Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47877 times)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2013, 08:51:53 am »

lol well played...been following that whole thing...pretty much awesome

Hey, you should throw your name in to get an invite key if you haven't already.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 05, 2013, 10:08:45 am »

Ok seriously, Sol only has 5 hunters defending it.  How has it not fallen and been drafted into a massive mob yet?

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 05, 2013, 10:15:39 am »

For real?  Alright, screw this I'm going for Sol!  Time to finish Silverfire once and for all.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 05, 2013, 03:13:24 pm »

lol well played...been following that whole thing...pretty much awesome

Hey, you should throw your name in to get an invite key if you haven't already.

Thanks for the suggestion :p i am Masochist on the forum and I run the Prasutagus family. I tried to take one of your settlements before that was implemented to the south with some new characters. Quietly biding my time.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 05, 2013, 06:20:35 pm »

Could someone do a general report ? I'm not really sure about what happens, other than Silverfire whining about enemies hiring his lost peasants to fight him.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 05, 2013, 07:13:30 pm »

He's basically lost the war.  His capital is ours and his forces are splintered.  Now all that's left is to hunt down his remaining vassals.

EDIT:  Just got a message from him asking to surrender and swear fealty.  I need some advice on whether or not I should accept.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:16:26 pm by Brotato »

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 05, 2013, 07:49:09 pm »

so brotato was it you taking my name and using gigantic peasant armies?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 05, 2013, 08:09:04 pm »

I guess you're Lanyon then.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 05, 2013, 09:11:47 pm »

It'd ruin the arc of story if we knew the identity of the man in black. He's the dread pirate Roberts! A magnificent bastard, imo.

My issue with a surrender is... can you get an unconditional surrender? What are the terms? Giving Silverfire respite with poorly-defined "surrender" and expecting him to sit tight as a loyal vassal while you rule part of his lands would be like the bad peace of WWI leading into WWII.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 05, 2013, 09:37:08 pm »

The use of massive peasant armies kind of spoiled the fun of the alpha for me. Now I'm really just in it to go through the tech tree. I believe that the use of that game mechanic was very unsportman like and ruined a good war.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2013, 09:58:02 pm »

A "good war" that began at midnight so your opponent would be in bed and unable to respond? Ebonheart woke up to three towns fallen with only token resistance from his tiny garrisons. How much fun was his alpha? Did you ever think of that while you and Silverfire were giggling at midnight over battle plans to launch a two-on-one night-time assault against an unsuspecting smaller neighbor, Mr. Sportsman?

But that was when you were riding high, tripping on your power and elated with your clever strategies. Now you yourself are in that weak position, and only now does it become unfair and "spoiling fun".

This is why you can't make peace with these dogs, Brotato. They will never accept responsibility. They feel entitled to win at any cost, and then whine when it backfires.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 05, 2013, 10:12:05 pm »

Honestly, I would say take it to RP/IC instead of OOC... but it is Alpha.  So instead, I should say it is Alpha.

Kind of the purpose of us to test and break things for Tom to take a gander at and fix/tweak... so someone's fun won't be spoiled like so when it finally becomes stable.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 05, 2013, 10:24:16 pm »

Stop spoiling fun, Zangi. I usually don't do the IC/OOC thing well, and I find that most people are actually the same way, despite what they say. Strange concept that never really works in actuality. At any rate, what is OOC when we are all a bunch of internet personas with no physical reality?
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 05, 2013, 10:45:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure that you'd get a plotting for your demise kind of vassal with a surrender.

The use of massive peasant armies kind of spoiled the fun of the alpha for me. Now I'm really just in it to go through the tech tree. I believe that the use of that game mechanic was very unsportman like and ruined a good war.
How so ? What prevented you to use peasant armies ? It sounds kinda normal that so early in the game, the most common soldiers are peasants. It's something that was the same for everyone. Anyway, with future features that Tom will implement, peasants armies will have huge disadvantages over soldiers armies.

Edit : In fact, as show by Silverfire battle report from Sol, they are not viable.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:06:21 pm by PanH »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 05, 2013, 10:51:18 pm »

@revo, 
No, it was not me.  That's not my style and I put a lot of effort into planning an honest war, not an underhanded gambit with nighttime raids and fake names.

@Gervassen,
I've never actually thought how in a way everything for us is IC, since none of us truly know each other.  But I like to make my characters in M&F distinct with different personalities.  For example: My queen is big into witchcraft and omens.  The King is crafty and underhanded in his dealings with other nobles, but believes in freedom and liberty for the common man.  His younger son is a true warrior with the faith of a child.  The King's brother is a crafty diplomat who would be a master poker player.

In the end, I have to agree.  His vassals may swear to us separately, but Silverfire must be destroyed.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47