Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47738 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 01:51:18 pm »

I am well aware of the lack of food (and therefore population) of scrublands, that's why I claimed 10 of them.

Some of them turned out to be decent metal producers and I am planning on rushing calvary (in later tests/release since this one is closing Sunday).

Later we should team up and form a B12 realm after a wipe, I'll take the crappy land no one wants.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 02:14:26 pm »

I'm not really one for leading, so yea... we should find a place that would have enough room, but also be able to defend its borders.  I'll take a look around later.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 08:18:20 pm »

We should group up.
Also, how do you build roads? I own two settlements, both Northern coast scrubland, with the same guy, and I'm wondering how to connect them.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 08:44:27 pm »

You need to build a border post, and then you connect roads to that.  I'd be willing to lead a B12 realm, I've already had some experience with it, and I should have enough time to dedicate to it.  Assuming we actually get organized about it.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 09:48:23 pm »

Actually you don't need border posts, just sign posts.  If the sign posts are close enough to each town and they are done then the are a legitimate target for road construction.  I don't have the time or inclination to test what that range is though.  Also haven't tested to see if the same person or something has to own the same regions.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2013, 09:32:19 am »

The second alpha test for M&F will be starting Tuesday. It will initially only be open to the fifty-odd people who participated in the first alpha. HOWEVER! Tom has said that we'll be getting invite codes that we can give to other people.

So, if you didn't get into the first alpha, and have an interest, this is probably the place to mention it. Tom reports that a true realm hierarchy and combat will both be in this build.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2013, 09:37:46 am »

Yes please I would be interested :D
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2013, 09:41:01 am »

I'm interested too. I had an account in alpha 1, but I didn't play much and only sent in one or two bug reports, so I was understandably left out of his list of active testers :)

Account shows disabled now. Did alpha 1 end until alpha 2 starts or does he disable accounts that haven't logged in in a month or so?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2013, 09:50:11 am »

I'm interested too. I had an account in alpha 1, but I didn't play much and only sent in one or two bug reports, so I was understandably left out of his list of active testers :)

Account shows disabled now. Did alpha 1 end until alpha 2 starts or does he disable accounts that haven't logged in in a month or so?
From what it seems if you post at all on the forum you are in the second alpha, and invites haven't been sent out so there is no way as of yet to know exactly who is in or how many secondary invites will be available.

Alpha 1 ended sometime ago and account access was disabled shortly afterwards.

I'm just waiting until Tuesday and checking the forums there off and on until then.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2013, 09:57:40 am »

One thing I'm wondering is do you play a single character or a house ? And is it a downloaded client or in browser ?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2013, 10:00:17 am »

One thing I'm wondering is do you play a single character or a house ? And is it a downloaded client or in browser ?
You play the members of a family. Currently, I don't think Tom has put in any limits to how large your family can be.
It's in-browser.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2013, 10:03:59 am »

I also don't think he ever will put a limit on the number of characters you will be able to play.  Also they all don't have to be part of the same family.  He is planning various rules that will prevent exploitation, like early mass land grabs during release.

Some dedicated players may even end up with characters on two different sides of a conflict.  This game has so much awesome potential.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2013, 10:04:31 am »

So in a way is it sort of like the guild ?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2013, 10:13:21 am »

So in a way is it sort of like the guild ?
On the whole family/character control front, yeah.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2013, 10:16:34 am »

Cool.

So can I sign up for the alpha ? Or does one of you need to give out keys ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47