Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47743 times)

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »

Nooooo, sweet M&F thread please don't die.... LIVE ! GROW BIG AND STRONG, FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY !

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 23, 2013, 02:40:14 am »

With the alpha ending there isn't much to talk about.
Let's talk when the crowdfunding begins

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2013, 03:10:38 am »

Well, just back and ...
At least I didn't got time to be invaded by Manticore.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 23, 2013, 10:10:40 am »

What was Manticore all about ? I didn't know much about western politics.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 23, 2013, 11:16:44 am »

The CE Manticore is Commander Rathke's ship. Duh.

Obscure game references are a-go.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 25, 2013, 10:17:57 am »

I don't really know, it's Indirik big empire, which controlled most of the south west. It's just that he said he was going to attack Vasconia (me) if the alpha had continued.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:56 pm »

Necromancy :

Tadaa ! The crowdfunding begins !
Tom posted that today (after  days of countdown) : http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/might-fealty

Didn't have time to check it yet, but here it is.
Edit :
So, launch time late 2013 if it gets funded (I'd not expect it before 2014, but that's what Tom says).

Goals :
40k€ is what he needs for full time development
100k€ for development of a 3D standalone on Unity.

About the presentation, it looks good, but I think he should have focused maybe a bit more on the concrete gameplay than on the possibilities (I know it's more interesting, but people want to know what it is more than what it can do).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:40:54 pm by PanH »

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 20, 2013, 12:59:56 pm »

That actually looks great, anyone got invitation code or want to borrow his acc for testing?

Azerax

• Bay Watcher
  • Azerax stops posting, seeking child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 20, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »

The beta is for funders only, but well worth it if you've played Tom's other games.  I'm heading there now to fund.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 21, 2013, 05:48:14 am »

That actually looks great, anyone got invitation code or want to borrow his acc for testing?
The alpha with code ended a long time ago (in may). It's crowdfunding time atm, with beta incoming.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 22, 2013, 01:20:47 am »

I hope the campaign goes well but its gonna be iffy, this is not exactly the kind of thing people crowdfunding gets behind, especially with exposure is low AND it being on indiegogo, not to mention the impenetrable vagueness of the whole thing as it appears to a potential backer.

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 22, 2013, 04:07:19 am »

Tom here. Running such a campaign is always a tricky matter containing lots of trade-offs. Different people expect different things. I will be giving more details in additional videos, in fact the first one is going live today.

As for Indiegogo - tell Kickstarter to wake up to the fact that there is a world outside the US and UK and I'll be happy to run my next campaign there. Right now, if you don't have a team member in one of these two countries, you are either out of luck or you can hire(!) someone to be the middle-man and handle the cash, which includes two things I'm not comfortable with: One, trusting someone I don't know with the ENTIRE funding of my dream project and two, they of course take another part of the money, so I'd have to raise the funding goal to compensate for that.

There is no beta at this time, but I am thinking about it. Problem is that my time and resources are limited and I want to focus on doing the campaign right instead of splitting it and doing both the campaign and a beta that I can only give a part of my attention.

I prefer doing one thing right over doing ten things half-assed.

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2013, 02:15:03 am »

So, launch time late 2013 if it gets funded (I'd not expect it before 2014, but that's what Tom says).

I stick to that, though it may turn out to be beta when it launches. The campaign gives me 2 months and if I can focus on it full-time, there's a LOT of progress that can be made in 2 months if the basics are already in place. And they are.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2013, 05:11:20 am »

I am still really concerned with asking for crowd funding for a subscription based service.
20€ is more than most crowd funded games, and then you only get the game for 3 months?

I did have fun during the alpha, but it did not convince me it was worth a subscription.

Also, as far as I can tell, the cost of subscription is not mentioned in the article itself.

I am sorry to be this negative about a project that I really liked, but I really think you should turn the scope down on this one.

TanSerrai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 28, 2013, 06:32:14 am »

A few points:
Might&Fealty will not be subscription based - instead you buy 'gametime'. Once that runs out, you are finished, no need to unsuscribe or any similar hassle.
Next, Tom did mention that cost per month might still be tweaked. I expect that those 20€ will buy you more than 3 months...my personal benchmark is that for a lightweight game I would gladly invest 5€ per month, would be willing to invest 7€ per month (the current price of M&F) and would be willing but hesitant to invest 10€ per month. In addition Tom mentioned that its possible that he will add a free trial period (which I think would be absolutely necessary).

I agree that more information on the actual gameplay would be a great help....I did take part in the alpha and the core gameplay is already there. Even on a smaller island, even lacking the polish of a beta let alone a finished game I had great fun building, exploring, becoming involved in political sheenanigans and lastly war. It is difficult to transport this in a crowdfunding campaign...I would have wished there to be more screenshots of the actual maps including the political map at the end of the alpha. Would help...

Well, I personally have funded the game and will be very much looking to play it. Tom himself is a very capable designer - and insanely dedicated.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47