Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47894 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #330 on: April 07, 2013, 09:51:00 am »

Tom:
most important change to make an end of these ridiculous "press the entire village into service" exploits:

You can now recruit at most 10% of the population per day for military service. This is not a game-restriction, it is simply a time restriction. Meaning you can recruit 10% EVERY day if you insist, but it simply takes time to find all these people.

Maybe later on this will take geography and population density into account, etc. - but for now it's a simple 10% limit. Oh, and it includes both entourage and soldiers.

I guess I take it all back.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 07, 2013, 10:03:04 am »

Yeah, well, if they complain loudly enough. I wonder how loudly I have to complain to access my soldiers?
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 07, 2013, 10:56:27 am »

Well....I'm feeling justified right now.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 07, 2013, 11:12:11 am »

Yeah, well, if they complain loudly enough. I wonder how loudly I have to complain to access my soldiers?

You say that like the fix is bad...pressing 100% of a village...especially one you JUST grabbed from someone is horribly unrealistic and unreasonable.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 07, 2013, 11:54:35 am »

You say that like the fix is bad...pressing 100% of a village...especially one you JUST grabbed from someone is horribly unrealistic and unreasonable.

Agreed.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 07, 2013, 11:56:44 am »

Agreed.

+1

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 07, 2013, 12:30:52 pm »

And 100% of them eventually desert at a 10% a day rate and appear right back in their home village. You forgot that part. It's literally like swooping in and herding them forward like scared human cattle into a battlefield on threats and watching them find ways to escape each night. Little better than human shields that only work against less than twenty defenders.

Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 07, 2013, 12:33:14 pm »

But going in one noble with any backup soldier and demanding that every mand, woman and child gather their pitchforks and marches for you is just unrealistic. you'd need a comparable force to coerce them.
For now I think that the 10% cap makes good sense, since you can still raise peasant armies, it's just not as stupidly fast.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2013, 12:48:44 pm »

I doubt women and children are in the calculations, unless you also are fantasizing that you have women and children carrying logs to build your wood castle, too. It's also unrealistic to swoop in with one noble and no enforcers and just say, "Now I'm lord here, and we're going to 100% of us build a training ground." Yet each of us claimed his first territory that way, and immediately began giving whatever crazy harmful orders he liked. A lot of things are unrealistic.

The mechanic was there to expressly raise peasants as troops just like I had done, so Tom can fuck himself if he calls it an exploit now. He wasn't while it was happening.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2013, 01:23:26 pm »

I doubt women and children are in the calculations
I thought some of the soldiers you recruited had feminine names, though I haven't done much of an examination there.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2013, 01:30:18 pm »

I thought some of the soldiers you recruited had feminine names, though I haven't done much of an examination there.
I figured this world is gender equal/neutral, cause some of those names are female.  And female nobles do the same things just as good as any male noble.

Of course, it is probably biased against children.  So yea...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2013, 01:34:30 pm »

Lots of children (as in children in modern terms) worked in medieval ages. To me, it represents the population of workers, be they man, woman, children, and their food demand is for their whole family. I don't care about who are my peasants anyway  :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 07, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »

Sweet, then I can have child soldiers.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 07, 2013, 04:37:37 pm »

You also have to remember what we call children today were the adults of yesteryear.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 07, 2013, 05:51:35 pm »

The names in the game are just from some random research file Tom found, they are a placeholder.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47