Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47728 times)

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #630 on: October 30, 2013, 05:13:37 am »

I was about to join the game, but that game board is looking a bit claustrophobic.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 30, 2013, 06:53:10 am »

I would actually only say about ~40% of the map is actually taken up and being used actually...there is still the whole east end of the map that is pretty much untouched due to the way spawning works.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 30, 2013, 07:12:58 am »

Can't travel past the allowed area by in-game movement either. Once you hit a province where you can't spawn, you also can't pass over its borders. Those lands are completely off-limits for now.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 30, 2013, 08:49:25 am »

really? thats lame

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 30, 2013, 09:04:14 am »

It's probably to stop the people who start the game earlier having a massive advantage by picking all the choosiest spots. ^_^

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 30, 2013, 10:32:15 am »

Brain-dead game mechanic then.

From where I'm sitting, people who started earlier already do have a massive advantage, as in 10 grasslands to my nothing-worth-mentioning. Not their fault, though, since 10 grasslands is a reasonable portion for one player. The real problem is why would you stop people from colonising the world and stuff them in a sardine can where you have to be the first dozen players to get a reasonable chunk of land.

Repeat, other players grabbing 10 grasslands is reasonable. That's a fun level of involvement. Glass walls prevent me doing the same are not reasonable. Watching other players playing in a sardine can, after paying 49€ is not reasonable.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 30, 2013, 12:58:20 pm »

Brain-dead game mechanic then.

From where I'm sitting, people who started earlier already do have a massive advantage, as in 10 grasslands to my nothing-worth-mentioning. Not their fault, though, since 10 grasslands is a reasonable portion for one player. The real problem is why would you stop people from colonising the world and stuff them in a sardine can where you have to be the first dozen players to get a reasonable chunk of land.

Repeat, other players grabbing 10 grasslands is reasonable. That's a fun level of involvement. Glass walls prevent me doing the same are not reasonable. Watching other players playing in a sardine can, after paying 49€ is not reasonable.
The beginning is pretty much just a landgrab.  It does not have inherent logistical problems that need to be overcome, like in Dwilight from Battlemaster. 

You show up, the region is already populated and waiting for some fancy noble to step up and say: "You all now serve me."  And they will do so, without question.  They are also very willing to die from starvation to fulfill your orders.

While in Dwilight, you have to come in with troops and start a takeover, in what may be a hostile area, plagued by monsters and undead.  Alongside that, you have to contend with starvation if the region is starving.  All the while, the population will take some convincing before they join you.  Then, after taking over, they still need to be fed and protected from random monsters/undead... and their numbers/capacity are not at full, so you gotta wait for em to spawn more people.

... I'm gonna go and suggest this.  Make it so everyone starts under one realm, where they grab troops as knights... then they all organize/split up to colonize the rest of the continent.
It would make it more fun in my opinion and allow people to form up/communicate early on.  A different kind of landrush... one that is cooperative instead of the first single player taking 10 provinces within an area without any effort or preparation.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 30, 2013, 01:43:49 pm »

theres a char limit so single player cant grab more than 4 or 5 lands at the start, second it takes time to take over settlement and some other dudes can take it before you or take it from you if you have no troops, and what kind of no passable lands you talking about? didnt notice any, lands on the far east or what?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 30, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »

Lands that are not set as spawn are currently all disabled.

TanSerrai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 31, 2013, 04:33:58 am »

Personally I would prefer that during the initial phase character creation is slowed. You start with one character, then can create another every 3 days or so. This way noone would be able to take AND hold 10 settlements in the beginning.

Note that I think 10 settlements would need a major investment of time once diplomacy and warfare become more intensive - too much time for me. I think I'd be happy with 2-5 settlements...

Also note - again - that this is an alpha. The beginning of the main game will be a lot more structured. Tom has said umpteen times that there will be no simple landgrab at the very beginning.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 31, 2013, 07:12:28 am »

docks provide anything right now?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 31, 2013, 10:09:17 am »

Personally I would prefer that during the initial phase character creation is slowed. You start with one character, then can create another every 3 days or so. This way noone would be able to take AND hold 10 settlements in the beginning.

Note that I think 10 settlements would need a major investment of time once diplomacy and warfare become more intensive - too much time for me. I think I'd be happy with 2-5 settlements...

Also note - again - that this is an alpha. The beginning of the main game will be a lot more structured. Tom has said umpteen times that there will be no simple landgrab at the very beginning.

I would really like to hear a solid plan from Tom on what he envisions the guided start to look like. There's a good thread in the MF forums about it right now, but he hasn't provided much insight on what it'll entail.

Also, didn't realize that you're my northern neighbour!

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 31, 2013, 10:45:30 pm »

Alea jacta est.

That is me attacking your lands, TanSerrai. Since the available land for settling is so small, I can choose to spend my time as an impoverished lackey to a landed noble, in hopes of getting a unsavory scrap, or I can make an all-or-nothing bid to gain land and honour by sword's right. That is no choice at all. My knees do not bend down that far.

The entire noble family of the MacBastards, landless and with but paltry forces, has convened on this chosen ground to conquer their slice, or to perish from the entirety.

Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 01, 2013, 04:01:31 am »

how can i transfer troops to some other character? or allow my vassal to take my troops or smth?

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 01, 2013, 04:15:55 am »

Two places, troops carried and troops in town militia

Status Page -> Your Troops -> Assign (drop-down menu)
Status Page -> Town Page -> Militia Page -> Assign (drop-down menu)

Submit Order
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47