Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47737 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2013, 12:17:58 am »

I don't particularly know who this Silverfire is, I'm more familiar with Colony affairs and to a far lesser extent, Dwilight.(From BM)    But yea, I noticed that he is quite an ambitious fellow.

And eh, I'm not really ambitious enough to run much more then I already have... but... make your offer in-game.   That is if some of you lot have some high aspirations and can keep at it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2013, 12:24:50 am »

I could use one of those codes if you guys have extra. Apparently I never did post in the forum. Guess I was a failure of a tester, haha, because I remember finding bugs and thinking I needed to report them. I was thinking I had but I guess not!
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2013, 12:28:08 am »

I am in charge of the Nuclens and am setting up east of him, I plan to take the steppe like I did in alpha 1.  Zangi is near by to me as well if he wants to join in.

I just checked out where you are.  There are a few pretty decent towns near you.  I really think you should consider taking them before someone loyal to Silverfire appears.  Also, I'm to the North of Silverfire, this is my closest settlement to his http://mightandfealty.com/en/settlement/120965.  As you can see it's only a two day journey to his first settlement.  If you'd be willing to swear fealty to me, I'd send down one of my sons so we can work together.  You too, Zangi.  I think you should grab aanother town or two and swear fealty if you'd like.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2013, 01:06:09 am »

...  The siren's call to grab more territory is hard to resist... and when my peers would suggest I do grab more...  Heh.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2013, 02:25:04 am »

A wise move Zangi.  Soon we shall rule the entire North West!  (Doesn't sound as awesome when you say it out loud...)
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2013, 02:34:34 am »

Does anyone have a key left I could have ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2013, 09:13:44 am »

...  Hmmm... troublesome... to be able to field cavalry...  it would mean my city would need to be fed by.... 14 villages contributing on average 300 food each. (To get a total population of 5000 to begin construction of stables.) Maybe.  I don't know the optimal numbers yet and they still need some militia/soldiers to protect from looters.  Militia gets fed from the village.

Total 852 settlements in the world...  Probably at most 56-ish of those settlements will be able to field cavalry...  further more a few would shoot for citadels(biggest castles). Which would cut it down to 28-ish if those settlements all went for citadel(10k pop required) and achieved it.  That would mean roughly 28 cavalry centers are available in the world.

tl;dr
Total 852 settlements:
Cavalry: 56 (5k population)
Average of 14 feeders + Grassland town (15 settlements per Cavalry recruitment center)
Citadel: 28 (10k population) 
Average of 30 feeders + Grassland town (31 settlements per Giant castle)

This is a lowball estimate... the world may be able to sustain more with optimization...  (Or maybe I'm being too optimistic with each feeder settlement being able to provide roughly 300 food each?)

EDIT: Well, apparently I am mistaken... you need the population/building for War Horses...  normal Horses do not require the special building...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:48:49 am by Zangi »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2013, 10:13:07 am »

Zangi cheers for the code man.

Just started look for the village called ForgesOfArmok that's me, I'm on one of the villages which sticks out into the sea.

It needs a manual I'm a little lost but getting there

I'm here am I near anyone?

Coordinates: 15,555 - 61,555
Spotdistance: 400 m

If not I will move
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:23:15 am by ScriptWolf »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2013, 10:45:00 am »

I have 2 keys available for anyone that wants them! send me a PM here

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2013, 11:36:39 am »

NE corner, Brotato might be near you... but, you are also clearly within the influence of the soon to be Silverfire empire...  So, I'd find a different place, further north.

My field of influence is around Coordinates 35k, 50k, within the half-circle like river.  Shooer is a bit east of that.  We are still pretty close to the Silverfire empire ourselves, so we areI am quite likely to butt heads with the Empire if they start to make unreasonable demands of usme....   
Know what that means?  There will be a need for Knights to lead the troops in the coming weeks/months.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2013, 11:40:20 am »

Zangi so from where I am now move more up north ?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2013, 11:44:37 am »

Yea, being where you are... you are very unlikely to get a good deal if/when the Empire expands right over to your corner of the world.  Plus, you might want someplace where you can interact with more then just Silverfire and its vassals.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2013, 01:03:19 pm »

actually that area is pretty far from where they are setting up and it will be awhile before they get that far south.  If I were you I would take the neighboring lands and you could be potential fall back point if somehow we lose.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2013, 02:08:32 pm »

No! You should start near me (the Stondon family) There are still plenty of open settlements near me, Scriptwolf.
 That way you can start sending me tribute right away.  Hear's the plan everybody, if you're all aboard:  I'll be sending one of my vassals down towards Zangi and Shooer that way you can swear fealty to me, then you can start moving north to my capital  
Start sending tribute there as soon as you can and as much as you think you can.

I'll start producing as many highly trained soldiers as I can to give away to you guys.  That way your cities can be protected in case of invasion, and we'll have plenty of soldiers for our knights to use in battle.  Currently there are only us four families, (If Scrpitwolf sets up near us) but I think within the week there should be at least two other families who will join us.  Good luck and you can start converting others -- do so.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2013, 03:11:05 pm »

So, just got in (thanks dennis !)

I'm creating a family right now (don't know if it's really useful, but I like it).

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47