, no little boys with soft skin to caress. In the South, falsetto-voiced men whisper intrigues and love poems, and in the North, rough-voiced men shout the truth: that Cortobel of the Bralissi has no heart, flinches from battle, and takes the woman's part in his commerce with other men. A pox on house Cortobel.

I had thought to serve Cortobel as a vassal, but I renounce any such intention. A house should not be built on sand; a mighty empire should not be built on unsteady military support.

Yet behold! Here is mighty Sakkai d'Serrai! Holds up a hideous severed head. I have defeated the d'Serrai foe on this chosen ground, and lay claim to his cities and his women.

The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 02, 2013, 09:23:21 am »

And so the war weirdly ends with McBastard and me swearing fealty to d'Serrai.

How come I always end up being the diplomatic guy that just wants peace?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 02, 2013, 10:10:46 am »

I doubt dorfs can combine together when Knave tells me that he "overshot" while travelling to his capital several times and couldn't pick up troops in time to aid an ally in a series of three battles that he knew would be coming. There isn't enough trust now for teamwork. Bralissi may be big, but its heart is a pink marshmallow. I have no need for the soft ways of the Bralissi.

Stay south, O Cortobel, there is nothing for you in the North but death. There are no silks and perfumes, no warm breezes and rose petals, no little boys with soft skin to caress. In the South, falsetto-voiced men whisper intrigues and love poems, and in the North, rough-voiced men shout the truth: that Cortobel of the Bralissi has no heart, flinches from battle, and takes the woman's part in his commerce with other men. A pox on house Cortobel.

I had thought to serve Cortobel as a vassal, but I renounce any such intention. A house should not be built on sand; a mighty empire should not be built on unsteady military support.

Yet behold! Here is mighty Sakkai d'Serrai! Holds up a hideous severed head. I have defeated the d'Serrai foe on this chosen ground, and lay claim to his cities and his women.

Woah dude, that was pretty epic :)

TanSerrai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 02, 2013, 05:50:22 pm »

Even though this is quite a bit outdated by events....considering the relatively small scale of area and nobles involved still I think what did happen today is pretty epic:

Sharrun d'Serrai steps towards Guilenn MacBastard and motions two of his men forward. They carry a corpse on a shield which they lay gently at Guilennes feet - who recognizes his brothers dead face. With a bloody grin Sharrun states: 'Thus I avenge my father. Both he and your brother died as warriors should: blade in hand, facing their enemy. Now that I have inherited my fathers countship, what will it be?'

Guilenne thoughtfully considers for a while - then makes a surprising suggestion.

This bloody day yet holds a host of surprises for both sides. The north however, will face change....by steel.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 03, 2013, 05:33:24 am »

You have alot of fun on the north, there's too much carebears on the south.

TanSerrai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 03, 2013, 07:21:04 am »

Blood = Fun!

We still miss a deity here in the north. Now lemme think, there was a god who I dimly remember would fit the bill...something like Amik, or Ammak, or Armak....can't for my life remember but I am sure I'll have it soon....
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47