Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 38112 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Books... Silly symbols of humanity. A true beast should know its magic by heart.

Point at a wall with the wand, and say a WORD.
Poor you.... We could have become friends....I could had taught you how to read.....

I CREATED YOU!!! Without me, You wouldn't exist

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

"What was that? Did you just attack me?"

Back away from Meus, and try my word again.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

*N-No... No. NO!*
Try to resist and say Word.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Not saying my word on him, just saying it at the wall.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I'm saying it at the copper breastplate.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown: Turn 7
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2013, 06:52:12 pm »

How much health is left on the centipede?
Sasha attempts to finish it off.
[15v16] The centipede skitters out of the way of Sasha's talons. Coolguy considers doing something, but gets hit with a very minor headache.
((You can act, too. Right now, you're kinda being a crappy Archmage and pet owner.))

Put the armor on under my dress(first making sure no one peeking on me) and cast a PM spell.
Clair glances around, then slips her dress off. She dons the armor, then tries to get her dress on over it. [15] Thankfully, it's a nice, wide dress and therefore can slip over the armor. She jumps back as a monstrous spider materializes in the circle, shouting at it! [10+3,12-1,1d6:2;4+3] A chunk of stuff flies out of the end of Clair's wand, dispersing into a mist which flows at the spider. The stuff seems to be a large number of tiny whips flaying the spider's chitin. As to the second bit, nothing happens.

FUCK MY SKIN IS NO LONGER ATTACHED TO MY MUSCLES
Point wand at centipede.
FUCK YOU!
(FUK-YOO)
[17+1,4-1] The centipede shakes its head, evidently feeling uneasy. It scratches at its sides and seems distracted.

Books... Silly symbols of humanity. A true beast should know its magic by heart.
Point at a wall with the wand, and say a WORD.
Laren caws out an incantation, [17-2,5+1] causing a bit of energy to come bursting from his toes and talons. Most of it is directed up, although a bit is blasting down and some even to the left. [17+1] With four scrabbling feet, Laren stays standing.

"What was that? Did you just attack me?"

Back away from Meus, and try my word again.
Jane backs away from her mad former friend--current friend still?--and says her word again. [18+3,6+2] Jane feels inexplicable rage and fear of everything welling up inside of her! She also feels tough.

*N-No... No. NO!*
Try to resist and say Word.
Meus shudders, directing his anger at the breastplate! [20!+1,2-2] On the first word, a stony magnifying glass flies up and points a face at Meus. [2-2] He just stands still as he is turned to stone. His gear is mostly petrified as well, but the wand and breastplate are not.

-----

Combat with the massive vermin continues. A life is frozen in stone, and another becomes antipathetic to all.
The giant centipede is too distracted to attack. A new monstrous spider appears next to the armored little girl, chitin first, which is filed out with the bones and organs of a spider.

A new person, almost forgotten, appears. He is Vikus, a former mine guard. He is pretty strong and tough, as well as clever and quite quick, but has otherwise poor magical aptitude. His wand, alderwood with a blue crystal band, is clutched in his hand.

A booming voice rings out for the mages.

-----

Okay, a few things I'm bursting to explain. One: The runes really matter. Two: The letters in the words have special effects, which are what determines the spell's effects. Three: Each word is a new spell.
I'd also like to note that we are suffering a player shortage. Any ideas on how to remedy this?
Oh, and before I forget: Yup, monsters respawn! Clair should be able to handle this one pretty easily, though.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:30:02 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon:A Game Of Magic Unknown(Turn 7:Expositon)Accepting waitlisters!
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »

Clair glare at the spider "Would you please die for me?"

PM spell. At spider, crushing intent.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2013, 07:08:47 pm »

[15v16] The centipede skitters out of the way of Sasha's talons. Coolguy considers doing something, but gets hit with a very minor headache.
((You can act, too. Right now, you're kinda being a crappy Archmage and pet owner.))
Did not know that.
We both attack, me with my ineffective dirk.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2013, 07:23:44 pm »

So why didnt you put this in roll to dodge? It would get more attention and it looks rather dice based to me.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »

Write down the words.

Examine wand, to see the runes, then close eyes and choose one at random.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2013, 07:35:25 pm »

So why didnt you put this in roll to dodge? It would get more attention and it looks rather dice based to me.
There's a lot of "Arena-based games where you get power from killing other players" going around there. It also doesn't seem to follow RtD rules much more than, say, D&D.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2013, 07:40:24 pm »

hmm. Write that one in my spellbook as "Possible enrage + buff spell". Try word.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2013, 07:52:41 pm »

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »

wait- Is Mues dead, or did he just get turned to stone temporarily?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »

hmm. Write that one in my spellbook as "Possible enrage + buff spell". Try word.
Could you name the spell?

...Okay?

wait- Is Mues dead, or did he just get turned to stone temporarily?
Permanently. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention something. Hold on.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18