Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 37999 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 12: Menagerie)
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2013, 04:27:51 pm »

Hmm I guess what I mean is, in a hypothetical situation maybe the word "peanut" casts a spell that creates a peanut with a top hat, a monocle and a cane.  Is it the word peanut that creates all of those attributes together or is it the individual parts of the word?  By that I mean if instead I simply said "pean"  as apposed to "peanut"  would that possibly create a peanut with a top hat and a monocle but no cane or would it create an entirely different spell with completely different effects such as a giant elephant that breathes fire?  Additionally within these words would it be the individual letters making up the effects or would it only be syllables or letter combinations making effects.  Like maybe "p" codes for peanut while "e" codes for monocles or conversely it could be that "pea" codes for peanut and "nut" for monocles while the individual letters "p" "e" "a" "n" "u" "t" don't do anything at all by themselves.  Then I suppose in addition to all that changing the wand settings complicates things even further.
I'm not sure how much of that has been figured out...ah, what the heck.
In that situation, "peanut" would be broken into two syllables, "pea" and "nut." Presumably, "pea" would be the peanut that walks and talks and such while "nut" would give it the accessories. "Pean," being one syllable, would presumably make a walking, talking peanut...shaped like a top hat, maybe? The individual letters would presumably create normal peanuts, canes, or whatever.

What happened to my character, and my action?
Most likely, I missed the action, wherever it is.

Are you sure your character is still alive? Because I pretty sure I remember Archmage Coolguy being incinerated
Sasha is still alive, I'm now playing as my falcon.
Ah.
No, she isn't.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2013, 04:31:03 pm »

Another mage dies; his pet looks and flees.
It never said anything about my falcon dying.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2013, 05:08:56 pm »

Record the spell for the bird-ant. Laugh maniacally and force the dog and bird-ant to fight to the death while I try to kill the dog. Try to get my other creation into the fight as well, weak as is.

((Gotta level somehow.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28:15 pm »

My action is right after the post, on the next page.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2013, 06:03:50 pm »

Another mage dies; his pet looks and flees.
It never said anything about my falcon dying.
That's because it happened off-screen, in a room where no one was looking.

My action is right after the post, on the next page.
Ah.
Regardless, change both wands so they're on the same setting and say that word again.
...Could you PM me that word so I can do your turn?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown: Turn 12b
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2013, 07:12:29 pm »

Jane twists the band on Meus's wand so both are on the Θ setting. She then mutters the same word once more. [14+3+1+6,19+2+6] Out of the twin wands comes a new breastplate, made of some golden metal. Jabe, irritated at how much breastplates seem to come up, names it the Yetanother Breastplate; as if it's responding to her demands, it reshapes itself into a golden cape. Worth it, no?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:17:39 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2013, 01:33:28 am »

Will the cape not to hurt me and put it on. Then, change both wands to another setting that I haven't tried yet and say that word again.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 27, 2013, 04:35:10 pm »

Am I ever going to say "sandwich" and see what it does?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown: Turn 13
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2013, 08:42:16 pm »

set wand to next random symbol, point at floor 6 feet ahead, yell corn
Vikus sets his wand to φ and [8+1] nothing happens.

Point the wand at the ground.
"SANDWICH!"
I hope this is a word of power or something :D

[6+1+3,20+3] A bunch of weird things are summoned. They look almost like chunks of firewood made of flesh. They have some weird stuff, though, like the fact that they are slowly floating up and drifting about. One brushes against you, healing your wounds some. Whatever they are, they seem to like you. Excellent...

(name the badger Mark if boy, Amy if girl. Name badger's race Sugar badgers)
Search for something to kill(that not Mark/Amy)
Clair wanders the rooms, trailed by the sugar badger. She enters a room with an iron sarcophagus.

Record the spell for the bird-ant. Laugh maniacally and force the dog and bird-ant to fight to the death while I try to kill the dog. Try to get my other creation into the fight as well, weak as is.
The spell is recorded but needs to be named.
As for the creatures, while the salamander thing refuses to fight the dog, the bird-ant-thing does. [11+1v13] The dog dodges and retaliates [6+1v13] but also misses.

Will the cape not to hurt me and put it on. Then, change both wands to another setting that I haven't tried yet and say that word again.
It does not harm Jane as she dons it. Has she tried the ⌂ setting? Now she has, and she gets [1+3+6,5+2+6] a chunk of translucent crystal covered in damp dust. Sparks of sizzling electricity leap from its surface. Neat.

-----

Suddenly, a curse seems to come from the heavens. The rooms seem to shift slightly, before reforming to their original state. Mostly.

-----

I deleted something I shouldn't have, so let's try this!
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2013, 08:46:05 pm »

Hey GWG could you just pm me when I can join if it's not too much trouble?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »

set wand to [] say armadillo, if that fails say penis
If the fleshballs do any real damage Throw two daggers at tsuchigumos character then rush over and stab him with the third

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:04:36 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2013, 08:52:11 pm »

FRIENDS.

Point at Vikus, and talk to the floating fleshbits. Tell them to attack. See if they can/do.
"Stand still. I don't think they can do much more than scratch a little.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2013, 09:01:12 pm »

Name the spell "Preperation A". Try to grapple the dog and hold it in place.

((Pretty sure a few well-aimed strikes from a beak to the dog's exposed underbelly would be a lot quicker than me strangling it.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2013, 09:15:48 pm »

Hey GWG could you just pm me when I can join if it's not too much trouble?
Sure.

set wand to [] say armadillo, if that fails say penis
If the fleshballs do any real damage Throw two daggers at tsuchigumos character then rush over and stab him with the third

Why did you quote the post you posted?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2013, 09:47:33 pm »

I didnt... my phone likes to dick me around by pushing random buttons in the modify section and having the typing cursor bounce around randomly. I just couldnt be bothered putting up with its shit again in order to fix it
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18