Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown (Turn 13: Shifdemapp)  (Read 38120 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

((what is the number for average and for 0 mod))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

By all means, I seem to have difficulty with magic.
Oh no, your spells are pretty good. They don't do useful things, but they're effective.
So they're effectively useless?
From a certain point of view.

((what is the number for average and for 0 mod))
An average person's Attribute us about 10-11, the same as for a +0 modifier.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

((I take it that I now have 13 out of 19 hp left?))
+1 cleverness

"Dirty human never saw it coming. I bet I wouldn't have caught him off guard like that if I revealed that I can speak. SCRAAAAAAAAAW! Hahaha, he must've thought I was just an ordinary animal with those sounds I was making. But I am Lared, king of the beasts, and I shall be the servant of no one!"

Grab Javier's book with my free spidery limb, and look through it. Then say a word.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Yes learn the single word I said without anyone looking
Also it's mean to kill a person when they just start out!

Ripping the wand out from my hand as well!))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

(Yes learn the single word I said without anyone looking
Also it's mean to kill a person when they just start out!

Ripping the wand out from my hand as well!))
((Sorry about that, but according to the post, I was supposed to be hostile towards you.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

"Hey Meus, wanna trade wands? I wanna see if that changes anything."

If he agrees, say Word.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

"Sure, that would be intresting."
Accept Jane's wand, say a Word too.

((We do need more waitlisters tough. I don't see why this is so unpopular.))
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 11:54:07 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

((Shouldn't my hp be 13 out of 19 if the maximum is toughness+5?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infimicon: A Game Of Magic Unknown: Turn 6
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2013, 06:25:27 pm »

Send out Sasha.
Sasha flies obediently at the giant centipede. [17v9+2;2d6=8] This works like a dream; the falcon's talons shred the monster's head. Sadly, it's still alive.

Poke armor with one of the spider legs because I don't want my umbrella burning or something. If it stay still and the leg seem fine pick it up.
After ripping off a spider leg, Clair pokes at the armor. Nothing happens. She picks up the armor, a set of half-plate--a breastplate, armor bits she doesn't know the name of for the upper legs and arms, gauntlets. Four little sticks fall out. [8+3] They look a bit like primitive matches.

Before the action I posted, make sure to explode my own shirt off with a muscle flex when near the party.
"Huh. Didn't expect there to be a door or anything, but damn. I was gonna brush my teeth, at least...All right, that's a centipede, and I have a pointy thing."

Point wand at big bug, and calmly speak.
"Koto!" (KOH-toh)

"So, what's up? Anyone got a light? A cigarette, maybe?"
Dimi [17+2-5] sort of damages his shirt for no discernible reason before strolling into the next room, pointing his wand at the centipede, and [10+1,1!-1] a bunch of undirected, harmless energy roils out of his skin...as well as under it. [2d4=5] The energy is too diffuse outside his body to do much, but inside...ouch. He sorta drops to the ground. Worse, the energy shifts inside his wand...

"Dirty human never saw it coming. I bet I wouldn't have caught him off guard like that if I revealed that I can speak. SCRAAAAAAAAAW! Hahaha, he must've thought I was just an ordinary animal with those sounds I was making. But I am Lared, king of the beasts, and I shall be the servant of no one!"

Grab Javier's book with my free spidery limb, and look through it. Then say a word.
Lared squacks to himself as it searches its maker's body. It finds an interesting book, which it opens, only to remember that it can't read.

"Hey Meus, wanna trade wands? I wanna see if that changes anything."

If he agrees, say Word.
"Sure, that would be intresting."
Accept Jane's wand, say a Word too.
Jane accepts Meus's wand, and [5+3] nothing happens. Meanwhile, Meus tries out Jane's wand and [18+1+3-2!,2-2+3-2] a new breastplate forms, made of ancient copper from the tarnished color. This breastplate clunks to the ground and begins to spew a noxious-looking green gas. Meus can feel a telepathic link to it, which the artifact uses to disrupt Meus's mind. The enchantment he levied at the start, now forgotten, activates; Jane's seeming a lot more friendly right before and during the attack. [10v7-5(unsuspecting)] He hits her hard, [2d10:2] for a certain definition of "hard." Ouch.

-----

The five mages, one pet, and one creation continue to act, not terribly successfully (except for a falcon and an accidental attack). Meanwhile, a single beast has yet to act this...arbitrary unit of time.
The giant centipede strikes at the falcon.
[3+1] It completely misses. How dull.

-----

Oops. That did NOT end well for anyone.
((Shouldn't my hp be 13 out of 19 if the maximum is toughness+5?))
Forgot to mention, that's only certain for humans.
By the way, anyone have an idea of how I could implement nonmagical healing without violating biological law, or should I just give you a couple hints to point you towards magical healing?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

How much health is left on the centipede?
Sasha attempts to finish it off.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How would you know?
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Put the armor on under my dress(first making sure no one peeking on me) and cast a PM spell.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

How would you know?
Look at it and say, "Hey, how badly hurt does that centipede look, on a scale of 1 to 10."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

FUCK MY SKIN IS NO LONGER ATTACHED TO MY MUSCLES
Point wand at centipede.
FUCK YOU!
(FUK-YOO)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

Books... Silly symbols of humanity. A true beast should know its magic by heart.

Point at a wall with the wand, and say a WORD.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18