Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Author Topic: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty  (Read 47763 times)

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test for Might & Fealty
« Reply #555 on: May 09, 2013, 05:25:08 pm »

Looks like the kickstarter is going up some time in the not so distant future, exciting stuff.

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 10, 2013, 07:58:40 am »

This invitation is probably interesting to you guys:

Build an Empire - http://forum.mightandfealty.com/index.php/topic,544.0.html

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 10, 2013, 11:00:16 am »

I was actually trying to this this just yesterday, but the current system was clunky.
I'll be glad to try the new one.

Bael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 10, 2013, 01:22:24 pm »

What defines heavy infantry ? I have soldiers equipped with swords, scale and shield, and they're still light. Or maybe it's a bug.

I didn't see an answer to this here. Heavy is chainmail and above. There should be a medium class, but right now there isn't.

Btw, its myself and a few other people over in Autumn, and I was controlling Greenshire, but I've granted most of the regions to another person who didn't have regions, so they can play the game a bit.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 11, 2013, 08:06:36 am »

Ahh, you are Greenshire, good to know

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 11, 2013, 09:23:58 am »

Ok I suggested adding the medium infantry class to Tom, he just replied saying he'll add it in the next update, which is already live so yeah, we got medium infantry now finally, good times.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:38:58 am by Mookzen »

Bael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 11, 2013, 03:11:15 pm »

Ahh, you are Greenshire, good to know

Well, now just Elaevis and the scrublands.

Ok I suggested adding the medium infantry class to Tom, he just replied saying he'll add it in the next update, which is already live so yeah, we got medium infantry now finally, good times.

Yep, scale mail = medium. I see 'em   ;D

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 11, 2013, 03:32:41 pm »

I can see why he decided to just divide them into light and heavy but because of the way the old soldier recruitment worked lots of people built scale that and it naturally felt like the next tier coupled with the sword and shield medium infantry had. This way chain and plate is heavy and thats fair and cloth/leather must obviously be light.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:49:31 pm by Mookzen »

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 12, 2013, 07:51:59 am »

Troop training relative to settlement size has been increased, more soldiers, bigger armies, more war, more suffering and misery, more conquest, more broken dreams yay !

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 12, 2013, 02:11:14 pm »

@Gervassen
Do you intend to keep the estates near the chrionacht border, or can I just take them?

Also, since the realm chat was wiped you have to go into politics before you get the messages.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 12, 2013, 05:45:10 pm »

Oh. I quit playing when Tom said the alpha was near the end, in the beta key thread. How was I to know that two weeks later it would still be running. Take my entire kingdom if you like. 
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 15, 2013, 05:38:33 am »

hmm.. I missed that.
There will still be realm comparisons when the alpha ends, would be nice to be on top of the leading realm.

The alpha has been fun, but I am very worried in the future about the monthly fee:
We've had enough problems with rage-quits, basically anybody we've fought has ragequit, and I don't presume this will get any less with a monthly fee.

Do you think he will put up an alpha 3 when the crowdfunding starts?
I does make sense to only give people who backed the campaign access, and a fresh map.

How many here are going to back this, if we assume the price will be 10 euro?

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 18, 2013, 04:28:00 am »

Seems like Mercia is potentially going to go down the shitter, pretty much every neighbor has declared war, gonna be fun times. Wrestling with the choice of either seeing it through with the king or joining the invading forces to save my domain.

I'm definitely backing, but this is one of those games that can flop hard. Bay12 gonna be leading the charge on this one I hope.

TanSerrai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 18, 2013, 03:11:08 pm »

I will certainly back it. This has so much potential...am eager to see how this game will evolve!

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 19, 2013, 06:09:44 am »

So yeah, Alpha 2 is ending today. It's been good fun guys, looking forward to playing with you lot in the future. Sorry for not being that involved in the western funtimes Mercia was taking up most of my gametime. I'm definitely backing the game generously and I'm certain to be part of whatever is the next iteration of the game so there's that. Actually now that I think about it, having a Alpha player realm at release would be ridiculously overpowered, world domination ? Certainly possible.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47