Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 38069 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon:A Game Of Magic Unknown(Turn 7:Expositon)Accepting waitlisters!
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:40 pm »

Relax.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Infimicon:A Game Of Magic Unknown. Turn 8
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »

Clair glare at the spider "Would you please die for me?"

PM spell. At spider, crushing intent.
[14+3,16-1] From Clair's wand bursts a mist of strange silvery stuff. It coalesces into a number of tendrils with odd axelike blades on their ends. The tendrils descend on the spider, constricting and slashing it. [2d6=9;1d6=3] Between this and the aftereffects of your previous misty weapons, the spider is firmly dead.
Within the magic circle come three bags filled with goop and a hand-and-a-half sword. [17+3-5] You recognize the bags as tanglefoot bags, a fictional alchemal item which entangles people with goop.

We both attack, me with my ineffective dirk.
[4;4-2] Not only is the dirk ineffective, Sasha's talons are as well! Both the Archmage and his familiar miss.

Name the spell "Berserker's Blessing". And loot Mues wand.
Jane writes the spell "Berserker's Blessing" in her spellbook.
(Which reminds me to write down this stuff.)
She then breaks her wand out of Meus's stony grasp, breaking a few fingers regretfully in the process.

What on Earth was that? I very well could have ended my life right there with this pitiful human wand.
Lick at my wounds, and point the wand at the wall while saying a word.
Laren contemplates how foolish its last spell was as it considers how to phrase its next one. [11-2] Nothing happens.

explore the southwest rooms, find an empty one and cycle through the runes on my wand to try and find what they do.
Vikus hurries south and west, coming into a huge room--over 100 feet to a side, with a ceiling at least 40 if not closer to 60 feet high. Oh my.
[13+1-5] The runes clearly mean something. φ, Θ, ⌂, α, ╒, and ô show up a lot in that ancient journal, but always as something you're supposed to "get" already. φ and Θ seem to be used similarly. [15+1-2] You remember that some of the notes call for rotating the wand's band partway through the incantation, but you can't remember why.

Write down the words.
Examine wand, to see the runes, then close eyes and choose one at random.
(Care to name the spell?)
Dimi scrawls the spell in his spellbook. He then glances at his wand. φ, Θ, ⌂, α, ╒, and ô...Such a nice set of runes. As he turns the band, it ends up on the ╒.

-----

The five mages and Laren experiment and recall.
Meanwhile, the centipede resteth not.
[6+1v3-2] The archmage stumbles into the massive arthropod's strike, [2d10+2:10;15-2] nearly lopping off an arm. [6-2,1d4:4] He is nearly paralyzed, [10-8,1d3:2] and has only a couple turns left to live in any case.

-----

In that case Can I join on waitlist A?  And if so would the Necronomicon be considered a valid major item?
Yes, if you post a character sheet; and not if you want the original.
Relax.

You actually already posted an action.
Three tabs in Chrome again?
(Funnily enough, I have half a dozen open in this window right now, and can operate with...a score, at least. I've managed past the point that the tabs can't hold the page icons anymore, although I don't like to...)
(Die faster! I gotta get back in! Hopefully with another Life Wand)
Yeah, most of the bonuses in that direction are from actions. Keep up the 20's and 1's.

Anyways, the biggest issue I have with my system at this point is that there's no way to heal HP or other damage without magic. Since (AFAIK) you don't have enough of an idea of how magic works to benefit much from my hints in that direction, we need mundane healing. Obviously, bleeding out should be stoppable, but what Attributes would help? What would be a reasonable requirement to actually heal HP damage?

Oh, and pool your knowledge in experimentation and such. It was the only way to do much in Perplexicon, it's even more so here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile

I would like to go on either (or both) wait lists.  I'm kind of tired right now, but I'll post a character sheet later (probably tomorrow) if it's okay for me to get in on this.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Do I have any mana left?
I need to do some sort of crazy stunt.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

manually turn the band stopping on each rune and trying to determine its purpose then moving on to the next,
at the end set it to φ

once finished point at the floor and say stuff
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I have any mana left?
I need to do some sort of crazy stunt.
Check the OP.
You have 3.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Corbin Alhazred (click to show/hide)
I believe that's everything, so, put me on waitlist A pretty please.  And if I've don't something wrong, do tell, and it shall be fixed.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyways, the biggest issue I have with my system at this point is that there's no way to heal HP or other damage without magic. Since (AFAIK) you don't have enough of an idea of how magic works to benefit much from my hints in that direction, we need mundane healing. Obviously, bleeding out should be stoppable, but what Attributes would help? What would be a reasonable requirement to actually heal HP damage?

id say it should need materials or tools relevant to the injury type and should probably use cleverness.
as for healing hp... you could always take a turn off to regenerate a small amount or try your hand at making healing potions through alchemy with cleverness?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

In that case, Falcon attack and PM spell aimed at everything.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

No... that didn't work at all. What could have these miserable humans have been thinking when they created something like this?

Point wand at wall and say word. Then head east.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe that's everything, so, put me on waitlist A pretty please.  And if I've don't something wrong, do tell, and it shall be fixed.
Looks OK.

id say it should need materials or tools relevant to the injury type and should probably use cleverness.
as for healing hp... you could always take a turn off to regenerate a small amount or try your hand at making healing potions through alchemy with cleverness?
The only problem is that neither I nor many of you are medical students. What kind of materials or tools would be "relevant" to a given injury?

Oh, and as you may know, I'm running two games where people are being secretive about spells; many of you are in both. If you PM me a spell, please include "Infimicon" in the PM's subject line. (javierpwn, I'm looking at you...)
Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

alright, hold a wand  each hand and say Word.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks OK.

The only problem is that neither I nor many of you are medical students. What kind of materials or tools would be "relevant" to a given injury?

Oh, and as you may know, I'm running two games where people are being secretive about spells; many of you are in both. If you PM me a spell, please include "Infimicon" in the PM's subject line. (javierpwn, I'm looking at you...)

well lets say someone gets a nasty gash in their arm, they can either bandage it tightly with cloth or sew it shut with a needle and thread, whereas if they have say a severed leg they'd need to use a tourniquet or cauterize the wound to halt the blood loss.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Change to the Θ rune, PM spell at a wall. Get tanglefoot.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Oooh. I wonder what rune is the breastplate rune.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18