Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47845 times)

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2013, 04:46:04 pm »

Dude! You lost 6 knights to a rabble. I would pissed. Wait... Did they have their proper gear?

Well, they got plate and swords, not sure about the horses. Most of me was sure they would be able to do it, some of me was interested in their limits, I took another village with them no problem, but this one had hidden defenders I couldn't have known about, and it was the only unit that character had so it was either that or do nothing. In any case, now we know.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:48:53 pm by Mookzen »

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2013, 04:49:49 pm »

Where did you get the plate? Briseidh? That looks like the results of chainmail or less. The archers ought to be using improvised weapons in melee, so in essence, you were fighting 8 spearmen. The results don't look right.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

Where did you get the plate? Briseidh? That looks like the results of chainmail or less. The archers ought to be using improvised weapons in melee, so in essence, you were fighting 8 spearmen. The results don't look right.

Yeah, got plate from Briseidh. Ok so I've checked, all 6 had swords and plate armour but no horse. All 6 were uninjured and such, but also at 0 xp, those were all the forces they fought. Guess I was mighty unlucky, not only with the 1 spearman that survived and defended the village, but also with 2 knights killed and 4 wounded, of the 4 wounded 2 survived, they have 9 xp each now. Morale of the story, knights without horses seem iffy.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:55:11 pm by Mookzen »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2013, 04:55:43 pm »

Attack that place again.  You should be able to win this time.  So we're gonna make Briseadh some super giant town?  Sounds good to me, I'll start making demands of all the nearby nobles to start beefing it up with food.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2013, 04:58:51 pm »

Briseadh will be our mega-project.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2013, 04:59:19 pm »

Attack that place again.  You should be able to win this time.  So we're gonna make Briseadh some super giant town?  Sounds good to me, I'll start making demands of all the nearby nobles to start beefing it up with food.

Well, I couldn't attack that 1 spearman because I had no battle able men, so went back to the previous village and got 50 peasants. Gonna go back to take it this turn. Also I got like 30 hunters ready in a few turns so I can start taking them barely defended villages around. Gonna send food towards Briseadh too.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2013, 05:00:01 pm »

They might have fought veteran troops, for all we know they were wearing plate mail.

Also 2 knights was killed from arrows before they could engage.

Solution: More meat shields!

But good to know that knights alone aren't that good.

Fake EDIT: @ Brotato: sounds good to me :)

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 14, 2013, 05:02:46 pm »

They might have fought veteran troops, for all we know they were wearing plate mail.

Also 2 knights was killed from arrows before they could engage.

Solution: More meat shields!

But good to know that knights alone aren't that good.

Fake EDIT: @ Brotato: sounds good to me :)

Yeah that was totally a strategic brainfart on my part, should have taken like a 100 peasants along for the ride. Then again that village had like 2 peasants defending it, and a hidden noble unfortunately. Well, better we find this shit out in alpha then release, knights are mere men like you and I turns out....
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:05:41 pm by Mookzen »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 14, 2013, 05:27:14 pm »

Crouching peasants, hidden noble?

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2013, 05:29:40 pm »

Crouching peasants, hidden noble?

Exactly, its pretty funny how we can omnipresently tell what militia a village on the other side of the world has, yet have no way of determining what army a noble 50 meters away commands, add to that the ridiculously close villages and no reaction queue actions and we get "Peek-A-Boo Medieval Domination: The Game".
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:33:04 pm by Mookzen »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2013, 06:58:33 pm »

any invite codes left?

When I first looked at this I was like: "meh", but something about has demanded my interest!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »

Pericolo would gladly join in the Bay 12 alliance.  For the glory of the west!

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2013, 08:01:00 pm »

any invite codes left?

When I first looked at this I was like: "meh", but something about has demanded my interest!
Read this link, man.  If you submit a really short video for Tom he'll give you an invite code.
http://forum.mightandfealty.com/index.php/topic,401.0.html

@Shooer,  Glad to have you!  Will you be willing to send food toward Briseadh?  We need to make it as big as possible before the alpha ends.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2013, 08:39:03 pm »

Hm, well i'll totally get on that. In the mean time i'll post in the invite thread!

I'm excited to play this, I enjoyed BM, but just couldn't get into it indefinitely, but this new game looks different so ya. What nation are we anyhow?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2013, 08:57:08 pm »

We currently encompass three nations: Crionacht (My kingdom)  Zahringen (Gervassen's land) and Pericolo (Shooer's country)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47